Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

FogHelmut posted:

That may be a restriction. I still see it though. It gives me "invalid coupon code" if I click again.

Yeah the banner image just says 2016's Hip-Hop and R&B hits (Drake + more top songs) if you're already subscribed.
In theory this is the link for people who are not: http://play.google.com/music/listen?signup=1&coupontype=vanity&coupon=YEAREND120

Also you should timg Fog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

DemonMage posted:

Yeah the banner image just says 2016's Hip-Hop and R&B hits (Drake + more top songs) if you're already subscribed.
In theory this is the link for people who are not: http://play.google.com/music/listen?signup=1&coupontype=vanity&coupon=YEAREND120

As a subscriber, that link just takes me to the upgrade to a family plan page.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

DemonMage posted:

As a former sub it tells me offer is only valid to new users.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a good basic editing app? Just basic image rotation and cropping sort of thing.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

Weird, I had it for about a year and a half and had cancelled this past June. I'm on Project Fi as of recently, but I didn't see anything mentioned as it being a perk.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

YggiDee posted:

Is there a good basic editing app? Just basic image rotation and cropping sort of thing.

Every photo app should have an editor built-in, including Google Photos, but if those aren't to your liking, you can also try Snapseed.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

TwistedNails posted:

As a former subscriber who cancelled sometime around September, subscribing from the menu in the Play Music app gave me the four months free offer.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I did the trial a couple of months ago and it won't let me do this one so there's probably a cut off point of like three months

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

Qylvaran posted:

As a former subscriber who cancelled sometime around September, subscribing from the menu in the Play Music app gave me the four months free offer.

I'm also a former subscriber who got the four-month offer.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Qylvaran posted:

Sweet, I'll try that out. Thanks

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

TwistedNails posted:

I've had it previously, probably as recently as August or so... and it gave me 4 months free now. In Canada too.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Tapet was just updated to add a colour palette maker. This is a pretty significant update and is just about the one feature the app was missing, in my opinion.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Montalvo posted:

Tapet was just updated to add a colour palette maker. This is a pretty significant update and is just about the one feature the app was missing, in my opinion.

Tapet (premium) is one of the most worthwhile app purchases I've made, highly recommend to anyone who doesn't have it.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I tried subbing through the app and still no free 4 months, I really only wanted it for ad-free youtube though so oh well. I use Spotify for music and still have 3 more months left on that sub anyway.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Tapet (premium) is one of the most worthwhile app purchases I've made, highly recommend to anyone who doesn't have it.

I don't even use Tapet (because my dog is loving adorable), but I just bought the premium version because it's $1.50 and I had enough Google funbux that I didn't mind throwing a few toward a hardworking dev.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

XIII posted:

I don't even use Tapet (because my dog is loving adorable), but I just bought the premium version because it's $1.50 and I had enough Google funbux that I didn't mind throwing a few toward a hardworking dev.

Same. I still prefer Google wallpapers because i like sceneries but i have no qualms spending fun bux on another app.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Montalvo posted:

Tapet seems nice enough but when I downloaded it to try it out, a little while later it decides to change my wallpaper to something random and gives me a notification about how I just got a free premium wallpaper and I should upgrade, so I uninstalled it immediately after that.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

datajosh posted:

a little while later it decides to change my wallpaper to something random

Um, that's kind of the point of it

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Skarsnik posted:

Um, that's kind of the point of it
I probably should have pointed out that it wasn't enabled at the time

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

datajosh posted:

Tapet seems nice enough but when I downloaded it to try it out, a little while later it decides to change my wallpaper to something random and gives me a notification about how I just got a free premium wallpaper and I should upgrade, so I uninstalled it immediately after that.

It rotates wallpaper like that by default, check the settings to change the interval, etc

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You can disable the 'free premium' content from being generated too.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

gently caress, I guess I should've looked deeper in the settings instead of just playing around with the patterns and colors

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

datajosh posted:

gently caress, I guess I should've looked deeper in the settings instead of just playing around with the patterns and colors

There are a bunch of settings and I really can't blame anyone for not looking at them all

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Have a strange issue that keeps popping up for me. I have a llama event setup that when it connects to my cars bluetooth it increases the volume to max and starts spotify. Most of the time this works, but sometimes it will either start the Samsung music player or Poweramp and play one of the default ringtones.

