Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I just realized that suddenly being sent to Terra means Kila probably saw Rabies disappear and must be freaking the gently caress out right about now. Hell, maybe the Tokyo police will just assume it's another murder, Kila hid the body, and they'll throw his rear end in jail. Then they'll try to pin every other murder on him as well, because if there's one thing Japanese cops like it's finding a culprit, regardless of actual guilt. With a little luck, Kila's gonna get the chair.

Surely there would be a body, considering all the 'midnight murder' victims so far have been taken to Terra instead but have left corpses behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Maybe the Terra adventure is just a dream Rabies is having as he's being asphyxiated by the murderer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mechanical Ape posted:

Maybe the Terra adventure is just a dream Rabies is having as he's being asphyxiated by the murderer.

Who, by process of elimination from where he was, has to be Kila.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Who, by process of elimination from where he was, has to be Kila.

It was inevitable after Rabies snubbed Kila's beloved maid cafes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kila Butts
Meet your attorney: Fenix Light

gently caress man whyd that Bird Lawyer LP stop

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
This LP is cool and good. Don't abandon it or Kila will haunt your dreams forever.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

EggsAisle posted:

or Kila will haunt your dreams forever.

Too late for that. :shepface:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

EggsAisle posted:

This LP is cool and good. Don't abandon it or Kila will haunt your dreams forever.

Kila haunting their dreams is why the LP is happening in the first place, Blarghalt can't suffer in solitude.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Well I knew Kila was a murderer from his dead stare. I don't know if he murdered the protagonist, but I'm sure he murdered someone.

I mean look at him.

:stare:

:stare:

:stonk:

There's nothing behind those eyes, Kila...or is there...!?

Edit: I just now noticed that Kila's teeth are flush with his chin, almost like they're just different color fur. It's bugging me. This is all bugging me.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 17, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
... Kila is a guy? I admit I mostly skim over the updates for the sake of my sanity but I was sure the squirrel was a girl.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Now that you mention it, I'm not sure it was explicitly mentioned, but you can't blame us for assuming that an individual wanting to patronize a maid cafe is male

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

... Kila is a guy? I admit I mostly skim over the updates for the sake of my sanity but I was sure the squirrel was a girl.

Kila is referred to by the main character as "he" and "him" from update 1 on. So, yeah, that one's pretty clear.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
We say "teeth", but it looks to me like one big tooth with a partial groove down the middle. Needless to say, this makes eating pocky quite the challenge!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Mechanical Ape posted:

We say "teeth", but it looks to me like one big tooth with a partial groove down the middle. Needless to say, this makes eating pocky quite the challenge!

I was sure this was a tongue, then decided it was just a patch of lighter coloured fur. Now i'm very confused.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

It's definitely supposed to be buck teeth, but like the rest of this game it makes little sense.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Kila the Killa! It all makes sense!

I have to confess, I can't read a whole update at a time. I get about halfway through before cringing too hard and having to stop.

Also, Furry Outsider's philosophy reminds me of Tommy from The Boosh.

"We dream... But do we really dream?"
"Are you finished?"
"I'm finished... But am I really finished?"

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I hope we can get another update. Can't stop this furry train.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Zain posted:

I hope we can get another update. Can't stop this furry train.

Don't worry, I've boarded this train only to discover to my horror that the brakes have been sabotaged. :shepicide:

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

You guys having nice holidays? Well too bad, this game is so terrible that it's canceled Christmas.

So here's the first question, where Endymion pulls a Professor Oak on us. We'll say Rabies is male because all the backer OCs are.

And Konrad hits on us like a loving creep.

Does Rabies want a six-digit salary and stock options, or "experience"? Hmmmmmm.

I did take you for a leader, after all. A "savior" shouldn't be anything but.

Was Jesus subjected to really bad questionnaires too?

But leadership is so restricting...You don't have true freedom as a leader!

Konrad now's not (nor ever will be) the time to tell me about your sub fantasies. :gonk:

Anyway, moving on. Let's see here. Do you consider yourself skeptical? Or are you an easily trusting person?

