Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

all better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
EDIT: D'awww at both posts ^

The Titanic posted:

I was also hoping for something so stupid, so blatant that it caused everybody to go "wow! This is a mess of lies!" And we'd get that huge onrush of instant gratification as everybody wakes up simultaneously and CIG goes crazy while the gates burn. The Disney ending. :)

Also was prompted by Derek and his ELE every week. I figured at least one of those would work out.

We've had:
1: Chris Roberts on film proving himself he's a terrible leader.
2: Complete lack of vision.
3: Bens website. :(
4: Sandi lying about her experience and schooling out the nose.
5: 15 shell companies designed only for shady business dealings.
6: Customer service that literally has a database of marked customers.
7: The company seeks people out outside of their forums and records their behavior, even using it against them.
8: No real progress towards any promises, game doesn't match what people were told it would be.
9: Endless stream of failures.
10: Complete inability to deliver anything on time.
11: Literally abandoned giving people timelines because of failure.
12: Engine change out of nowhere.
13: Calling completely hidden and concealed development "open development".
14: Even today nobody knows what even basic game functions will be, 10 players will give 10 different answers.
15: Game is a barely there tech demo, nearly 5 years in and millions of dollars later.
16: Absolutely cut throat marketing.
17: Company is more concerned with ship sales than game development.
18: Constant art theft everywhere you look.

I'm sure there's more, but less than this would probably spell doom for most Kickstarter projects. This list of crap is things Star Citizen has not only survived, but continued to profit through in millions of dollars.

I don't think anything can stop it outside of releasing something terrible to the general public or Chris Roberts giving up the project. I don't even think an announcement to deploy to Xbox or PS4 would be an ELE.

Star Citizen may be a thing for a few more years now. I don't know, but I don't think anything can "be uncovered" that would be enough to stop anything. :shrug:

Well, when you spell it out like that...yea, I just...if any one person hasn't yet gotten the message after all this, they likely never will.

Or at least...that's where my one last hope resides ofc. That people can no longer identify with the main public faces of CIG, in terms of character as opposed to actions, to the degree that they can no longer trust their money to them. But even that will be done on the individual level, and not en masse the way it'd have to for it all to end, so yeah...it's back to the two outcomes you posted earlier.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 2, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Here's WTF's meltdown: https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111594210?t=28m45s

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Why did your message get automatically deleted after he said that.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

He got banned

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Then why the gently caress did he say all the crap if Beer was banned already lol.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

spacetoaster posted:

I don't know much about tweeter, but does "no longer available" mean that she's erasing her tweets mentioning wtfosaurus?

This happens when:

You Quote Tweet person X’s tweet
You subsequently block (or previously have blocked) person X
https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Twitter-sometimes-say-this-tweet-is-unavailable-but-you-can-still-click-through-to-the-tweet-that-is-linked

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

"The people you're with, I'm not the happiest with"

My heart bleeds for him...

And it bleeds purple piss lmbo

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
wasn't wtfo talking about how if CIG fucks up he's there to criticize them and most of the good changes has been from himself and other big name streamers talking poo poo about the game

and because of that he can't be a shill

lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I think someone cleaned them out afterwards. You can see that some of them were still around. I guess whoever is paying him didn't appreciate me mentioning how five years of development means the "first iteration" argument was bullshit.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen: At the end of the day IT'S A loving VIDEO GAME

No, i't really not though...

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dark Off posted:

I think the things that were found about wtfosaurus is hilarious stuff that fyad likes to chew.

But i dont think its stuff that belongs to star citizen thread.
People change overtime, maybe wtfosaurus found chris(t) and stopped doing coke. Who knows.
This thread is all about the church of chris roberts.
Not about stuff people were before they joined the church of roberts.

Let these things remain in fyad thanks.

lol

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think it's pretty telling that Star Citizen is so devoid of content that this thread can spend a full day talking about how creepy that guy was on a livestream that had nothing to do with SC.

Might also be that this thread is so obsessed with SC that you'll look for anything, anything at all to talk about to the point that people are doxxing random SC streamers

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

It's more that it's been more than a week since CIG has done anything (therefore, anything funny) so the thread gets bored, lashing out at whoever might provide some entertainment.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Booourns posted:

Might also be that this thread is so obsessed with SC that you'll look for anything, anything at all to talk about to the point that people are doxxing random SC streamers

I see your red text was a good call as you defend another canadian from attack.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Chalks posted:

:v: "hey guys, check out this weird thing I found while going through my neighbours trash!"
:confused: "Erm... why were you going through your neighbours trash?"
:v: "LOOK AT THIS WEIRD THING"
:confused: "I'm far more interested in why the hell you thought it was normal to..."
:v: "OH MY GOD STOP DEFENDING HIM!"

