Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Tiptoes posted:

I had the same Gore/Farrow decision to make in PPR and I'm going with Farrow. Farrow's pass protection isn't good enough at this point but Ronnie Hillman suuuuuuuuucks. I still think Farrow will get plenty of dumpoffs whereas I hate hate HATE Gore's matchup this week.

I also have Fat Rob in my flex which should complicate things, but I like his matchup slightly more than Gore's and I like having a Monday night guy so I buy and extra 24 hours of pulling my hair out.

I could start SSS/Boyd/Boldin in that flex but I don't think they're a higher floor play than Kelley.

I really wish Gore were playing in the second set of games so I could see how my team is doing and then decide if it's worth rolling the dice on Farrow

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

I'm starting Mariota in both my playoff matchups. I'm very ascared.

Don't like this for you.

Against KC, AT KC, with frigid temps, yyeeaaah low-scoring affair with high chance of turnovers.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Isn't the KC In December magic still alive and well? I wouldn't want to start any QB there in the playoffs with the possible exception of Rodgers

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Vargo posted:

Is anyone concerned about weather conditions at the Packers/Bears game? Not concerned enough to sit Rodgers, but possibly considering benching Jordy for a different WR with a good weather-free matchup.

I'm rolling out Jordy and Davante, so I'm hoping it doesn't turn into some dumb 10-3 game.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
How in the world is there a chance that I'm going to ride Tyreek Hill and Bilal Powell's nuts to the championship.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gorman Thomas posted:

How in the world is there a chance that I'm going to ride Tyreek Hill and Bilal Powell's nuts to the championship.

Sup Powell and Reek buddy, let's let them carry both of us to the finals.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Don't like this for you.

Against KC, AT KC, with frigid temps, yyeeaaah low-scoring affair with high chance of turnovers.

Yeah it's backfiring big time

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

VietCampo posted:

Sup Powell and Reek buddy, let's let them carry both of us to the finals.

I am also attending this most hilarious of parties.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Mikey Purp posted:

Getting in on this action as well.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Totally cockblocked everybody in the playoffs by picking up Ty Montgomery this week.

I missed playoffs last week.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mikey Purp posted:

:hfive:
:toot:

Benched Alshon Jeffery but it doesn't look like it's going to cost me a win

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I was going to keep DMurray for next year (5th rounder) but he keeps getting sniped by Henry at the goal line. :mad:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Last second Sit/Start question - I have Tyrell Williams in right now. Sit him for either DJAX or Crowder? Got 5 minutes to answer! :)

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Just locked in a win against my semifinals opponent in my PPR work league, and the first place seed is busy getting eliminated in a landslide by a team with half of my score right now.

There's a distinct possibility that I'm going to win it all after making it into the playoffs on point totals with a 5-8 record :wtc:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress you Rodgers but there's still hope maybe

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh thank you based Johnson.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
David Johnson giving me hope. In spite of everyone else I STILL HAVE loving HOPE WHAT IS THIS HORRIBLE FEELING.

Okay spergs, I need your help. I'm down 10 points with Dez Bryant and a QB to go against Jameis Winston and Dustin Hopkins (gently caress KICKERS). Do I keep Cam Newton there, or do I swap him for Dak in the hopes that both Winston and Bryant go off?

Reason for Cam: Redskins are 25th against QBs and allowed one of the highest average fantasy point totals to QB from Weeks 9 to 13 (Week 14 was against Wentz), various "experts" have him ranked higher, means I don't have to root for a Cowboy, TB has something to play for and has been incredibly stingy recently, who the gently caress knows if the rookie is finally hitting a wall.

Reasons for Dak: Cam is hurt, Cam has no pass protection, Redskins are playing for something, Dallas is playing for something, Panthers have no reason to care, I already need Dez to do well, means I don't have to root against Washington on Monday, I can end my misery earlier, Dak is playing to stay a starter.

gently caress. Help?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

David Johnson giving me hope. In spite of everyone else I STILL HAVE loving HOPE WHAT IS THIS HORRIBLE FEELING.

