Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
If I have an account on someone else's PS4 and buy games on it and later get my own PS4 I can download the games without buying them again right?
What about saved games do they transfer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

as long as you set the ps4 as the primary device for your account you can download the games

and i believe game save files get uploaded to the cloud if you have PS+

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
20 minutes in and TLG is really great. The little interactions are unbelievable, I am pumped for when trico likes me enough to eat barrels right out of my hand

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Walrus posted:

20 minutes in and TLG is really great. The little interactions are unbelievable, I am pumped for when trico likes me enough to eat barrels right out of my hand

Yeah it's really good. I took a break from the sheer misery of Dark Souls 3 to play it for a few hours but I didn't get too far. I'm gonna finish off DS3 and then get back to it. The animations, lighting and sound design are mind blowing.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ive actually been enjoying tlg by playing a little here and there and then going back to something else. it seems like it would be really less fun to be slogging through the whole thing in one sitting

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I bought TLG at launch and played for about two hours. I've since been too busy to play it again so I might as well start over

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Today English Miku comes out so I can buy it again. I'm very good with money.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I can't overstate how much I hated the tooltips in TLG. I enjoyed it a lot but I don't think I could replay it without an option to turn those bloody tutorials off.

Also:

The Walrus posted:

Unfortunately the big guy doesn't have the right kind of mouth for that, he'll always just knock your rear end over with his snout by accident if you hold onto the barrel long enough to make him go for it. You can toss them to him and he'll crunch them right out of the air, though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just got the trophies for passing every song in both sides of Future Tone. I rate that among my top game achievements. Most of them were ho-hum but a few were designed by evil rhythm game gods.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Injustice 2 finally has a release date, May 15, 2017. So the delay was not a big deal. We are not that far away from release.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I really worry that making trico use the medallion is bad for him, or hurts him, or makes him scared :(

edit: weird to hear about it being better to play in pieces though. some of my fondest gaming memories are doing ico and sotc in one or two sittings with my old best buddy as a kid

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

I can't overstate how much I hated the tooltips in TLG. I enjoyed it a lot but I don't think I could replay it without an option to turn those bloody tutorials off.

Didn't they patch that option in right before Christmas? I remember hearing about it but I haven't had the chance to play since the release week.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Bought FFXV during that surprisingly good Christmas sale but before I start I heard from someone that I should wait for a couple of content patches. Is there a solid link with ALL the info? All I can find is a Christmas event.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Bought FFXV during that surprisingly good Christmas sale but before I start I heard from someone that I should wait for a couple of content patches. Is there a solid link with ALL the info? All I can find is a Christmas event.
There's no timeline, nobody knows how long you'd be waiting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah just play it.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Whoever curates the Playstation account on YouTube is a genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vr4El4cmI

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fallout 5 looking good

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

What the gently caress did I just watch.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Fallout 5 looking good

They finally got some better character animations too

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
For Honor closed beta is open for registration.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Montalvo posted:

This looks like it should have aired at 3AM on Adult Swim.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

el oso posted:

For Honor closed beta is open for registration.

Thanks! Still on the fence about this one, the animations look great though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Godamnit why won't my Bloodborne patch ever finish downloading? Every other minute or something I get notified that it can't complete the update.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Montalvo posted:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Walrus posted:

I really worry that making trico use the medallion is bad for him, or hurts him, or makes him scared :(

edit: weird to hear about it being better to play in pieces though. some of my fondest gaming memories are doing ico and sotc in one or two sittings with my old best buddy as a kid

I played it basically in one go and other than taking a break after getting frustrated at one point where I kept getting grabbed while trying to solve the puzzle it was fine.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Beastie posted:

Didn't they patch that option in right before Christmas? I remember hearing about it but I haven't had the chance to play since the release week.

Seems like it was apocryphal, the option wasn't there when I booted and the tooltips were still out in force.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Godamnit why won't my Bloodborne patch ever finish downloading? Every other minute or something I get notified that it can't complete the update.

maybe you need to free up space on your harddrive?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Montalvo posted:

God drat people in the comments are mad about that trailer :allears:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe you need to free up space on your harddrive?

it won't even let you start a patch if there isn't space for it

edit: altho maybe his patch isn't starting at all i guess i just assumed it was

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch.

After a powerful biotechnology was legalized in 2048 in Canada, the Cult of the Symbiote forced their way in as regulators in the Maritimes. Despite their presentation as protectors and healers, the Cult has ruined many lives with their ambitions. As tensions escalate and boiling points are reached, lines will blur, gray areas will clash and the shadow group Gachduine will make choices that have a very real impact for Nova Scotia...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Grouchio posted:

are you currently in an online game or party with somebody you have a nat conflict with

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone have a recommendation for a wireless headset for PS4/PC use that's ~$100? I've been using the official gold headset but the plastic quality is quite poo poo and it snaps after a few months. I was going to order This Turtle Beach headset but some of the reviews say the plastic is also poo poo quality. The official Platinum headset is coming out in a few weeks but I'm not sure I can justify spending $200 on it unless it's loving amazing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ethanol posted:

ive actually been enjoying tlg by playing a little here and there and then going back to something else. it seems like it would be really less fun to be slogging through the whole thing in one sitting

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800772

TLG thread.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

are you currently in an online game or party with somebody you have a nat conflict with
Nope. This is literally the first game I've installed on my console. Why wouldn't I have harddrive space? I'm not even trying to use multiplayer.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
For Honor is a really good melee combat dueling game. The 1v1 and 2v2 modes are great. The weird 4 player DOTA/Dynasty Warriors mode is awful though.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Montalvo posted:

Nice to see that MDickie is continuing to develop games.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Montalvo posted:

February PS+ looking goooooooooooood

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Seems like it was apocryphal, the option wasn't there when I booted and the tooltips were still out in force.

I found this:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/12/21/last-guardian-update-1-03-167mb-includes-improvements-fixes/#/slide/1

I won't be able to test it until Thursday though.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

I didn't see a toggle in options and they were still showing up when I started last night. Might go away once I'm a bit further into the game, then? I'll report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I posted in TLG thread but it seems like a slow moving thread. We may never know.