Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is it intentional that fuze explosions reach out through vents? i nearly killed myself because i was standing next to a vent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Explosions are really weird about walls

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is it intentional that fuze explosions reach out through vents? i nearly killed myself because i was standing next to a vent

Fuze explosions always had the tendency of going through surfaces and with the recent increase in it's range i'd stay the gently caress away from walls.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/pda5w

Hard! :argh:

(Nevermind the audio desync, Lightworks does not like variable framerate recordings)

I hate him too but just because he didn't spend money on that sweet bushido skin shield.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/pda5w

Hard! :argh:

(Nevermind the audio desync, Lightworks does not like variable framerate recordings)

I have to handbrake all my video to 60fps because of how shadowplay/plays.tv and I assume RELIVE capture video.

Annoying, but at least the audio doesn't get hosed up.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Something weird has happened, and I am now only being matched with unrankeds, coppers, and the occasional silver. I am 30 points from Plat I.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I took a break from the game when I got my PS4 back in working order to play Destiny and Titanfall 2 and now I can't get back into Siege for some reason. :smith:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IceOrb posted:

I have to handbrake all my video to 60fps because of how shadowplay/plays.tv and I assume RELIVE capture video.

Yeah. I use Eyeframe Converter to batch convert things. Sometimes they play fine in Lightworks and sometimes I saved a clip that isn't worth using. Everything else gets converted and works fine.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

IceOrb posted:

What's the issue with Shadowplay you have there?

SMP
May 5, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What's the issue with Shadowplay you have there?

If it's the problem I have: Shadowplay records at variable framerate, which Adobe Premiere doesn't support.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

It's not an issue.

Shadowplay, plays.tv, and ReLIVE all record with a variable framerate so that in the event your performance is tanking the GPU can focus on making the game run as best it can instead of worrying about maintaining 60fps on your capture.

In most cases video editors can't handle variable framerate video without you running into the audio desync issue. Easy fix is to just handbrake everything to whatever framerate you plan on exporting the final clip in.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh, I see. I'm too cheap for proper video editing software, so never spotted this.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

My buddy was killed by a Fuze explosion when he was setting up to breach the room Fuze was supposed to clear out. One of the grenades went right through the window into his face.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Kikas posted:

My buddy was killed by a Fuze explosion when he was setting up to breach the room Fuze was supposed to clear out. One of the grenades went right through the window into his face.

I lost 90% of my health by putting up the fuze injector on a side wall, rushing around to prepare to breach a door on the other side of the room (while the thing was firing) and one of the nades bounced hella far and exploded in front (below?) the door I was standing by.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

My friends and i played for hours last night and matchmakng was excellent, very evenly matched. I think every single map went 8 or 9 rounds.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I'm pretty sure Fuze killing everything in the vicinity is intended, be it directly or through walls/doors

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IceOrb posted:

It's not an issue.

Shadowplay, plays.tv, and ReLIVE all record with a variable framerate so that in the event your performance is tanking the GPU can focus on making the game run as best it can instead of worrying about maintaining 60fps on your capture.

In most cases video editors can't handle variable framerate video without you running into the audio desync issue. Easy fix is to just handbrake everything to whatever framerate you plan on exporting the final clip in.

So when you say handbrake, what exactly are you referring to, some program?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So when you say handbrake, what exactly are you referring to, some program?

https://handbrake.fr/

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ah, neat. Looks similar to the thing I use that was recommended specifically for Lightworks.

Also, Hard, can we get a UI option to turn off mouse wheel weapon switching? I keep putting my Blitz shield away instead of flashing when I get excited.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Ah, neat. Looks similar to the thing I use that was recommended specifically for Lightworks.

Also, Hard, can we get a UI option to turn off mouse wheel weapon switching? I keep putting my Blitz shield away instead of flashing when I get excited.

Rebind your dang gadget key.

RE: Fuze :words: he is crazy at the moment. Getting naded left right and centre. I pray for a hostage map now so I can camp with the little fella without being blown the hell up.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Or use 4.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It would still be useful not to have hard-coded key bindings.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dante18907 posted:

Rebind your dang gadget key.

RE: Fuze :words: he is crazy at the moment. Getting naded left right and centre. I pray for a hostage map now so I can camp with the little fella without being blown the hell up.

I don't like having to take fingers off the movement keys to do something. I have two thumb buttons on my mouse but they are Melee and PTT and I sure don't want to change those either.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't like having to take fingers off the movement keys to do something. I have two thumb buttons on my mouse but they are Melee and PTT and I sure don't want to change those either.

Fair enough. I am much the same. But you could put it as like Z, X, C, V or any of the keys around WASD for easy access. As mentioned before as well apparently 4 is bound to gadget by default as well.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Solo ranked in this game is loving cancer.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

keyframe posted:

Agreed. Spent like an hour in queue the other day while I was tooling around in FFXV, constantly getting teammates and them dropping out. Eventually gave up.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

keyframe posted:

Solo ranked seems alright if the matchmaker roulette spins in your favor. I am in the mid-gold ranks from just doing this and talking on the mic. I think overall my W:L is like an even 1.0 if iirc? K:D ratio is at an eternal 0.2 because lol.

I usually play at like 3am-4am though so that might have an impact on the types of players I'm encountering? :350:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Thief posted:

Solo ranked seems alright if the matchmaker roulette spins in your favor. I am in the mid-gold ranks from just doing this and talking on the mic. I think overall my W:L is like an even 1.0 if iirc? K:D ratio is at an eternal 0.2 because lol.

I usually play at like 3am-4am though so that might have an impact on the types of players I'm encountering? :350:

I don't even care about losing as long as the team doesn't quit and plays but so far it has been a streak of troll cocksuckers who just tk you randomly or just shoot you till you are 10 hp while blasting music on comms. And all you can do is "report for suspicious behavior" which I am sure some poor intern at ubisoft looks at and deletes, while you are wasting 20 minutes till you lose 4 rounds.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
tonight in ranked i had a cav down herself trying to impact grenade me as montagne; i took 0 damage from both of them

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dante18907 posted:

Fair enough. I am much the same. But you could put it as like Z, X, C, V or any of the keys around WASD for easy access. As mentioned before as well apparently 4 is bound to gadget by default as well.

Now that I think about it, I could set Caps Lock as a gadget button. Currently set to Mark Enemy but I don't really do that with drones anymore unless I'm dead.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

tonight in ranked i had a cav down herself trying to impact grenade me as montagne; i took 0 damage from both of them

At last, shields are actually useful

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpicM4J26oY

Also Habanero's SMG is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDuNuwRipXM

Basticle fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 20, 2016

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

The nose exhale really makes it.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I've got almost 1tb of video.

Have a bit more spare time so I'm cutting together a bunch of the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruo1x8Ujw48

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 20, 2016

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I don't remember the UI sound effect clicks being this loving loud before.

Wait nevermind my windows volume was at 100!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Bored at work and found a useful vid :coffeepal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSTaF5s16Rk

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

why are machine pistols so good

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

why are machine pistols so good

More dakka

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Because faster bullets is always better

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard where are red skins for machine pistols?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So the Christmas Challenges don't specifically say in multiplayer but I assume they still wouldn't work in a custom game or Thunt?

• Locked thread