Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

Miami was also starting four potatoes at safety and CB yesterday

Amy Pole Her posted:

They also started the worst SS in the league because the best SS in the league was hurt.

My god did they look bad

I enjoy posting with both of you, but let it be said that the day the Dolphins stomped the Steelers, Shazier was out, Can Heyward was playing on a high ankle sprain, and our team ROTY was benched.

You guys were pretty impressed with that beat down, so you don't get to have it both ways imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
The other cb's have stepped up pretty well in Trufant's abscence. Atlanta fans were sure that Alford was going to walk in free agency but since he got an extension he's calmed down the penalties and held his own. Granted they are all still young so still possible to overwhelm them.

I'm trying really hard not to have confidence in the Falcons but I just don't see how the seahawks can keep pace away from home.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Somehow I think Atlanta's not very good, but young, fast, and hungry defense will fare pretty well against Russel Wilson bullshit. All that improvisation works wonders against traditionally "good" defenses, but our guys aren't like that. I think the defense and secondary will do enough to let our offense do its thing. Could just poo poo the bed too though, who knows? Plus Keanu is gonna paste Jimmy Graham and he will cry.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Has Atlanta played any other teams this year where they had to maintain contain on a quarterback and stay disciplined and not over pursue? That seems to be the best way to handle Wilson's elusiveness, force him to go backwards, don't let him go laterally.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Has Atlanta played any other teams this year where they had to maintain contain on a quarterback and stay disciplined and not over pursue? That seems to be the best way to handle Wilson's elusiveness, force him to go backwards, don't let him go laterally.

They lost to the Seahawks and Bucs, although TB was week 1 so doesn't really count.

They gave up 32 points to the Packers.

Cam isn't a lateral runner.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah it just doesn't seem likely that the Texans have a shot, particularly when you factor in that it's likely to snow on Sunday.

The Texans actually play pretty well in snow, especially for a southern team, but yeah the Patriots are going to dunk all over them just like they always do

TheChirurgeon posted:

unfortunately at that point, the babies don't really poo poo and vomit on everything. Moms don't start producing milk until day 3-4 usually, so their poops are like glue and they don't really spit up

dad facts! :science:

e: also those babies should be swaddled. What you are looking at is a huge SIDS risk

They look like they're swaddled under the towels

But yeah, their poo poo is like elmer's glue for the first several weeks as they drink colostrum, and since my wife and I went the cloth diaper route it was a real bitch lol

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

The Texans actually play pretty well in snow, especially for a southern team, but yeah the Patriots are going to dunk all over them just like they always do

They look like they're swaddled under the towels

But yeah, their poo poo is like elmer's glue for the first several weeks as they drink colostrum

yeah, they're probably swaddled under the towels, and I'm sure the towels were removed as soon as the photos were taken. I don't actually believe that the hospital put them in danger :)

Re: Snow, I mean it less as a point against the Texans and more in a "we're going to see a million graphs showing that Tom Brady is 400,000 - 0 when playing in snow at Foxboro on Sunday" way

Intruder posted:

since my wife and I went the cloth diaper route it was a real bitch lol

off. I respect your commitment to environmental friendliness, but I could never have done that. Especially not now that the little guy gets in 1-2 large shits per day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It wasn't that bad, we bought one of those bidet-like sprayers that attaches to the line leading to your toilet tank so we could just spray everything in the toilet before tossing it in the diaper buddy

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have the day off work, I'm watching Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless talk about topical sports stuff and it's really entertaining..I can see how this and First Take are so popular, honestly *Captain America voice* I could do this all day

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

It wasn't that bad, we bought one of those bidet-like sprayers that attaches to the line leading to your toilet tank so we could just spray everything in the toilet before tossing it in the diaper buddy

That's pretty cool. How old's your kid now?

On a completely unrelated note, you'll at least be happy(?) to know that my wife had no qualms with me buying him Astros gear, setting him up early for a long life of baseball disappointment.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They're both out of diapers now, 6 and 3 (7 and 4 in a few months), yours?

And hey now the Astros are going to be good this year

- me last year before the disappointment

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

They did a pretty good job of this against the packers. In the first half our defense sucked but in the second they went to more man coverage and had Beasley spying Rodgers and they did much better. Seem to recall them containing Russel pretty well even in the loss, but I could be remembering that wrong. Getting the Seahawks outside of Seattle should be huge.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, pass defense is the big concern in that game. But I dunno... anything can happen. I think Atlanta is favored, but I feel that the Seahawks have a better chance than the Huskies had against Alabama. Atlanta is gonna be without Desmond Trufant, so hopefully we can exploit that.

Just trying to keep my expectations low. Thomas out is a glaring hole. That being said, if you're looking for optimism, there is the following (besides what you said):

Seattle won a close one against Atlanta this year, while the following was true:

No Kam Chancellor
No Frank Clark
No Thomas Rawls
No CJ Prosise
Michael Bennett sidelined in the 4th quarter
Bradley Sowell at RT
Russell Wilson much more hobbled

Despite all that the O line played pretty well. All those players are back (with the possible exception of Prosise), and although Lockett is out Paul Richardson seems to finally be catching on. You're right that anything can happen. If it does, it'll look a lot like the win over the Pats: lots of checkdowns to Prosise, lots of zone read runs, lots of play action. Shorten the game, keep Ryan off the field, and hope for few mistakes.

