Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

genetic_knockout posted:

I love sushi more than anyone I know, but the cheap gas station/grocery store variety always makes me feel a particular brand of queasy. I still buy it from time to time, because I am dumb and forgetful, and it always seems like such a great idea at the time, but I always end up with this sweaty, queasy and naseous feeling halfway through. Just the pictures of the sushi poutine and the waffle cone sushi are giving me that feeling now uggggh.

There's a few foods I always do this with. Foods everyone knows aren't healthy or good for you, but I'm walways like "yeah I'm game!" and then it turns out the game is "will I make it to the toilet in time, or is it just a fake-out fart gurgle"

The stouffers fetuccine alfredo comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

sweeperbravo posted:

There's a few foods I always do this with. Foods everyone knows aren't healthy or good for you, but I'm walways like "yeah I'm game!" and then it turns out the game is "will I make it to the toilet in time, or is it just a fake-out fart gurgle"

The stouffers fetuccine alfredo comes to mind.

My family used to take weeks-long cross country trips every summer, and we'd stay in a tent at campgrounds unless weather was crazy nuts. The first night of any trip, we'd fire up the propane stove and do Dinty Moore stew with canned mixed veggies thrown in. That was such a treat when I was a kid! It signified "yay, we're on a road trip!"

So every now and again I wax nostalgic and pick up a can. If was to go camping now and try that, I'd have to ask the grounds manager to give me a spot as close as possible to the latrines. I can't do the Dinty deed unless I know I'm not leaving the comfort of my home for the next couple hours. Doesn't keep me from buying it once or twice a year.

Also

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thats just the spider seasoning
reminded me that I have salts flavored with ground up ants, unless I exorcised them from my pantry long ago. I'll soon be leaving the place I've lived for almost 10 years, I'm sure I'll find some AFP for y'all as I purge the kitchen..

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

This is from the local store I get all my groceries from, weird. I haven't had it done up in a cone but their sushi is Hella tasty and they have really good poke bowls too. There's also a full restaurant in there though so that might help some

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Xen Tricks posted:

This is from the local store I get all my groceries from, weird. I haven't had it done up in a cone but their sushi is Hella tasty and they have really good poke bowls too. There's also a full restaurant in there though so that might help some

You know what you must do, now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aaaaaah, phlegm, just the way Mama used to make. Brings back such memories. <wipes eyes>

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Dienes posted:

You know what you must do, now.

I really don't care for waffle cones :(

I'll see if it's there next time I go, and if so I'll type up a 3000 word diatribe on how kinda cheap sushi fish is literally eating me from the inside out, don't you worry

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Haifisch posted:

Vegetarian Sloppy Joes

(those are lentils)

Ughhh, this is giving me stomach cramps just looking at it. This is something my dad would have made, if he'd ever thought of it.

...and served on this exact plate. Did everyone have these in the '80s?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Rollersnake posted:

Ughhh, this is giving me stomach cramps just looking at it. This is something my dad would have made, if he'd ever thought of it.

Lentil sloppy joes are pretty goddamn good, actually. I have to remember to make them again.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
I'm pretty sure it was Federal law you had to have that exact set

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JacquelineDempsey posted:

reminded me that I have salts flavored with ground up ants, unless I exorcised them from my pantry long ago. I'll soon be leaving the place I've lived for almost 10 years, I'm sure I'll find some AFP for y'all as I purge the kitchen..

send me the ant salt

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Xen Tricks posted:

I really don't care for waffle cones :(

That's not what this thread is about. Be brave. For us.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

pienipple posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Federal law you had to have that exact set
I think ours were green (and on casseroles/serving dishes).

What's the statue of limitations on prosecuting for incorrect plate color? :ohdear:

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
You're going to plate jail

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Nuevo posted:

Lentil sloppy joes are pretty goddamn good, actually. I have to remember to make them again.

It's not that I think it would taste bad. I'd just rather not subject myself to the culinary equivalent of the P-Balloon from Super Mario World.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
We had these plates in the 80s

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Honestly that sounds pretty gpod

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Confirming my family had a set of these plates too

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly that sounds pretty gpod

It sounds like I could save myself the trouble and just dump a saltshaker into my mouth for the same experience.

Also the potato & onion pierogies are superior. :colbert:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Remove the cream cheese just to lower the overall amount of cheese in that idea and that seems ok enough. Not gourmet or anything but better than eating the boxed pierogies by themselves certainly.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

angerbeet posted:

we had these

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

angerbeet posted:

We also had these! My mom gave them to my best friend when they moved to Abu Dhabi and now they're in her kitchen, still in my hometown :3:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Rollersnake posted:

Also the potato & onion pierogies are superior. :colbert:

Potato and cheese sauteed in butter with an onion I will fight you.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Nuevo posted:

Potato and cheese sauteed in butter with an onion I will fight you.

Potato and onion, sautéed in butter with mushrooms and onion (because you can never have too much onion), topped with a sprinkling of good paprika, and maybe some sour cream.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

angerbeet posted:

poo poo, I just purchased a pair of coffee mugs with that same pattern earlier this year.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

angerbeet posted:

It's been around for a while.

Willow pattern

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Potato and dill are the superior perogies.

With bechemel.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Dill is the devils herb. I cant even smell it without gagging.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I never know why I keep coming back to this thread, but I always do.

Somehow, this stuff is worse than any of the awful STD pics thrown at me by the internet.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Captainsalami posted:

i have never felt more pity for a man than you right now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captainsalami posted:

I think you'll find cilantro is the devil's herb. So loving gross. Mmm, a mouthful of dishwashing soap, that's what this burrito needed.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

whiteyfats posted:

I think you'll find cilantro is the devil's herb. So loving gross. Mmm, a mouthful of dishwashing soap, that's what this burrito needed.
I'm sorry for your defective taste bud genes.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whiteyfats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iqYuFmzqg&hd=1

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

whiteyfats posted:

Good thing for you there's no good Mexican in Bradford county...

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Raisin pie is actually not that bad. When I worked in community healthcare we had a guy who was, basically, slow. Rural community and everyone kind of pitched in to keep him going along and happy. Anyway his mom taught him how to make pies before she died, and his raisin pies were by far the best. Won a contest over to the next village by.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

whiteyfats posted:

:hfive: My brother and I taste it for what it truly is, our parents do not. Go figure.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

axolotl farmer posted:

It's been around for a while.

Willow pattern

My grandparents had these plates but with Irish castles on them. My dad wanted them more than anything else after they died.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

whiteyfats posted:

Actually genetic. My dad can't handle the stuff, I, otherwise his clone, somehow dodged the bullet with that gene. Stuff is delicious. Indian cilantro chutney? Yes please :yum:

also, lol http://www.ihatecilantro.com/frontpage.php

e: we have so goddamn many smilies

Nuevo has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I can really understand those that think it tastes like soap, because I eat it and go "Yeah, that's kinda soapy" but I love it. So I dunno what the gently caress my genes are telling me.