You're seriously going to ask a question about trust to the person you just kidnapped? I'm skeptical you two are even assassins. I haven't seen you stab one person yet.

Wait, I was wrong...?

It wouldn't be the first time, Konrad.

Hey, that's not nice! I thought I got a pretty good read o him.

Right...You're about to go to war. Would you prefer to attack -- or defend?

Oh, now we're digging a little deeper.

Remember there are no wrong answers. We are simply defining you on paper.

I kinda wanna punch both of you right now, so let's say Rabies prefers attacking.

In other words, you'd rather be hostile. I like you more and more. Starting to think you'd make a fine protege.

Now, allowing us to move on. Would you take one life -- to save many?

Kill 'em all! :black101:

That's what I thought. Can't be the savior without getting dirty. Maybe we need a third Assassin, Endy.

I won't even humor the thought. They're destined for much greater things.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Alright. We're almost done, I promise.

You're running late to your destination. The paths before you are as follows: There is a short but dangerous route...And a long but much safer route. If you take the long route, you may be late. But the short route may lead to your death.

I yearn for sweet release.

That's what I'm talking about. A lot more interesting than this...Nothing is fun without a little risk.

Konrad winks at me.

Yes, but we have The Savior with us. We can't risk their lives for expedience.

Yeah, but if they are this "savior"...You'd think they could handle some trouble.

They both stare at me. Are they expecting me to say something here? I shrug it off.

As demonstrated by the background remaining the same with static character images.

About time.

C'mon Endymion, stab Konrad. You know you need it.

The gently caress kind of questions are these?

I let them know that I like being alone.

Present company excluded, I hope! You're wounding me.

Present company absolutely included! :v:

Konrad! I apologize for his words. Etiquette was not in his curriculum. However, fortunately -- we have concluded. And not a moment too soon, either. The town is just a few moments ahead.

I know we can't make many detours. But we need to hand in these papers. We'll make a quick stop -- and that's it.

Okay, this bothers me. Why are they bothering with normal bureaucratic procedures? Velasquez made it pretty drat clear that he wanted to see Rabies as soon as possible.

Why would assassins use the postal service?

That's true. Caylen may have written.

Endymion looks at me and sighs loudly.

I guess you're in luck, savior. You'll get to see The Wayfarer's Tavern. It's the hottest place to be on Terra.

He's joking of course. We just stay there sometimes. And we own one of the postal boxes.

WHY WOULD ASSASSINS HAVE THEIR MAIL DELIVERED IN A PUBLIC PLACE

Yeah nothing I love more than slamming down a few margaritas at the DMV.

True. Nobody likes mail and immigration. But everyone and their mum loves drinking! If you look ahead, you can see it!

He points ahead, and I see he's right. A small town is coming into view. A bar that doubles as an immigration office? It sounds weird -- but so does everything as of late.

What kind of poo poo government installs an office in a bar?

At least we can take care of two matters at once. Handing in my papers, and checking their mail. Then maybe -- just maybe, I can meet their King. He would definitely have the answers I seek...

So what's going on at FURRYWORLD PRIME?

I seem to have a talent for asking questions I immediately regret.

But, these "Midnight Deaths"? I never believed in them to begin with. Or rather, that they were "supernatural". The media loves to romanticize things. I'm sure many people die at midnight daily.

There's something concerning about how he didn't believe the murders were caused by stupid quantum mechanics poo poo, as if that's an accomplishment.

But to affect one of my own idols. Mere days before the debut of their tour? No, it has to be a coincidence. I'm sure.

Why does Singe, a guy I think is a dragon, have fur?

Singe is fine. We're closer than that, Rocker.

Alright. Social media exploded at Klace's death. Good luck playing it off as a hoax. The body bag was even on national TV. I'm not sure how we'll spin this, exactly. But fans are starting to fill in the cracks. There's talk of it being a crazed fan. The work of a stalker, they say.

It can't be. I've seen stalkers before. They're much more erratic. Not calculated. This has the workings of a serial killer. If it was a murder at all. A stalker wants to possess, not destroy.

