Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just realized that the LaSalle shows will help with AAW's storytelling. Plenty of time to build up title matches/number one contenders/plot with the extra shows. I'm happy that Lee/Everett won the tag belts but their title shot came out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

like that fenix is getting a shot though since he pinned sami at cero miedo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

That's gonna be a sloppy one

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/811743688288256000

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/StokelyHathaway/status/812010008841949184

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

This is so great.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Style Battle Season 1:

-Anthony Henry
-AR Fox
-Austin Theory
-Darby Allin
-Dave Crist
-Dezmond Xavier
-FIP World Heavyweight & EVOLVE Tag Team Champion Fred Yehi
-Sammy Guevara

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I am only familiar with yehi and fox how good is everyone else

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dezmond Xavier is a super athletic high flyer waiting to break out
Anthony Henry is a southern guy who post-smarks rave about
Darby is Evolve's new prospect (like less than 50 matches in his entire career new) who is getting crazy over taking disgusting bumps with a losing streak gimmick
Dave Crist is one half of OI4K/The Irish Airborne who get a lot of work doing fun spotfests and flippy brawls in b-level indies
Sammy Guevera i'm not that familiar with but I've seen him on a couple texas and lucha shows and he's ok. Good to see that scene starting to break out

austin theory is a complete unknown to me but gabe posted a picture of him

seems like a lot of these guys are destined for the revamped FIP which they keep promoting as a much wilder show. The last couple newsletters he sent out specifically said it "would not be suitable for all audiences" lol. Shame they fired Joey Styles huh

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 23, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

I am only familiar with yehi and fox how good is everyone else

Allin is a tiny crazy bump machine with a seeming death wish, he will achieve great things assuming he isn't killed in the ring. Dave Crist is a rich man's Sami Callihan. Dezmond Xavier is a super promising young guy who has been working in PWX and AAW a bunch.

I've heard awesome things about Anthony Henry, have not seen him yet. Never heard anything about Guevara or Theory.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

favorite thing about austin theory is that he's going for the jacked pretty boy look despite having a heinous soul patch and probably being 5'4"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't recognize the names of like 95% of the guys in this thread anymore lmao. Back when PWG was still a thing (rip) I was more up to date.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
I'll always maintain that the real peak for PWG was the summer of 2014, when they capitalized on Joey and Candice, Ricochet, and pushed Kyle before anyone else did. Maybe continuing the Steen/Generico feud was big, but nothing else.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I saw Austin Theory earlier this month in a triple threat against Chip Day and Cam Carter. I feel confident in saying he was in the top three wrestlers in that match.

Chip Day is actually really good, though, and his match against David Starr for the wXw Shotgun Championship was match of the night, imo, at PWX Season's DELETEings.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thank you all for the answers just one quick follow up

oatgan posted:

post-smarks

What can this even mean?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

If you have to ask...

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

austin theory is a complete unknown to me but gabe posted a picture of him

I for one am very excited to have Brad Maddox back in my life.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Dave Crist is a rich man's Sami Callihan.

You're saying given a choice between Callihan and Crist, you're picking Crist? I would like to hear more!

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It feels like Dave and Jake Crist have been around forever.
When did they change from Irish Airbourne to Ohio is 4 Killers? (I always want to pronounce it Oik)

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

MrBling posted:

It feels like Dave and Jake Crist have been around forever.
When did they change from Irish Airbourne to Ohio is 4 Killers? (I always want to pronounce it Oik)

I wanna say sometime around 2011. Around the time they were getting booked in CZW more regularly.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Deathlove posted:

You're saying given a choice between Callihan and Crist, you're picking Crist? I would like to hear more!

I just think Crist is more well rounded in the ring. Sami in AAW has been fun though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

Thank you all for the answers just one quick follow up

What can this even mean?

Means they love to post

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

oatgan posted:

favorite thing about austin theory is that he's going for the jacked pretty boy look despite having a heinous soul patch and probably being 5'4"

The bench day wrist wraps put him into super-heel mode for me. I bet he's the guy benching 185 with wraps on and a belt.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love to post

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

oatgan posted:

He worked the VIP show last week he was green but looked good.

Sammy G is loving awesome and hopefully he gets some eyeballs on him after this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WOSWrestlingITV/status/812378990732333056

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQoErgT-ig

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Kaveman posted:

I've never watched their youtube stuff but I've been to a few of their live shows in Newcastle (and going to the next one to see BROKEN matt hardy) and have enjoyed every show.

They always have a good selection of high tier British indie lads and then one or two money mark gets. Seeing Minoru Suzuki live in Newcastle was amazing.

Good to know when I'm passing by. Never was much into their YouTube stuff but they seem to really love wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

NienNunb posted:

I love to post

:justpost:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's Christmas

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

from what ive heard about fight club pro pentagon should be a great fit

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
All of Gabe's FIP tweets tonight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hahaha

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i dont think hes a good enough writer to make FIP some high level parody of ECW but i'm really looking forward to whatever FIP winds up being i like the people involved

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Gabe did it. I'm looking forward to FIP now to whatever it ends up being.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

FIP came a little too hard for me tonight. Does that kind of fed even stand a chance down in Florida in 2017?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Gabe deleted his tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

rovert posted:

Gabe deleted his tweets

That's so f***ing PC.