Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Did anybody here join the private Tap Titans 2 clan and decide they don't like the game? We have a number of members who appear to be inactive and there's demand for more room. Tell me your in game name and I can kick you so that other goons can join. Alternately, let me know if you plan on being active later so I don't accidentally kick you prematurely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Looks like I'll be on the dragons challenge 4 for a while. DB3 took a few days last I got it and at R60 my reincarnations don't last long enough to make waiting around for DB4 worth it. Granted I haven't really tried going faceless dragons yet so maybe it's easier with them.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

You're gonna need R63 for the last challenge anyway, and challenges 4 through 6, along with that last dragon artifact (requires excavating during DB5) can all be knocked out at R gems (e66+) with a good long druid/dragon run. Do any other artifact-collecting, and the event feats that require elves/undead, along the way, and save what excavations you can for that last artifact. (Or at least save them for after you finish dragon 4.)

With dragon 3 done, faceless/dragon is surprisingly fast once your gems start getting up into the e30s/e40s. I went all the way to 4e67 gems at R63 just with some relatively-rush faceless builds ("just" getting SS4/DB3), typically got at least 1000x gems per run, and in less time than it would've taken to build up GB11. The hotfix today nerfed it a little bit (you might only 100x per run now) but it's still quite good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I finally finished the spire in trimps for the first time...with a daily challenge active by accident.

I thought it was weird I sometimes saw enemies crit. :downs:

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Sindai posted:

I finally finished the spire in trimps for the first time...with a daily challenge active by accident.

I thought it was weird I sometimes saw enemies crit. :downs:

It's apparently A Thing to do spire pushes when a beneficial-on-even-zones daily comes up. Wish I had even a shot at completing it (although only at 151M He, so a long way off). This would've given me Power II:

Good news being I have 7 lives left, bad news is I can't spend any of them until after work tomorrow.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Holy poo poo that interface. :stare:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Merijn posted:

its beautiful in its simplicity

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Merijn posted:

It is, and I cannot stress this enough, not nearly as loving insane as it looks. It's actually pretty straightforward.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The blue white tiles are snow because it's the Christmas event. It doesn't normally look as garish. They are normally a nice pleasing grey.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
And there's an option to make it less white and more black to make it easier on the eyes.

I "finished" Trimps by hitting all the achievements. I guess I could stick around for all the Masteries but I think I invested enough time into it. Still have a CityInc instance running that's nearing completion (just apartment numbers to reach) and I have Idle Mage on my phone that's around 40.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I immediately turned off the snow. Couldn't bear to look at the map with it on.

The interface does look insane but keep in mind that's near the end of the game after playing for literally months. On the other hand he doesn't even have the dimensional generator unlocked, which adds a bright red/blue/purple block to the building interface in the lower left.

Speaking of which, what kind of helium level do you need to actually start pushing into magma territory? With all the penalties that get added at 230+ it's like running into a brick wall even with all the spire perks.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Well for starters, you'd want enough Coordinated to actually use much or all of that giant pile of free coordinations you get at 230. They're probably the main thing that lets you continue progressing at a reasonable pace.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I just hit 150 for the first time. I've been running dailies for a couple weeks now, resetting once I have enough helium to buy one coordinated, one carpentry, and one looting. Is this the game now? What is the next level/upgrade I should be pushing toward?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh boy, Dragon Challenge 3 - Have a combined total of 40 days played as faceless and dragons with a minimum of 10 days with each one.

Time to wait for 4 days of doing nothing to unlock it. Maybe I shouldn't have been faffing about with Offline times with Undead/Drow.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the Javascript to send autoclicks and autobrickmakes to Wall Destroyer, again?

edit: found it in the old thread, it's:
code:
setInterval(function(){document.getElementById("clickable-hitwall").click();document.getElementById("clickable-makebricks").click();},10);
with the last variable being the interval in milliseconds

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 29, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Tokelau All Star posted:

I just hit 150 for the first time. I've been running dailies for a couple weeks now, resetting once I have enough helium to buy one coordinated, one carpentry, and one looting. Is this the game now? What is the next level/upgrade I should be pushing toward?
The repeatable toxicity challenge starts/ends at 165 and is a big bump in helium gain. Then at 170 you finally unlock Overkill and can blast through the first half of each run at double speed, which is nice.

And you're at the level where you start to get really good heirlooms if you're lucky.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Oh boy, Dragon Challenge 3 - Have a combined total of 40 days played as faceless and dragons with a minimum of 10 days with each one.

