Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I found some behind the scenes video of CIG's Holiday Stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4mVMXj9hw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

holy gently caress

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

My favorite parts were drunk as gently caress Jared and the 14th redesign of the Vandull getting Stimpire armor installed under their skin because pain don't hurt.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Spermanent Record posted:

That was beautiful. Can't wait to see you guys in the 'verse.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

HE'S BEHIND YOU!

OVER THERE!

NO, THE OTHER SIDE!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh my god, that was loving awful. It's like i'm watching a mockumentary, but it's completely real, and the higher ups really are lazy, incompetent fools

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

CIG might need to think about going back to the more nakedly exploitative tactics from the November sale.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Where is MoMA, I need someone to tell me everything will be okay

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Daztek posted:

Where is MoMA, I need someone to tell me everything will be okay

Don't worry commando, everything is okay.

Right now.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

XK posted:

that is the craziest poo poo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Did anybody get a screen grab of the views likes/dislikes before the video got taken down?

I got this one:

But i know the views were over 20,000 just a minute later with even more dislikes.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UpYsOwlGY

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wait hold on what the gently caress is this. This is a photoshop right? They didn't really make a space drill instructor with a floral print shirt and a mile long forehead did they?

Tell me one of you did this.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Is 2.6 out?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

archered probably

Uh, :same: with this too actually. This isn't their work is it? Who Michael Bay'd their naked space lizardmen?

:psyduck:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait hold on what the gently caress is this. This is a photoshop right? They didn't really make a space drill instructor with a floral print shirt and a mile long forehead did they?

You missed a great stream.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Beet Wagon posted:

if I said yes, would you believe me?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

MilesK posted:

My favorite parts were drunk as gently caress Jared and the 14th redesign of the Vandull getting Stimpire armor installed under their skin because pain don't hurt.

And you know the reason their armor is now after 14 refactorings stimpired on to their skin is because giving aliens layered armor was way too hard for them. So now its just a texture.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

archered probably

Only 3 fingers... I do hope they have opposable thumbs

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/v/107852817?t=01h05m10s

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

And you know the reason their armor is now after 14 refactorings stimpired on to their skin is because giving aliens layered armor was way too hard for them. So now its just a texture.

Yeah, also the whole logic behind them.

The stronger they get the less armor they wear. So you start all nice looking and end up Streaking.
gently caress me.

#nopain.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Awesome.

Thanks CIG for giving us new gifs and the word 'vandull'. Merry christmas everyone.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:psypop:

what the actual fuuuuuuuuck

e: at least the drill sergeant man is just a fat guy in an ill-fitting hat and not a cgi dude.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 17, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

C'mon man, don't be shy. Believe it or not this is your opportunity to gain acceptance from the goons, take the ribbing that you know is coming with grace and dignity and you'll earn a shitload of goon points. Staying away hoping things will calm down only makes you look like a coward.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

elite is ok but not beginner friendly in VR due to all the keybindings. you really need a hotas for it in order for it to feel right. I also run a g13 and condensing it is brutal.

Late post, but you could also try something like voice attack and use that for any commands that are not time critical. Landing gear, supercruise and so on. I only use a Logitech joystick for the flying, combat and menus, the rest can easily be voice controlled if you have a half decent headset and maybe 30-40 minutes to set it up once. Haven't tried VR, though

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Beet Wagon posted:

That was the good part of the stream.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DapperDon posted:

I broke him.

And I poked at the broken edges with a sharp, dirty stick.

Hey, Don? :hfive:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ash1138 posted:

that is the craziest poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMFr8fuSdrs

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
It doesn't matter if the cult dissolves at this point. The scammers have pocketed their millions already. Unless a government takes them down, will they even care if the gravy train derails?

It's nice that it's all coming to an end but I hope this story gets finale that's not just, 'And then Chris Roberts lived happily ever after.'

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Game will be cancelled, Chris will weep on screen then launch another kickstarter to salvage the lovely SQ42 footage and bring it to life in movie form, backers will give him another $10 million

Six months, tops

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Game will be cancelled, Chris will weep on screen then launch another kickstarter to salvage the lovely SQ42 footage and bring it to life in movie form, backers will give him another $10 million

Six months, tops

Stop spreading FUD. It will be the best drat SQ42 salvaged footage movie ever. $40 million.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Lime Tonics posted:

archered probably

Why is it that as soon as Crytek guys are involved everything looks the same.

Also everytime Chris Roberts stares at my wallet - all I see is John Travolta's hair cut.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Bofast posted:

Late post, but you could also try something like voice attack and use that for any commands that are not time critical. Landing gear, supercruise and so on. I only use a Logitech joystick for the flying, combat and menus, the rest can easily be voice controlled if you have a half decent headset and maybe 30-40 minutes to set it up once. Haven't tried VR, though

100% plan to do it. It just get frustrating that in a tutorial in vr and they push x key and it isnt bound under KB+M and your blind as gently caress and having to move my hands off the g13 to try and find it.
Once the refund comes through I plan to pick up maybe the worthog hotas or (t1600)for elite and dcs. Then use VA for the others. If CIG ever send me the money - mind you I still have to pay a fair chunk but what I saw in ED was pretty incredible visually. Just
everything else was a pita.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Almost through everything on the hot mic stuff... nothing amazing, just bits and pieces of technical problems.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

PU is Persistent Universe. What is PTU?
The PTU is where Star Citizens give their :10bux: for something awful.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

sorla78 posted:

Why is it that as soon as Crytek guys are involved everything looks the same.

Perhaps they will buy out Crytek for a low amount, shutter them as a studio, and just get all the assets they created for previous games and use them?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

http://www.pcgamesn.com/space-engineers/space-engineers-beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

hardycore posted:

What game would you make with 140 million, endless time, and a legion of devoted followers?

I'm thinking the ultimate nostalgia bomb Secret of Mana-esque couch-coop ARPG, or a city builder taking the best parts of SC4 and Skylines, adding a lot of cool procedural stuff, and adding the ability to start in city in pre-industrial times and build into a dazzling 21st century megapolis, with each era its own distinct, fleshed out experience.

My dream game would be tentatively called Night Mayor. You start out as just an every day bad guy, and you slowly accumulate assistants and gang members and you start working your way up the food chain, murdering, blackmailing, kidnapping and threatening your way towards eventually controlling the vast city's underworld. All the while, other players are doing the same.

Barring that, I would be happy with a 40K MMO. (I want to get down in the trenches against Necron, Tau, Chaos and more.)