I think Klace gives himself too much credit to think that he's popular enough to warrant stalkers.

So their end goal was Klace's murder...?

Absolutely not. That's self-centered. We must presume the killer will still act. A serial killer doesn't just "stop".

Uh, yeah they do. Serial killers have pretty well-documented periods of "cooling off".

I had hoped this was an isolated incident. But the M.O matches these "Midnight Deaths". Right down to the method of murder.

It seems their goals become more grandiose. If they aren't done -- then who's next?

Me, I hope. :buddy:

That's what chills me the most. A larger target than a pop idol?

Two pop idols?

Hmm...

What's wrong?

I talked to Jade earlier about these deaths. She mentioned they were all like suicides. At least, half of them looked that way. There was another half that was murder. No confusion there -- gunshots and all.

I was told that Klace died of asphyxiation. But there was no sign of a struggle.

Does nobody in Tokyo even do the most basic police work?

Wait a minute, one of these victims died at 12:01 AM! FAKE NEWS! :argh:

I guess that's true. But it's not just that. It's time of death -and- method of death. A suicide with no evidence isn't suicide...So there are two groups then...? The mysterious suicides, and the murders. But I'm willing to bet they're both murders.

You seem to have figured out a lot...I thought they'd keep Klace under wraps.

I had to pull a lot of strings. But I'm glad you figured it out, Rocker. There aren't two groups. There's only one.

So what, Endymion and Konrad are summoning people over who just happened to be murdered by the serial killer at the exact same time? :psyduck:

You just spend about five paragraphs establishing that you're pretty drat sure the murders aren't isolated.

So a murder covered up as a suicide, huh?

Not very well either, it would seem. If they wanted it to look like a suicide...Why would they take the "weapon" with them?

If Klace was found with a rope around him...None of us would be doubting this at all. But this is the same throughout all cases. I believe the police are jumping the gun. There's nothing that labels these suicides.

Especially in light of one major fact. All of the victims were "mentally fit".

Oh gently caress you. What kind of head-in-rear end logic is that?

:v: "These can't be suicides! The victims didn't seem suicidal!"

If were dealing with a killer here...There's no way they're trying to trick us. They want us to know these aren't suicides.

It's the police that are in the wrong. Or perhaps they are being manipulated.

"I, a band manager, know more about detective work than the actual detectives."

You guys are awfully calm considering the main star of your big tour just got strangle-summon-murdered.

It's not a problem. Jade and Dazz are outside as well. I'll stay as long as you need.

Would you mind letting Jade in? We need to discuss press matters. We'll need to make a statement tomorrow.

Absolutely.

And Dazz is here, you said? Please stay with her in the limo. And tell her what I plan to do with her.

Something weird, I bet.

Roger.

Aren't you two Klace's main managers? Wouldn't you see each other constantly?

Too long, I'm afraid. And not under the circumstances I'd prefer.

Indeed. I always felt bad for Klace...How people were blaming him for the murders.

Hey, people needed a scapefurry. v:v:v

Just because the deaths started when we--Sorry, I shouldn't get into superstition. I just never would've guessed...Klace's death would be what absolved him? The people can't blame a victim, I mean.

Who talks like this.

Indeed. And how do you think I feel. I didn't buy into these "Midnight Deaths". I left him vulnerable. Open, even.

Should I start a running counter for every time someone says 'Indeed'?

I'm used to the media making up "trends". Even in completely unrelated things. I should've been more cautious of this. I should have assigned more guards to him. Perhaps this could have been avoided...

I don't think guards would've helped, sir. Besides -- have you worked on your alibi?

Alibi?

I demand an alibi for why he refuses to button up his shirt.

You were the last person to see him alive. And you two had a heated argument, as well.

You should drop that line of thought, Jade. Veiled accusations only hurt you in the end.

The media will want to know. It's not me. That is what you asked me here for, right? So we can decide what to tell the press?

I suppose you're right. That, and the changes we'll need to make. The tour must go on as planned. The amount of refunds people will want...It makes me scared just thinking about it.

