Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

It is good to be king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
##joker time

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Moatillata posted:

It is good to be king

Most you got tiny hands.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Most you got tiny hands.

That is actually a pint glass perspective is off

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

That is actually a pint glass perspective is off

Moat are you Donald Trump

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Moat are you Donald Trump

Keane my hands can hit a golf ball 285 yards

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Keane my hands can hit a golf ball 285 yards

Your tiny hands may be able to hit a golf ball, but they'll never touch the skin of a living being that doesn't recoil from them.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Your tiny hands may be able to hit a golf ball, but they'll never touch the skin of a living being that doesn't recoil from them.

Keane I know you're hurting rn

It's okay, there will be other poo poo talking games. You can be a champion one day too

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

VOTE MOAT

FOR CHAMPION

IT RHYMES

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ugh yeah i've been garbage

time to shittalk myself instead

cmon you loving lurker gently caress get back in the game

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i'd say you're better than this but you're not

you're poo poo

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
No don't poo poo-talk yourself :(

You're loving awful at it, just stop

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

UnCO3 posted:

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Nothing ironic here bucko, just good old-fashioned sincere advice

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

UnCO3 posted:

Nothing ironic here bucko, just good old-fashioned sincere advice

Actually it's ferric and it's between your ears

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

you should probably get that checked out

and stay away from magnets

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

UnCO3 posted:

you're right i'm even garbage at this

literally the worst poster, imagined by the shittiest of minds to grace the forum cosmos

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Prepare yourselves, motherfuckers, because it's time for the best meal without a name that has ever existed.

Strap in, this poo poo is going to take all goddamn day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to "Is it chili? Is it spaghetti sauce? WHO KNOWS, WHO CARES!"

Step 1) Put some oil in a pan

Step 2) Get some garlic. I'm starting with 5 cloves. This will not be the last of the garlic by a longshot.

Step 3) Get real goddamn annoyed that your hands aren't dry after washing them and the loving papery garlic skin is sticking to them.

Step 4) Chop that poo poo and throw it into the pan of heated oil.

Step 5) Open the can of tomatoes

Step 6) Get your loving hands in there and crush that poo poo up. Yes it feels disgusting but you need to do it.

Step 7) Put it in the pan with the garlic and oil. Spice that poo poo.

Now as that simmers we begin the endless journey of chopping every vegetable to ever exist.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
look at this basic rear end chef not taking care of proper mise en place

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Step one wash your hands you goddamned animal

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

look at this basic rear end chef not taking care of proper mise en place

This is an all day affair. If I did all my prep before I started cooking anything, it wouldn't have nearly long enough to cook. GOTTA DO THIS poo poo LIVE!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Step one wash your hands you goddamned animal

That's what the tomato water is for obv

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Wheeeee-awwwwfuuuuuck

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can I roll to see how many people I give middle fingers on my way down?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

.|.. ..|.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
More like Shits and Ladders.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

More like Shits and Ladders.

Please don't sign your posts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Update: Still chopping vegetables!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Now, I've seen a lot of pets in this thread. I've seen a lot of good arguments for their virtues. There's no doubt that there are many which fulfill them, and I am not here to denounce that, but I feel like this is something that must be addressed. Before I go on, I will first say that I have not properly participated in this game thus far. Far too many have not been properly verbally thrashed to call myself a true shittalker, and I must step up my game, as to best honor the man, nay, the legend that I am here to present to you.

This, dear thread, is Pinto. And he is a Kind Kat.

While you may not know him, I can personally attest to the fact that Pinto, is in fact, the most kind cat that may possibly exist. Scientists, statesmen, and voodoo headhunters have all agreed on this undeniable fact, as he rubbed up against their legs and purred happily. Pinto has had a difficult time, having been adopted by us(out of kindness) after his previous owner was left homeless and had to move back in with their cat allergic parents. We were glad to have him, a beautiful and shy maine coon in our home, protecting our children, defending them from the absolutely massive palmetto bugs that often menace our household.

Unfortunately, last year, disaster struck.

Our son, as dear as he is, left our door open and allowed Pinto to escape, whereupon he went on a months long quest of discovery and survival. When they finally found him, almost four months later, he was missing his tail, after defending himself from a viscous coyote which have become common in our Floridian wasteland. But did he let this damper his kind nature?

