Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
With that high school guy, how did he simultaneously wear no shirt and a DK t-shirt to his mock trial? If you're going to make up poo poo, at least make sure the details make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"shirt" as in dress shirt or however you wanna call them. It's not that hard to figure out.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

My favourite bit is him being "accountant" to the school's pot dealers. Like they need to claim skins back on their taxes or something.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Fathis Munk posted:

"shirt" as in dress shirt or however you wanna call them. It's not that hard to figure out.

Given that it was right next to socks, I thought he had meant shoes that first time.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Flint_Paper posted:

My favourite bit is him being "accountant" to the school's pot dealers. Like they need to claim skins back on their taxes or something.

He gave them the idea to sell it at a "baked sell" get it? Before then they had no idea what to do with weed and how to make money off it from high school kids.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A minor one but I have gone to that Detroit Coney Island. It's real and they did the same on Christmas.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
why do I suspect that the uncle who wore a princess dress to the movies to help out his niece routinely wears that dress?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Why would he even have that dress in his size readily available otherwise?

Shai-Hulud has a new favorite as of 12:15 on Dec 30, 2016

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Fake stories fall apart after analyzing them. News at 11.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

#clapping

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

“I spent my Thanksgiving blogging and protesting in front of my computer because my family doesn't want to endure my rambling screeds anymore“

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"What did you do for Thanksgiving?"

"I blogged! I'm a rebel!"

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Read that as "Mein Class".
It's the prequel to "Mein Kampf"!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Straight-up confessing to murder. Nice.

Even better, confessing that you murdered someone using that "jam their nose cartilidge back into their brain" myth that doesn't actually work.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i don't think this happened

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:laffo: "I murdered a bunch of people when I was 13 but it's cool because they were bla rapists and murderers and then the police helped me cover up the crime because I was just that cool"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

My eyes rolled so far I had to go pick them up from under the desk :argh:

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Danaru posted:

:laffo: "I murdered a bunch of people when I was 13 but it's cool because they were bla rapists and murderers and then the police helped me cover up the crime because I was just that cool"
'It didn't affect me at all, but it defined me as a person'

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I like how he has a personal psychologist that inflates his ego.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
That's some good poo poo. Tht didn't happen.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Assassin

quote:

A Truth In Television (as noted above). This editor's friend got a little carried away in a game of "assassin", and did this TWICE, once on the girlfriend of a man we knew was an assassin, (it involved handcuffs and a kettle of boiling water, luckily it didn't go far enough to lead to actually burning her) and then on the man himself to find out who he was going to kill, what makes it worse is that the girlfriend told us about fear of heights (among other things) so he pushed him off, then grabbed and held him over the EDGE OF A BUILDING to get him to talk. Needless to say, we don't talk to him much any more.

Bridge

quote:

When this troper was 10, he didn't think of a good rebuttal when his mother went into the bridge tirade. He just spit a loogie into her mouth, which immediately shut her up.

Eyes

quote:

This troper's ex-wife had eyes of completely indeterminate colour, which also changed with her moods. He thought it was just lighting effects until once, when she was extremely angry and staring completely fixedly, he saw them flickering blue-white.

The following are from 'Kick the Dog'.

Taunt

quote:

First to post and, oh boy, do I have a tale for you. Let me set the scene; about two and a half months ago, I was at this party along with a good part of my general high school and another high school, plus hanger-ons, you know? About two hours and five sodas into it, the police come along and break it up, because some guy who wasn't from our school was caught raping a girl from my class at knifepoint. The police take him into custody, wrap a blanket around the girl, take statements and general cop stuff as a crowd gathers around and starts to disperse. My point is, I end up catching a pretty good look at the victim, who's got bruises, a large-ish cut on her cheek and crying like all hell. Flashforward to the present, where she's back at school, trying to get on with her life and everyone's so far been real supportive. BUT...During one class with me, she and I get a little argumentative, I forget about what. I got a short temper, I'm a loner and, despite getting a pretty good idea of what she went through, I lose my temper in a big, nasty way. For the sake of decency, I won't repeat what exactly I said to her in a fit of malice, but I can assure you that I intentionally tried to hurt her emotionally as much as possible. Yeah, that's right, I invoked the time she got raped and taunted her for it because I was pissed off at her. I didn't even need to see her reaction, I could feel my Karma Meter dropping as the words came out of my mouth, I tell ya. Cue a few weeks of everyone calling me out for my callousness. And I mean everyone, including the victim herself, my sister, my parents, the victim's parents, my teachers, the principal, my classmates and people I didn't even know up until then. And I didn't even apologise to her and still haven't as of this writing.

Pencil

quote:

This troper knew a kid at his high school who wasn't necessarily liked, but was tolerated by the majority of the community. All of that changed his senior year when used his pencil to carve the word "gay" into a freshman's hand. He was loathed by the vast majority of the school population after that. Not to mention, his parents would constantly be called to the school during his own freshman year due to seniors picking on him. This troper never liked him. Not a bit.

Science

quote:

During a science lab exam I was paired with two competent people and a very idiotic, bitchy girl. I insulted her, kept telling her she was useless and threatened to get her kicked out of the group. After telling the teacher how useless she was being, the teacher did kick her out, and when she found out she'd do the entire exam by herself, she started crying in front of the class. I laughed at her and felt very, very good about it.

Students

quote:

There's no page for Rape The Dog or Moral Event Horizon but that is where this story goes. This Troper knows someone who got another student suspended for over a month, almost expelled, placed in a class for "disturbed" students, to attempt suicide twice, sent to a mental institution and cost the parents a massive amount of money for a lawyer and therapy. For the record, this Troper HATES that rear end in a top hat.

