Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

fyallm posted:

The compelling case for top 10 is the fact there is Hooker and Jamal... And the Chargers need desperate help along with the Titans.

And the case against is that drafting a safety in the top 10 hasn't worked out most of the time (Roy Williams was drafted before Ed Reed woooooo). The Chargers will probably draft a safety, but the Titans are just as likely to look at CB and WR with their two first round picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

the mean lunch lady posted:

It still works?!

Get this: millions of people still use AOL dialup for internet

e: Well this is a bit old, but 2015 wasn't THAT long ago

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/08/technology/aol-dial-up/

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Do you still have a MySpace?

No, I don't know if I ever actually had a myspace. I have a facebook that I never use

Intruder posted:

Get this: millions of people still use AOL dialup for internet

Yeah, though as they die off their accounts tend to go dormant once the credit charges get declined.

This is a really good article about the history of AOL instant messenger and why it's still going strong among the : http://mashable.com/2014/04/15/aim-history/#SjoyoLlqaPqs

quote:

AIM still functions, the way a ghost town silently weathers on. AOL declined to provide numbers on active users for this story, but a 2011 report said AIM held a 0.7% share of the world messenger market.

Top 1% baby.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why in the world are you using AIM for business in 2017? There are so many other communication tools that are better.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

is there a hip new text chat program people use on their computers these days or is it all facebook and gmail chat

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Do you still have a MySpace?

He has all that stuff on a Geocities site instead.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Angelfire is where it's at

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why in the world are you using AIM for business in 2017? There are so many other communication tools that are better.

Mostly use google chat for business, but there's a lot of us who prefer the quiet simplicity of AIM as do a bunch of my college friends.

Tavarin posted:

He has all that stuff on a Geocities site instead.

My YTMND is going away though :(

Intruder posted:

Angelfire is where it's at

That's it, you're out of my Futurama fansite webring.

Now I'm reminiscing about downloading mp2's from ftp servers at school, spanning them across a half dozen floppies, then rebuilding them so I could play them in mpxplay on my pc running dos.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 11, 2017

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

When I talk to people about AIM or Something Awful the response is usually the same.

"Wait it still exists?"

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

Mostly use google chat for business, but there's a lot of us who prefer the quiet simplicity of AIM as do a bunch of my college friends.

Slack is the new hotness, though I still use AIM and GChat

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mulaney Power Move posted:

is there a hip new text chat program people use on their computers these days or is it all facebook and gmail chat

At my work we use Cisco Jabber, at home I just mumble to myself

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
also WhatsApp is good

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I have had nothing but problems with Boston at work today and I'm pretty sure it's the Patriots fault.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

TheChirurgeon posted:

Slack is the new hotness, though I still use AIM and GChat

My boss tried to start using trello and holy gently caress is that annoying. Also after trying to use it for 5 months, the first 3 being bombarded with emails and notifications galore, everyone just stopped using it. And it looks like they just got bought up so hopefully it goes away.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

also WhatsApp is good
Especially for international texting

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Slack was better when it was called IRC.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fyallm posted:

The compelling case for top 10 is the fact there is Hooker and Jamal... And the Chargers need desperate help along with the Titans.

the titans need corners not safeties

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TheChirurgeon posted:

And the case against is that drafting a safety in the top 10 hasn't worked out most of the time (Roy Williams was drafted before Ed Reed woooooo). The Chargers will probably draft a safety, but the Titans are just as likely to look at CB and WR with their two first round picks.

Lol we aren't drafting a safety

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Landry and Ajayi headed to the pro bowl

Please don't get hurt

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

As far as I know AIM and Yahoo Communicator is still in heavy use amongst some institutional equities and commodities traders. At least there's still the option on my Bloomberg to also log into your AIM and Yahoo accounts.

So yes there's a good chance the guy in charge of your retirement savings is chatting on AIM.

Also I've been registered on the forums now for more than half my life. gently caress.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
its cool as heck that the Titans went from one of the worst OL to the top rated. Ben Jones was a great addition in FA, he's been rock solid and has really helped Marcus.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

its cool as heck that the Titans went from one of the worst OL to the top rated. Ben Jones was a great addition in FA, he's been rock solid and has really helped Marcus.

