Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

Can't stop watching always sunny. I had a plan to watch Godzilla movies but this loving show keeps sucking me in again and again.

Frank is the best.

Egg!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just finished the one where Frank goes back to his business.

Fuckin Dennis getting off is amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also I want to remake Without Warning. I love a lot about that movie but I kinda wish it was scarier.

You know? That Alien is kinda freaky. RIP Kevin Peter Hall.

Edit, also if anyone wants to see my Alien abduction movie PM me and I will send it to you. I want some opinions on it. Honest raw opinions.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope a Frinkiac-like site pops of for Sunny sometime. I was thinking about Frank as the Man Cheetah today and chuckling to myself.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Sunny is so great and I have to force myself to watch movies instead of it.

Also, has anyone else here seen The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism? I'm taking a break about halfway through and it's gross and stylish and blurry. The soundtrack is like a competent version of Manos' and the movie spends about that much time on a highway

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Coffee And Pie posted:

She loves Red Eye and Suspiria, I feel pretty confident she is a dope person.

We've been talking for hours about Goblin, horror movies, and bi representation.

Also, she's a fan of Fast and Furious.

What's her forums name?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gorman Thomas posted:

did you see it at cinefamily? I feel dumb for not seeing it last month before all the showings started getting sold out

Just started at the KC Drafthouse.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

God I hate Hellraiser: Bloodline.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate all Hellraisers past 2. IMO the worst horror franchise of all time.

Franchise only though. The original is a masterpiece.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

3 is enjoyable as a schlock if you divorce it from the actual craft of the originals. But everything past 3 is the loving worst. It makes the Howling sequels look good.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Bloodline is at least interesting because A) it's clearly the poorly stitched together remains of the movie the director actually made and B) Adam Scott has a role as a foppish cultist.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Coffee And Pie posted:

She loves Red Eye and Suspiria, I feel pretty confident she is a dope person.

We've been talking for hours about Goblin, horror movies, and bi representation.

Also, she's a fan of Fast and Furious.

She might have dope taste but it has zero bearing on whether she's a dope person or mean or crazy or nasty one instead. Taste =/ personality and character.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

therattle posted:

She might have dope taste but it has zero bearing on whether she's a dope person or mean or crazy or nasty one instead. Taste =/ personality and character.

I don't think that view's gonna get a lot of traction here.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
My favorite movie is Conan The Barbarian, I am basically the best person there is.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

weekly font posted:

What's her forums name?

I asked her and she said Coffee and Pie???

We have just lost cabin pressure...

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

therattle posted:

THIS

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think that view's gonna get a lot of traction here.

They're young; they'll learn eventually. My man Lil Mama gets it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Tonight I'm hoping that the opposite will prove true and someone with bland, thoughtless tastes in stuff will end up being cool and interesting to talk to.

Even if not though, I'm gonna go eat burgers and see Tampopo with a cute lady so whatever.

Shane rules, by the way.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

My favorite movie is Conan The Barbarian, I am basically the best person there is.

You're not wrong.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Anonymous Robot posted:

Tonight I'm hoping that the opposite will prove true and someone with bland, thoughtless tastes in stuff will end up being cool and interesting to talk to.

Even if not though, I'm gonna go eat burgers and see Tampopo with a cute lady so whatever.

Shane rules, by the way.

Bland and thoughtless indicates probable incompatibility but shared tastes don't indicate compatibility either. Someone can be cool and fun (and attractive) but have totally different tastes to you.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Coffee And Pie posted:

I asked her and she said Coffee and Pie???

We have just lost cabin pressure...

Cut to view of C+P loudly ranting about Chainsaw Scumfuck to an empty chair.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

weekly font posted:

Cut to view of C+P loudly ranting about Chainsaw Scumfuck to an empty chair.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nothing like starting your day by getting a frozen phonebook stuck in your snowblower and no that is not a euphemism for something

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Nothing like starting your day by getting a frozen phonebook stuck in your snowblower and no that is not a euphemism for something

God, I can't imagine the damage that would do to the blades. I really wish YP in general would go away (it's bad enough that they probably waste enough paper to refill an entire rainforest with the phone books every year, but their online advertising bullshit is just predatory).