Time to wait for 4 days of doing nothing to unlock it. Maybe I shouldn't have been faffing about with Offline times with Undead/Drow.

Faceless, and later faceless/dragon, is basically the de facto faction to be when you decide you're gonna take a break from the game. You won't make any meaningful immediate progress on any faction while offline, but for long-term progress, faceless and dragons both have upgrades that scale with time spent as that faction across reincarnations. So even while you're not playing, you can rack up that time. The faceless version is pretty anemic once you hit ascension though, but it's quite nice until then.

A side benefit of this is making it very easy to accomplish dragon challenge 3. Other notable examples of "just spend time, across reincarnations" are the neutral/good/evil alignment trophies (about two weeks each for good and evil, less than a week for neutral; do not bother going out of your way for neutral) and wanting 5 days each of titan/druid/faceless time in the mid R20s, and later 10 days each in the early R50s. Faceless challenge 4 is effectively tied to time as well, but you'll get it in the process of those various other things.

NB that the game only does offline time in up to 30 day chunks, so check in once or twice a month on your long faceless/dragon (or possible titan, druid, good, or evil) runs to get it to update.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
Trimps - I'm having some issues with Void maps - I can't seem to get to a point where I can beat them now. They hit significantly harder than anything else and I just end up stuck. For context, I've gotten to zone 45 or so max so far. What's the strat on these?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Falcon2001 posted:

Trimps - I'm having some issues with Void maps - I can't seem to get to a point where I can beat them now. They hit significantly harder than anything else and I just end up stuck. For context, I've gotten to zone 45 or so max so far. What's the strat on these?

They aren't worth your time right now for two reasons; first off, you won't get comparatively worthwhile amounts of extra helium until at least zone 60, and secondly you can't get decent heirlooms until at least zone 60 either. Get crunk so you can push your max zone higher and get more perk unlocking challenges completed, then when zone 60 is nothing give a void map a roll and see how it goes then.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

They aren't worth your time right now for two reasons; first off, you won't get comparatively worthwhile amounts of extra helium until at least zone 60, and secondly you can't get decent heirlooms until at least zone 60 either. Get crunk so you can push your max zone higher and get more perk unlocking challenges completed, then when zone 60 is nothing give a void map a roll and see how it goes then.

alright sounds good enough then. At least I got a few heirlooms so the slots are used.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Wow, in Idle Mage I've hit a dungeon where nearly every squad has an Elven Summoner in it, which quickly start summoning other Summoners, so that I get stuck on a screen which is literally just 20 of them instantly replacing any I kill. :suicide:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Wow, in Idle Mage I've hit a dungeon where nearly every squad has an Elven Summoner in it, which quickly start summoning other Summoners, so that I get stuck on a screen which is literally just 20 of them instantly replacing any I kill. :suicide:

Aside from the fact that this sends you into idle mode and nerfs your spell xp gain accordingly, situations like that are actually quite nice for grinding power, since none of those summoners are actually attacking you.

Falcon2001 posted:

General rule of thumb is, assuming you're portaling about when your helium per hour starts to decline, to do void maps about 5-10 zones before that point. If you're pushing deep on zones (which could be portaling long after your helium per hour started to decline), it could be 15, 20, or even more zones before your portal point.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The other big things are to do void maps at a zone where you just got a new gymystic upgrade so your block is as high as possible relative to the zone, farm normal maps for a few minutes to get stronger, and wait until you're on the last row of the zone so you've got all the production upgrades possible while farming.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

And do them on the last viable map of a challenge run, since they'll add to your challenge helium.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Will 2017 be the year someone releases a new and actually good idle game?!

no

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The new Frog Fractions game has a neat incremental mini game that had me literally laughing out loud when I realized the gimmick.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The new Frog Fractions game has a neat incremental mini game that had me literally laughing out loud when I realized the gimmick.
I should get around to it, I backed it on Kickstarter and redeemed my key but haven't installed it yet. Is the "game" it comes wrapped in any good?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I should get around to it, I backed it on Kickstarter and redeemed my key but haven't installed it yet. Is the "game" it comes wrapped in any good?

The fairy thing? It is remarkably overdeveloped as a cover for the real game.

You've got to prune trees to keep them from weighing too much on the ends, and keep them from cutting off all the food to your bushes.

I could totally see it for sale for $5 on the wrapper alone.

