Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm looking forward to an adaptation of Notes, coming 2034

Same, but with the Tsukimike VN remake that was announced nearly a decade ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

Is Angra supposed to be really rare in the friend gacha? I've gotten only one despite obviously having doing many, many friend gacha rolls.

edit: I'm looking forward to the Rider ascension daily tomorrow, since I need gold Rider statues to finally finish ascending Quetzalcoatl and the Rider ascension quest also drops dragon fangs, which I also need to ascend Mordred (who I've kinda made lower priority since I already have an NP2 Arturia).

I have been rolling in the Friendship gacha for 9 months since he's been put in there and don't even have one

His drop rate is rarer than a 5*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Baal posted:

I have been rolling in the Friendship gacha for 9 months since he's been put in there and don't even have one

His drop rate is rarer than a 5*

Ah wow, that explains that. Is it just me or are his skills/NP really bad? Like, it seems like his NP is immensely lovely and can't do more than about 20k damage under the best circumstances (if I'm understanding it correctly).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ytlaya posted:

Ah wow, that explains that. Is it just me or are his skills/NP really bad? Like, it seems like his NP is immensely lovely and can't do more than about 20k damage under the best circumstances (if I'm understanding it correctly).

You're completely right. Angra is bad on purpose, he's lore appropriate.

He's also mah boy and I'm gonna keep leveling him and using him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

You're completely right. Angra is bad on purpose, he's lore appropriate.

He's also mah boy and I'm gonna keep leveling him and using him.

Yeah, though it would have been more lore appropriate for the NP to at least do more damage (a proportional amount would be more "realistic" but also overpowered, but they could have at least increased the multiplier used).

Out of curiosity, why is Gilgamesh considered pretty good? Is it because he generates a lot of stars with his attacks? That's the only thing that seems to really stand out about him. His NP is also pretty decent against servants (which fortunately make up a significant portion of difficult battles), though not exceptional.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, though it would have been more lore appropriate for the NP to at least do more damage (a proportional amount would be more "realistic" but also overpowered, but they could have at least increased the multiplier used).

Out of curiosity, why is Gilgamesh considered pretty good? Is it because he generates a lot of stars with his attacks? That's the only thing that seems to really stand out about him. His NP is also pretty decent against servants (which fortunately make up a significant portion of difficult battles), though not exceptional.

Trust me, his NP being so weak is as lore appropriate as it's going to get. Proportional damage would make it more useful but less accurate, as it's pointed out that all the 'pain' inflicted is mental/spiritual; stronger Servants can explicitly tank it, and it doesn't actually do lasting damage.

Anyways, Gilgamesh is good because of his amazing hit counts, which let him A: generate a decent amount of stars, and more importantly B: increase his NP meter by a huge ton, especially with Golden Rule. As far as 5* Archers go, he's pretty plug and play, and his NP effect lets him do good damage against Servants despite being AoE.

Twib fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 28, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm really hoping there's an extra class on the new years gacha, because if there's not I'm gonna probably roll paid gacha for Rider or Archer and take my chances with the normal gacha when Fate/Zero Rerun happens on Waver.

EDIT: We're getting a rerun of last year's paid gacha and I'm assuming we'all get a 2017 one shortly after.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 28, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Angra can np harder if you bother to set up a HP up team. Kairi ce also works wonder.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I'm 10 minutes into KNK 4 and Shiki tried to push her eyes in gah

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I don't know how to beat Goetia. :(

I could grab friend Shouten to skill seal but I don't have anyone for party wide invincibility/dodge.

I can sacrifice my front line, and then grab Waver or Merlin; but Goetia was hitting my poo poo in for 7k each turn I'm not sure how to stall long enough to actually deal damage and none of my Servants are above bond level 7.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't know how to beat Goetia. :(

I could grab friend Shouten to skill seal but I don't have anyone for party wide invincibility/dodge.

I can sacrifice my front line, and then grab Waver or Merlin; but Goetia was hitting my poo poo in for 7k each turn I'm not sure how to stall long enough to actually deal damage and none of my Servants are above bond level 7.

Another viable option is Waver with Iri+any 50% starting NP CE so you can give the party Guts turn 1 and keep a front row. The rest of the NPs don't hit too hard, at least.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God drat that scene with Enjou's parents

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

HiveCommander posted:

Another viable option is Waver with Iri+any 50% starting NP CE so you can give the party Guts turn 1 and keep a front row. The rest of the NPs don't hit too hard, at least.

How does that front line survive though in the turns after that? Do you manage to heal up faster than he can hit for?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Also I'm 10 minutes into KNK 4 and Shiki tried to push her eyes in gah

Yeah it was gross and made me close my eyes real quick

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SPIRAL PARADOX IS SO GOOD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why didn't I watch these movies sooner

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Captain Baal posted:

Good question, but I'm glad you're enjoying Spiral Paradox, it is the poo poo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is not even overhype, this is the same feeling of loving amazement at what I was experiencing since I first read UBW eight years ago. I got a similar feeling when Babylon happened too, but Spiral Paradox was beyond amazing. I would seriously consider spending the 300 bucks for the collection thing that Aniplex has I have enjoyed watching these movies so much.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Captain Baal posted:

This is not even overhype, this is the same feeling of loving amazement at what I was experiencing since I first read UBW eight years ago. I got a similar feeling when Babylon happened too, but Spiral Paradox was beyond amazing. I would seriously consider spending the 300 bucks for the collection thing that Aniplex has I have enjoyed watching these movies so much.
I was so close to pulling the trigger when it first came out, but it's so much money for a set that honestly has kind of poo poo video quality (it's an extremely noticeable upscale). For how well animated those movies are they deserved better.

