Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
I am v hyped about the Quaalude42 date sticking. Gonna be a barn-burner that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

they must have as close to nothing done for sq42 as its possible to have. it seems crazy to me

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

they must have as close to nothing done for sq42 as its possible to have. it seems crazy to me
With Chris Roberts, nothing is impossible.

Funny how shitizens and I are congruent on that point...

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hello, some of this is prob rehashed

• 2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
  • several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
  • roberts joked at one point "the cheap labor must flow"
  • the "must deliver" deadline is still march/q1 of 2017 for the sqlude
  • might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
  • sqlude will include the new footage shot earlier this year of hamill
  • direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
  • several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
  • motion capture problems include missing payments to studios where work was done (backend, most likely)
  • "If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
  • had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42
  • additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
  • entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
  • what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
  • 3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
  • "They are walking the design back on a massive scale. Try and get a refund."
  • ^^ moma that one is for you because the guy who said it, lol, just lol
  • crunch time has continued now for over six months, some people over a year
if you're in this project for anything over $40, get a refund. get a refund like now. after 2.6 releases to the PU you're going to have a hard drat time getting anything back unless you pledged for the SQ42 package only

I have a feeling that at the end of this, people are going to claim there were zero signs at all that it was happening and they couldn't possibly have known. Even outside of derek crowing about his july blog it's been obvious since Crobberts was completely bewildered by his own game a year ago that he was only concerned with being a movie director.

I mean I can't fault backers for giving Chris Roberts the benefit of the doubt and thinking he wouldn't make a years long series of increasingly stupid decisions, but anyone that can watch "Wing Commander" and judge it honestly saw this coming a long time ago.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sappo569 posted:

do you think they'll have enough to refund all the whales too?

I think they're terrified of the whales making a run on their accounts, resorting to the agencies that MoMA poo-poo'd, and then taking matters into their own hands.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

TheAgent posted:

• 2017 is now looking like the last full operational year for CIG (*from the perspective of 2 people who recently left)
  • several office/staff moves (including the Brno move, disco lando, ben, etc) are still planned
  • might be much less than what was planned to be released (think less than an hour of story content, highly repetitive missions to pad playtime, grind, etc)
  • direction/management are being shuffled around, some people with no experience are now in charge of dozens of employees
  • several employees and execs are now gone, including cashing out on promised bonuses or other monies when they left
  • motion capture problems include missing payments to studios where work was done (backend, most likely)
  • "If [we] didn't have money in the tank for refunds, delay. Delay, delay, delay. Promise, then delay. That was standard, yes."
  • additional mocap is required "to have the story make any sense" thanks to "constant" changes to the script
  • entire maps, levels, mocap, VA, music and SFX have been thrown out, reworked and thrown out again
  • what was promised for 2.6, especially networking, won't be in until late Jan/Feb 2017 at the earliest (maybe midyear)
  • 3.0 networking is a massive, complete mess and won't be anywhere ready for 2017
if you're in this project for anything over $40, get a refund. get a refund like now. after 2.6 releases to the PU you're going to have a hard drat time getting anything back unless you pledged for the SQ42 package only

Oh Santa, you're early!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/810912077384712192
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/810965726001582081

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/810948963335540736
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/810958413576466432

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

PC Gamer: Star Marine gameplay video highlights the dangers of gunfire in space By Andy Chalk

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/811072282961580032

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"Haha, Bethesda and other studios design their games to hide issues they're having with code and animations, while CIG just brute forces everything hoping you're too dumb to realise what it means when your ship billiard balls away from an impact of any size."

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Well Ben, here's why that transition was so easy: Uber doesn't provide suspension replacement insurance for the drivers after you get out of it.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Just remember, a ship carrying 213498721 of these is planned

https://clips.twitch.tv/grayheadedgamer/AdventurousTapirSMOrc

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

I.N.R.I posted:

Actually, this antisemitism is starting to make me uncomfortable .. just because some jews have a well-documented and storied history of harvesting baby foreskins and sucking the babies off during their rituals doesn't mean that they all do

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wow...thats fyad for ya

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i keep wondering why on earth most big games media sites arent slamming the most recent stream. at best it was described as "embarassing" but drat like... thats underselling it. its a $140m videogame, surely thats worth more than the obligatory pull quote and flavour text

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TheAgent posted:

:drat:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

[*]had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42

So Gillian Anderson is def out of the Chris Roberts 2k16 masterpiece AAA fmv movie SQ42.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The picture in question:

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 20, 2016

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
one of his buddies asked him what sets star marine apart from other FPS's, he goes on about EVA'ing from one platform to another. So I tell him, "So Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?"

