Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Right now they are headed directly for the junction and not the forest we are fighting in, which needs to be tweaked.

Long term let us plan for this:

Bradleys and tank forces will move up to where my grenade launchers and recoilless rifles are. Infantry will dismount, tanks (including your abrams) will take up positions in between squads. Forces will then quick move to the ridgeline directly north and clean out all enemy forces they fine. Once that is accomplished they will hold positions long enough for the GLs and RRs to move up and deploy on the ridge, then tanks and infantry will fall back, infantry mount up in bradleys, and all forces will move west, full steam, and prepare to likewise clear a space for the convoy to move through.

I need GI to give me some good pics with the terrain first so I can draw this up for you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Hey guys, due to really lovely real life circumstances I'm going to have to put this game on hold for a while, at least a couple of weeks. I know that might kill the momentum and participation but it's out of my hands. I want to pick it back up and intend to as soon as I can. Just letting you all know.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Thanks for the heads up, hope everything is okay.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
We will still be here GI. Prob would have had to take a break for xmas/new years in any case.

Now, my story begins in 19-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" cause that Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles...

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yeah GI sorry to hear that. I'll still be here whenever your ready to get this thing back up and running.

Assuming polonium poisoning doesn't get me first.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
No worries. You do what you gotta do, GI.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSwZNZKMvt0

I don't think I'll be able to pick this back up until after the holidays if I'm being honest with myself, but I just threw together a little video as a kind of intermission. Thanks everyone for sticking with it this far.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Wow, those graphics settings turn up pretty far.

And the Russian and Ukrainian, almost embracing in death, positively elegiac.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Hauntingly beautiful.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Hey guys, I'm still around and in a better place but now home for the holidays and away from the computer with the game and recording stuff on it. Right now I'm planning to run the last round of orders when I get home next Tuesday/Wednesdayish and depending on who's still around either just picking up where we left off or running some sort of other conclusion so this thing doesn't sit half-finished forever.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Still here!

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Still here! Good to see you back.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Still here.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
I am here.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Here!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Present!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
1st Company Command is ready and rockin'.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

ORDERS ARE FINAL YEEHAW

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

:v:

I guess giving orders probably would have been more useful than giving roll call.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 4, 2017

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Present

:v:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Only took three days to get this up between myself and my internet :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmEveNEFAJ4

Save 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpbkjqzu0ld9uh7/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2036%20NATO%20Replay.bts?dl=0
Save 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/imxklx5g6490g41/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2037%20NATO%20Replay.bts?dl=0

This is probably a bit rough around the edges for a few reasons but hopefully I'll iron that out for the next one. I think I mention it in the video but my intent from here is to give people a week to get back into things and then carry on normally. Looks like a fair few people are still reading so possibly even sooner than that.

Orders tentatively final next Friday at 18:00!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

A+ commentary:v:

Glad to see we're back up and running.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Infantry scouting is hard. :(

You'd think the enemy armor'd be looking skyward.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Pretty quiet in here.

Well, I think we have to face the hard truth that unless the Apache is prioritizing targets correctly (ha, ha), we're going to have to push around the southwest corner with the Abrams(es) and just manfight the Russian overwatch. I can't get eyes on them with a scout team, they get outspotted 20m inside the treeline, so I think we'd have to make that call on the intel we have.

I think it needs to be done, and there's no point in waiting, at least not any longer than it takes to get a mating pair lined up on the start line.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

The Merry Marauder posted:

Pretty quiet in here.

Well, I think we have to face the hard truth that unless the Apache is prioritizing targets correctly (ha, ha), we're going to have to push around the southwest corner with the Abrams(es) and just manfight the Russian overwatch. I can't get eyes on them with a scout team, they get outspotted 20m inside the treeline, so I think we'd have to make that call on the intel we have.

I think it needs to be done, and there's no point in waiting, at least not any longer than it takes to get a mating pair lined up on the start line.

Mortars? Also, where did the UAV go?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Chunky Monkey posted:

Mortars? Also, where did the UAV go?

IIRC it should still be towards the center. We were using it to lob mortars at their tanks.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah, it's still in the middle. I think it's time to move it to the west.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

What's a precision mortar round gonna do to a T-90 besides ding up the optics? Soft vehicles, sure, but relying on a GPS kill seems very optimistic.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
Well, the good news is that it looks like 1st Company managed to hold their push towards the crossroads, though we're pretty fuckin' beat up by this point. r05s, Willie Tomg, can I get a quick roll call to make sure you're both still in the game?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
'sup?

