Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
He's in . Star Marine is real after years, not months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They're in a game of Star Marine!

Instant t-pose stuck in the floor within a second.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

XK posted:

They're in a game of Star Marine!

Instant t-pose stuck in the floor within a second.

Oh God screen shot it plz I'm at work

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I can't load the stream :argh:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Probably because....:grin:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/809533111553892352

Busted :vince:

Shitizens still don't get how my plan works; even though I tend to use my social media posts as cited links in my blogs and statements. It's uncanny to me that people can be so dumb as to ignore the obvious. Kinda like my Quora response to Star Citizen (over 1300 views to date) which has them in knots over on /r/ds because somehow they can't reconcile why I would even respond, let alone in the manner that I did. Because somehow, they are of the opinion that I want to turn people away from the project, watch it burn etc, this despite the fact that since it's pure and utter shite, my sole purpose is to have people try it for themselves, see that I'm right, then either run far away, or tell their friends to get a refund or run away. And those who do try and like it enough to spend money on it, will be part of the rage machine down the road when the collapse comes.

They're clueless.

That's what some of these Shitizen clowns don't get. NONE of us are out to hurt anyone. I don't know about about other leakers, by my sole purpose, since day one, has always been about accountability. Which is why my target remains the project and those heading it. Like anyone is going to risk ruining someone's job and/or livelihood just to score points and lols against some inconsequential rear end-clowns on the Internet. At the end of the day, if CIG sees something that's false, the onus is on them to take the necessary action and prove it to be false. It really is that simple. It's not like they can't afford the legal bills.

:grin: They won't care, everyone is my alt.

I'm Smarticus!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's hard to tell how well anything works because WTFosaurus keeps getting slaughtered every 10 seconds.

Edit: Server crashed.

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
Honestly Star Marine looks pretty bad but this is exactly what they need to change the narrative after that horrific livestream, the super-invested will find reasons to like it.

edit: even looks like moma was right about the 12v12

hardycore fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 17, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Derek intimated in the live chat today that Chris is terrified to show SQ42 before it's "Ready" because he thinks a bad first reveal will cause overwhelming reputation damage (he's probably right). So there's likely a mountain of buggy, half-finished single player content that they're sitting on but can't release, and instead we get Disco Lando in a clown suit.

It's worse than that. My sources - as of 48hrs ago - told me that SQ42 doesn't even exist as a "game". Just a bunch of bad parts. No vertical slice.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/809970786941435904

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

XK posted:

It's hard to tell how well anything works because WTFosaurus keeps getting slaughtered every 10 seconds.

Edit: Server crashed.

I was just going to comment that I looked at WTF's stream and the first things I heard were:

"I'm at D"
"No the server's crashing."
"Oh yeah there it goes"

Well kinda paraphrased because with my slow typing that was a few minutes ago.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

D_Smart posted:

It's worse than that. My sources - as of 48hrs ago - told me that SQ42 doesn't even exist as a "game". Just a bunch of bad parts. No vertical slice.

I thought we all assumed that. All of everything they've shown for the last several years appears to only exist as disjointed programming exercises.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
It's like CIG takes "there's always more, and it's always worse" as some sort of challenge.

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
The 30 second long sub notification is as always a welcome break from Star Citizen gameplay

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK
Jul 9, 2001

The embarrassing stream earned them maybe 2 days of operational funding.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
grenades are IN

the social module

A Neurotic Corncob fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 17, 2016

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

In all honesty that would not suprise me the least, as we've all seen since day 1 it's been all smoke and mirrors.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
PTU aim date gets pushed back to 22 dec and newsletter says no 2.6 today. Livestream happens. people making hundreds of posts about cancelling their subscription. Now suddenly you can play 2.6 ptu if you are a subscriber that has half the features. Interesting.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Okay, since I've woken up this morning, I've watched, listened, I've CAUGHT UP WITH THE THREAD.

And this has without doubt been the most entertaining time I've ever had cringing, pointing and being embarrassed by proxy.

Oh my God, CIG, you stars. You big lovely stars. Never change.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
This is so goddamn desperate I love it.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Mr.PayDay posted:

"Tonights stream made me regret pledging for SC. I'm serious. Aside from the appalling production quality of the stream itself, what content that was shown was very lack luster.