You do seem to have a habit of defending people like Deloria. Trying to smokescreen what they got caught doing with broken concern type stuff.

I wasn't around for the kiddie diddlers time in the thread. Why do I feel like there'll be some concerned "non defense" of them if i search through some history?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Booourns posted:

Wait, there was d-d-d-d-d-dooxxxing? In my Star Citizen thread?

Oh you meant someone pulled up that guy's website. Whew.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Man the flight model is sooo realistic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4gw5f68H-s

the caterpillar goes 90° up in like 2 seconds, no momentum fml.

And suddenly the ships dissapears, a lot of interesting stuff happening in this vid.

Crazy_BlackParrot fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 2, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Also, lol at calling people faggots in 2017. Just lol.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Lol, the guy got kicked out of his org and changed his name.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Zythor

Also, it was all a big mistake: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5ll3ka/where_can_we_report_cheaters/dbwq6yd/

iron buns fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 2, 2017

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
New thread title is timely,

"[–]hymen_destroyer 12 points 3 hours ago

Plead your case to CiG. You wont get any sympathy here. You weren't exploiting a glitch with the game itself, you downloaded a third-party cheat (most of us, including CiG already knew this cheat existed) and used it in an online multiplayer mode. Maybe you had fun doing it but you ruined the game for everyone else in your server, and now the only reason you're being repentant is because you got caught. You are a pariah in this community, since the court of public opinion has deemed you guilty of being a dirty no-good cheater. Hopefully you will take something away from this"

YOU SIR ARE A PARIAH!!!!1111!!!!

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

spacetoaster posted:

I see your red text was a good call as you defend another canadian from attack.

The counter to this is i am also Canadian so it negatives HIS negative for defending a Canadian.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Also, a dog eating a banana

http://i.imgur.com/H4JtcNL.gifv

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Sum Mors posted:

You do seem to have a habit of defending people like Deloria. Trying to smokescreen what they got caught doing with broken concern type stuff.

I wasn't around for the kiddie diddlers time in the thread. Why do I feel like there'll be some concerned "non defense" of them if i search through some history?

I just think it's weird. Sorry bud.

I do enjoy your threat to find some consistency in my opinion though, but I'm afraid you might be wasting your time with that particular incident.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 2, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
omg fuckin cute overload shiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheDailyStream/status/816021419150766083

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
lol I would never play a game where I had to be somebody's turret bitch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Madcosby posted:

Y'all must really, really hate Star Citizen.

The failures in common sense you must constantly employ to argue everything they make is garbage even though you spent $300k on the same jpgs earlier. The surrendering of moral and ethical grounds one would have for any stranger because it targets someone tangentally related to the project... just incredible.

keep hating guys, just remember. you made star citizen happen

I agree

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Chalks posted:

I just think it's weird. Sorry bud.

I do enjoy your threat to find some consistency in my opinion though, but I'm afraid you might be wasting your time with that particular incident.

So your opinion isn't consistent? Interesting.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
star citizen isn't a video game

it's $140m comedy, simultaneously produced and released in real time

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Interesting, not everyone can come back after a ban for pedophilia.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727695&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post446975329

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the doxx

the doxx

can't stop

the doxx

you can't

stop

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Sum Mors posted:

So your opinion isn't consistent? Interesting.

Well if we're going to nitpick, that one was a case of someone genuinely coming across a local news article about someone who featured in the thread then mentioning it. Same with the other examples, afaik. Mae Demming in particular. God bless goons for being able to genuinely stumble across poo poo like that.

To be clear, I think it's weird to see someone who's got a different opinion than you about a video game then try to dig up dirt on them from their personal life instead of just like.... disagreeing with them.

Look, you're perfectly able to do it anyway and ignore my opinion on the subject. You don't have to justify yourself to me. I am going to tell you that I think it's a weird thing to do though. Sorry. Feel free to disregard what I am saying.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 2, 2017

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Thats because that was by a miserable ex GBS mod with a personal vendetta

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
swatting wtfo was a step too far, friends

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
A thread not long for this world has insight,

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/366080/i-wanna-see-3-0-schedule-report-poll

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
oh he's in Canada the land of swat teams armed with harsh language and horses

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Samizdata posted:

Also, I highly recommend the Eisenhorn and Ravenor books. They are tales of Inquisitors in action. (Ravenor is especially interesting as he is horribly mangled and lives in a hover equipped support shell).

Spoilers!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Does anyone have the GIF showing the history of their timeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheAgent posted:

swatting wtfo was a step too far, friends

How are the Canadian police going to get all their horses in the building?