Okay spergs, I need your help. I'm down 10 points with Dez Bryant and a QB to go against Jameis Winston and Dustin Hopkins (gently caress KICKERS). Do I keep Cam Newton there, or do I swap him for Dak in the hopes that both Winston and Bryant go off?

Reason for Cam: Redskins are 25th against QBs and allowed one of the highest average fantasy point totals to QB from Weeks 9 to 13 (Week 14 was against Wentz), various "experts" have him ranked higher, means I don't have to root for a Cowboy, TB has something to play for and has been incredibly stingy recently, who the gently caress knows if the rookie is finally hitting a wall.

Reasons for Dak: Cam is hurt, Cam has no pass protection, Redskins are playing for something, Dallas is playing for something, Panthers have no reason to care, I already need Dez to do well, means I don't have to root against Washington on Monday, I can end my misery earlier, Dak is playing to stay a starter.

gently caress. Help?

Just know that whatever option you pick, it will be the wrong one. :v:

Who are you replacing Can with? Jameis?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Just know that whatever option you pick, it will be the wrong one. :v:

Who are you replacing Can with? Jameis?

I'm facing Jameis. I would be replacing Cam with Dak. Now I'm down 13 points.

So basically it's Dez + ??? > Jameis + Hopkins + 13 where ??? is either Cam Newton or Dak Prescott.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Well Freeman did his best to screw me, currently up 36 with my Evans vs. his Cousins, Garcon, Reed, and Crowder. Not feeling terribly confident. Of course if I was in the other side of the bracket I would be cruising to a 50 point win.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Well Freeman did his best to screw me, currently up 36 with my Evans vs. his Cousins, Garcon, Reed, and Crowder. Not feeling terribly confident. Of course if I was in the other side of the bracket I would be cruising to a 50 point win.

Good luck to your opponent and every other fellow Redskins fan then!

I have Cousins, Crowder, and Kelley left vs. Cam and Garçon while down by 58 points so welp. Gonna have to be happy with just a 'skins win hopefully.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Made the finals because my opponent sat Brees and Cooks. :dance:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Murmur Twin posted:

Made the finals because my opponent sat Brees and Cooks. :dance:

:stare:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm facing Jameis. I would be replacing Cam with Dak. Now I'm down 13 points.

So basically it's Dez + ??? > Jameis + Hopkins + 13 where ??? is either Cam Newton or Dak Prescott.

Eh, there's no right answer. Dak is only averaging like a point more per game on the year, but was super consistent for most of the season, never going below ~17.5 points in normal 4 pt passing TD scoring from week 2 to week 12. During that same period, Dak had a higher ceiling and higher floor than Cam, as Cam oscillated between low to mid teens and mid 20s and Dak was high teens to high 20s. Dak's disappointed recently, but one of those was against Minnesota and the other against NYG who are quietly like 31st stingiest in points against for QBs.

I'd probably go Dak but have not paid attention to Cam except to see that he's fallen off a ton from last year, so can make no better endorsement than "Dak because of what I'm seeing in boxscores."

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I'm up 12. Its his Beasley vs my DJax and Fat Rob.

Somehow I know I'm gonna lose

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I would've sat Brees if I had him anywhere. 0 TD and 6 interceptions in the previous two, going up against a tough AZ defense on the road, when Brees away from the superdome is always dogshit anyway.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So, there it is... I won the consolation bracket semifinal, ironically by choosing to start Kaepernick over Brady even though I got burned. I win at least one box of beer.

Why is this one of the most significant moments in my life? Because I was knocked out of playoff contention at the 11th hour by Dwayne Allen. I then had a grand mal seizure in shitposting form. But, had I qualified for the playoffs I would have been knocked out the first round... no prize. Because I missed the playoffs, I got into the consolation bracket and won a prize. Dwayne Allen's unrepeatable game of a lifetime actually helped me.

Now, I am switching my worldview to stubborn optimism. Every time something bad happens, I will think "well I thought that Dwayne Allen nonsense was the worst thing ever, but it turned out to be good. Maybe this will too."

