Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
an example of what I'm talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUGxLjhAKcQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's neat to see Al Jazeera Arabic seep into Al Jazeera English like an elder god piercing the membrane of reality.

In her house at R'lyeh dead Hillary waits dreaming

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

so you know how each news source is, like, targeted at a certain partisan viewpoint or whatever these days?

imagine a world where you have exactly the same news source, but instead, you just install a program to 'transform' that news into whatever viewpoint you have

so you install the iLiberal app, and your news is now daily kos themed

or you install the ConservaCrush app, and your news is now fox news themed

i feel like that's the logical endpoint of this

yes that is the logical endpoint but the Donald Trump Is Lying And Here Is Why app is still fun

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
So what you're trying to say here is that Humanity is totally loving doomed

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

yes that is the logical endpoint but the Donald Trump Is Lying And Here Is Why app is still fun
oh i've no doubt about that, that's part of what's worrying me, not so much because i dont' think trump should be corrected (he should), but of where it leads

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Americans really blew it this year.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

oh i've no doubt about that, that's part of what's worrying me, not so much because i dont' think trump should be corrected (he should), but of where it leads

i mean we're already there considering most voters seem to get their news entirely from twitter headlines

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Propaganda2u, the app that cuts out the middle man

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's neat to see Al Jazeera Arabic seep into Al Jazeera English like an elder god piercing the membrane of reality.

It's the only outlet that covers Israel's crazy poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
There's going to be a mailing list that sends out poo poo directly from trump isn't there

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i've also come to the conclusion that only the new & exciting culture that's developed on c-spam, or another c-spam-like culture, can effectively deal with this new environment

only when nothing matters, can you see the truth

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

There's going to be a mailing list that sends out poo poo directly from trump isn't there

you forgot the mailing list that sends you HATER UPDATES if you're not on the first mailing list

joining the first list will not exclude you from the second

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dear Hater
I can't help but notice that you were the 26,112th person to join the DONALD J TRUMP VICTORY MAILING LIST, if you'll answer this simple survey we can work out what took you so long

1) Why do you hate America?

2) Why do you hate our troops?

3) Did you delay because you were intimidated by or in awe of President Donald J Trump's very large hands?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

logikv9 posted:

I donated $50 to a local Republican in a statehouse race in 2008 and I've spent my whole summer unsubcribing from Trump emails.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

logikv9 posted:

Yeah but there'll be a Trump Black mailing list that has more important poo poo for only several thousand dollars a year.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Thoguh posted:

I donated $50 to a local Republican in a statehouse race in 2008 and I've spent my whole summer unsubcribing from Trump emails.

I've never donated to a republican and keep getting emails from CONGRESSMAN MICK MULVANEY which is extremely lol because I've never even been to his district or even his state

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rastor posted:

What's everyone's take on Vice News?

#1 source for donkey fuckin vids

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Rastor posted:

What's everyone's take on Vice News?

[quote="I.N.R.I." post=""""]
vice: were here in columbia and theyre growing big amounts of weed in this vast field behind us to sell for money. the smell is extremely potent. first off we are going to see see if we can get a sample to analyse back at the hotel to see if its as good as the weed from the episode we shot in south africa. miguel luis herrera lopez is our guide to this extremely lucrative business. he helps harvest the weed but insists he has never smoked it before

colombian: no smoke

vice: its so dank here. surely you get to smoke this very good weed for free every day

colombian: the soldiers say if we dip into the product that we are to have both our ears taken off

vice: admit it.. you sometimes secretly take a small part off of one of the weed plants and you smoke it. Haha you must do that due to the fact that this weed is so potent

colombian: is no possible. they know my sons jorge and rafael. they will cover them in tar and burn them

vice: but this pot is so high grade and dank. theres no chance of a sample?

colombian: is all to go to usa through mexico and to uk by europe through france tunnel

vice: haha fuuuuuck… poo poo haha. just kidding ahah. well viewers watch us next time as we attempt to get weed for free in mozambique
[/quote]

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I donated $100 to Democrat that same year for a different race and I've never gotten a single contact about it other than the person running thanking me since he was a friend of mine.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Thoguh posted:

I donated $100 to Democrat that same year for a different race and I've never gotten a single contact about it other than the person running thanking me since he was a friend of mine.

