Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Don't try to give Wheelie any shame.
I really think it's kind of lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I guess it could be worse, he could be Seaspray. Or Powerglide.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 26, 2016

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
And awaaaaay we go!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like Seaspray. There was a rumored Seaspray in the same wave as Brawn, kinda... Actually kinda wish they'd come up with more 'con minibots using later era stuff.

My TT Wheelie tabs together flawlessly. I let my sister open the box and play with it, she was quite amused.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I found a G2 Seaspray in a snow drift on the way to school around 2003 or so, I always thought he was cool and I liked the Bay movies version from a few years back. Why do people hate him?

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

WickedHate posted:

Man some bad opinions ITT.

Honestly worse ones belong to Thew's friend doing the mediocre DR Smoove sort of series who seems to really hate Windblade.

Yeah that Machinima show was pretty crap but most TF animation has bad characters and stupid poo poo in it. (Animated, Prime, and Beast Wars are more or less exceptions rather than the norm. The comics have almost always had better stuff overall. Even some of the more infamous Budiansky stuff is still better than most of the G1 cartoon. Even Carwash of Doom. But I like EVIL ACCOUNTANT RATBAT for some reason. Plus Ratchet, Blaster, Grimlock, Bludgeon. So much goodness. Even the infamous Prime death issue at least had a good concept buried within a Doofy as hell execution.)

Vvvv most Gobot toys are kickass, especially for their scale. Even Gobot combiners owned the G1s. No parts needed for Puzzler or Monsterous. And the Powersuits had full part storage. Was the show even dumber than G1? From what I remember yeah. The toys had some great ones though. Yeah the first Super Gobots were kinda poo poo compared to Diaclone TFs but Leader 1 and Cy kill and Defendor were tight. And Microman Minicars didn't really have poo poo on normal Gobots. Vvvvv

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 27, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Tighclops posted:

I found a G2 Seaspray in a snow drift on the way to school around 2003 or so, I always thought he was cool and I liked the Bay movies version from a few years back. Why do people hate him?

His voice and general silly appearance just strike me as very...goofy. Even his alt mode is kind of kiddy. Now, yes, we're talking about an 80s children's cartoon, but he feels more like a lovely Go-Bot. Maybe I'd like him more if he didn't talk like a goober and had a less bright deco.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Hello, I think Powerglide is the best robot especially when he's a cute little guy like the original or the Maketoys one.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Powerglide I understand my distaste for a lot less. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This is a rumored Leader Class Optimus for the next movie

But.. how?

People were pointing out it has stuff in common with Prime First Edition OP, and from the chest and hidden shoulder wheels it could have a similar transformation I guess.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackheart posted:

This is a rumored Leader Class Optimus for the next movie

But.. how?

People were pointing out it has stuff in common with Prime First Edition OP, and from the chest and hidden shoulder wheels it could have a similar transformation I guess.

AT LONG LAST

A WORTHY SUCCESSOR TO THE ROTF LEADER

2017 is gonna be a good year for engineering.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Assuming it actually transforms.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean it's a really blurry, uncolored prototype, but it soesnt really look good to me. Barely even looks like a transformer. A lot of movie designs, as spindly and ugly as they were, had an okay amount of stuff to say what it turned into, but that's just a robot dude with smokestacks on his back.

If it somehow transforms from that into a convincing truck, it will be a marvel of engineering

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

But.. how?
Carefully positioned photography angle that conceals the giant folded up truck backpack?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
There's kibble on the backs of the forearms too, and the legs deffo have some stuff going on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People on FB claim it's not a HasTak figure but is in fact 3P.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Carefully positioned photography angle that conceals the giant folded up truck backpack?

Doesn't seem so unless they straight up removed any back kibble for the pic. Not sure why they'd do that if this doesn't even look like it's supposed to be public.

It's still a rumored official toy anyway, it could be just some dude's ACTIONMASTER CUSTOM!

Rhyno posted:

People on FB claim it's not a HasTak figure but is in fact 3P.

or this!

e: yeah the same guy who originally posted it says it's apparently not HasTak doing it (Daimchoc, who is usually a trustworthy source for this stuff... I think)

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 27, 2016

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

WickedHate posted:

I'll fight you.

Twice.

Those are my two favorite Minicon toys from G1.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think the main thing people have against Seaspray is probably because he is the designated "water guy" and rarely do they get something to do. They just sit and hope for a fight in a resurfaced Atlantis or something.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
RotF Seaspray was kinda great, tho.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Zaa Boogie posted:

RotF Seaspray was kinda great, tho.

Quarterback Seaspray was fantastic. Even more so his mate Breacher.

God I love Breacher. :allears: Bots rotate in and out of my shelves all the time, but Breacher is constant.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Powerglide rules. He's a pimp. Pimpin' ain't easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PXIdwdqDyg

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

My wife found these wonderful Happy Meal containers from 1987 in a box of old memories from her childhood, she actually found two of them and I know they are not true Transformers but I know a lot of you on here love these McChangers and other odd transforming toys. This is a really cool item in my opinion and looks great displayed with my Transformers and McChangers, now I have to go on Ebay and try and track down the few that I am missing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Still better than the Rock Lords.

