Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did they ever establish if Lorenzo Lamas is playing a character or if he's straight up Lorenzo Lamas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Having Lorenzo Lamas around from time to time is pretty awesome

also Dario calling in the main event on the RED PHONE

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
RING THE BELL!!!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Did they ever establish if Lorenzo Lamas is playing a character or if he's straight up Lorenzo Lamas?

he is "Counselor (Councilman?) Delgado" but basically Lorenzo Lamas

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Having Lorenzo Lamas around from time to time is pretty awesome

also Dario calling in the main event on the RED PHONE

Apparently the system is that Dario picks up the RED PHONE, whoever takes the call sends out runners to make the appropriate changes, including bringing a card to Matt Striker.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I imagine that lollipop stick would hurt quite a bit if he gets hit right there

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Saddle em up, Te Han Oh

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I love Joey Ryan so much

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Heel Texano allied with Famous B could actually be interesting. Or at least something less generic for Texano to do

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
That is the biggest horseshoe I have ever seen

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That man cares for his significant other, boooooooo!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
hahaha at the one guy yelling "I BELIEVED IN YOU JOHNNY"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

hahaha at the one guy yelling "I BELIEVED IN YOU JOHNNY"

"I ALWAYS BELIEVED! :gonk:" :lol:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Question -- during the break, they said "all new next week", but I thought this was the mid-season finale tonight? Confirm/deny?

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

THIS IS UNSPORTSMANLIKE!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

Question -- during the break, they said "all new next week", but I thought this was the mid-season finale tonight? Confirm/deny?

Yeah, that's just a pre-recorded thing played on the wrong week

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/819354356151713794

(edit): he deleted it but it basically said "Temple security looks a lot more like local indie workers than I remember" hahaha

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Thanks! Also, as soon as I saw the first security dude take a bump, I assumed they were all indie workers :)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/819354356151713794

(edit): he deleted it but it basically said "Temple security looks a lot more like local indie workers than I remember" hahaha

I think the guy with the fro was one of the jobbers from that "these guys" team Worldwide Underground squashed on a Youtube match.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

this whole power gauntlet thing that cage is wearing is a little hokey even for lu standards.

well ok he took it off before the match, i can handle that

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Has there ever been a wrestler whose entire gimmick has been being kinda genre savvy? Like, whenever they hear the crowd suddenly cheering they actually looking around, or when people arrive at ringside to distract them they don't take their eye off their opponent

Also hey it's a classic Stone Cold set

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For those that don't remember the conversation with the police chief, Veneno is Cortez Castro going back undercover

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's similar-to-but-legally-distinct-from-Spider-man/Venom man!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

For those that don't remember the conversation with the police chief, Veneno is Cortez Castro going back undercover

Ahahaha and he instantly gets squashed.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
poor loving Cortez hahahah

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol Castro can never catch a break

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Now Sexy Star is beating him up too :laugh:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

lol Castro can never catch a break

"Spider gimmick, that's pretty generic OH GOD WHY IS SEXY STAR ATTACKING ME"

also the believers on the exit side there missed an opportunity, should have sold those gauntlet fist bumps like death :mad:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Has there ever been a wrestler whose entire gimmick has been being kinda genre savvy? Like, whenever they hear the crowd suddenly cheering they actually looking around, or when people arrive at ringside to distract them they don't take their eye off their opponent

i remember JR commenting on the latter as something he never liked because it doesn't make sense that a trained athlete would lose their focus and turn their backs on their opponent just because someone's theme music hits or something. not that distractions can't be done properly, just that often they aren't.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Really gotta stop breaking the equipment Puma

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i remember JR commenting on the latter as something he never liked because it doesn't make sense that a trained athlete would lose their focus and turn their backs on their opponent just because someone's theme music hits or something. not that distractions can't be done properly, just that often they aren't.

I remember very clearly at one point in the RAW threads someone complaining about this very thing literally minutes before the Wyatt's music hitting in the middle of a match, the wrestler in control ignoring the music in favor of continuing to beat on his opponent, and then immediately getting shitstomped from behind by Luke Harper.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fatherdog posted:

I remember very clearly at one point in the RAW threads someone complaining about this very thing literally minutes before the Wyatt's music hitting in the middle of a match, the wrestler in control ignoring the music in favor of continuing to beat on his opponent, and then immediately getting shitstomped from behind by Luke Harper.

I can suspend disbelief for it on occasion, but I swear there was one episode of RAW where they did it in like four different matches

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't Cobb and Horus have a bunch of matches on the indies? They seem to work together really well.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I love Azteca, that leap off the chair

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Matanza is so freaking strong

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
SEE YA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:stare:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Please don't kill Rey Rey

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
if you look closely, you can see me RUNNING THE gently caress AWAY from Matanza punching people in the crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Now that was an AWESOME spot!! :rock:

• Locked thread