Beat up is fine. We're still making them allocate IFVs and platoons to the central woods which is on balance a tactical victory for us, and will probably finish our job of holding them up until the convoy is in the clear. Relatively speaking. Furthermore, that IFV coming down the middle is making me wonder if that wasn't part of a reinforcing element. An element they've decided to use to keep us in our box in Junction until such time as they can get even more stuff for a coup de grace. idiots, hahahahah lets allow them to make that mistake loudly and proudly and leave some beautiful ukranian corpses while the rest of our gagglefuck battalion gets the convoy off the map.

Nobody can say 1st Co is going down like punks, which is about as good as it gets in these games :haw:

Pretty quiet in here.

Agreed. If you guys start now you'll probably be in place to kick that off around the time the convoy gets to where you are.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Do you guys want to use those Bradleys to help force a breakout? I'm concerned that there are at least two T90s over there and my one Abrahms and a crappy Uk tank are not going to be sufficient.

Edit: I could also pull my other M1A2 from FoD to force a breakout. But then we'd have basically nothing covering our flank there and they've got all kinds of poo poo ready to pour down that field if we leave it undefended.

The Oldest Man fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 9, 2017

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Pretty quiet in here.

Agreed.

Get your guys in the forest and stop the Russians coming south towards our positions.

Americans, we need the Abrams and the new Bradley to get to o2 Company's position ASAP to help force a breakout.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Pretty quiet in here.

Agreed.

Get your guys in the forest and stop the Russians coming south towards our positions.

Americans, we need the Abrams and the new Bradley to get to o2 Company's position ASAP to help force a breakout.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Abrahms is already moving there and should arrive next turn.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
So it sounds like breaking a hole in the west is top priority? I can move the Bradleys that way.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

pthighs posted:

So it sounds like breaking a hole in the west is top priority? I can move the Bradleys that way.

Speaking as someone with no command authority whatsoever but is, for some reason, awake at this godforsaken hour: yea. gently caress it. We're dead, and you can't even see the things that are gonna kill us. But we've spent all our AT killing BTRs so learn from our example and spend your TOWs and autocannon rounds and infantry AT doing some good on the motherfuckers who will prevent us from doing our job which is getting the convoy off the map in good order.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Willie Tomg posted:

Speaking as someone with no command authority whatsoever but is, for some reason, awake at this godforsaken hour: yea. gently caress it. We're dead, and you can't even see the things that are gonna kill us. But we've spent all our AT killing BTRs so learn from our example and spend your TOWs and autocannon rounds and infantry AT doing some good on the motherfuckers who will prevent us from doing our job which is getting the convoy off the map in good order.

You have two tanks behind you, plus some various and sundry AT guns. I'd say we haven't spent even close to all of our AT yet. The biggest problem right now is that no one can see them.

Also GI Did my order to rotate my Bulat get in? It was/is sitting sideways on to Russian armor and AT like a dumbass.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Chunky Monkey posted:

Also GI Did my order to rotate my Bulat get in? It was/is sitting sideways on to Russian armor and AT like a dumbass.

I have no memory of doing this on the last turn so probably not, my bad :(

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Chunky Monkey posted:

You have two tanks behind you, plus some various and sundry AT guns. I'd say we haven't spent even close to all of our AT yet. The biggest problem right now is that no one can see them.

I would agree that is the biggest tactical problem with sundry forces in Junction Woods at the moment, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Hey guys I'm out of town again and phone posting so I am rather limited. My phone's audio blows so I couldn't see or hear what was really going on in that vid so I'll keep things simple.

Orders

GI get those machine guns and my batt HQ up near the action around 1st co. You might have to go back a couple turns for those I apologise. Basically as the Russians push ESE I want them in positions to stop them and not tucked to the south of that ridge like my recoilless rifles are.

A Co

Get the Bradley's up around 1Co and kill some Russians. Make sure the stingers are deployed.

1Co

You are doing God's own work nice job.

2 Co

Get some eyes on the stuff shooting at us and get firm positions on enemy tanks. We need to sweep them out so our convoy can get out. Move your atgms up so they can fire on that field Because:

Tanks

We are going to concentrate our forces and clear that loving field. I want EVERYONE moving west for a big push so we can clear the field. I'd like to coordinate them with atgms and infantry buy due to the nature of this thing it might not work out so I want MASS. Abrams must be there, at the very least I want all of those west.

Discuss.

• Locked thread