Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'll take an eggs benedict over biscuits and gravy any time, but I don't know how you can dislike the gravy unless it's the week-old microwaved slimy stuff they have at golden corral. I think if the biscuits were better at absorbing the gravy it would ruin the texture and make it just mush. Having a little bit of crispiness from the biscuits is essential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To be clear I don't actually think B&G would be good if the biscuits absorbed the gravy better it's a crap meal all around. I don't dislike the gravy it's just a nasty combo

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eggs Benedict is the breakfast of kings

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I one time fell asleep on a park bench at like 4am in Chicago in December with nothing but a coat on and two bottles of Night Train in me and I've never slept more soundly or warm in my life. That poo poo is like a liquid Hilton to the homeless.

Did you get me my Cheese Whiz, Boy?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

KrayG posted:

Eggs Benedict is the breakfast of kings

In a laundry list of foods that are a weakness of mine, this is easily in the top 3.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

Did you get me my Cheese Whiz, Boy?

*nonchalantly tosses you your can of Cheez Wiz

*drives through Daley Plaza

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Biscuits and gravy are disgusting and it is shameful its so popular in the midwest

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gravy is gross in general

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Biscuits and gravy are disgusting and it is shameful its so popular in the midwest

Thought that was a southern thing. Unless you mean you're upset that people eat it in the midwest, which doesn't make a lot of sense since you can walk into pretty much any diner in the US and get them. So maybe what you're trying to say is you don't like it?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Thought that was a southern thing. Unless you mean you're upset that people eat it in the midwest, which doesn't make a lot of sense since you can walk into pretty much any diner in the US and get them. So maybe what you're trying to say is you don't like it?

All of the above

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
All food is gross if you think about it too hard. Gravy is liquid animal fat, honey is bee vomit, Mushrooms grow on dead things, wine is rotten fruit and ground beef is cow mash.
If it tastes good and won't make me sick, I could give gently caress all.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Tiggum posted:

I don't know if you're using the American or English definition of biscuits, but I do eat crackers and scones, I just don't find that they cause me any problem to eat. I don't "tough it out", I just eat them. :shrug:

You should really find a way to get some fresh out of the oven American South style biscuits. They are heavenly.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Henceforth, I shall now refer to hamburger[s] as "cow mash."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If you're going to have a cooked breakfast (and it's not just whatever you already have in the fridge) the only choice is full English. The specifics (like, do you include spinach? Fried tomato?) are down to taste and availability, but the core concept of meat, eggs, toast and your choice of extras is perfect. My ideal version is bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, toast, mushrooms, baked beans, cup of tea & a beer.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tiggum posted:

If you're going to have a cooked breakfast (and it's not just whatever you already have in the fridge) the only choice is full English. The specifics (like, do you include spinach? Fried tomato?) are down to taste and availability, but the core concept of meat, eggs, toast and your choice of extras is perfect. My ideal version is bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, toast, mushrooms, baked beans, cup of tea & a beer.

Baked beans don't belong in a breakfast.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
You can hate all the gravy, all the over/undercooked cow parts, all the dishes you want. More food for me. If you're not going to eat that, can I?

The smell and taste of most seafood makes me literally gag, but I wish I enjoyed seafood. The idea and sight of seafood do not bother me in the slightest. Wishing has not been enough to coach my gag reflex, though.

edit: and it's not genetic or cultural. I was born to a seafood loving family in the seafood loving country of Indonesia. My reaction to seafood puzzles and disconcerts me.

Caufman has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Jan 6, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

You Are A Elf posted:

Henceforth, I shall now refer to hamburger[s] as "cow mash."

After all it's a diner smash.

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

Baked beans don't belong in a breakfast.

This is a valid opinion but also a mental one.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Baked beans don't belong anywhere but the trash.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Baked beans don't belong anywhere but the trash.

Honestly this is how I feel too but I didn't want to go this far and risk upsetting some delicate British sensibilities.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Baked beans must be a ww2 starving thing. Like SPAM.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
mushrooms are completely pointless if you don't buy them fresh. when conserved in fluid they lose nearly all taste and gets the single least enjoyable texture of anything ever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
baked beans are alright, straw mushrooms are the best mushrooms

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I have a bag of dried shitakes in my cupboard. They rule.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Texture always puts me off things more than taste.

I love the taste of roast chicken, for instance, but I don't like the texture of it, so I almost never eat roast chicken.

It's weird, I admit. Obviously it's a luxury to be able to make distinctions like that. If I was starving I wouldn't be picky. :shrug:

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Aramek posted:

I have a bag of dried shitakes in my cupboard. They rule.

o ya dried can be fine. it is really the conserving in water that is bad. champignon mushrooms are most commonly sold in glass jars here, conserved in water, and it absolutely ruins them imo.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

- Tonic water is loving gross. Seltzer water is absolutely delicious even on its own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone actually drink Tonic water straight?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Masochists enjoy gin and tonics. Two terribly gross liquids together that used to be taken medicinally.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Gin is great. Usually drink it straight or with a bit of water. G&Ts are fine if drinking at a bar. I like my drinks to kick me in the throat a bit, it adds to the experience. Fernet-Branca for instance is good stuff. So, I guess I'm agreeing with you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gin and tonics are fine but the aftertaste of the tonic gets to me after a while. I always get the kind with quinine because whatever that stuff is saved my rear end in oregon trail 2 so many times so it must be good for you.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's the old anti malaria medication.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Well, I have yet to get malaria so I guess I made the right call.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tonic is disgusting but Gin and Tonic is pretty good. Probably cause you are only drinking 4 ounces of Tonic and there's usually a bunch of lime in there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
not a fan of carbonated water

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I love all sorts of herbs and spices, but Oregano is disgusting. My sister's the same way so maybe it's a genetic thing, like the people who think Cilantro tastes like soap.

\/\/
E: To me cilantro tastes like a citrusy, minty flavor. It's very refreshing.

AutumnDDP has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Jan 7, 2017

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm one of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soap. I can't imagine what it's supposed to taste like.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
You are under no obligation to like your family. If they are lovely people they are lovely people and you are well within your rights to distance yourself from them.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Canned mushrooms are weird, but they are a critical ingredient of Minnesota-style pizza and that poo poo straight-up rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have never heard of this style of pizza. Are you thinking of a juicy Lucy?