Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

One thing to temper that thought is this last episode essentially happened without a showrunner. The new showrunner may fight just as hard for things like the colon monster scene in season 3, so the end result may be just as good. We won't know until it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I don't know why you are all upset about the last scene, perfect example of "Shoot first, think never". Why are you all doubting Ash now?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ash regrowing and then almost immediately losing his hand again was a real kick in the dick. I kinda figured it was going to happen because he got it back so early into the episode, and how do you have a show about a guy with a chainsaw for a hand without a guy who has a chainsaw for a hand? Still tho, I wish he could have gotten to break it in with a brewski first. :smith:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

bull3964 posted:

One thing to temper that thought is this last episode essentially happened without a showrunner. The new showrunner may fight just as hard for things like the colon monster scene in season 3, so the end result may be just as good. We won't know until it comes out.

Sam seems pretty disconnected from the show by now, though, so Tapert will likely head up finding a new showrunner. I doubt he'll pick someone that's going to fight him on everything. Bruce is the only one left who didn't seem to agree with his choices, and I think he'd rather just let it go and have fun with what comes than fight hard for creative control. That said, I'm not gonna be pessimistic before actually seeing who's coming in to head up the show and what direction they take it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Sam seems pretty disconnected from the show by now, though, so Tapert will likely head up finding a new showrunner. I doubt he'll pick someone that's going to fight him on everything. Bruce is the only one left who didn't seem to agree with his choices, and I think he'd rather just let it go and have fun with what comes than fight hard for creative control. That said, I'm not gonna be pessimistic before actually seeing who's coming in to head up the show and what direction they take it.

They hired Mark Verheiden, of BSG and My Name Is Bruce fame. He's done a decent amount of other genre stuff over the years, not all of it good. But I don't know if he's ever run a room before?

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

He wrote The Mask. We're gonna be fine.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Open Source Idiom posted:

They hired Mark Verheiden, of BSG and My Name Is Bruce fame. He's done a decent amount of other genre stuff over the years, not all of it good. But I don't know if he's ever run a room before?

Oh right, I forgot they already hired someone. I thought it was weird his big credits they listed in announcing him were for being a producer, but I guess we'll see.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Grinning Goblin posted:

I don't know why you are all upset about the last scene, perfect example of "Shoot first, think never". Why are you all doubting Ash now?

It's not an example of that at all. You seem confused about what scene everyone is talking about.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Kwatz posted:

He wrote The Mask. We're gonna be fine.

The original film?

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

spookygonk posted:

The original film?

Yup, and he wrote for both Time Cop the comic and movie.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

RandallODim posted:

Yeah, the finale was... a bit of a letdown, really, especially the very end (looking forward to the entire town of Elk Grove dying in the next season premiere). That original plan is leaps and bounds better and it's a real disappointment that we didn't get it.

I'm kinda worried we're going to only get two good seasons of this show.

Well, at least season 2 wraps up in a way that you can just pretend the show ends there!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

My friend made an Ashy Slashy puppet for her husband for Christmas! https://imgur.com/gallery/blDvl

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Just caught up on the last few episodes, hot drat this show rules. That ending is perfect, the Star Wars ghosts were so drat funny and glorious. Just needed Chewbacca up on the stage with Ash and friends.

And they can go anywhere next season, can't wait to see what they pull out of their sleeve. I hope season 7 is in a dystopian future.

(^ that Ashy Slashy puppet looks great by the way!)

bump_fn posted:

the whole finale was great but i think what clinched it was the straight up star wars ghosts at the end

Hell yeah! That's good stuff

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 27, 2016

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I'm not reading the tread to avoid spoilers, so apologies if this has been asked before.

If I pick up a month of Starz through Amazon, do I get access to all of the S2 episodes On Demand. or do I just get current content?

Jonithen
Jul 23, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

It's not an example of that at all. You seem confused about what scene everyone is talking about.

if he's refering to the actual people putting the show together not worrying about making it a coherent transition, and to just shoot the thing and stitch it together, that's hillarious.

Again, didn't ruin anything. One weird moment can be overlooked in the face of everything else they've given us. I hope the next round is great, if not hey it was a fun ride.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

I'm not reading the tread to avoid spoilers, so apologies if this has been asked before.

If I pick up a month of Starz through Amazon, do I get access to all of the S2 episodes On Demand. or do I just get current content?

Everything.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Ash being Kelly's father seems stupid, but maybe because I thought they were on the verge of revealing that Ash was actually Lacey's dad (before they killed her off somewhat unceremoniously).

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bananaquiter posted:

Ash being Kelly's father seems stupid, but maybe because I thought they were on the verge of revealing that Ash was actually Lacey's dad (before they killed her off somewhat unceremoniously).

