Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7374937/#Comment_7374937

JFK gave the moon speech on September 12, 1962. America landed on the moon July 20, 1969. Now maybe we should give CIG that much time to make the game before the pitch forkes come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The uncanny valley called

They were just crying; I couldn't tell what they were trying to say

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Strawman posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7374937/#Comment_7374937

JFK gave the moon speech on September 12, 1962. America landed on the moon July 20, 1969. Now maybe we should give CIG that much time to make the game before the pitch forkes come out.

Counterpoint:

http://spacenews.com/spacexs-reusable-falcon-9-what-are-the-real-cost-savings-for-customers/

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

holy poo poo of COURSE they Archered it.

NO NO NO GUYS IT'S PARODY THOUGH :v:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Tippis posted:

Yes, so it's all fair and square. :D

That's the really strange bit as far as the culture part goes. I've come across a surprising amount of pro-gun people who are against that violence in media. I never got that particular bit of logical cross-wiring worked out.

i would guess its because the media usually trivialise the resposibility of gun ownership. It make owning and using a gun appear easy and fun, something you dont want in the mind of a person the first few time they handle a firearm. You want them focused and calm, not giddy with enthusiam.

Just getting stopped over for a busted backlight become a lot more complicated if you have a licensed firearm on you or in the vehicule, even if its locked in the boot, but the media never go over that in detail, unless its to cause another action scene.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mr.PayDay posted:

https://youtu.be/so2pDP7Jsmo

No game but AMAZING FACIALS

This looks good!

Every game that is played needs an extreme close up into your characters eyeball so you can see them blink.

Does the normal game let you zoom in that close on your characters features?

The gameplay looked a little jank though. But baby steps! If the graphics and polygons are high enough, a game is just going to appear suddenly.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm the people saying it's fair use because it's slightly modified , forgetting the fact they're using it for a commercial venture in which to fleece idiots out of their disability money

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's homage correctness gone mad!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

The 2d guys at Clown Stimperium suck so much balls they could work for Dyson.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

That has to be an old image that Ryan archer made before getting fired right ? I can't believe they have artists who keep stealing other people's work even after getting called out on it .... repeatedly

Wait this is CIG were talking about , Crobberts probably saw the posts about stealing art work and demanded all his artists do the same thing because it cuts time in half

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

intardnation posted:

but is it shaved? the boss is asking. hairy belts are passe and out of fashion these days so she says.

Given that he seems like a smooth operator, I'm going to assume that he is very well kept everywhere! Above AND below that fine custom belt! :allears:

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

it's not very compassionate to withhold the wisdom that would grant us enlightenment

He's hiding his time for when SC releases and is plebs are begging at the gate. He will graciously allow us to man his turrets and serve him fine Hairy Roberts from the MixMaster 140,000,000. He knows it will come true, and in true fashion is twirling his comical and long mustache (a severe juxtaposition of the clean and well kept undertow!).

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fat Shat Sings posted:

for the first year or two a lot of people felt bad about the scamming of sadbrains people. Until the scam stretched out so long.

It kind of makes us look callous now but when you have four years to watch an idiot furry octuple down on the dream while writing a new bible on being an idiot you kind of start being harsh and not liking these guys.

At least MoMA keeps it contained to this thread for the most part and is mostly alright despite causing the conflict where people use reason to try and reason him out of a faith based viewpoint.

This is true.

Also when the backers interact with people it sort of degenerates further when they act like pricks.

You almost want to cheer Chris on in milking them of every dime they have. :3:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

In all seriousness if it wasn't for the constant 30gb patches I would probably drop the $45 or whatever on a copy of Star Citizen just to a. See how hosed it is first hand b. provide the thread entertainment showing bugs and dumb stuff and c. grief the poo poo out of any serious 'testers' I could find.

:same:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

When will this Ryan Archer theftfest end?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Sappo569 posted:

That has to be an old image that Ryan archer made before getting fired right ? I can't believe they have artists who keep stealing other people's work even after getting called out on it .... repeatedly

Wait this is CIG were talking about , Crobberts probably saw the posts about stealing art work and demanded all his artists do the same thing because it cuts time in half

In my experience this type of poo poo is usually dictated from up high. Imagine the scenario...

[Crobbler] Right we're doing a uhh Star Marine game and we need to get some ideas together of what it will look like. You've got 2 days.