A licensed Transformers Happy Meal eventually got turned into a real character with a loving Combiner Wars toy.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

The_Doctor posted:

Quarterback Seaspray was fantastic. Even more so his mate Breacher.

God I love Breacher. :allears: Bots rotate in and out of my shelves all the time, but Breacher is constant.

I do love that big beefy hovercraft boy haha. Seeing him always makes me wish they came out with that planned Cosmos who looked real beefy too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rythe posted:

My wife found these wonderful Happy Meal containers from 1987 in a box of old memories from her childhood, she actually found two of them and I know they are not true Transformers but I know a lot of you on here love these McChangers and other odd transforming toys. This is a really cool item in my opinion and looks great displayed with my Transformers and McChangers, now I have to go on Ebay and try and track down the few that I am missing.

I had so many of the small fry guys. You don't even know.

you don't even know

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I'm sure I had the shake one

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rythe posted:

If it's not too much trouble, could you maybe take some straight-on high quality photos of those? They're amazing.

I'm assuming you're keeping them, right? If not, I'd take them because they're neat as hell.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Good Listener posted:

I do love that big beefy hovercraft boy haha. Seeing him always makes me wish they came out with that planned Cosmos who looked real beefy too.

Inexplicably I never picked him up, or the repaint. His feet have flip-out swim flippers. What the gently caress, Phy.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I made the rather foolhardy decision to go to Lakeside today, which is one of Britain's biggest malls. If anyone else is thinking about it, don't bother with Toys R Us. I don't know why I even try with the UK stores, it's pretty clear they don't want to even stock Transformers stuff, and they certainly don't want anyone to buy it. Pathetic selection and completely overpriced. Smyths toys was quite a bit better, although nothing worth buying. But at least they recognise they're never going to shift leader-classes at £30 so they're £20 (if they had Ultra Magnus, I'd surely have gone for it), and had some other quite fair reductions. Guys like Highbrow and Mindwipe retailing at £17 is ridiculous though. The Range was probably the best shop - and all they had was a pair of Roadbusters and a massive Predaking (the Terrorcon non-combiner), all for a tenner each.

Came away with plenty of non-TF crap at least! Also took better part of half an hour to find a parking spot. Go consumerism.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've been to the same Smyths twice in a few weeks and the amount of stock varied wildly, I think it's just a matter of luck and when you visit in relation to a restock.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Rythe posted:

I have several of the toys still kicking around. I also have a few of the line where they were retooled to turn into dinosaurs from a few years later.

The_Doctor posted:

You know they come with instructions right? :ohdear:

Also, that Bludgeon is up for preorder: http://thechosenprime.com/DNADS01

Oh my. I need to do some sudden budget rejiggering.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Captain Blaargh posted:

I have several of the toys still kicking around. I also have a few of the line where they were retooled to turn into dinosaurs from a few years later.

If you want to ever off load a few let me know I need to fill out a few more.

Captain Invictus posted:

If it's not too much trouble, could you maybe take some straight-on high quality photos of those? They're amazing.

I'm assuming you're keeping them, right? If not, I'd take them because they're neat as hell.

I'll try and take a few up close photos tonight and post them. I'll hold on to them for now, I love old Transformers and Lego advertising.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 27, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This GDW-01 transformation looks terrifying:

https://www.facebook.com/gcreationchina/videos/1695947224030464/

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Definitely worthy of busting out that music for. loving hell that's a transformation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'd ordered 8 Fort Maxes from Entertainment Earth for 90 bucks earlier in the month, saw them for 75 and contacted them about price matching my order with the current price, and they're going to refund the difference, which is cool of them. Cool enough that I'm going to order 8 more Fort Maxes from them :unsmigghh:

I had a Metroplex that I bought for myself and never wound up opening that I sold for nearly four times what I paid, so I figure at that low a clearance price, there's little chance I won't make at least double my investment on Fort Matryoshka.

noooooo thanks!

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

That's a pretty in-depth transformation but i'm more concerned with how a Jiangshi got a hold of one...

Chinese vampire that according to lore has really long nails.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Bloody hell. That's actually quite disappointing to me as I love the robot mode and dig the alt mode but gently caress that noise, life's too short for all that fiddly nonsense.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I'd ordered 8 Fort Maxes from Entertainment Earth for 90 bucks earlier in the month, saw them for 75 and contacted them about price matching my order with the current price, and they're going to refund the difference, which is cool of them. Cool enough that I'm going to order 8 more Fort Maxes from them :unsmigghh:

I had a Metroplex that I bought for myself and never wound up opening that I sold for nearly four times what I paid, so I figure at that low a clearance price, there's little chance I won't make at least double my investment on Fort Matryoshka.

noooooo thanks!

You're the devil.
Unless they STILL have plenty of stock of course.
But this intetnion makes you the debil.

Whereas I'm sitting here, wishing I had the hundred pounds to buy him from A1 but I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't feel bad buying things in bulk on clearance, he's been available for months. I don't stock up on limited stuff when it's brand new, but once they're being cleared out for new stock, all bets are off.