Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was a new Haruhi anime last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sakurazuka posted:

There was a new Haruhi anime last year

Wait, WHAT?!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The biggest Japan Is Weird About Voice Actors thing I can remember is when the the writers of the Tekken series de-aged Heihachi when the actor who voiced him as an old man died.

e: And I don't even go there.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, WHAT?!

It was an adaptation of a not especially good spin off manga

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, WHAT?!

DOn't get your hopes up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, WHAT?!

it was a comedy-romance thing focused on moe yuki nagato

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

It was an adaptation of a not especially good spin off manga

In Training posted:

DOn't get your hopes up.

Endorph posted:

it was a comedy-romance thing focused on moe yuki nagato

Goddammit.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hope fie returns for CSIII and comes back with a Vent Song Remix

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MotU posted:

hope fie returns for CSIII and comes back with a Fie's Cooking Power Hour Remix

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

I'm a fan of the theory that they stopped making haruhi stuff because aya hirano was publicly shamed for having sex

Thankfully she got to voice a better character in Gatchaman.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

sorry Fie's Cooking Power Hour can't top Millium's death toll in the thousands

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Thankfully she got to voice a better character in Gatchaman.

and she's in fairy tail and dragon ball z, so i imagine the lights are still on at the hirano household

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay I'm finally trying out the Mirrors in the Corridor and holy poo poo these guys are overpowered. This is amazing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Okay I'm finally trying out the Mirrors in the Corridor and holy poo poo these guys are overpowered. This is amazing.
if you notice they get like 10 CP a turn too

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Endorph posted:

if you notice they get like 10 CP a turn too

I did notice that! It's great, it means I can actually use all these awesome Crafts.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

https://twitter.com/banyacon/status/811069495699644416

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/812731123268730881

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

... irritable illusion?

I don't suppose they set any sort of (probably vague) ETA on this, did they?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Coding for individual chest lines strings is possible too it seems.

Edit:

Supremezero posted:

... irritable illusion?

I don't suppose they set any sort of (probably vague) ETA on this, did they?

From before Floofy took over. Also I believe Floofy said it won't be out until after XSEED released 3rd.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 24, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Coding for individual chest lines strings is possible too it seems.

Edit:

From before Floofy took over. Also I believe Floofy said it won't be out until after XSEED released 3rd.

What the heck is that. Is that secondary text box the illusion?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Supremezero posted:

What the heck is that. Is that secondary text box the illusion?

The secondary box was from the prior lead of the fan translation project, who was very anti-XSEED and said that if he handed the translation work over to XSEED, that's what he'd demand for it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
And it's dropped into the middle of the screen at a completely random point because...?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

To show people what a ridiculous idea it is to ask for such an outrageous sum for quality work like that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's a joke about him/her demanding a lot of money for a translation, juxtaposed against a screenshot showcasing the "quality" of said translation.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Supremezero posted:

And it's dropped into the middle of the screen at a completely random point because...?

To display the amusing contrast between his valuation of his teams ability and the quality of their translation. That is the joke.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

More importantly they managed to hack the voices from the evolution version in which is super cool

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hmmm. Am I wrong to think that this also hops over the barrier (... gets over the barrier?) of Ao? XSEED can't do it because there's no official PC version for them to work with, but I assume this team can just ignore that problem with the chinese version?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah they're doing Ao as well

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Supremezero posted:

Hmmm. Am I wrong to think that this also hops over the barrier (... gets over the barrier?) of Ao? XSEED can't do it because there's no official PC version for them to work with, but I assume this team can just ignore that problem with the chinese version?

Well they're working from the Japanese PC version of Zero, whereas Ao only has a Chinese PC version with a lot of DRM which doesn't like any edits made to files. They've also indicated that if XSEED announces an official localization of Zero, they'll drop the fan translation immediately. So I guess it depends on how easy Ao is to work with?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
XSEED: "So we can't officially tell you to go play Zero and Ao, because their translations are of technically questionable legality, but, uh, go play them to get what you missed and will probably be important for ToCSIII!"

Or something.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Supremezero posted:

XSEED: "So we can't officially tell you to go play Zero and Ao, because their translations are of technically questionable legality, but, uh, go play them to get what you missed and will probably be important for ToCSIII!"

Or something.

Or maybe it's Falcom: "We're not going out of our way to help make the Crossbell games available in the west, but we DID push our American partner to publish a story arc whose upcoming conclusion will heavily play into said Crossbell games."

Anyway, I'm not completely sure if touching Evo's voices is a good idea. Last thing I heard, Chara-Ani is anal enough about its property to shut down videos on YouTube.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Erpy posted:

Or maybe it's Falcom: "We're not going out of our way to help make the Crossbell games available in the west, but we DID push our American partner to publish a story arc whose upcoming conclusion will heavily play into said Crossbell games."

Anyway, I'm not completely sure if touching Evo's voices is a good idea. Last thing I heard, Chara-Ani is anal enough about its property to shut down videos on YouTube.

Basically everyone is anal enough about their property to shut down videos on YouTube. Hell, Youtube doesn't even ask the companies, they just shut down videos if they're flagged by anyone, and then they ask the company. "Youtube videos getting deleted" is not a high bar for being anal.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://trails.wikia.com/wiki/Category:NPCs

Who's your favorite inconsequential NPC

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

Your mum

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i suddenly am a lot more excited for this translation

it's cool that the project is being headed by a person who's actually competent now

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm unsure if a couple good editors can make up entirely for what sounded like a messy project, but I'll be optimistic.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Motto posted:

I'm unsure if a couple good editors can make up entirely for what sounded like a messy project, but I'll be optimistic.

Well, editing can at least avoid masterpieces such as "This drat younger brother! Younger brother bourgeoisie!"

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Motto posted:

Well as far as I can tell the translation is correct, just overly literal to the point it is completely incomprehensible in English. So actual editing should help.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Terper posted:

Rinon is awesome. He gives you a cooking guide, free cookies, he sells Stregas, gets embarrassed by his mom, then realizes destiny and his mom are in cahoots and he ends up liking the houseguest his mom brought along for real.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Well as far as I can tell the translation is correct, just overly literal to the point it is completely incomprehensible in English. So actual editing should help.

Yeah, the former project lead specifically asked for overly literal translation submissions so he could add his own twist to the lines, despite not being familiar with the Japanese context. (which quite a few die-hard fans thought was a horrible idea) This contextualisation that the editors now have to do is usually part of the translators' jobs, so essentially they'll be doing a partial retranslation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

calling them editors is underselling them a bit, they've been translating things for a while. i don't know where they're at on programming but i think it's ok to be optimistic about the translation