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
YellowPages they should just deliver that bad boy to any1 over a certain age & then leave some in Dennys or something

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hat Thoughts posted:

YellowPages they should just deliver that bad boy to any1 over a certain age & then leave some in Dennys or something

Well, just last week, they delivered three dozen phone books to my office. My company doesn't even have two dozen employees. Like, OK, thanks for the free kindling for my fireplace, I guess?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Build a fort for the interns.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Timby posted:

Well, just last week, they delivered three dozen phone books to my office. My company doesn't even have two dozen employees. Like, OK, thanks for the free kindling for my fireplace, I guess?

I mean, you get a single copy it's still probably gonna end up as kindling

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Accurate

For real though, I had a nice time and we kissed and stuff, it was cute. Then we buttfucked* and she saw my boner**

*lit a cig off her cig
**the skeleton I have in my car

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Yo I got a food-for-thought question for y'all. If you could remake one movie which one and why?

And to be clear, this is you remaking it. Not like "I want John Carpenter to do Jurassic Park" or whatnot.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Accurate

For real though, I had a nice time and we kissed and stuff, it was cute. Then we buttfucked* and she saw my boner**

*lit a cig off her cig
**the skeleton I have in my car

I keep meaning to buy one of those full size plastic skeletons from Costco to keep in my car.

My uncle has one and keeps it on the living room couch in October, the rest of the year in the study sitting on a cabinet.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

TrixRabbi posted:

Yo I got a food-for-thought question for y'all. If you could remake one movie which one and why?

And to be clear, this is you remaking it. Not like "I want John Carpenter to do Jurassic Park" or whatnot.

A Chorus Line, because boy did they ever gently caress that one up.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

A Chorus Line, because boy did they ever gently caress that one up.

I asked because my pick is Fiddler on the Roof. I would focus way more on the geopolitical climate crushing down on these people. It's there but it too often feels as absent as the village wishes it was until the end. I want the audience to always be aware that collapse and expulsion is on the horizon.

Also, the songs are great but the camerawork leaves something to be desired. Like why would you ever let extras in the foreground block the dancers?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

TrixRabbi posted:

Give me Sion Sono's budget and let me remake Tokyo Tribe. All the gaudiness and hedonistic excess calls to me but the script and direction fall so far short of the set design, costuming, and conceit.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I would remake Neon Demon with an actual Neon Demon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

TrixRabbi posted:

i want to remake lady in the lake (1947) because the simple act of shooting it like a normal film would make my version superior

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

TrixRabbi posted:

I asked because my pick is Fiddler on the Roof. I would focus way more on the geopolitical climate crushing down on these people. It's there but it too often feels as absent as the village wishes it was until the end. I want the audience to always be aware that collapse and expulsion is on the horizon.

Also, the songs are great but the camerawork leaves something to be desired. Like why would you ever let extras in the foreground block the dancers?

Haha, it's funny that we both want to remake a musical. They really do tend to get screwed over in the transfer to the big screen, and it's hard to think of a musical that I wouldn't want to remake. I'd gladly remake Into the Woods and Sweeney Todd, as well.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TrixRabbi posted:

Big Top Scooby Doo
because i remember catching it by accident and being genuinely surprised by the writing/casting being actually funny/clever (Peter Stormare plays a heavy metal singer accused of being a werewolf, Jeff Dunham is a silent clown)
But I can remake it without fear because if its mediocre nobody's surprised because the original wasn't particularly good & people will still see it regardless of mediocrity because its scooby doo branded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

TrixRabbi posted:

The Phantom Tollbooth. Chuck Jones' film is just a mess and a poor adaptation of the book. I'm thinking of an old school roadshow film with a cast full of great character actors, sparse use of CGI (use stop-motion when possible), and shooting at actual locations.

• Locked thread