Yeah, I was thinking that was going to be the the reveal, than Kelly.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Groovy. Thanks!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Just got done binge watching this show from the start. Amazing, my current favorite show. It seems so well written and the comedy is spot on.

My favorite exchange is between Ash and Pablo:

A: Maybe I'm getting that bad memory disease
P: Alzheimer's?
A: Alzheimer's? That's a bad memory disease. Why would you mention that?!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bananaquiter posted:

I'll do you one worse: I thought Lacey was going to turn out to be his FATHER's daughter / Ash's half-sister.

He made a big deal how his father banged girls he's dated ("NOT AGAIN!"), and his father wanted to tell him the thing that would "change everything."

I really truly thought she had a role to play like that and nope, deeaaaad.

ED: Also the building up of the Pablo romance.. it feels like the show runner battles might have 86'd something with her.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: Also the building up of the Pablo romance.. it feels like the show runner battles might have 86'd something with her.

That felt weird to me. Wasn't she in high school?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if there's an argument to be made for AoD time travel resulting in Ash being his own ancestor?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

KilGrey posted:

That felt weird to me. Wasn't she in high school?

Oh wow I didn't even think of that. She was like a high school senior right?

I'm so used to all of Ash's friends dying that I kinda wish that would happen to Kelly and Pablo too. Ash is at his best when he says gently caress that and leaves the mess behind, even if this series is all about Ash redeeming all his character flaws.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Pablo is awesome and Kelly is awesome eye candy so how dare you suggest that

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Kelly is at her best when she fucks faces with bullets

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/832386663733145602

Might be able to buy one soon sounds like, been waiting...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ashy Slashy is going to cost like $50 and as an adult with no kids I can't possible rationalize spending money on a puppet (and if I had kids why would I buy them this puppet?) but God drat am I going to want one.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Ashy Slashy is going to cost like $50 and as an adult with no kids I can't possible rationalize spending money on a puppet (and if I had kids why would I buy them this puppet?) but God drat am I going to want one.

Well it goes like this

Since you don't have kids you have the $50

The rest kind of works itself out from there

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

People spend $50 easy on beers at a bar in one night. Who cares if you buy a puppet if you can afford it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

People spend $50 easy on beers at a bar in one night. Who cares if you buy a puppet if you can afford it.

I care. I care a lot.

if you don't buy it

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love how the new Best of the Worst opened with a discussion of what happened with Evil Dead in such a manner that if you were following it you understand completely, and if you're not, they never list a single name or specific scene.. but you know what they're talking about.

But they're not wrong, I'm really hoping the 3rd season isn't watered down poo poo.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry

Blazing Ownager posted:

I love how the new Best of the Worst opened with a discussion of what happened with Evil Dead in such a manner that if you were following it you understand completely, and if you're not, they never list a single name or specific scene.. but you know what they're talking about.

But they're not wrong, I'm really hoping the 3rd season isn't watered down poo poo.

I watched that last night with my husband and thought of this thread.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Blazing Ownager posted:

What exactly were they referring to?

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

http://www.avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
http://www.insidethemagic.net/merchandise/groovy-new-ashy-slashy-puppet-will-let-you-hack-and-slash-the-evil-dead/

Buy your new hand puppet for all your masturbation needs

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

My safeword is Groovy.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
So I went to Vegas with some friends for Memorial Day, and my girlfriend and I checked out Evil Dead: The Musical. She loved the TV show, and enjoyed Evil Dead II when I showed it to her for a back story. After a lightly attended Saturday night show where we were the only Splatter Zone victims and thus absolutely drenched, we immediately coorced our friends to come back the following night and see it again with us.

When she went to replace her phone, which was dead from keeping it in her butt pocket in the splatter zone, I told the salesman (who is also a friend, my landlord and a fellow fan of horror movies) that he's probably replacing the only phone in the store killed by Ash Williams. I've had the musical numbers stuck in my head for days, but I also memorized a cocktail recipe from the very friendly bartender:

The Cabin In The Woods
2 oz rye bourbon
3 oz orange juice
1 oz banana liqueur
Serve with ice in a solo cup, like a college student on spring break in an old abandoned cabin in the woods

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Chain watched the 3 evil dead at weekend then when discussing it with a friend was told there is an Evil Dead TV show.

DVD copy arrived this morning. Can't wait to get into it tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Chain watched the 3 evil dead at weekend then when discussing it with a friend was told there is an Evil Dead TV show.

DVD copy arrived this morning. Can't wait to get into it tonight

Oh boy, you're in for a treat, Season 2 is superb.

• Locked thread