Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Otacon posted:

you tried to shoot me yesterday

and then asked in chat what the pink semi-circle around my blip was

goons.txt

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Is the sale bonus still up?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
A friend of mine just got the game for PS4, is it still possible for us to create an account on an Xbox 360 and transfer the character to GTA online and him get the bonus $500k AFTER he makes his PS4 guy? My sister has an Xbox copy but it will be a few weeks before I can set that up.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Preechr posted:

Is the sale bonus still up?

nah the sell bonus was only on Christmas eve and Christmas day

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Otacon posted:

you tried to shoot me yesterday

and then asked in chat what the pink semi-circle around my blip was

I didn't shoot you. Just pointed that handheld grenade launcher thing until you backed off. Still figuring out the finer details.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The snow will be back for New Year's Eve and New Years, so maybe the sale bonus will return (probably not)

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
More snow for me to miss, as I will be (quite likely) driving in the snow back to Colorado.

:(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Akion posted:

More snow for me to miss, as I will be (quite likely) driving in the snow back to Colorado.

:(

If you want to veer randomly across the road and try not to lose control of the car you can recreate the experience.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Met posted:

ZestyCrabLegs in-game here. Been doing heists with a few of you.

Post in this thread with a link to your rockstar social club profile http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

I'm living in a box.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

geeves posted:

:allears:

If someone wants to write a new one, I'll replace it.

Come back bitch

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

OwlFancier posted:

If you want to drive a muscle car you can recreate the experience.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the weed sell mission where you get stoned is so loving lovely. why cant they just have the cool weed effect and let you drive normally. ive driven stoned plenty of times and it doesnt turn the end of every highway barrier into a car magnet

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

HORMELCHILI posted:

the weed sell mission where you get stoned is so loving lovely. why cant they just have the cool weed effect and let you drive normally. ive driven stoned plenty of times and it doesnt turn the end of every highway barrier into a car magnet

Thanks for putting the rest of us on the road at risk

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SisterFister posted:

Come back bitch

He broke the cycle and got out, let him be happy in his new life.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

Powershift posted:

He broke the cycle and got out, let him be happy in his new life.

No.

Come back Geeves we miss you

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I haven't played with Geeves for about 2 and a half years, and it has left a void in my life that nothing can fill. :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I haven't played with Geeves for about 2 and a half years, and it has left a void in my life that nothing can fill. :(

not even a 25% bonus on crate sales?

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

SisterFister posted:

No.

Come back Geeves we miss you

Mainly because you randomly showed up blitzed out of your mind and talking about how you want to lay us down in the grass and gently caress.

That's really the only reason. Because it sounds romantic.

Edit: since I'm here and all.. has anyone else had issues with the cargobob randomly dropping cars? I'm using mine to steal cars and it randomly drops them on the way to my garage. Pootbarn said his works fine, but he's a lying bitch sometimes.

Quicksand_Jesus fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 27, 2016

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Mainly because you randomly showed up blitzed out of your mind and talking about how you want to lay us down in the grass and gently caress.

That's really the only reason. Because it sounds romantic.

Edit: since I'm here and all.. has anyone else had issues with the cargobob randomly dropping cars? I'm using mine to steal cars and it randomly drops them on the way to my garage. Pootbarn said his works fine, but he's a lying bitch sometimes.

It works fine if you are the host of the session.

If the host is dogshit, it randomly drops cars, and by randomly, i mean it will wait until the car is over a swimming pool.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The cargobob seems rock solid in solo sessions and drops cars when there are other players present (even if they're on the far side of the map). So I assume it's a desync issue.

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

It works fine if you are the host of the session.

If the host is dogshit, it randomly drops cars, and by randomly, i mean it will wait until the car is over a swimming pool.

I've had that exact thing happen at least 3 times now.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Pen Expers posted:

I've had that exact thing happen at least 3 times now.