2 days later

[Concept Artist] Right, okay.. well we've come up with the following ideas to get a feel with where we're going..
[Crobbler] Yes! That's it picture 2, perfect we'll use that.
[Concept Artist] Well, these are just early ideas, I mean we'll need to go away and..
[Crobbler] No picture 2, that's perfect, we'll use that. Well done, get those files over to marketing.
[Concept Artist] B..but..
[Crobbler] I'm off to Italy, see you all in a week.

In the past I've actually had to explain to customers why they can't use the actual artwork in my portfolio because that was commissioned by other clients.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I thought Chris Roberts was interested in fidelity and realism. Who goes to sleep like they're living in Leave It To Beaver? If my Herculean ripped guy isn't going to sleep holding a phone or a tablet for 2 hours before finally going begrudgingly to sleep, this is junk.

Refactor this 1940's fake crap. Come on CIG guy reading this forum. Don't let this lack of realism slip under Chris' watchful nose!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Halo is just a little known franchise. Once CIG can properly metastasize into every franchise and steal every ounce of original art; only then can Star Citizen finally release.

And Star Citizen 2 can only happen after enough new original ideas and art have been created. Stealing stuff isn't easy, but CIG has made it into an art form.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Archer gate returns! Oh man, I wish Ryan archer had an SA account. I want his story.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

This is why I love Star Citizen. No gameplay, but sixteen different ways to get in and out of your bunk. It's really coming together now!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

grimcreaper posted:

Archer gate returns! Oh man, I wish Ryan archer had an SA account. I want his story.

You could write it for him, and then just let him put his name in the credits.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Contingency posted:

Did you agree to the new ToS?

LOL gently caress no.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
SC Product Lifecycle chart has been updated

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

"Chump run" is what they called me in college

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

The Titanic posted:

You could write it for him, and then just let him put his name in the credits.

Holy poo poo that's a good idea.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I think we can safely remove Crisis now :(

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

a gun is a cooler thing to have than fake spaceships but i am scared of americans

And me, I'd rather have a parking sensor.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

alf_pogs posted:

a gun is a cooler thing to have than fake spaceships but i am scared of americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7APmRkatEU

Honestly David Bowie's best role was "Trent Reznor's dad"

Coming in as a close second was the dude in The Man Who Fell to Earth, and third is the Goblin King from Labyrinth

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

I'm the people saying it's fair use because it's slightly modified , forgetting the fact they're using it for a commercial venture in which to fleece idiots out of their disability money

I'm the guy who clearly has no idea what "parody" is, claiming that a tracejob of Master Chief is like "just a prank, bro"

gently caress I'm so glad Archergate is coming around again. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

It's either that or despite months of arguing with us that you aren't an idiot you end up losing $8k to an ex 2nd hand car dealer who lies an awful lot and that's somehow funny.

"Car salesman." You guys need to stop licking Derek's taint. Or, lick it harder and wetter in the awesome troll you've engaged. Either way, you've got the wrong salesman.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Star Citizen 1.0?

Surely you mean 3.0

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Are you seriously thinking of bailing out though? What was the final straw?

I've given this three times now. I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems. That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've given this three times now. I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems. That is to say, everything that alpha 4.0 was touted to be - should be in 2017.

Haha how can you look at the progress up till now or even in the last year ignoring the previous years of not progress and believe this will happen.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

You should be more realistic in your expectations.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

I want to see SQ42 drop in its entirety next year (2017) and real progress made with the (star)systems.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

Are you Toast?

Yes, in the sense that the other slaves were also Spartacus (I am not equating CIG employees to slaves).

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Does it concern you at all that they don't even have a single mission for SQ42 at a state of completion where it can be shown to people?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

scrubs season six posted:

I'm pretty sure your dick is connected to your own rear end in a top hat.

That makes for a large dick.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

Does it concern you at all that they don't even have a single mission for SQ42 at a state of completion where it can be shown to people?

Every mission is complete and has already been grey/white boxed.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

ManofManyAliases posted:

hahaha, holy gently caress

Take a screenshot of this, because when 2017 this time rolls around, I want to be able to ask you (with 3.0 dropping a couple of weeks before) if you sincerely believed that 4.0 was close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

:laugh:

You know what will make it go faster? More money. Keep pledging!

e:

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 22, 2016