That said, I think it's only appropriate I walk back a few things I said when i was in my Dark Dwayne Allen hour:

Dear Colin Kaepernick:
I regret stating that your black lives matter campaign meant you must tank during white-outs

Dear Spoeank:
I apologize for stating that starting Kaepernick over Brady that one week, based on floor, was not foolhardy. Now I see that the only time I should start him is when he's playing a bottom 5 defense and Tom Brady is playing literally the best pass defense

Dear New York Jets:
You did not deserve 9/11 merely for failing to stop Dwayne Allen from scoring such a... ridiculous amount of touchdowns... that I am now only beginning to regain continence

Dead God:
I will not be devoting my life to charity simply so I can get into Heaven and "face gently caress" you "in the rear end in a top hat."

Dear this Gay Earth:
It is with deepest remorse that I walk back my wish for every atom of every living organism to get hosed. I will abandon my efforts to salt every farmable acre on this planet with my ever gushing tears

Finally,
Dear Everyone,
I no longer wish for your collective genitals to break out in mystery sores and pus

I hope we can put all this behind us. There is a God, and existence is bliss

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 19, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

Eh, there's no right answer. Dak is only averaging like a point more per game on the year, but was super consistent for most of the season, never going below ~17.5 points in normal 4 pt passing TD scoring from week 2 to week 12. During that same period, Dak had a higher ceiling and higher floor than Cam, as Cam oscillated between low to mid teens and mid 20s and Dak was high teens to high 20s. Dak's disappointed recently, but one of those was against Minnesota and the other against NYG who are quietly like 31st stingiest in points against for QBs.

I'd probably go Dak but have not paid attention to Cam except to see that he's fallen off a ton from last year, so can make no better endorsement than "Dak because of what I'm seeing in boxscores."

Cam's fallen off for a huge number of reasons including injuries, being a constant target, and having no pass protection to speak of. The real question is where does TB lie in terms of defenses. They're turning into a surprisingly stingy opponent.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cam's fallen off for a huge number of reasons including injuries, being a constant target, and having no pass protection to speak of. The real question is where does TB lie in terms of defenses. They're turning into a surprisingly stingy opponent.

Not accounting for TB's recent improvement, but on the year I think PHI, PIT, and BAL are all comparable or stingier to QBs, and he put up ~27, 19, and 25 against them (then his 11 and 7 against MIN and NYG, of course). I dunno, again I'd say if you're feeling Cam, go for it, because there isn't an unambiguous answer. But I'm Team Dak.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

Not accounting for TB's recent improvement, but on the year I think PHI, PIT, and BAL are all comparable or stingier to QBs, and he put up ~27, 19, and 25 against them (then his 11 and 7 against MIN and NYG, of course). I dunno, again I'd say if you're feeling Cam, go for it, because there isn't an unambiguous answer. But I'm Team Dak.

I'm definitely not Team Cam, and frankly I'm feeling just the opposite. But then again I thought starting Eifert over Reed would make sense given Eifert's floor and well... yeah.

I think the honest answer is that if I'm going to win this week, I'll need Dez to do well. The only way that happens is if Dak does well too. So gently caress it, let's do this.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress. Help?

As a man going to the championship for the 2nd year in a row and having a championship caliber team lead by Kenneth Farrow and Rob Kelley, I recommend going Cam.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think the honest answer is that if I'm going to win this week, I'll need Dez to do well. The only way that happens is if Dak does well too. So gently caress it, let's do this.

:hfive: ride that covariance

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I need Hopkins to score less than 25, and for the Tampa Bay D to score 10 or less. IF so, then I'm in the Super Bowl in two leagues.

Please, no kicker or D tomfoolery this week. I already got screwed by Atlanta's D last week. :argh:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Drunk Nerds posted:

So, there it is... I won the consolation bracket semifinal, ironically by choosing to start Kaepernick over Brady even though I got burned. I win at least one box of beer.

Why is this one of the most significant moments in my life? Because I was knocked out of playoff contention at the 11th hour by Dwayne Allen. I then had a grand mal seizure in shitposting form. But, had I qualified for the playoffs I would have been knocked out the first round... no prize. Because I missed the playoffs, I got into the consolation bracket and won a prize. Dwayne Allen's unrepeatable game of a lifetime actually helped me.