I've uninstalled Poweramp and all it does is swap back to using the Samsung Music app. I've tried to disable the app but no luck there. I've removed any default app settings and it will still start playing the same damm ringtone about 1 in every 5 times I start driving even if I have spotify already running and playing music.

Any ideas?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

diremonk posted:

:words:
Any ideas?

I use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp2.start.and.play.music.player

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

Thread, I currently have over $100 in Google Play credit and a Pixel XL and Nvidia Shield K1, and would like some suggestions for premium apps that would be worth picking up. I currently have Tasker, BeyondPod Premium, Talon for Twitter, and Solid Explorer. I've looked over stuff like the top lists in the play store but didn't necessarily see anything that would be worth picking up. If you were in my shoes, what would you be looking to grab?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tapet and weather timeline are good

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Something I noticed today: the places you can 'save' in Google Maps don't sync up between the Maps mobile app and Maps on the web.

It's the little things, Google :argh:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Reacean posted:

Thread, I currently have over $100 in Google Play credit and a Pixel XL and Nvidia Shield K1, and would like some suggestions for premium apps that would be worth picking up. I currently have Tasker, BeyondPod Premium, Talon for Twitter, and Solid Explorer. I've looked over stuff like the top lists in the play store but didn't necessarily see anything that would be worth picking up. If you were in my shoes, what would you be looking to grab?

Emby or Plex if you wanna set up a personal streaming network.

I'd probably pay for a fancy camera app with manual controls, but I doubt you need one with a Pixel.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

spincube posted:

Something I noticed today: the places you can 'save' in Google Maps don't sync up between the Maps mobile app and Maps on the web.

They sync for me :confused:

Have you tried troubleshooting the issue?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

spincube posted:

They definitely sync up for me too.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

They sync for me :confused:

Have you tried troubleshooting the issue?

I wouldn't even know where to start. Web and App activity and location reporting is on on my phone, but places starred on the web don't transfer over to the mobile app; and likewise the lists and saved places on my phone don't appear on the web. I just assumed it's typical Google to not have anything join up like that

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

spincube posted:

I wouldn't even know where to start. Web and App activity and location reporting is on on my phone, but places starred on the web don't transfer over to the mobile app; and likewise the lists and saved places on my phone don't appear on the web. I just assumed it's typical Google to not have anything join up like that

In the maps app, swipe out the menu, go to My Places, is there anything there? If so, those don't appear in your desktop browser? Are you signed in?

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ah hold on, I think I've found the wrinkle: Maps on the web only saves and retrieves places using the 'Starred' list, which also appears on the mobile app. The Maps mobile app also lets you save places into different, separate, renamable lists, which don't show up at all on the web unless they're also saved into the 'Starred' list which OK yeah is kind of a work-around, but :argh:.

spincube fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 29, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

spincube posted:

Ah hold on, I think I've found the wrinkle: Maps on the web only saves and retrieves places using the 'Starred' list, which also appears on the mobile app. The Maps mobile app also lets you save places into different, separate, renamable lists, which don't show up at all on the web unless they're also saved into the 'Starred' list which OK yeah is kind of a work-around, but :argh:.

Yet another situation where the thread title applies very well.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there a particular recommendation for a VNC viewer?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hooah posted:

Is there a particular recommendation for a VNC viewer?
If you just mean remote stuff in general then the official Microsoft RDP app is pretty good, as is Chrome Remote Desktop app. If you mean an actual VNC client, which you may well do, then no idea but this has decent reviews.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Seconded. All that stuff works well. I just use the normal VNC viewer and Microsoft RDP app over a VPN.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Are there any good scientific calculator apps? I don't need to be as fully featured as a TI-84, but I would like to be able to at least have that sort of input style. I've been messing with HiPER, which seems like a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

spincube posted:

Works fine for me. Not sure if it's instant.