Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Just in case you weren't sure that PFF's grades are total garbage and their analysis is terrible bullshit, they've released their rankings for the top Secondaries in the NFL, and ranked the Dallas Cowboys as #1 overall, and has increased their grade since Morris Claibourne went out with injury (Claibourne was having a breakout year).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pr...tm_campaign=nfl

note: The Cowboys' defense ranks 13th in Yards/Attempt, 23rd in passer rating allowed to opposing QBs, 27th in INTs, and 31st in completion percentage allowed. The defense hasn't been bad, but that's been because it has been good at preventing teams from getting big plays and coming up big on third downs. In no serious sense is this the NFL's best secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton "could see a scenario" where Carolina releases Jonathan Stewart this offseason.

Stewart has two years left on his contract and will turn 30 in March. He's coming off three-year lows in rushing yards (824) and YPC (3.8), but Stewart ran behind an injury-ravaged line, still scored nine touchdowns, and ran extremely hard, finishing third in Pro Football Focus' elusive rating, which factors in broken tackles. Stewart has missed three games each of the last three seasons. Carolina could save $6.25 million against the cap by making Stewart a post-June 1 cut.

Stewart still has gas in the tank and the Panthers have like the fourth most cap space in the league and absolutely nothing else at runningback so i have no idea what the point of this speculation is.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Stewart still has gas in the tank and the Panthers have like the fourth most cap space in the league and absolutely nothing else at runningback so i have no idea what the point of this speculation is.
Leonard Fournette

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Leonard Fournette

swapping stewart for fournette does nothing to improve the team.

I don't give a poo poo how good he is; he's not going anywhere with those offensive tackles.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

swapping stewart for fournette does nothing to improve the team.

I don't give a poo poo how good he is; he's not going anywhere with those offensive tackles.

The cowboys should keep drafting RB and then trade them to sucker teams that don't have all pro offensive lines for double first round picks forever.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is a good Mina Kimes piece on Tyreek Hill.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18446978/the-unavoidable-dilemma-talking-kansas-city-chiefs-tyreek-hill

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That is a very good piece, and does bring up a good point, that for as poo poo as Hill is, he at least admitted it and was contrite. Compared to Frank Clark or Joe Mixon, you can at least believe he's trying to better himself.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Uh excuse me this is TFF where fake moral outrage is justified as long as the guilty party did ANYTHING WRONG

EVER

IM JESUS

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

That is a very good piece, and does bring up a good point, that for as poo poo as Hill is, he at least admitted it and was contrite. Compared to Frank Clark or Joe Mixon, you can at least believe he's trying to better himself.

I think the better example would be one Greg Hardy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If he got more sacks he would still be playing.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Amy Pole Her posted:

Uh excuse me this is TFF where fake moral outrage is justified as long as the guilty party did ANYTHING WRONG

EVER

IM JESUS

:lol:

Remember how you sent me a string of furious PMs because I typed out "haha" to a Miko Grimes tweet

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

This quote makes Mike Gundy look like a real piece of poo poo:

quote:

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy -- who had visited the police department and asked to look at photos of the victim, according to the arrest report -- kicked Hill off the team. "We try to stress as much as we can to these guys, there's just certain things right now that society frowns upon," he told reporters.

drat societal norms.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Relentlessboredomm posted:

drat societal norms.

Please. One does not beat their pregnant mistress in polite company.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This is dumb. Just don't jam it in there like you're trying to have sex for the first time. You gotta be smooth and sensual, take your time and just let it glide in and out, ever so slowly

No, there is no reason to use q-tips.

quote:

Don't use q-tips.

Exactly this. Seriously, stop doing it

http://www.rd.com/health/wellness/ear-wax-removal-q-tips/

http://gizmodo.com/doctors-seriously-stop-sticking-q-tips-in-your-ears-1790710578

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dont-use-q-tips-inside-ears-bad-for-you_us_56e19dece4b0b25c9180f76d

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/20/we-have-a-q-tips-problem/?utm_term=.bfe2754fb66a

http://www.healthyhearing.com/report/47773-Swab-hearing-loss

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/03/health/earwax-cleaning-guidelines/

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Prince Shembo?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Prince Shembo?

