Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

mandatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enot
Feb 18, 2016

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys, constantly taking screenshots of the people you dislike and watching every single second of hours long livestreams of the game you hate to be able to land the perfect burn about some guys dinner is immensely hosed up. I mean its no surprise it happened in the friday night doxx e-stalking station (and all of this over a videogame), but come on.
Please, stop stalking people online 24/7, doxxing people, sending them death threats, masturbating to spaceships, loling about graphs all friday night. Please, for youre sake. I want the best for you all.

I think am past step one, admitting that I have a problem, but trusting myself into the Lord's care is kind of a big step for me.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

of course they've latched onto this. anything but this world

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mirificus posted:

Notably, Tarkaroshe is a Massively OP Kickstarter and Patreon backer and Lethality is a big supporter of both Star Citizen and WildStar.

harbinger locusts

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ArfJason posted:

A) Im not fyad
B) yeah im sure to get boundless fame for trying to better the people in the star citizen mock doxx zone thread in somethingawful
C) this isnt a laughing matter. I got doxxed and sent death threats, and you people had your ex mod doxx people and you all encouraged him. Somehow hes still allowed to post while i get probated for calling you all out on how obsessive and creepy it is to spend months tracking peoples post histories on reddit and remembering their names off of sheer routine.
Please stop doxxing, sending death threats, jacking off to space ships drawn as humans (seriously?), and stalking people online.

I never doxxed, toxxed , or death threatened you good FYAD friend. I find your posting to be quite on par with most citizens. I think you are a true believer in the faith of Chris Bobberts Scam Shitizens. I'm going to.. pump, you! Up! Or something.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

A purple battleish ready katana.
Jesus wept.

Please, someone tell me that's a troll.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Star Citizen: A parrarel universe

Enot
Feb 18, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Agreed.. salient points

And btw, I did visit with my Dad 1500 miles away, and it was not fun.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

A purple battleish ready katana.
Jesus wept.

Please, someone tell me that's a troll.

He's only a few Skittles short of a full arsenal.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:gizz:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Jesus Christ you guys are easier to troll than redditors.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
we are but simple folk

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

When the guy that refunded and then bought back in for thousands of dollars a second time, leading to a second refund says you guys are being stupid it's time to listen.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I called my parents last night from an anonymous number and made a number of death threats.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I called FYAD last night and they doxxed me because I love beanie babies.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
I'm not going to say who I doxxed but please stop shelving beanie babies in your crapper.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Then how could SQ42 ever be close to finished when they haven't even got the AI working you loving idiot?

They are catching up to the fact that even "The Road to Citizencon" was completely staged bullshit, Squadron 42 was never on the table. As I said in my July blog.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 18, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fat Shat Sings posted:

When the guy that refunded and then bought back in for thousands of dollars a second time, leading to a second refund says you guys are being stupid it's time to listen.

:sbahj:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sappo569 posted:

No see CIG figured it would be a good idea to poke fun at themselves , make some jokes get some laughs

Something other teams might do after they actually release a product

That's not even half of it. Whenever other teams do that, they tend to actually make fun of themselves, often referencing something silly they've done or some fan theory that took a life on its own — you know that guy who accidentally turned the server off, so obviously he's a plant from a competitor, let's make a funny clip where that's actually true.

But not CIG. Remember what this movie is: it's padding to hype up a demo run by two offices to show off a game addition that should have been out a year and a half ago. Yes, they're making fun of themselves, but why is it even in there? What purpose does it serve in the actual stream? It's not a gag — it's an over-long intro for an excuse segment.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

MeLKoR posted:

Then how could SQ42 ever be close to finished when they haven't even got the AI working you loving idiot?

They are catching up to the fact that even "The Road to Citizencon" was completely staged bullshit, Squadron 42 was never on the table. As I said in my July blog.

link to thread?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sarsapariller posted:

Fat Shat Sings posted:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

:grin: its so easy

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

link to thread?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361842/remember-that-vertical-slice-of-sq42-they-were-going-to-show-at-citizencon

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

:smuggo:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So I think the space bus was one of the lowest recorded sales periods for CIG ?

How does this latest stream sale stack up in comparison?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Thanks

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Take your time do it right make whatever cuts or slices you need Cig.

Full support here. I have all the proof I need that this game is going to be awesome. I don't need some Vertical spoof as proof that progress is being made. In fact Redact everything about squadron 42 and just tell me when it's done. Because I know that everything Cig is doing is in the games best interest.

I know they want to deliver.

I don't want any spoils I want to play it with clean and fresh eyes.

/shields up
/disclaimer This is MY opinion. Not yours. That means it doesn't affect you. Because someone is always on the offensive, and because the forums are practically toxic right now.

/cheers fellow star warriors. And see you in 2.6.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Did cig really delete the stream recording and the promo? Bold move if so.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Sickening posted:

Yeah, but then they released 2.6 on the PTU for subscribers only and all was well in Shitizen lalaland.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

It just amazes me that they're still being handed nearly $200k a day, even after the shitshow that was the holiday stream.