Uh yeah you gotta donate the max donation a couple times over before you even start reaching the tote bag reward level

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

did he win?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I want to put every Hillaryman on a big rocket to mars

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

freckle posted:

did he win?

No. :smith: which was to bad because I think he would have done an amazing job.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Here's what happened: Across Age Groups, Whites Fared Worse in Employment Rates

quote:

While Hispanics, African-Americans and Asian-Americans have millions more jobs now than they did at the labor market's high-water mark in November 2007, before the economy turned into recession, whites actually lost 700,000 more jobs than they gained.

The only demographic of white people who are more likely to have a job since the recession? Those over the age of 65.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Nonsense posted:

I want to put every Hillaryman on a big rocket to mars

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/02/11/stop-sending-around-this-photo-of-bernie-sanders/?utm_term=.7733591a4932

Hello Goat.se my old friend.

Oh sorry was just talking about the content. Not a literally link to goat.se Safe for Work

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/02/11/stop-sending-around-this-photo-of-bernie-sanders/?utm_term=.7733591a4932

Oh sorry was just talking about the content. Not a literally link to goat.se Safe for Work

Hey, finally a fact check that'll make the goddamn news.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
.... But what'll trump tweet about that fact check? We'll ask a panel of citizen experts after this break

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Missing context: Actually unless you are maintaining the fantasy that Republicans will impeach their own President, he can do whatever the gently caress he wants for at least the next four years..

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 07:17 on Dec 18, 2016

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

lol remember when they marched Lewis up on stage to insinuate Sanders actually wasnt involved in the Civil Rights movement at all. :wtc:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Homeless Friend posted:

lol remember when they marched Lewis up on stage to insinuate Sanders actually wasnt involved in the Civil Rights movement at all. :wtc:

I remember. In fact, by total random luck, it was the same day that article was published that he spontaneously recalled that. One might think this was a coordinated smear from an opposing political campaign leveraging lies and fake news, if one was a racist Berniebro who hates civil rights leaders and black WaPo writers.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Kingfish posted:

Here's what happened: Across Age Groups, Whites Fared Worse in Employment Rates

The only demographic of white people who are more likely to have a job since the recession? Those over the age of 65.

Interesting.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Wealth has been going from workers to the very top for at least the last forty years. At some point you have to think maybe the Democrats just aren't capable of scoring victories for working people. Or maybe they don't actually want to.

Time to join the Communists.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I remember. In fact, by total random luck, it was the same day that article was published that he spontaneously recalled that. One might think this was a coordinated smear from an opposing political campaign leveraging lies and fake news, if one was a racist Berniebro who hates civil rights leaders and black WaPo writers.

I still can't believe Bruce Rappaport lost to Hillary :(

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

platzapS posted:

Wealth has been going from workers to the very top for at least the last forty years. At some point you have to think maybe the Democrats just aren't capable of scoring victories for working people. Or maybe they don't actually want to.

Time to join the Communists.

That's pretty much how most of the social programs in this country came about.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Just loving lol that this is still a probation trigger

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Like in a thread that is just dozens upon dozens of bad posts, "primary salt" still is the unforgivable sin

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
its just that it never goes anywhere interesting...

on the other hand republican primary salt is hilarious and facinating

dems just don't have a great bench republicans have a cast of characters

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Baloogan posted:

its just that it never goes anywhere interesting...

on the other hand republican primary salt is hilarious and facinating

dems just don't have a great bench republicans have a cast of characters

Doesnt it seem relevant when we are about to have another primary type contest to note the tactics used in the most recent contest of a similar type?

It's just so goofy. There are tons of other topics that could be banned if the primary goal were to curtail "uninteresting" discussion but it seems more like it was a fun thing to do during the election and now we are continuing the tradition because reasons

Hail Mr. Satan! has issued a correction as of 12:40 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Doesnt it seem relevant when we are about to have another primary type contest to note the tactics used in the most recent contest of a similar type?

It's just so goofy

help help im being oppressed

• Locked thread