Dicks

quote:

Okay, seriously. The gently caress is up with this page? Doesn't anyone have the decency to pretend that... not them did this stuff? Now I feel bad about being on the same site as some of you people, really. I'm looking at you, first troper on this page. And Ear-biter, too. And Jefepato. Dicks.
This troper was feeling about the same thing. I know Troper Tales lends itself to honesty and all, but... seriously. (The closest thing this troper has done to Kick the Dog status is glue all the buttons in the button box together and say some mind-blowingly dumb stuff here on TV Tropes.)
First troper on the page here...Is it another worthy entry for this page that I felt a brief moment of perverse pride that you singled me out first for my dog-kicking example? Then again, I guess that's why I'm True Neutral, rather than Neutral Good...
Does make me feel a little better about myself that my own example is non-deliberate on my part (can't vouch for the cat's intentions).
If the idea of reading about your fellow tropers being jerks offends you, I don't know why you ever opened this page to begin with. What did you expect?
Everyone makes mistakes. Fact of life. Some mistakes are crueler than others. And they might make for interesting tales - that's what this page is for. Being proud of those mistakes and flaunting how much of a douchebag you are? Not cool.
Why no mention of what I did? I did callous things and unlike some of the tropers here I enjoyed it. /jealousy.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Khazar-khum posted:

I know Troper Tales lends itself to honesty and all

:laffo:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Khazar-khum posted:

The following are from 'Kick the Dog'.

:stare: Even if these didn't happen, put these people on a watch list.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
My family are almost all Trump supporters and my response to all their "HEE HAW LOOKIT WE WON!" poo poo has been to calmly tell them congratulations and let them know how much I look forward to telling them I told you so over, and over, and over again for the next four years when he inevitably betrays literally everything he said to get elected.

In my Christmas presents to all of them I made a little packet of printed-out news stories about how, "Well, there's lots of different things that could be considered a 'wall' you see" and "Drain the swamp was just a cutesy slogan, we never really had any intent of doing that," etc. and put them inside my unique Christmas card: a folded picture of Steven Mnuchin with "Merry Christmas from the Political Outsiders!" in gold glitter. I think they all really enjoyed these, especially when they discovered the packet included some cardboard coasters I made with Vladimir Putin's picture glued on them. 

Merry Christmas! I got you a future of crushing disappointment and lower living standards! Probably some incredibly expensive and deadly military adventurism, too! Oh, wait, you bought that one for yourself. Well, I just wanted to remind you of what it said on the packaging. Go on, open it up! See how what's inside compares.

I can't wait for Easter. Oh, poo poo, Valentine's Day too! I can see it now, cards with a Trump cherub on the front saying, "You know what I love most?" and on the inside a picture of a bunch of laughing .1%ers lighting cigars with money under the phrase, "Gullible people who don't like to think!"
--A goon

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Marmaduke! posted:

My family are almost all Trump supporters and my response to all their "HEE HAW LOOKIT WE WON!" poo poo has been to calmly tell them congratulations and let them know how much I look forward to telling them I told you so over, and over, and over again for the next four years when he inevitably betrays literally everything he said to get elected.

In my Christmas presents to all of them I made a little packet of printed-out news stories about how, "Well, there's lots of different things that could be considered a 'wall' you see" and "Drain the swamp was just a cutesy slogan, we never really had any intent of doing that," etc. and put them inside my unique Christmas card: a folded picture of Steven Mnuchin with "Merry Christmas from the Political Outsiders!" in gold glitter. I think they all really enjoyed these, especially when they discovered the packet included some cardboard coasters I made with Vladimir Putin's picture glued on them. 

Merry Christmas! I got you a future of crushing disappointment and lower living standards! Probably some incredibly expensive and deadly military adventurism, too! Oh, wait, you bought that one for yourself. Well, I just wanted to remind you of what it said on the packaging. Go on, open it up! See how what's inside compares.

I can't wait for Easter. Oh, poo poo, Valentine's Day too! I can see it now, cards with a Trump cherub on the front saying, "You know what I love most?" and on the inside a picture of a bunch of laughing .1%ers lighting cigars with money under the phrase, "Gullible people who don't like to think!"
--A goon

All things considered this actually sound like something someone would do.

By which I do not mean to endorse i mind you, but definitely plausible

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
If you imagine it's a dril tweet it's funny, actually

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: There's no page for Rape The Dog

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
On TVTropes are these people making up these stories in order to claim that their lives are like shows or movies (or different tropes)?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

bean_shadow posted:

On TVTropes are these people making up these stories in order to claim that their lives are like shows or movies (or different tropes)?

yes because they don't know how to talk about anything without reducing it to a paint-by-numbers approach to writing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In my mind I changed eyes of indeterminate colour to anus of indeterminate colour and it improved the story quite a bit.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

In my mind I changed eyes of indeterminate colour to anus of indeterminate colour and it improved the story quite a bit.

ESPECIALLY when it flashes blue.

So, what did you do NOW to piss someone off?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Samizdata posted:

Same as last time.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Samizdata posted:

I assume it was because you showed them your anus.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

loving thigs!

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

How utterly reprehensible.

Did reddit lap this up like I figure they would?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
holiday wishes

...then I re-sheathed my katana, tipped my fedora (revealing my hair looked like Einstein) and wished the thread a happy New Years! Everybody applauded. (My fedora and I are getting married next year!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

quote:

He thought it was just lighting effects until once, when she was extremely angry and staring completely fixedly, he saw them flickering blue-white.

I Married A Cuttlefish!