Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

All the bad guys won tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

:siren: :denmark: :siren:

Bring on the Swiss!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Way to go Denmark

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: thay USA goal celebration on the tap in to end all tap ins

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Suck it Russia

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
:sweden: 3-1 :finland: in empty goal owned

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Juolevi is a really average player. Who'd have thought a defenceman would put up a bunch of points when paired with Laine and Poolparty kicking rear end? Not Jim Benning, that's for sure.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Anyone care to guess the amount of 5 on 5 hockey that got played in the first period of that Can-Lat game cause it sure doesn't seem like much at all past the opening minutes

Kale
May 14, 2010

This reffing is legit awful. Goalie clearly gets whacked by his own defenseman's stick and that's just the latest one

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kale posted:

This reffing is legit awful. Goalie clearly gets whacked by his own defenseman's stick and that's just the latest one

That ended up being Gauthier up high, but yeah bad reffing

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This is not a good start for the replacement Latvian goaltender.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It was cool when Fabbro got lit up by Latvian Redshirt #3

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pleads posted:

This is not a good start for the replacement Latvian goaltender.

I think a backup Latvian goalie posting anything over a .600sv% against Canada should be considered a success

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
It was nice of Canada to let Latvia get a goal in this game. Good sportsmanship

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I always kind of feel bad for teams like Latvia, but at the same time the teams that get promoted from division 1 beat the crap out of other countries to do so, so whatever.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Juolevi is a really average player. Who'd have thought a defenceman would put up a bunch of points when paired with Laine and Poolparty kicking rear end? Not Jim Benning, that's for sure.

I'm sure even Benning doesn't overrate a handful of games over an entire season.

He also put up stats playing with Marner/Tkachuk/Dvorak over a full season & memorial cup run!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

pseudodragon posted:

I'm sure even Benning doesn't overrate a handful of games over an entire season.

He also put up stats playing with Marner/Tkachuk/Dvorak over a full season & memorial cup run!

His junior numbers were pretty average, doubly so for the quality of team he was on.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

His junior numbers were pretty average, doubly so for the quality of team he was on.

Huh. What do you know? I didn't look up his numbers and just assumed based on hype and how ridiculous the Knights were that he had to put up some stats. Guess Benning is that dumb after all.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Danes gonna win it all.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

JoelJoel posted:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

JoelJoel posted:

Maybe not.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I still believe.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

shootout time

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

goodbye Finland

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Hand Knit posted:

goodbye Finland

couldn't happen to a nicer team

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

goodbye Finland

Tbf, their two best players are in the NHL right now. Laine was an obvious no go, but Poolparty should've been on this team. I have no idea why the Oilers didn't let him go.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Tbf, their two best players are in the NHL right now. Laine was an obvious no go, but Poolparty should've been on this team. I have no idea why the Oilers didn't let him go.

Reminder that the Oilers didn't send Draisaitl to the World Juniors during the 2014-15 season despite his struggles and the fact he would end up being sent down to the WHL after the World Juniors were over. Maybe the Oilers just really hate the World Juniors? :shrug:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/shoffren/status/815020176987000833

:rip:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Relegate Finland!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Take that, you stupid fennoscandinavian teenagers. S'what you get.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

From a :finland: POV, this is the best thing that could've happened. A proper shakedown that gets everyone's attention and guarantees that Rautakorpi will never coach the national team again, and perhaps forces the national team to not hire their old sauna buddies as coaches every other year like they've used to.

Rautakorpi had been proven a bad tournament coach long before this failure even though he's pretty good with club teams and their long seasons.

Also Ahokas (who is good, and e.g. won the U-18 gold with Finland this year, and would've been head-coaching the WJC team anyway next year) is going to make sure Finland won't be relegated, so that's definitely a plus.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Is this a thing people are doing now? It seems bad.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Is this a thing people are doing now? It seems bad.

It is, but I'm much too lazy to get autocorrect to try and learn Puljujarvi.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Is there somewhere I can watch this online? I've tried tsn but somehow even though I have bell at home the login is janky on this smart TV (I am at the cabin and not where my cable is hooked up)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ducharme looks like a 13 year old who just discovered hair gel.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

flashman posted:

Is there somewhere I can watch this online? I've tried tsn but somehow even though I have bell at home the login is janky on this smart TV (I am at the cabin and not where my cable is hooked up)

Google "reddit nhl streams"

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Connor Ingram sucks

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

8 guys on the ice whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

We've replaced the Canadians with Team Finland, let's see if they notice.

• Locked thread