Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
A curious list

Roberts Space Industries Website Rules posted:

(c) “Hit lists” of users you intend to attack in the finished game are absolutely forbidden (and generally a ridiculous concept.) The sort of “forum PVP” that exists elsewhere will not be tolerated here. Our forums exist to gather feedback, promote discussion and build the community; general forum bullying directly countermands these goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

drat but that there's some impressive stupidity

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

ripptide posted:

Some of them actually seem to be circling in on "A Big Truth" in that thread.

Yeah especially the last page. And if what they are saying is true, that cig said the demo was a vert slice, and then came back and said work stopped because the demo wasnt relevant to the game..

I think the type of desperation you see in criminals about to be pinched is going to start popping up. I doubt this specific slight of hand is going to catch up to them, but i think this project just became fraud.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thoatse posted:

Guys, guys <<USE>> is gone!!11

It's been replaced with USE

*presses USE to pay respects*

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Wow that's really, really creepy.

Nice community you've created there, Ben.

I need something to cheer me up after this bad news and paedos.

Ah, unlike some people, YOU never fail me, Captain B'tak. :allears:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
The hilarity is not intentional . Believe us

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EightAce posted:

Star Citizen: The hilarity is not intentional

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iwojq/so_much_for_discrete_packaging_wife_is_now/

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

EightAce posted:

rest assured i think this level of crazy wild incompetence comes naturally to certain parties at cig.

whats the mood on the factory floor? how can people keep working there!? it boggles the mind

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ha ha this is just like buying a sneaky coffee sometimes in the morning and not telling ur wife about it! ha ha. except the coffee is a couple thousand bucks and you never get it

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Guys I think we're getting to the point where we have more reddit posts in this thread than exist on reddit itself

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

true basics

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thirsty Dog posted:

Guys I think we're getting to the point where we have more reddit posts in this thread than exist on reddit itself

Its The Great Salt Harvest Season. Why else?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

MoMa..did you do that?

e: fake :(

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Oh, this may be one of the saddest things I've ever seen. I hope it's a jape.

Finding out your spouse spent thousands of important savings on some space ship pictures is as much grounds for divorce as "irrevocable differences".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

I found some behind the scenes video of CIG's Holiday Stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4mVMXj9hw

Whoa! That is a nightmare situation. :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

XK posted:

Oh, this may be one of the saddest things I've ever seen. I hope it's a jape.

Finding out your spouse spent thousands of important savings on some space ship pictures is as much grounds for divorce as "irrevocable differences".

So they mail you something when you buy a big ship now?

Is this so they can say you genuinely spent $1000 on jpegs that you've actually received so you can't have a refund?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

Someone show MoMA his score card yet?

MoMA predictions:

MoMA prediction scores:

1. not a valid prediction. we already knew this
  2. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  3. fail
  4. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  5. fail

dsmart prediction:

dsmart prediction scores:

1. croberts will recite, then write a cringe-worthy missive asking for money, making excuses, making new promises for 2017 CALLED IT! // see latest newsletter
  2. 2.6 will be delayed; and if they are smart, pushed into 2017. the schedule will be updated to reflect this CALLED IT!
  3. they will play 2.6 Star Marine on local LAN because doing it across the internet - the environment it was designed for - is shite it was 8v8 (the max before CE3 falls over) over the Internet. so much for 12v12
  4. no meaningful SQ42 reveal - of any kind CALLED IT!
  5. no meaningful 3.0 reveal - of any kind CALLED IT!

He called everything@!

Its the ELE

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
"With Star Marine being a total success on the PTU with 2.6, and the release of the Caterpillar and other ships that are being offered in the holiday sale i cant begin to explain my jubilant mindset. CIG has delivered once again. CIG thank you for doing the crunch and getting this out playable!

For anyone who doesn't know all subscribers got access to 2.6. If you haven't already i would pay the minor $10.00 fee and subscribe and get in star marine. It's flawless. The craftsmanship and polish that CIG have displayed in 2.6 and star marine is amazing. The flight controllers now feel enjoyable, and you can really see where this game is going! This patch alone should bring in a huge revenue for CIG. I know for me, after playing Star Marine and Arena Commander with 2.6 flight model, i immediately went out and bought a few new ships!
I am now the proud owner of a Caterpillar and Misc Razer.

CIG, I have one wish.

Please start selling concept sales for Star Marine, and other FPS gear."
:yarg:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/362144/state-of-the-game-2-6-and-holiday-sales-job-well-done-cig

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Odd that they compare the game to Minecraft. A game which has a low purchase price, low priced cosmetic DLS, easy mod-ability, and is accessible (opposite of SC) . Minecraft took a long time to develop as well, but it also happened to make billions, exactly what RSI/CIG is shooting for. Also, Minecraft possesses a level of ingenuity, creativity and vision that Roberts sorely lacks. Minecraft seems the worst possible comparison to make in an argument about SC because it accomplishes so much of what SC (Or the crobbler) can't.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ewe2 posted:

Holy poo poo, that can't just be goons listening :wth:

One can only hope Star Citizen releases with the ability to broadcast your own music. I would blast all of your songs at every port.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Also, someone *please* tell me that "MISC" and "RSI" are like placeholder names until they flesh out the lore?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Also, someone *please* tell me that "MISC" and "RSI" are like placeholder names until they flesh out the lore?

Chris Roberts, CEO of Cloud Imperium Games, literally called the website for his games, Star Citizen and SQ42, robertsspaceindustries.com. Hes a giant tool.

RSI= Roberts Space Industries. And its like the Mary Sue of spaceship companies where they have all the cool poo poo.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:prepop:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wow. People on the inside sending messages.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
I wonder is she also can't cook and eats deli meat while pregnant.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

The Titanic posted:

Tijuana you have to own her too its only fair after the roasting I got

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Titanic posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/18235dq8cydhur/store_slideshow_small_zoom/The_Titanic_has_hit_an_iceberg.jpg

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

IncredibleIgloo posted:

MISC stands for Musashi Industrial Starship Concern, or something else like that because gently caress this stupid lore. It's not a placeholder.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

The Titanic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDAcbxz0fuQ

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Is it me, or does the lead singer of ELO look a bit like Lowtax?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

MISC stands for Musashi Industrial Starship Concern, or something else like that because gently caress this stupid lore. It's not a placeholder.

IIRC I linked it to something incredibly racist, but that was some time ago and my brain can barely retain information it received in the past week

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

IIRC I linked it to something incredibly racist, but that was some time ago and my brain can barely retain information it received in the past week

So what you're saying is that it was Ben's idea?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey guys, reminder that i got doxxed by the chillotopia that is the star citizen megathread because i pointed out its not normal to spend months carefully and obsessively following people online to laugh at their family, posting graphs because the number is funnier than the other numvber or doxxing people, which has happened before in this thread by an ex mod. I hope you all realize how insane this is.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Btw over 400 posts on a friday night all about the bad spacegame and how to kill the people making it. Good going.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys, reminder that i got doxxed by the chillotopia that is the star citizen megathread because i pointed out its not normal to spend months carefully and obsessively following people online to laugh at their family, posting graphs because the number is funnier than the other numvber or doxxing people, which has happened before in this thread by an ex mod. I hope you all realize how insane this is.

call your parents

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Xaerael posted:

Is it me, or does the lead singer of ELO look a bit like Lowtax?

Can confirm--I thought it was Lowtax until I clicked on it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

anyone got some funny graphs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ArfJason posted:

Btw over 400 posts on a friday night all about the bad spacegame and how to kill the people making it. Good going.

We think if we send ben enough donuts he will collapse into a neutron star annilating the entire LA office.