No, no he did not. He persevered. He loves his family, and they love him. Since then, he has survived the ordeals of our youngest at his tail grabbing, cat chasing, rubbing fur the wrong way prime, and done so with out a single complaint. I submit to you, Pinto, the Kind Kat of Kind Kitties.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Can't even poo poo-talk that, it's just a good cat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This next part encompasses approximately 3 hours of work.

The sauce is simmering away on the stove time to cut up some loving vegetables while watching the first episode of the new season of The Bachelor.

Let's start with the mushrooms. Wash those fuckers off cause they are covered in dirt. Or don't, dirt builds up the immune system.

Then we chop them up. All of these are a rough chop because the end result is going to be extremely chunky, like a stew. This further enhances the ambiguity over what exactly this food is that I'm making.

Next we start with the green peppers. This will take approximately four thousand years.

Thank god that poo poo is over. The good news is though because it took so long, our marinara sauce is done. I didn't take a picture of it, but it's a deep red in the pan. However, what we are going to do is blend it. This part is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT or else the oil will not mix with the tomato water and your sauce will stay separated the entire time. You must blend. This turns the sauce from a dark red to an orange colour. I don't know why, some sort of chemistry magic it doesn't matter.

You put this into your slow cooker, and now have a free pan to saute your vegetables. Get those fuckers in there.

This is the tricky timing part because you gotta chop vegetables in the time it takes the previous batch of vegetables to cook in the pan, so chop like the loving wind.

After the green peppers comes the celery and carrots

Then while those are cooking...the onion.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I usually use yellow onions but the ones they had at the store were tiny and gently caress that I'm not cutting up a thousand tiny onions so I bought a big white one.

HOLY gently caress THIS ONION IS loving ME UP!

IT BURNS!

Okay gently caress off onion, you're done get in the goddamn pan.

Now while the onion is cooking we get to the part people will probably poo poo on me for but I DON'T EVEN CARE!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

seems like it would just be way quicker and reach the same result if Asiina just ate a bug

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

seems like it would just be way quicker and reach the same result if Asiina just ate a bug

Agreed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay now there are three canned ingredients in this recipe. The tomatoes (but honestly for sauce canned tomatoes are better than fresh), lentils...and mushrooms.

Yes, canned mushrooms.

"But Asiina, you already put fresh mushrooms in why are you putting in gross canned mushrooms," you say because you're an idiot.

"shut the gently caress up, nerd"

I love mushrooms and normal fresh mushrooms are great, but canned mushrooms are very plump and full of water and they are good in a different way. They really take on the flavour of a sauce in the way that the browned sauteed mushrooms do not so I use both.

The thing about canned mushrooms though is that they are about 1000% salt, and we're trying not to have a heart attack here, so you rinse those bastards for a longass time.

Now we use the lentils. Technically I guess I could use fresh lentils but 1) I don't know how and 2) I use small amounts of lentils is basically all my cooking because they are an excellent source of protein and I'm not cooking up fresh ones every drat time.

The thing with lentils though is they come in this weird gross liquid that also needs to be rinsed the gently caress off.

Put those bastards right in the sauce.

Next update will be the final prep update as we finish the onions and cook up the meat (and add more garlic)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The onions have cooked down, they're starting to turn translucent. Don't want to overcook them though so time to add them into the pot!

Now finally time to cook the meat. I'm using extra lean ground beef. Sometimes I use ground chicken or turkey instead of or as well, but just beef this time.

It's also time to add in more garlic. Another 5 cloves should be good for now.

Into the pan to cook with the meat!

*time passes*

Meat is all browned up. Drain out the excess fat. It's not too bad because it's extra lean, but still good to drain and into the sauce it goes.

This is the slowcooker as it currently stands.

It will get more liquidy over time, but it will always be chunky. Is it spaghetti sauce? Is it chili? Who knows!

What's important is that it gets to sit there for at least the next 5 hours, if not longer. I will just have to be patient.

I will give periodic updates!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Krunge posted:

Can't even poo poo-talk that, it's just a good cat.

Totally agree, awesome cat. Also how could you when the cat actually has a higher post count than AR

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's too cold to shitpost

• Locked thread