That's a separate beast entirely. But first, about how we address the death. I think you need to be blunt. You shouldn't be anything less than honest. Tell them you don't know what happened. We're on the same page as everyone else. Let them know we're cooperating with police.

It's important they feel in sync with us. We must not appear to hide facts from them. We'll make things public as the police does.

You're right. There isn't much else to do. But we still need to talk about the tour.

These two seriously sound like goddamn robots reacting to Klace's death.

THE KLACE LIFEFORM IS DEAD. THIS IS NON-OPTIMAL.

:awesomelon: AFFIRMATIVE. THE TOUR MUST PROCEED.

We shouldn't change topic just yet, though.

Hmm?

Remember the two groups of deaths? The group of murders, and of suicides? I figured out something shocking tonight...The culprit for the group of murders? They were found. A week ago, Singe.

And the police didn't loving announce this? :psyduck:

What?

And here's where it gets more bizarre. They have a watertight alibi. It excuses them fully from the "suicides".

They were a copycat killer. And they've admitted this openly. The true culprit is still at large.

How does 'copycat' become a word when cats in this universe are anthro and fully sapient?

I see...

But the police are still in the wrong. The suicides are not suicides at all. At least conflicting M.O's aren't an issue. We only have to focus on the "suicides" now.

Does this make it easier on us?

Unfortunately not. There's just too much missing, here. No suicide note...No evidence...Along with the victims being mentally fit. If it was a suicide...There would be evidence at the crime scene. Instead, we have almost nothing at all. There was someone on the news last week. They said they survived The Midnight Deaths. Unfortunately, this was all a ruse.

So what was the good goddamn point of Jade dragging Rabies up to their office to spout her quantum mechanics theory?

Actually, I know the answer to this. Klace wrote this game chapter-by-chapter, and did not plan any aspect of the story ahead of time.

Just say it, Jade. You think a ghost is doing this.

It's likely a cop...Someone who's been trained in these things.

It's possible. I have a theory, though. Something a little more bizarre than most.

Please, Jade, tell us about how you think quantum mechanics works. :allears:

I don't have time for quantum mechanics. There has to be a logical reason for this.

Also, didn't her whole theory rest on that one guy getting choked out and surviving? And since he lied, the whole thing kind of falls apart?

The murders started as our tour arrived. The killer must have a police background...

Jade...

Yes?

Bring me Klace's security guard. I'll need to speak with him immediately.

You mean...?

Something tells me Singe has poor hiring skills.

Blarghalt fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 23, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Rocker"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Singe."

You can't get away with something like that unless you're both

1. Going for a light tone
2. Consistent with it

You can't pull an Ace Attorney right in the middle of your poo poo for two characters!

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Every screenshot is a new low, each chapter is a new bottom. Now we've got the bird monster and this new hairy dragon onscreen at the same time solving mysteries. What's next? What could possibly be next?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
To note, the awfulness of Singe's character design is largely covered up by the game's text boxes. Have an uncovered gander!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Is it normal for people in the music industry to wear their shirts open during important conversations about how to continue business in the face of tragedy?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Is it normal for people in the music industry to wear their shirts open during important conversations about how to continue business in the face of tragedy?

I'm not convinced they see Klace's death as a "tragedy" in the sense you and I understand the word, and I'm not sure we should either.

But no, it's probably not normal.

Rinoka
Sep 15, 2012

Is this hope...?
...No! That's wrong!

Blarghalt posted:

Why does Singe, a guy I think is a dragon, have fur?

It's actually pretty common for furries to sorta just redesign mythical creatures. Dragons get fur instead of scales, griffons get fur instead of feathers, etc etc. :eng101:

There's precedent in other cultures for these things (Asian myth has furred dragons, for example), but I'm fairly sure these didn't factor those in.

Also, wow. It seems like Klace put a stopper on every single character's capacity to have extreme emotions. No tears now, only indeeds.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

inthesto posted:

To note, the awfulness of Singe's character design is largely covered up by the game's text boxes. Have an uncovered gander!

