Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

Countries that can trace their origins further than last month and have a history to learn from understand that a halberd or a boar spear are the only sensible weapons in the zombie apocalypse.

:euro-chauvinism:

Pike and Shot vs Zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Looking forward to a tweet from The Vice President of Marketing from some expensive resort while the interns try to keep 2.6 running with rubber bands and duct tape.

One of the last "Sandi Tweets" had a reflection of a heavyset man taking the pic lol. She scooted the second the livestream ended.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

What happens when they hit Z and it's still broken af?

It goes to "AA". CIG is attempting something completely new, an "AAAA" game.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Youre asking if Ben of all people stored wing commander poo poo at home?

Honey this is the toughest decision I've ever had to make

Get out.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

Important Issues

Be advised that, in order to receive new lobby invites, you will need to restart the client after every match.

Star Marine Leaderboards are not in-game this build.

New! Star Marine – Whenever a player respawns, all players will experience a lag spike

New! Being invited to a Multiplayer Match, then exiting and joining a Multiplayer game will always put you in a Battle Royale on Broken Moon

How. How do you gently caress things up this badly? It's an engine made for shooting dudes. Even the most inept modders team out there can whip up a simple FPS mode with leaderboards and where the client won't need to be restarted every round. It's just mind-loving-boggling.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Phi230 posted:

Pike and Shot vs Zombies

It takes practice to learn to fire, make a long sharp stick and go to town. It's not like the Zs are even trying to avoid getting a sharp stick in the face from 2 meters away.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
I mean the sheer blinding incompetence of CIG is on display daily like a retarded lighthouse, but I'm still periodically shocked all over again over just how bad it is. It's like this bubble of ineptitude that you get used to when living in this thread and when you leave it you are astounded to see and play games that actually work and are good like BF1 and Astroneer (that I bought because of this thread and it's drat good!).

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Well, last time I lost my temper in normal jeans... Well, now I am on the metahuman sexual offenders list... On the plus side, the arresting officer DID give me her number...

EDIT: Hulkaparty sounds good. We have :pgabz: for music inbetween smashing things, and I will bring a keg...

I approve of your hideous, blatant exhibitionism and I hope it only helped your case. I also picture a disco ball falling from the roof and Richard Simmons jumping from the shadows to start break dancing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey guys sorry to interrupt the hilarious process of getting angry at patch notes, but please stop doxxing, stop sending death threats, stop following people online all day, stop making antisemitic jokes, stop reading million word long reddit posts by people you hate, stop posting erotic spaceship imagery of spaceships, stop suggesting people to commit suicide.
I cant believe I have to even remind you that while not all of those are illegal, they do make you look like you're mentally unbalanced and creepy. Please, it's for your own good.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Reminder that they released a PTU patch last sunday, lol

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Imagine being so creatively bankrupt you have to copy the same post every page.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

Reminder that they released a PTU patch last sunday, lol

:lol:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So is now a good time to pledge?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's never a bad time to buy ships commando.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Meridian posted:

So is now a good time to pledge?

If you like stress testing your internet connection, then yes

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Can someone take Annabelle Huxleys AV and like colorswap it. Or make a negative of it? Its for a forums project.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
In the meatime I went with this

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Have Chris and the backers discovered SpatialOS yet?

https://spatialos.improbable.io

quote:

Code Beyond Server Boundaries

SpatialOS can create a swarm of hundreds of conventional game engines that overlap together to create a huge, seamless world. Develop unconstrained by the computational and concurrent player limits of a single engine.

Grow a Persistent World

A SpatialOS world can contain millions of persistent entities and manage their state and history. Design gameplay that allows players to affect the world in meaningful, long-lasting ways.

SpatialOS is a cloud-based computational platform that lets you use many servers and engines to power a single world.
The platform coordinates a swarm of micro-services called workers, which overlap and dynamically reorganize to power a huge, seamless world.
The platform also lets you handle a huge number of concurrent players across different devices in one world.

https://spatialos.improbable.io/community/worlds-adrift-remnants-trailer-and-what-it-shows-about-spatialos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLWK6iQvRs

All the best to them, but seriously... microservices?
Latency and overhead are going to be insane.
Whoever thought this would be a good idea?
Why is it even needed?

