Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I had to play the game twice before I understood it but yeah it's pretty wack.

my favorite part of vii is the crossdressing former genocidal soldier that ends up having sex with 40 year old men

I hope I can go undercover in vanduul territory with a fursuit and a loose rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

TheAgent posted:

I hope I can go undercover in vanduul territory with a fursuit and a loose rear end in a top hat

:same:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

my favorite part of vii is the crossdressing former genocidal soldier that ends up having sex with 40 year old men

according to all theorycrafting citizens: yes

I've already expressed my wishes for chris roberts to implement the leatherclad Dom women with strap on Aegis starship dildos to peg me in zero g whilst quantum autoerotically asphyxiating. Anyone know what patch that's supposed to come in?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I love the arbitrary numbers in this project

FIFTY missions

A HUNDRED star systems

Is 100 systems more fun than 99 systems? I guess 99 isn't enough but 100, well that's just about the biggest number I ever heard of huh so it must be sufficient. 101, we start to spread ourselves too thin. How about making one? :newlol:

Original and Veteran backers are entitled to the 50 mission stretch goal, plus the 16 mission "Behind Enemy Lines" expansion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

TheAgent posted:

I hope they add vanduul to the 7 remake before CIG adds them to SC.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

alf_pogs posted:

build the wall of trump with the bricks of star citizen backer's poo poo

this is some strange new allegory that i don't understand

CIG are building a wall and they're going to make Frontier pay for it.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Why would Erin Roberts, head of Foundry 42, the biggest studio focusing primarily on SQ42, need to fly across the Atlantic for a PU discussion?

And why is this taking place in Austin? Surely Chris could more conveniently have the minions fly to him in LA.

Thanks for the confirmations, Sandi.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

No, that dude is just really good at touch typing. So good that he doesn't need a monitor at all.

Since CIG ONLY hires the best in all things (except marketing).

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

Star Citizen: A fursuit and a loose rear end in a top hat

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chin posted:

Why would Erin Roberts, head of Foundry 42, the biggest studio focusing primarily on SQ42, need to fly across the Atlantic for a PU discussion?

And why is this taking place in Austin? Surely Chris could more conveniently have the minions fly to him in LA.

Why do they need to meet in person at all? Haven't they heard of teleconferencing? :iiam:

It's almost like spreading your dudes across a bunch of studios all over the world isn't a completely good idea.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I love that someone is still pushing the "A Bengal is going to be the size of two or three Battlefield maps" line.

The longest sniper kill I've ever seen in a Battlefield game was over three times the length of a Bengal and that was in loving Battlefield 3.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

the inevitable consequence of SOLDIER.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why do they need to meet in person at all? Haven't they heard of teleconferencing? :iiam:

It's almost like spreading your dudes across a bunch of studios all over the world isn't a completely good idea.

They will go with whatever narrative suits them at the time

When posting pictures of Crobbits skyping someone across the globe while sipping from his CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES branded coffee mug, having multiple studios is the best thing ever because while one studio is sleeping another is awake picking up the slack

Or as we see now, the narrative is that Crobbizle CEO Chairman and Lord Over All must personally sit down with his top men, no matter the cost and distance !! That is just how dedicated he is

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

That was too subtle for /ds:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5n1d7y/derek_smart_doing_a_body_language/

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Trolling /ds is getting too easy...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
The Looming Tickler.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I seem to remember ultimately we were promised 70 missions in Squadron 42.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Amarcarts posted:

As mission 37 will be 'to get the game to load try restarting your router' i wouldnt get too excited about that high number tbh

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Amarcarts posted:

Technically a mission was never defined. Did you make it to the briefing room? Mission accomplished!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Chin posted:

I could swear we saw this picture before, last year some time.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:laffo:

Nice puppet master, Derek

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ewe2 posted:

Say what you want about Derek but the man has these children in a perpetual state of anxiety.

TheAgent posted:

If that gets left out of the remake I riot.

Amarcarts posted:

I'm sure they really meant objectives. 7 objectives. Where did the zero go? Oh it was a zero so it had no value so we just scrubbed it off.

Sappo569 posted:

They will go with whatever narrative suits them at the time

When posting pictures of Crobbits skyping someone across the globe while sipping from his CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES branded coffee mug, having multiple studios is the best thing ever because while one studio is sleeping another is awake picking up the slack

Or as we see now, the narrative is that Crobbizle CEO Chairman and Lord Over All must personally sit down with his top men, no matter the cost and distance !! That is just how dedicated he is

Honestly Chris just looks like wants them to get a desk that looks like it was made out of a plane's wing.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
"I can't work under these conditions, they're not fidelitous enough. Yes I'm sure that's a word."

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

ewe2 posted:

Being semi-retired Derek likes to keep busy but does not want to spend all day doing work just for it to be unappreciated. Luckily /r/dereksmart is there to fall for even the lowest effort trolls.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Derek's posting with twitter scripts disabled looks like he's trying to speak code. With himself.

A perfect match for the AV, though.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Brought to you by PepsiCo

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:lol::lol::lol: that's really great.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Chin posted:

The rumors were true, SQ42 rolled into the PU.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Chin posted:

Much closer.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
:krust:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Merging SQ42 with Star Citizen would make sense. It's idiotic for them to keep to making two games when they practically and provenly can't handle developing one, while the project management is chaotic due to parpy Chris and marketing stuff is taking up all or most of their resources.

However, it would be another link in their chain of broken promises and they have already sold SQ42 as separate packets to get more moneys. It also dramatically reduces the scope of SQ42 (lol 3 episodes with hours and hours of missions and gameplay).

I was more interested in SQ42 than whatever impractical and unfeasable stuff they were dreaming about their MMO.

I am glad that I got out before SQ42 implodes and "is now in the game".

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

What he is complaining about at the start is actually a good idea. People (cultists) suck at replying to things logically and will just hone in on one thing and then add ten more bullshit artifacts. By forcing them to address individual points they might finally learn something instead of pushing it down further.

But then he just complains about it as unfair or something.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
:golfclap:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

This will not end until everyone in the room has been replaced, will it?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Technically a mission was never defined. Did you make it to the briefing room? Mission accomplished!

Technically it was never a promise!

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

radd posted:

Original and Veteran backers are entitled to the 50 mission stretch goal, plus the 16 mission "Behind Enemy Lines" expansion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

*subject to change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

These are all the jokes I found in this amazing photoshop.