Spiral Paradox is the best KnK film/story but I also really like Future Gospel. It wrapped a bow super nicely around KnK, much more so than the actual final movie & epilogue.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So, does raising a Servants Bond Level do anything before maxing it out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It unlocks certain servant strengthening missions

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You need 5 for the strengthening missions and for 6 - 9 you get apples or quartz, depending on the rarity. On 10 you get the CE

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Captain Baal posted:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Dr Pepper posted:

So, does raising a Servants Bond Level do anything before maxing it out.

The Solomon fights give Servants with bond levels from 5 to 10 a power boost. Level 1 to 5 also unlock Bond Lines in My Room, though that probably doesn't mean much to you.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I really gotta finish Kara no Kyoukai myself but I lost the files when my drive failed me. :(

One of my students at the highschool I teach at has it on his "TODO" list when I last accessed his computer to update Unity3d, he's going places for sure.

His buddy apparently didn't like either Fate/Zero or Unlimited Bladeworks which just baffles me; he has bad taste clearly.

e: Aaaaaaaargh. 10 Attempts and no luck beating Goetia. I might have to burn quartz if 3 Command Seals doesn't do it once they're finished recharging.

Also I'll try borrowing a Support Mashu, I figure one will pop up soon. I figure Iri, Support Mashu, and I dunno, Rider Martha? I'm kinda lacking any decently leveled Single target Buster Servants that have class advantage and survivability.

Wish I had Ibaraki, apparently she does decently well. I could try Shiki instead with the 50% Guts CE, I've seen it proc 4 times in a row now.

Putting in Iri kinda only delays things by 2 turns. Waver doesn't defend for long enough or good enough to stop people from dying in two hits from Goetia's kamehameha.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 29, 2016

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The extra outfit has a one use buff block that will prevent him from supercharging his NP in the first turn. That will let you use evasion and invincibility skills such as David's.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kyte posted:

The extra outfit has a one use buff block that will prevent him from supercharging his NP in the first turn. That will let you use evasion and invincibility skills such as David's.

I neglected all of my 3*'s except for the Cu Lancers for the Ibaraki events. T_T I've always had a 4* or 5* to level up between events.

e: I feel like I'm once more playing lego's missing half the box and the other half somehow don't fit together to build me a drat castle!

e2: TADIS Mashu and Iri + Extra Skill Seal seems to have bought me like 20 turns until a freak +2 NP build that was by all rights kind of bullshit.

e3: Whelp, Iri died as I decided not to use Command Seals. But I feel like this is a good formula, except maybe I should swap Helena for Shiki so I have more of a DPS, but then again Helena occassionally should reduce Goetia's total dps by reducing debug resistance and crit chance, hrm..

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 29, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you're having that much trouble, you really should just break out the quartz revives. It's the final battle, no need to be stingy. Even Nasu encourages it!

There's a lot of team comps that can legitimately take on Goetia, but if you don't have them you don't have them. No sense burning apples on the fight.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

If you're having that much trouble, you really should just break out the quartz revives. It's the final battle, no need to be stingy. Even Nasu encourages it!

There's a lot of team comps that can legitimately take on Goetia, but if you don't have them you don't have them. No sense burning apples on the fight.

I have like 200 but I haven't burnt any yet do to holiday stuff. I managed to get Goetia to 700k as Necromancer-Mordred master dude CE kept Shiki alive for longer than Herk's CE does! I wish it's LB boosted to 75% rather than 1000 HP!

I'll burn Quartz eventually probably just so I can get Mashu back :mad:

For now Friend Mashu seems like it *could* work albeit after 50 turns of stall and a couple of Command Seals/All Three for Mass revives. And then/maybe Herk with Bond CE.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

I told you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Saw this on the chans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4eRXn31yM

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao that final tsubame gaeshi

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Forgot I had Bedivere from the Camelot story. Is he worth leveling up or should I put my Saber cards into levelling Ruler Martha?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Instead of leveling my stronger Servants I find myself trying to unlock and clear all the Interludes and Strengthening quests.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Captain Baal posted:

i'm having my friend watch it tonight, he's seen like half of fate/zero and none of KnK but I just want to see what happens when spiral paradox is the entry point into the series. that all sounds well and good but lets be real I just want to watch spiral paradox again lmao

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Berserker is the strongest in the whole world!!!

It was a little clutch in that I burnt two Command Seals to keep Herk's NP going but he pulled through for me.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

Forgot I had Bedivere from the Camelot story. Is he worth leveling up or should I put my Saber cards into levelling Ruler Martha?

Bedivere's actually pretty good, but he's crippled by being a Story Gacha only servant so it's really hard to get him to NP5.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Instead of leveling my stronger Servants I find myself trying to unlock and clear all the Interludes and Strengthening quests.

Weclome to my life. 12 strengthening quests to go, and about half of them are gated by loving dust or gears. :suicide:

Also the Paid Gacha will be split like so:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

Three Servants I want for sure fall into Zerker/Sassin/Caster, maybe one or two fall into Ruler/Archer.

Right now I feel like I have some of the best Lancers/Sabers in the game and could use some better top gear quality support Servants or star gens.

e: Martha Ruler, Irisviel, and Support Jeanne are just making the final boss fight a waiting game :D

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

BlitzBlast posted:

Bedivere's actually pretty good, but he's crippled by being a Story Gacha only servant so it's really hard to get him to NP5.

Weclome to my life. 12 strengthening quests to go, and about half of them are gated by loving dust or gears. :suicide:

No limited servants huh? :sigh: Well I'll pick the second one then, I'm only missing a 5 star Rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Woo! Cleared without spending my precious quartz!