To which he responded:

https://clips.twitch.tv/grayheadedgamer/QuaintAardvarkVolcania

Star Citizen: Not even close to Infinite Warfare

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirificus posted:

The picture in question:

His lack of self awareness is hilarious.

nawledgelambo posted:

one of his buddies asked him what sets star marine apart from other FPS's, he goes on about EVA'ing from one platform to another. So I tell him, "So Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?"

To which he responded:

https://clips.twitch.tv/grayheadedgamer/QuaintAardvarkVolcania

Star Citizen: Not even close to Infinite Warfare

What does "physicalized physics" mean?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well, basically

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus posted:

The picture in question:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Given the context, I can only assume it means “less related to real physics than an arcade game.”

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

So they still think Star Citizen is actually coming out? Interesting.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Amarcarts posted:

This game looks good

I'm sorry you'll never get to play it :(

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Derek Smart is spreading his message in GW2

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Andy Chalk is the author I remember putting out inflated/positive puff pieces about :pgi: /mwo during some of the bigger uprisings when every other rag had them on blast.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
New invite wave of PTU 2.6 was pushed out 6 hours ago.
Good thing is, you only need incremental files, because CIG finally fixed the launcher+installer.
Oh wait, no, you still need to DL loving 30GB again lmao

But it is just the launcher, the rest of the SC alpha universe is technically very good and working and in progress

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Oh and can't wait for the SC leaks subreddit to "prove" Agent "wrong" with every line, again. :yum:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

jaegerx posted:

Derek Smart is spreading his message in GW2

I don't know why this is so loving funny, but it is

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
"2.6.0k dropped

Be advised that, in order to receive new lobby invites, you will need to restart the client after every match.
Star Marine Leaderboards are not in-game this build.
Our planned Electronic Access improvements for sequential map loading (“mega mapâ€) are not in this build.
Scan is not complete, please refrain from using it (“Tab†key on default keybindings).
Missile rebalance is ongoing.
Flight Balance Changes to include Acceleration, Afterburner, Boost, Fuel Rates, and Jerk are ongoing.
Workaround for Front End UI Issues: Either use the old UI (ui_frontend.startup_mode = 0) OR on the main menu hit the “Escape†key and then “Go To Hangarâ€. Once loaded into the Hangar, you can use the Elevator to connect to Crusader or ArcCorp

Updates

Missiles have received some additional tweaks, so they should now inherit velocity.

Some additional tweaks to the flight model have been made.
We have tweaked the acceleration rates/peaks to be more like previous releases, whilst maintaining the lower 2.6.0 SCM values.
Using strafe during normal flight, you should only get a change in velocity of +/- SCM max velocity, rather than +/- Afterburner max velocity.
Your strafe velocity range is no longer higher when using afterburner.
If you are flying over SCM max speed and switch into decoupled mode, strafe will allow you to decelerate, but not accelerate.
Fixed a number of issues with the new frontend UI.
These include a number of lobby crashes and numerous graphical issues."

2.6.0K ! Eleven iterations, a testament of progress, looking and working good so far :allears:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

Something like "erm doo wop uhhhh..." <flails hands> "DREAMS!"

Or that is my translation.

Alternately buzzword bingo?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mr.PayDay posted:

Be advised that, in order to receive new lobby invites, you will need to restart the client after every match.
I hope they hold it together long enough to release 3.0 in some form, because after this I can't even imagine what those patch notes are going to be like.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Sindai posted:

I hope they hold it together long enough to release 3.0 in some form, because after this I can't even imagine what those patch notes are going to be like.

3 pages of doors being fixed and tweaks to missiles.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Unfunny Poster posted:

Physics is Citizen for ragdoll

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
God drat it, Derek. I was totally on your side until this.

What's up the smallest amount of money I can spend to join this star citizen thing?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
hey is this where I go to talk about clownpiece

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Unfunny Poster posted:

The calculations for the speed at which you get ejected from your spergmobile and watch it spin wildly into space

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Is that some ICP term?

If so, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I just heard I could talk about clownpiece in here