Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hey hard - i had an option to complete the mvp challenge (even though i don't remember actually hitting the prereqs). now the challenge is gone, i can't get it again, and i have no disco ball. any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hey hard - i had an option to complete the mvp challenge (even though i don't remember actually hitting the prereqs). now the challenge is gone, i can't get it again, and i have no disco ball. any advice?

Restart the game and uplay. Failing that send a support ticket to ubi.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
Ran into a pretty big bug on Cafe Dostoyevsky the other day. I was on defense and was camping out in the Piano Room on the 3rd floor (Objective was Train Museum). I see a shadow on the ceiling above me moving around, then it stops and I see the bottom of someone's shoes. I shoot my pistol at them a few times to see what happens and I killed an enemy Twitch that was on the rooftop directly above me. The guy was livid, and I was pretty shocked myself. Is this a known bug? I've never seen it happen before.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

sdr782 posted:

Ran into a pretty big bug on Cafe Dostoyevsky the other day. I was on defense and was camping out in the Piano Room on the 3rd floor (Objective was Train Museum). I see a shadow on the ceiling above me moving around, then it stops and I see the bottom of someone's shoes. I shoot my pistol at them a few times to see what happens and I killed an enemy Twitch that was on the rooftop directly above me. The guy was livid, and I was pretty shocked myself. Is this a known bug? I've never seen it happen before.
The game used to be plagued with problems where people's extremities sticking out through hard surfaces, especially if they were prone.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The game used to be plagued with problems where people's extremities sticking out through hard surfaces, especially if they were prone.

I got Doc'd through the basement stairs on house yesterday. It was good.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

sdr782 posted:

It's a reverse boat glitch. Very nice.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I really need something to achieve in this game like a Top500 player region award or something. Maybie be able to get weapon skin for getting 1k kills with a gun.

It's getting really stale by now having no dedicated servers with custom mods, any sort of possibility to create maps or something to achieve.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
try to enjoy your disco ball bro

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Thief posted:

try to enjoy your disco ball bro

I haven't even played it enough the last week to have the disco ball I asked for, half a year ago, due to lack of motivation.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Map creation would be tits, that was one of my favorite parts of Rogue Spear.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Yeah I guess it doesn't really jive with the business model, but even something minor you can only get by playing as an operator over the long term would be cool. It's kinda fallen out of vogue but I actually liked that side of Modern Warfare etc, milestones like getting the golden camo for a gun.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Paradigmata posted:

I haven't even played it enough the last week to have the disco ball I asked for, half a year ago, due to lack of motivation.

Sometimes it's good to just take a break for a month or whatever if you're burned out. Then you can come back and learn to get gud again.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Zaodai posted:

I'll try and keep that in mind. It doesn't help that I've only gotten to play it like twice, so it is mostly foreign to me. It just doesn't click in my mind. Barlett, the Favelas, and Border have all been easier for me to learn than Japan.

As an aside, I've forgotten where most of the cameras are on the old maps (and need to learn them on the new maps). Is there a recommended resource for learning those cameras beyond just going in to custom games and hunting them?

After a few rounds playing defence you should pick up where all the cameras are on each map.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Don't know what it's like on the PC side but the game is borderline unplayable right now on Xbone. The christmas noobs aren't really the problem so much as it seems like the amount of teamkilling and "le epic trolling" type of people has skyrocketed since the Christmas season.

Granted i don't know how much of this me playing with a Christmas noob friend and he's pulling these dredges down to me since he's still so new and i haven't played Ranked yet at all this season since i'm mostly playing solo but at the moment Causal matches are the pits.

Fix your game playerbase Hard.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Koramei posted:

Yeah I guess it doesn't really jive with the business model, but even something minor you can only get by playing as an operator over the long term would be cool. It's kinda fallen out of vogue but I actually liked that side of Modern Warfare etc, milestones like getting the golden camo for a gun.
There probably are technical issues in this regard as well.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Duggler posted:

Near the kitchen side?

Yeah.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
please add sounds to round start so i can be alt tabbed instead of staring at load screens tia

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Anyone else completely unable to play right now? I don't know if it's Ubi's servers but I can't even get Uplay to launch the game and if it does finally launch it just sits at "connecting to the Siege servers" forever.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

roymorrison posted:

please add sounds to round start so i can be alt tabbed instead of staring at load screens tia

make the icon flash too like rocket league

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

make the icon flash too like rocket league

and Overwatch

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
nothing is trashier then seeing advertising for a different game in r6 lmao

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

quote:

Anyone else completely unable to play right now? I don't know if it's Ubi's servers but I can't even get Uplay to launch the game and if it does finally launch it just sits at "connecting to the Siege servers" forever.