It's also got a Carmen Sandiego based game that's pretty neat. That one also made me laugh out loud when I checked the almanac.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

According to the Giant Bomb interview with Jim Crawford, Glittermitten Grove was developed completely separately to be workable as a standalone game. So yeah it's kinda intentional for it to be pretty deep and fun in its own right.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

What I've noticed in Trimps is that the curve of life, attack, and block is extremely uneven. Void maps will seem crazy early on because you're still at a point where generally speaking, you have as much or more block than life, and everything either kills you very fast or you can block completely. Once you get to later zones in the 80+ range, life starts becoming incredibly high for both you and monsters, so you take a fraction of your health each time an enemy hits you but enemies start taking lots of hits to go down as well. Once you hit that point, Void maps and the extra mods that come with them start making a lot more sense as things you could do, but they would take a lot longer than normal maps because things kill your Trimps very fast and it takes a long time to breed a new group.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

What I've noticed in Trimps is that the curve of life, attack, and block is extremely uneven. Void maps will seem crazy early on because you're still at a point where generally speaking, you have as much or more block than life, and everything either kills you very fast or you can block completely. Once you get to later zones in the 80+ range, life starts becoming incredibly high for both you and monsters, so you take a fraction of your health each time an enemy hits you but enemies start taking lots of hits to go down as well. Once you hit that point, Void maps and the extra mods that come with them start making a lot more sense as things you could do, but they would take a lot longer than normal maps because things kill your Trimps very fast and it takes a long time to breed a new group.

Until of course later when you have more power, and then you start experimenting with how high you can go on your void maps before it becomes impossible without farming forever so you get better heirlooms or more bonus helium out of your current helium challenge.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm not enjoying the new Frog Fractions I got into the ASCII looking adventure and did stuff then lost everything?

I do want to play the roommate game again though

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
I'm pretty new to Trimps, running the first Scientist challenge I screwed up budgeting my science and it loving suuuuucks.

Edit: The problem is the "high damage/low health + Quick" monsters. :cry:

ThisIsNoZaku fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 4, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If you've really screwed up badly you can just abandon the challenge from the "view perks" screen, portal, and try again.

And yeah a lot of challenges are just a matter of having enough resilience + toughness that you can survive a single hit from the worst possible first strike enemy you'd need to pass to complete the challenge with a reasonable amount of time spent farming for equipment, since nothing else can actually permanently block your progress.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 4, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

I'm pretty new to Trimps, running the first Scientist challenge I screwed up budgeting my science and it loving suuuuucks.

Try to make it to zone 12, if you can do that farm maps there and you might still be okay. If you can't make it there just abandon the challenge and try it again with more power and better planning later.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Science challenges are really hard without spending stuff correctly. Look up the correct upgrades to buy and retry, it will likely be quicker than a bad build unless it's close.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Trimps questions- I'm at 5.75M helium, and my highest zone is 150. I've been doing daily challenges to get extra helium to make progress. My highest helium run is 355K (I haven't done any of the regular challenges). My quesiton is with the bones. Currently, I haven't been lucky enough to score a legendary, magnificent, or ethereal heirloom. I have some very good epic heirlooms that I've buffed with Nu, but I would like to get a better heirloom and buff it out since that would likely make a huge increase in my stats. Would it be worthwhile to spend bones on the heirloom draw (with a ~6% of getting a better heirloom) or using it on the portals?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Dragongem posted:

Trimps questions- I'm at 5.75M helium, and my highest zone is 150. I've been doing daily challenges to get extra helium to make progress. My highest helium run is 355K (I haven't done any of the regular challenges). My quesiton is with the bones. Currently, I haven't been lucky enough to score a legendary, magnificent, or ethereal heirloom. I have some very good epic heirlooms that I've buffed with Nu, but I would like to get a better heirloom and buff it out since that would likely make a huge increase in my stats. Would it be worthwhile to spend bones on the heirloom draw (with a ~6% of getting a better heirloom) or using it on the portals?

Portals. The helium is a better value than the small heirloom chance.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Even if you get a better heirloom it'll probably have some garbage stats on it and ethereal heirlooms cost a lot of nullifium to respec. It's frustrating but you've still got lots and lots and lots of helium farming runs before you reach the spire and you'll get them somewhere in there for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i was intimidated by Decay's gimmick when i first unlocked it, but now that i've done a run in it i've noticed it's getting me more than four times the helium per hour that balance did, even without the challenge bonus.

it's nice to have a fast forward button to the new stuff at zone 60, but i'm now starting to acutely feel the effects of the agility cap and lack of build efficiency upgrades