It's so out-there, buzzword-ridden and just plain unnecessary it's a *perfect* match for CIG.

orcinus fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Dec 22, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Solid thread
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/363062/they-do-work-hard-don-t-they#latest

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

That's disappointing and sad.

I guess it makes people feel superior to talk about why clearly highly intelligent people are not compared to themselves and their version of intelligence.

This, to me, is the general attitude of people who did not get a degree, or have a degree in something that didn't require insane amounts of dedication and brain beatings. One of the best things to learn is that you're not as smart as you think you are, and you should never ever try to judge someone's intelligence, because you're going to end up looking stupid.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Will be curious how long you last.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I am going to judge the intelligence of people who spent 5 figures on Star Citizen and there's nothing you can do to stop me :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

orcinus posted:

All the best to them, but seriously... microservices?
Latency and overhead are going to be insane.
Whoever thought this would be a good idea?
Why is it even needed?

It's so out-there, buzzword-ridden and just plain unnecessary it's a *perfect* match for CIG.

No you see the Internet of Things,

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

a type 1 on the Bristol scale

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Colostomy Bag posted:

Will be curious how long you last.

Ya hes treading dangerous water drawing attention to the crunching slavedriving

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Just think of the processing power you could unleash upon the world if you stuck an ARMv6 CPU and a bluetooth chip in every device you own

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

a citizen posted:

I wonder if anyone from development actually had a vacation once in these past years.

Someone who can post there PLEASE respond with vacation pics from Chris and Sandi

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Try reading a Wired article after replacing "Smart" with "Derek Smart :smug:"

quote:

“In 1991, Mark Weiser – the author of Ubiquitous Computing and then chief scientist at Xerox PARC – stated we should find a way to ‘allow the computers themselves to vanish into the background.’ The concept of the connected homes can be seen through this lens. Technology reinvents our homes, but that process should be easy – almost invisible – and perceived as useful.

So far, though, Derek Smart :smug: home solutions have not been very successful in achieving that – hence some of the current concerns on its adoption. The Derek Smart :smug: home should be based around a people-centric approach and connected to other people-centric concepts, such as the Derek Smart :smug: city.”

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

“I do look forward to a time when I can run my home in a far more interactive way, create a Derek Smart and personalised space that feels fluid and is Derek Smart enough to adapt as I need it to. It’s these changes that will allow me to be able to stay in my home for longer, even support me into old age, if the environment becomes intelligent enough that it can be adapted to suit me as my physical needs change. That’s the real benefit of a Derek Smart home.”

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Ok I'm done

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Someone who can post there PLEASE respond with vacation pics from Chris and Sandi

Not ready to go all in yet but otherwise I would.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

keyword: Development

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mikojan posted:

keyword: Development

They all think Chris actually codes.

No really, stop laughing, they do.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
In my next blog post I will be doxxing all your parents, Jewish or not.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Tippis posted:

I found out earlier today that it has undefeatable sarlaccs.

Ha-ha, wow, yeah, no, gently caress getting out of the pod here.

Good game, would die alone and terrified in the depths of an alien world again.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

They all think Chris actually codes.

No really, stop laughing, they do.

Hey now.
Leaving comments in someone elses code is still coding.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Was sorely tempted to, but the willpower needed to actually log in there and post something is still too icky for me. :)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Surface Detail is gonna get banned for impersonating "Bro" Huxley anyway, he should post them and shop his balls into one.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Surface Detail is gonna get banned for impersonating "Bro" Huxley anyway, he should post them and shop his balls into one.

who? They seem like a nice person judging from that thread and not berating other forums members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

quote:

A father shot dead by his teenage son in Idaho was an addict who was training his boys for the zombie apocalypse, a court heard Thursday.

Eldon Samuel Jr. was planning to take alleged killer Eldon Samuel III into the mountains with trailer full of guns, food and water in case of the doomsday event, his estranged wife Tina told a court in Coeur d'Alene.

The now 16-year-old son faces murder charges for killing his father and autistic younger brother, Jonathan, in March 2014, when he was 14.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/son-killed-father-trained-zombies-article-1.2505575

1500 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 22, 2016