Now, I am switching my worldview to stubborn optimism. Every time something bad happens, I will think "well I thought that Dwayne Allen nonsense was the worst thing ever, but it turned out to be good. Maybe this will too."

That said, I think it's only appropriate I walk back a few things I said when i was in my Dark Dwayne Allen hour:

Dear Colin Kaepernick:
I regret stating that your black lives matter campaign meant you must tank during white-outs

Dear Spoeank:
I apologize for stating that starting Kaepernick over Brady that one week, based on floor, was not foolhardy. Now I see that the only time I should start him is when he's playing a bottom 5 defense and Tom Brady is playing literally the best pass defense

Dear New York Jets:
You did not deserve 9/11 merely for failing to stop Dwayne Allen from scoring such a... ridiculous amount of touchdowns... that I am now only beginning to regain continence

Dead God:
I will not be devoting my life to charity simply so I can get into Heaven and "face gently caress" you "in the rear end in a top hat."

Dear this Gay Earth:
It is with deepest remorse that I walk back my wish for every atom of every living organism to get hosed. I will abandon my efforts to salt every farmable acre on this planet with my ever gushing tears

Finally,
Dear Everyone,
I no longer wish for your collective genitals to break out in mystery sores and pus

I hope we can put all this behind us. There is a God, and existence is bliss

:hfive:

It's alright man. We've all said crazy thinks.

I said to draft Torrey Smith, for example.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
It's 11:00 AM. I wake up in a daze leftover from the Christmas party I was at last night. It's Sunday, game day, Fantasy Playoff Week 2. I've been putting off figuring out who replaces Julio Jones in my lineup this week, but I've got my drat priorities in order so you're drat sure I'm going to figure that out before I worry about frivolities like breakfast. 11:30 AM. I sit down in front of my computer. I've got four options for my Flex without Julio. Who's it going to be? I'm undecided. What's the weather like in Chicago? What's the weather like in New York? What's the weather like in Washington? 11:45 AM. Which defenses have been trending down and which have been trending up? Which guy has the highest floor? Do the rest of my matchups mean I should go for the highest ceiling? 12:00 PM. I need to make a decision. All the variables are measured. Carolina's defense is trash. I'm going with Rob Kelley. It's settled. I walk away from the computer feeling good. Decision made. Final answer. I've got this.

It's 12:45. I'm driving to meet my brother (who I'm matched up against in the playoffs this week), and I am having SERIOUS regrets. Second thoughts. Third thoughts. Washington's going to pass too much. Carolina's offense will finally get back on track. Game flow is going to work against Kelley. I've made a terrible choice. It's 12:56. I fumble for my phone in my jeans. I'm wearing big heavy wool gloves, and I can't type in my phone password. 12:57. The Yahoo app is taking forever to load. Service is bad. 12:58. I'm going to crash and kill someone. I pull off to the side of the road and park. The app finally loads. I move Kelley out of the Flex and replace him. Confirmed. Your changes are saved. 12:59. Big sigh of relief.

It's 1:01 PM and I'm back on the road. I hope this Ty Montgomery guy has a decent day or I'm going to feel pretty stupid...

tl;dr: fantasy football makes us behave like idiot children

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

:hfive: ride that covariance

Ride on!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RVProfootballer posted:

I would've sat Brees if I had him anywhere. 0 TD and 6 interceptions in the previous two, going up against a tough AZ defense on the road, when Brees away from the superdome is always dogshit anyway.

I sat Cooks this week. It shouldn't cost me in the end but boy do I feel dumb. Made all the wrong WR/flex calls this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If Hopkins scores 8 points or less I win. Thanks covariance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Made the finals in both leagues I made the playoffs in. 150 coming my way from each at a minimum. And I didnt even need my Redskins that I have playing tomorrow to do it.

Shout outs to Bell, Falcons DST, DJ(!!), Palmer for living up to his matchup today. Feels good man.

Bell and johnson arent on the same teams but they could've been if I hadnt believed in Todd Gurley

Santheb fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 19, 2016

• Locked thread