Here's something I hadn't considered before: why does his head apparently have fur, but his chest is smooth? :gonk:

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
A few other characters also had varying fur density, with the shortest fur being drawn as essentially colored skin. It could certainly be that.

Waffleman_ posted:

"Singe."

You can't get away with something like that unless you're both

1. Going for a light tone
2. Consistent with it

You can't pull an Ace Attorney right in the middle of your poo poo for two characters!
As it turns out, Singe is just is the name of some dude's fursona, and that name isn't particularly related to singing. It's way more obvious: its thing is fire, as it apparently lives in a volcano and is a scientist... which I guess they were trying to evoke with that white jacket. I can imagine it was left wide open for the sole purpose of showing off that very elegant "white heart on pink fur" design element.

But, as mentioned, it seems it's another of those OCs that take inspiration from shows like American Dragon that popularized the leaner Asian dragons.

TheSoulian
Dec 5, 2016

Why does the dragon have a HEART on it's chest?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure (read: hope) he's wearing a tight shirt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Miacis posted:

As it turns out, Singe is just is the name of some dude's fursona, and that name isn't particularly related to singing. It's way more obvious: its thing is fire, as it apparently lives in a volcano and is a scientist... which I guess they were trying to evoke with that white jacket. I can imagine it was left wide open for the sole purpose of showing off that very elegant "white heart on pink fur" design element.

Yes, I know what singe means, that is the exact point I was making. The dragon is named Singe.

And this is probably why you shouldn't have random people design and name your major characters.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And I assume "Rocker" is similarly someone's OC that Klace thought was perfect for making into one of the band members because he's, you know, a rocker and all. Except now we have a rock band where one of the musicians is literally named "Rocker".

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes, I know what singe means, that is the exact point I was making. The dragon is named Singe.

And this is probably why you shouldn't have random people design and name your major characters.
Don't you understand? Crowdfunding and community participation are the wave of the future. You can't fight progress.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And motherFUCK, if anything has ever needed an editor it's that rambling incoherent conversation between Singe and Jade. I've attempted to read through it more than once now and I still have no idea why the asscrack Klace thought it was in any way helpful to the story to a) introduce the X-factor of "another group of Midnight Deaths cases that were actual murders and not mysterious maybe-suicides, thus complicating the theories we have about them" and b) remove that factor from consideration by declaring them the work of a copycat killer and thus irrelevant, in the same conversation. I mean, if there was some kind of plot element that hung on that idea, maybe? But we only just found out that it was a possibility and the game tells us to not worry about it and we're back to square one.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Data Graham posted:

And motherFUCK, if anything has ever needed an editor it's that rambling incoherent conversation between Singe and Jade. I've attempted to read through it more than once now and I still have no idea why the asscrack Klace thought it was in any way helpful to the story to a) introduce the X-factor of "another group of Midnight Deaths cases that were actual murders and not mysterious maybe-suicides, thus complicating the theories we have about them" and b) remove that factor from consideration by declaring them the work of a copycat killer and thus irrelevant, in the same conversation. I mean, if there was some kind of plot element that hung on that idea, maybe? But we only just found out that it was a possibility and the game tells us to not worry about it and we're back to square one.

Because Persona 4 had a copycat killer and we need to keep ripping o--I'm sorry, "be inspired by"--better games!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, that reminds me. Add Pokemon Mystery Dungeon to the pile.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So basically I have to be conversant in modern video games in order to have a hope in hell of understanding what's going on in what I will charitably call this story.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Data Graham posted:

So basically I have to be conversant in modern video games in order to have a hope in hell of understanding what's going on in what I will charitably call this story.

Nope, all it will do is make you angrier because this trainwreck is just picking up trappings and plot items from other games and just shoving them in a blender without any concession for logic or narrative flow.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
By the way, the copycat killer never comes up again. It's a completely extraneous detail that does nothing but muddle up the story.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, that reminds me. Add Pokemon Mystery Dungeon to the pile.

Wait, what part of Pokemon loving Mystery Dungeon does this game rip off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games start with personality quizzes much like the beginning of this update to determine which Pokemon your character is.

• Locked thread