Peyton Manning

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

fyallm posted:

No, there is no reason to use q-tips.

Exactly this. Seriously, stop doing it

Yeah I got a blockage one time in my ears and that pretty much curtailed my q-tip use. The process for removing it wasn't bad (they basically put a bigass syringe of water in your ear and use that to force it out), but waking up unable to hear in one ear was pretty terrifying.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

TheChirurgeon posted:

Just in case you weren't sure that PFF's grades are total garbage and their analysis is terrible bullshit, they've released their rankings for the top Secondaries in the NFL, and ranked the Dallas Cowboys as #1 overall, and has increased their grade since Morris Claibourne went out with injury (Claibourne was having a breakout year).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pr...tm_campaign=nfl

note: The Cowboys' defense ranks 13th in Yards/Attempt, 23rd in passer rating allowed to opposing QBs, 27th in INTs, and 31st in completion percentage allowed. The defense hasn't been bad, but that's been because it has been good at preventing teams from getting big plays and coming up big on third downs. In no serious sense is this the NFL's best secondary.

haha wait, people actually think the Cowboys have the best secondary in the NFL? Every week when I watch them I hope we draft another CB or DB and they turn out to be a stud... Claiborne hasn't been the greatest but I still prefer that pick vs Kirkpatrick. At the time of the draft I wanted dallas to get kirkpatrick but I think I was wrong and am glad we took Claiborne, even with all of his drat injuries.

Also is it just Dallas that has so many injuries in the secondary? I swear there are at least 2 major injures every season.

fyallm fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 11, 2017

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

TheChirurgeon posted:

Just in case you weren't sure that PFF's grades are total garbage and their analysis is terrible bullshit, they've released their rankings for the top Secondaries in the NFL

I dunno, they ranked the Saints 29, and that can't be off by more than 3 spots.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah I got a blockage one time in my ears and that pretty much curtailed my q-tip use. The process for removing it wasn't bad (they basically put a bigass syringe of water in your ear and use that to force it out), but waking up unable to hear in one ear was pretty terrifying.

lol if yours wasn't so bad that it popped out of your ear and stuck against the wall.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A stat that has the Cowboys and Patriot secondaries above the Broncos.

By Pass Defense DVOA (which is going to include coverage by linebackers):

1. Broncos
2. Eagles
3. Cardinals
4. Giants
5. Texans
6. Buccaneers
7. Chiefs
8. Vikings
9. Chargers
10. Ravens
11. Panthers
12. Steelers
13. Seahawks
14. Dolphins
15. Bengals
16. Jaguars
17. Bears
18. Cowboys
19. Falcons
20. Rams
21. Bills
22. Packers
23. Patriots
24. Washington
25. Raiders
26. Titans
27. Colts
28. 49ers
29. Saints
30. Browns
31. Jets
32. Lions

Well, they both agree on the Saints.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

fyallm posted:

haha wait, people actually think the Cowboys have the best secondary in the NFL? Every week when I watch them I hope we draft another CB or DB and they turn out to be a stud... Claiborne hasn't been the greatest but I still prefer that pick vs Kirkpatrick. At the time of the draft I wanted dallas to get kirkpatrick but I think I was wrong and am glad we took Claiborne, even with all of his drat injuries.

Also is it just Dallas that has so many injuries in the secondary? I swear there are at least 2 major injures every season.

Yeah the point is that PFF is garbage and their grades are made-up nonsense. I don't agree with all of the FO stuff, but it's at least grounded in a stat process. I miss Brian Burke's site, though. Before he got bought out by ESPN (they basically bought it to cannibalize his Win Percentage Added metric to fold into QBR and to get his win probability charts), he was doing some really great work.

Dallas had some major injuries in the secondary this year--Claibourne has been out since the Packers game and Church and Wilcox both missed time--but should be pretty healthy going into this week's game. The only major injuries are guys who were promising but never really made the field (Tapper, Smith) and two of our better blocking Tight Ends (Geoff Swaim, James Hanna).