I always assumed it was due to jerky movement or the car swinging around too wildly, but when we were running cars the other night you had one drop three times in one run and always during smooth, forward flight so yeah.... desync or something.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
One simple trick insurgent drivers don't want you to know about :

https://gfycat.com/ThunderousMildAnnashummingbird

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I always knew horses were badrear end people.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm finding the vehicle missions fun so far. They're easy enough to do solo and take minimal time or effort even if you get a good enough fairly full room. I never did any of the CEO buy/sell missions or an MC and might keep it that way.

Is a Cargobob a worthwhile purchase to cheese these?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Cargobob is always a worthwhile purchase.

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is a Cargobob a worthwhile purchase to cheese these?

Wee Bairns posted:

Cargobob is always a worthwhile purchase.

Wee Bairns said it best, it's absolutely worth it for the cheese.... even when the cars occasionally detach from the hook for no apparent reason. It's kind of like Russian roulette, but without the bonus of death.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I never used a cargobob before so I bought one for these missions and I'm racking up 30 grand repair bills because I'm such a scrub with it!!! I can floss a forest with a buzzard in FPV but I can't pick a car up to save my life in a bob.

She takes practice :eng99:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It does, but if you're doing a lot of solo import/export, it's going to save you money fast once you do learn how to do it. Collecting a car, most cases you can just fly over NPCs and save yourself $5k in bulletholes. Sales, same thing. Fly high enough and the NPCs don't even target you with their aimbotty bullshit.

occasionally when the import mission spawns buzzards you're gonna catch some fire but I've found they tend to target the Cargobob and not you, so just go straight for your warehouse - it's $200 for another one from Pegasus vs $5k in damages, so, still worth it.

That said, if you have to buy a warehouse and a cargobob and expect to start making money, I hope you really, really like import/export.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Better trick that would've killed them in 1/10th the time: auto-aim at the driver's head with the special carbine. Somehow people don't get this so Lasagna and I usually clear out lobbies with impunity.

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

Zigmidge posted:

I never used a cargobob before so I bought one for these missions and I'm racking up 30 grand repair bills because I'm such a scrub with it!!! I can floss a forest with a buzzard in FPV but I can't pick a car up to save my life in a bob.

She takes practice :eng99:

She's definitely got a big ol' fat rear end, but once you get used to flying it, it's actually not bad at all.

As with all things flying/driving, it's MUCH easier with a gamepad. Xbox One pads are great and have native MSFT drivers now, even the vibration works flawlessly without any setup. Get one if you don't have one!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I found your problem

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

Psion posted:

I found your problem

I forget that many of you nerds play on PC, but on PS4 it's much better than trying to find someone's head with the analog stick

E: And in the case of that gif, still would've killed them much faster than the minigun

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If you have a friend in the session, could you have them sit in the driver's seat to right the car if it drops?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
You guys are talking about using a cargobob for regular old import/export missions, but the one where you're actually required to use a cargobob, do you have to steal the cargobob they tell you to in order to progress to getting the car, or if you have pegasus deliver yours will it just say hey he's in a cargobob and give you the location of the car?

Also, do you guys always bother getting out and killing everyone guarding it on the ship or just fly in and lift the car? I'm always paranoid about damage so I try to kill them first but it probably isn't worth the time.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

davebo posted:

You guys are talking about using a cargobob for regular old import/export missions, but the one where you're actually required to use a cargobob, do you have to steal the cargobob they tell you to in order to progress to getting the car, or if you have pegasus deliver yours will it just say hey he's in a cargobob and give you the location of the car?

Also, do you guys always bother getting out and killing everyone guarding it on the ship or just fly in and lift the car? I'm always paranoid about damage so I try to kill them first but it probably isn't worth the time.

On the cargobob-required missions I just got in my Pegasus one and it changed the objective to the boat. I bother getting out and killing the guards because if I don't they gently caress up my Cargobob something fierce and I usually have to do a quick landing and drive the car the rest of the way in before the engines cut out which defeats the point. In that sense I think it's worth the time :shrug:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

it also only costs $200 to leave the office in a cargobob where the savage is like $3000. it makes the stupid tailing missions easier, too. Just stealthily follow the guy from the air in a big-rear end helicopter.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

And how many hours to break even if you have to invest in a warehouse and Cargobob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I don't know, how painful is it to wax one hair at a time?

• Locked thread