Having an nfl quality center does own

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

That straight up just doesn't happen. Over the last 5 years, no safety has gone in the top 10, and only 2 went in the top 15 (at 14th and 15th). There's only been one safety drafted in the top 5 since 1992 and that was Sean Taylor and only 7 drafted in the top 10 since 1991 (and none since 2007).

Kind of aghast that you'd forget Eric Berry drafted #5.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

a neat cape posted:

Lol we aren't drafting a safety

you also weren't going to draft Melvin Gordon but then here we are

kiimo posted:

Kind of aghast that you'd forget Eric Berry drafted #5.

i only went back to 2011 initially, then missed some spots when I went further back. Gonna happen when I'm only putting in so much time at work for this.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 12, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I used to use aim to talk to members of this forum about....stuff happening on the forums.

Hooverfan used to message me all the time to tell me to shut the gently caress up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah but RB was at least a major need

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I have Lync which is tied into my company's outlook, I use it sometimes.

Mostly to have a chat window show up on my GM'S desktop so she can ask me "How did you do that?" Instead of answering the question I asked in the message

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Adun posted:

As far as I know AIM and Yahoo Communicator is still in heavy use amongst some institutional equities and commodities traders. At least there's still the option on my Bloomberg to also log into your AIM and Yahoo accounts.

So yes there's a good chance the guy in charge of your retirement savings is chatting on AIM.
AIM makes sense as SEC/FINRA-compliant archival solutions like Smarsh and Global Relay still support it. Yahoo is almost certainly hosed though.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
As much as S sucks for the Chargers right now, I think they're better off getting another pass rusher with their first, regardless of whether they resign Ingram or not. I think a pretty decent one could be had in either of the next two rounds, also depending on how FA shakes out.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

TheChirurgeon posted:

i only went back to 2011 initially, then missed some spots when I went further back. Gonna happen when I'm only putting in so much time at work for this.

So Eric Berry was 5, Earl Thomas was 14, and I couldn't remember who 15 was. I was starting to think, dang, safeties don't often go high but when they do they're real studs!

So naturally I had to see who 15 was

It was Kenny Vaccaro in 2013

Well...

https://youtu.be/k5hWWe-ts2s

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs fans were bitching still until this year that the Chiefs took Berry at 5.

At the beginning of the year almost all the fans and media unilaterally decided the Chiefs made a major mistake keeping Berry over Sean Smith who went to the Raiders.

Sean Smith doesn't even start for the Raiders any more.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Have fun Atlanta.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Eric Berry.... more like Eric VERY good!!! Did you know he beat cancer? Bet he was pretty... CRABBY during that time!!! Don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses, but just the tip, haha!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a patagonian cavy posted:

Eric Berry.... more like Eric VERY good!!! Did you know he beat cancer? Bet he was pretty... CRABBY during that time!!! Don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses, but just the tip, haha!!

:chloe:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I think Atlanta is going to win the superbowl

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Have fun Atlanta.

I don't expect to win in Atl, anything else this year isbjust gravy

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

slack and discord are for people too retarded to use irc

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

shirts and skins posted:

So Eric Berry was 5, Earl Thomas was 14, and I couldn't remember who 15 was. I was starting to think, dang, safeties don't often go high but when they do they're real studs!

So naturally I had to see who 15 was

It was Kenny Vaccaro in 2013

Well...

https://youtu.be/k5hWWe-ts2s

Yeah even with Berry, the record for top 10 safeties isn't very good. The larger point is, safeties are drafted later than CBs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
bears are gonna draft a safety at 3 so the chargers don't have to worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

Chiefs fans were bitching still until this year that the Chiefs took Berry at 5.

At the beginning of the year almost all the fans and media unilaterally decided the Chiefs made a major mistake keeping Berry over Sean Smith who went to the Raiders.

Sean Smith doesn't even start for the Raiders any more.

Smith had a rough beginning but regained his starting spot and is still really good

• Locked thread