FizFashizzle posted:

lol if yours wasn't so bad that it popped out of your ear and stuck against the wall.

drat, son

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I had both done, and both had gotten so bad gradually that i didnt notice it was happening.

Everything was deafening when I walked out of there.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

TheChirurgeon posted:

Dallas had some major injuries in the secondary this year--Claibourne has been out since the Packers game and Church and Wilcox both missed time--but should be pretty healthy going into this week's game. The only major injuries are guys who were promising but never really made the field (Tapper, Smith) and two of our better blocking Tight Ends (Geoff Swaim, James Hanna).

Yeah I guess I meant injuries over the years such as: Scandricks MCL, ACL. Barry Church broken arm, and Achilles tendon. Brandon Carr's broken bone in his hand. Clairbons effed up wrist, dislcoated shoulder, patellar tendon, etc . JJ wilcox (is bad) thigh injury... Im sure im forgetting others.

fyallm fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 11, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Y'all got some nasty rear end ears what the gently caress

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Remember how you sent me a string of furious PMs because I typed out "haha" to a Miko Grimes tweet

Pron, you are making it really hard to remember who you are.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Amy Pole Her posted:

EVER

IM JESUS

It's just a little abuse guys Jesus what's with all this fake moral outrage.

Obviously you all are out to get Hill because ???????

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This is it guys!!!

THIS IS IT!

This argument. This argument is the time we finally sort out domestic abuse in pro sports.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

fyallm posted:

Yeah I guess I meant injuries over the years such as: Scandricks MCL, ACL. Barry Church broken arm, and Achilles tendon. Brandon Carr's broken bone in his hand. Clairbons effed up wrist, dislcoated shoulder, patellar tendon, etc . JJ wilcox (is bad) thigh injury... Im sure im forgetting others.

I mean we've had injuries, but I think they're more noticeable because the team has had very poor depth, especially on the defensive side of the ball. When your best CB is only above average, then the guy behind him is probably pretty bad and losing him hurts a lot more, even if the dropoff isn't as big as it might be if he were a potential HoFer.

Claibourne has gotten a pretty bad rap--most CBs take a few years to develop into competent starters and playing in a Rob Ryan defense is a losing proposition no matter how talented you are. I no longer feel like he was a bust, but I wouldn't have traded up for him (or anyone, really). It seems a lot worse when you consider that the upside to getting someone like Kirkpatrick and staying put at 14 would have been getting someone like Alshon Jeffrey (who the pick was actually used on after the Rams traded it to the Bears), Mychal Kendricks, or Bobby Wagner in the 2nd round with the 45th pick.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I used q-tips for my ears a lot when I was a kid. Seriously, don't use them. It's basically akin to loading a civil war era cannon.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

"When Tafoya was finished, Tirico explained that when Chiefs general manager John Dorsey chose Hill, he had to have anticipated a backlash in Kansas City, where linebacker Jovan Belcher had murdered the mother of his child, Kasandra Perkins, in 2012 before committing suicide"

So many commas... so many

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spoeank posted:

This is it guys!!!

THIS IS IT!

This argument. This argument is the time we finally sort out domestic abuse in pro sports.

We just sorted it out it's a little mistake are you not paying attention.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Manziel gonna be at the SB

For $79 you get a selfie and a handwritten 4 word inscription

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If I had a friend who punched his pregnant girlfriend I wouldn't talk to that dude anymore and I would think he was a pos.

I don't even know Tyreek Hill

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chances are you have a friend who stabbed someone

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chances are you have a friend who stabbed someone

Let he who has not stabbed someone cast the first stone

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Azhais posted:

Let he who has not stabbed someone cast the first stone

I hear it's real fun, the more you do it the more you like it!

--Susan Atkins

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Remember when he called out a fellow airline passenger for being "passive aggressive"?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

You know that everything is saved and can be proven right?

Like I can even go back and post, showing how much you make up this poo poo. But I won't because it's a huge waste of time. Feel free to though.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Remember when he called out a fellow airline passenger for being "passive aggressive"?

This is as good a time as any to tell you to stop adding me on Facebook. I have zero desire to have pictures of a dude with the face of a nutsack and the wit of a 15 year old litter up my poo poo

• Locked thread