Though I suppose..
a. They were probably hoping the launch of 2.6 and SM would be bringing in more like 5x that.
and
b. You would suspect that their ridiculous fuckups may have pushed a few more people over the edge to...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Sickening posted:

Don't worry they still haven't figured out how to delete the one on Twitch.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

DancingShade posted:

Doesn't flopping require a thing to be released in 2017? Something doesn't add up.
Maybe it's all part of their master plan to ensure that Star Citizen will be the most award-winning game of all time. Every year that goes by with more hype/money poured into this and with even less to show for it, they'll win another "Biggest Flop" or "Most Disappointing Game" award! CIG will have to buy a new Restoration Hardware shelf to hold all of them!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Wrecked Angle posted:

It just amazes me that they're still being handed nearly $200k a day, even after the shitshow that was the holiday stream.

Though I suppose..
a. They were probably hoping the launch of 2.6 and SM would be bringing in more like 5x that.
and
b. You would suspect that their ridiculous fuckups may have pushed a few more people over the edge to...

Remember their graphs don't show refunds, judging from the comments during and after the latest live stream, they lost a fair few whales

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Sappo569 posted:

Remember their graphs don't show refunds, judging from the comments during and after the latest live stream, they lost a fair few whales

Considering how many people joined here and didn't refund for a year or so its probably safe to assume a lot of those are empty threats.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DogonCrook posted:

Considering how many people joined here and didn't refund for a year or so its probably safe to assume a lot of those are empty threats.

That reminds me, Beer did you get fully refunded?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tippis posted:

I think you may have overdone it on the battery and oxygen storage… :D

I'm scared okay :ohdear:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm scared okay :ohdear:

Tethers are good for you. Also, rovers.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Blue on blue incident. Remember that we're here to destroy cig, not the tatters of our own dignity.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Yeah, but then they released 2.6 on the PTU for subscribers only and all was well in Shitizen lalaland.

Or their community people have been working overtime over the weekend. It's not like they've produced much in the way of actual content.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

CIG pushed out a patch on Sunday afternoon.
Not only did Chris cancel an early Christmas, but also the weekend.

quote:

Star Citizen Patch 2.6.0j Patch Notes

Updates:
- Added Player Animations to the Caterpillar’s pilot seat.
- Optimized a number of ships to fix Cockpit LODs and removed duplicate Physics Proxies.
- Increased Thruster HP to avoid easily losing the ability to Afterburn, Boost, and Maneuver.
- Adjusted Missile Timeouts and Lock Loss delays.
- Adjusted Freelancer Radar Globe position to not obstruct the player’s view.
- Adjusted Afterburner speeds.
- Added additional logging info to track down and squish Error Code 30008 Disconnect bugs.
- Added map location callouts for Echo 11.

Fixes:
- Fixed an issue allowing the use of Grenades in Green Zones.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from hearing FPS Weapon Sounds.
- Fixed an issue causing the Avenger Warlock’s EMP charge level to display for everyone.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the player returning to the hangar after choosing a different location.
- Fixed an issue causing Item Port interaction points to disappear.
- Fixed an issue causing the spectator camera to snap.
- Fixed an issue causing players to T-Pose while idle.
- Fixed an issue causing performance degradation due to physics related to destroyed ships and debris.

Fixed a number of issues with the new Front End UI:
- Port Category lists should no longer become out of sync.
- Port markers now properly deselect when focus is lost.
- Port Items now honor currently applied filters after being updated.
- Adjusted focus interpolation speeds.
- Made many visual tweaks.
- Fixed a number of client and server crashes.

At least Crusader is open again.

Chunks of the patch are missing, and 2.6 PTU somehow broke 2.5. Spending the weekend on a patch that only addresses minor issues must be demoralising. They have only just introduced additional logging to track down their biggest bug, so I don't have much faith that they will get it done by Christmas. They will likely have to push 2.6 to live, even if it is broken. Otherwise players will be stuck over the holidays with a 2.5 that doesn't even let them spawn ships.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I hope people go back and re-watch the "FULL SANDBOX OPEN UNIVERSE" demo from Citizencon 2016 and see how badly they're being conned. I thought anybody could see it wasn't gameplay- but now it should be apparent even to the backers. Shooting the sandworm and being all "eeeeeerrr, probably not a great idea"- he's shooting through the worm without it registering whatsoever! The worm's 'reaction' is scripted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0&t=6882s
I love the starcitizen_homestead thing clipping in and out of existence and the immediate transition back into the prerecorded pull-away shot. "That's the first time that's ever done that" People aren't sure if to applaud because that's not an ending of any kind. But if that wasn't a giant red flag for people I don't know what else could help them wise up. That was until the livestream the other day.

e: taxxe

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 19, 2016