Pretty weak tea, but I'll concede that there is some hope. Any given Saturday and all.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lol at cloth diaper chat.

disposables from amazon subscribe n save for life.

trying to do cloth with twins would have killed me. well, my wife. because i wouldn't have tried.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's seriously not as hard as it seems, especially if you invest in one-size all in ones.

Then again, with twins that could have been different

And you save a shitload of money

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
where the bachelors at itt

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I enjoy posting with both of you, but let it be said that the day the Dolphins stomped the Steelers, Shazier was out, Can Heyward was playing on a high ankle sprain, and our team ROTY was benched.

You guys were pretty impressed with that beat down, so you don't get to have it both ways imo

We were missing half of our salary cap on the field. The situations aren't comparable.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Married and never having kids is the way to go.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Boatgate II incoming??

https://twitter.com/BDCPatriots/status/818487748373909505

Nov 6, 2002

Naw, he's working on ball deflation.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CAPE CLOD
BILL TAKES THE WEEK OF IN POSH NANTUCKET RETREAT, PLAYOFF PREP IN CHOPPY WATERS

(will never be a headline because he's a coach/playing the Texans)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

crippling lonliness 4 lyfe :hf:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

better question: who's the woman?

Nov 6, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

CAPE CLOD
BILL TAKES THE WEEK OF IN POSH NANTUCKET RETREAT, PLAYOFF PREP IN CHOPPY WATERS

(will never be a headline because he's a coach/playing the Texans)

BILL'S BOAT BLUNDER BLOWS BOWL BERTH

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

better question: who's the woman?

Even better question, why the gently caress are these weirdos taking a picture of a guy sleeping

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pfft all about that DINK life (especially when your wife earns more than you do)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sweeper posted:

Even better question, why the gently caress are these weirdos taking a picture of a guy sleeping

Because without these photojournalists, how would we ever get the real important stories?

Nov 6, 2002

If it's a Packers/Patriots Super Bowl, it will feature the immediate successors of both QB's from the 96 game.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I have zero rooting interest in any of the teams left; maybe the Texans if Brock wasn't garbage (and like they'll beat the Patriots anyway lol)

Nov 6, 2002

I dunno. The Texans are due to beat New England.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahahahaha

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

They're both out of diapers now, 6 and 3 (7 and 4 in a few months), yours?

And hey now the Astros are going to be good this year

- me last year before the disappointment

He'll be 4 months old in a week, so we have a long way to go before we're out of diapers.

I want to be continually excited about the Astros, but man we just can't seem to beat the loving Rangers ever

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol at cloth diaper chat.

disposables from amazon subscribe n save for life.

trying to do cloth with twins would have killed me. well, my wife. because i wouldn't have tried.

Yeah I'm glad we didn't have twins. Having this one convinced us that, like the Giants this year, we'd prefer to go one-and-done. I'm sure that may soften a bit in a year or two when we've forgotten about how bad sleeping is in the first two months and we're riddled with stockholm syndrome, but I suspect this is it. It helps that we got a boy (which we both wanted) and that he's adorable

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My sister had twin boys. I love those little guys, but they are exhausting after a couple of hours. I can't even imagine living with them. They are EVERYWHERE all the time.

My wife and I were on the fence about having kids, but my sister has convinced us that a vasectomy is a better choice.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Someone buy a Kawalimus emote

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000771853/article/history-wild-card-weekend-most-lopsided-since-1981

The combined 76-point differential (19 point average) in the WC games is the highest in the playoffs since 1981 in the Wild Card era.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

https://vimeo.com/37455562

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spoeank posted:

Pfft all about that DINK life (especially when your wife earns more than you do)

What is up, fellow guy who has it figured out

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

fishing with the fam posted:

My sister had twin boys. I love those little guys, but they are exhausting after a couple of hours. I can't even imagine living with them. They are EVERYWHERE all the time.

My wife and I were on the fence about having kids, but my sister has convinced us that a vasectomy is a better choice.

I don't regret having a kid, but he's exhausting. He's been on 2-hour cycles for the last month or so, where he wakes up, eats, then he's up for an hour, then sleeps for an hour, repeat until nighttime. We've been lucky there, though--he sleeps through most of the night. Daycare is the greatest goddamn thing ever though. I posit that it is impossible to truly appreciate your kids until you are away from them for at least a few hours a day.

On a football-related note, here he is on a game day with the missus (week 14):

e: We only have Ravens gear for him right now because her best friend is also a Ravens fan and she just had a son about a year ago, so we got all that stuff. I'll fix it at some point, but gently caress if I'm gonna pay NFL prices for gear that he'll outgrow in less than a month

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

shiksa posted:

What is up, fellow guy who has it figured out

:agreed:

It owns bones. :getin:

• Locked thread