There was horrific rubber banding and disconnects 8 hours ago on eastern Australia data centre, so yeah I think something at Ubisoft broke.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

roymorrison posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wg6mVHaYpA

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

AbortRetryFail posted:

There was horrific rubber banding and disconnects 8 hours ago on eastern Australia data centre, so yeah I think something at Ubisoft broke.

The rubber banding has been getting worse for me on US East the last couple of days. It was once every couple of games the night before last, and then like twice a game when I started playing last night, and then a bunch of 30 second bursts of it by the time I just said gently caress it and stopped playing. Could be load from the holidays or something, but it seemed pretty widespread and everybody was bitching about it in chat and voice so it wasn't just me.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

It's getting into unplayable territory where I:

1) go to barricade a door and change my mind because I'm under fire
2) teleport into the room the enemies are in
3) somehow rubber band out of it and then teleport back into the doorway i was barricading
4) teleport again and have my characters hands fly up intro the air as he barricades the door in (1) from 2 doors down the hallway. The barricade is completed. Somehow it gets done.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 31, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Well I guess we know that Mira's gadget is going to be teleportation.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
e: ^^ :ssh:

roymorrison posted:

Oh no dear lord a ubi game advertising another ubi game. Quick, delete all cosmetics related to the other ubi games as well.

How dare they try to promote their catalog. :allears:

Hard fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 31, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Hard posted:

Oh no dear lord a ubi game advertising another ubi game. Quick, delete all cosmetics related to the other ubi games as well.

Ubi makes Monopoly games-- Where's my Mr Moneybags skin? What about replacing the welcome mat with Boardwalk? When is House going to get assessed for repairs?

Also give the G8A1 burst while we're talking fantasy

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Hard posted:

You can shill for whatever you want if you fix your servers so the game is stable. Ubi gets poo poo talked for some of their marketing stuff because their backend work isn't exactly great at times. Hackers, buggy releases, server instability, etc. It's been getting better over time, but a lot of people don't exactly give the company the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Ever since WD2 came out the server stability has gone to poo poo; getting black ice era number of matchmaking errors every couple days.

Also incidentally I don't know of its the result of just not having any Euro stats or the time difference or what but every time I've played euro severs we've either matched with brand new players or utterly crushed whatever euro players there are.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
With all the stats that get tracked, I imagine they could do a bunch of things retroactively, add a little generic t-hunt terrorist charm for however many thousands of kills and take into account previous kills, etc, so that people don't feel like they're having to work up to milestones from nothing.

Maybe have multiple tiers of milestones with reskinned charms.
Maybe do something with the chibi charms where people can get some kind of garish horrible gold/diamond reskin of the charm(gotta buy the charm of course) if they get enough kills as the operator or with the charm equipped or something.

There are enough stats being tracked that an obscene number of these sorts of challenges could be available.

I imagine it would drive sales of charms as well, so even if ubi doesn't care about adding things to the game for the sake of making things fun/interesting for the players they should do it for the money.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hard, has there ever been a definitive statement on a ps4 pro patch? I plan to go back to the game for year 2 but higher framerate/resolution sure would make it easier. :)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

lohli posted:

add a little generic t-hunt terrorist charm

Maybe even add in the mask all the generic terrorists wear, as a headgear option for most (if not all) operatives, if you've killed X terrorists in t-hunt? Either way, I like the idea

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You should get a dogtag charm for killing X enemy operators in multiplayer

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
you should be able to put c4 on the r/c cars

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You can, it just falls off

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
you should be able to pick what maps you want to play

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You can, the game just ignores them

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Major Isoor posted:

Maybe even add in the mask all the generic terrorists wear, as a headgear option for most (if not all) operatives, if you've killed X terrorists in t-hunt? Either way, I like the idea

But then they can't add the white mask operators when they run out of the ideas.

Four nerfs later the bomber is sort of balanced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
HARD plz add those hockey puck flashbangs from die hard. It would be a lot better to slide them under barricade doors.

• Locked thread