Sure, they would push AC/SM, we understand that, but I would have thought that they would have actually bothered about their gameplay. All that grenade spam... reminded me of Battlefield 3. Oh yay.

The rest of the night was a joke. "Oh hey, here is a shiny new ship that you should so totally buy now and not wait for it to have any sort of balance pass. Oh, you want to know about 3.0? Well, let us answer just a couple of the really easy questions that we can, you know, gabble on about to fill, you know, time. Actual questions that may be relevant? What are those?"

And not coming upfront to say "look, we can't do 2.6 tonight and it has been pushed back again" is just very weak and uncaring to the community. I found that out from Twitch chat. Did it even get a mention? I'm not sure 'cos the sound was awful most of the time. And the final sting was the, almost mandatory, "coming soon" advert at the end.

Well, the end of my subscription is coming sooner, and Alpha or no, when you are draining money from your community you owe them something more than what we recieved tonight, and getting in https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7361456/#Comment_7361456

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

At this point if you don't love CIG you are on their forum or reddit. Here is the thread of CIG's lovers.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Spatial posted:

I crafted a fantastic device. It will open a portal to another world. A world of dreams...

It just needs to mounted on the top of a Christmas tree like so; the power of the pledge will do the rest. Whoa, it's shaking already!

Powering up!!

WHOA IT'S OUT OF CONTROLLLLL

*poof*

This loving owns.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

What is this poo poo?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

K am I missing something here? Didn't they have missile re-balance and flight model tweaking as task complete in the latest "schedule"?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Zzr posted:

At this point if you don't love CIG you are on their forum or reddit. Here is the thread of CIG's lovers.

i dont want to share a thread with filthy crobberlovers

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ripptide posted:

K am I missing something here? Didn't they have missile re-balance and flight model tweaking as task complete in the latest "schedule"?

this is some hackjob build (even by cig standarDs) to get people to stop unsubscribing.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Wow.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
There's always more and it's always worse.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Merry Christmas guys it was awesome.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheLightPurges posted:

Merry Christmas guys it was awesome.

Getting a chuckle based on the patch notes. So they disabled a few things so people could focus on other areas. Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I didn't read the thread today and just finished watching the livestream and I'm blown away. I'm sure everything I want to say has already been said but I've been following this poo poo-show since the Kickstarter and I sincerely think that today has been one of the worst things that has ever happened to CIG.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

I am so happy you got to have this day Derek and I really hope you get to enjoy actually being right for everyone to see as I predict for the immediate future you are going to be one :smug: S.O.B. for the immediate future. For the poo poo you have put up with over this, it is a day of days indeed.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Just caught up. Words fail me.

Shitizen salt is gonna keep my shriveled, black heart warm through the winter.

Chrismas is the best annual tradition. Shame we may never see another one.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

picture a boot, stomping a monitor in the screen, forever

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016
I made a touch sensitive nightlight for my little daughter today with an arduino uno and some LEDs. As I typed out my sketch the whole VOID { some loving function } line dawned on me. I don't know how I was so dense before, but it just made sense all of a sudden that of course we use VOID, we don't need a return from this function....anyway, I'm applying at CIG.

Edit: gonna make it big time

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

this is some hackjob build (even by cig standarDs) to get people to stop unsubscribing.

Understood, just wondered how they could be considered "task complete" in the master schedule, but "ongoing" in the patch notes.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Richie Stardust posted:

I made a touch sensitive nightlight for my little daughter today with an arduino uno and some LEDs. As I typed out my sketch the whole VOID { some loving function } line dawned on me. I don't know how I was so dense before, but it just made sense all of a sudden that of course we use VOID, we don't need a return from this function....anyway, I'm applying at CIG.

Edit: gonna make it big time

You're probably too late as it appears theyre out of money and have pulled the plug on the PU servers to make payroll

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ripptide posted:

Understood, just wondered how they could be considered "task complete" in the master schedule, but "ongoing" in the patch notes.

The internal schedule is BS. Like its just made up on the spot. Its never right and I hope to god the devs actually have a professional schedule that at least mildly adheres to reality.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a VOD of the live stream? I missed it and want to watch the trainwreck.

Also, on the subreddit I got a bunch of upvotes for saying you should get a refund. LMAO the times they are a changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot