Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wasn't until this discussion of women's disguises that I realized all the men are the same shape in the game. No problem getting a disguise when all their clothes fit 47 to a T.

Or maybe it was because I also saw Austin Powers over the weekend and there's that sight gag scene where they infiltrate Virtucon and disguise themselves in the outfits worn by a fat woman and a Lurch-size man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Everyone is also bald and muscular/hat wearing/toupee having which is really convenient for 47.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

it's almost like this is some kind of

video game

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Asmodai_00 posted:

it's almost like this is some kind of

video game

Instead of holding X to change into the pizza chef's disguise you have to mash X so as to inflate the Fat Suit pack you wear around your midsection.

The Fat Suit is attained when achieving Level 20 Mastery on the Kokugikan map.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I mean, Hitman can 100% get away with that imo because they have brushed off the most important thing for years. 47 would be a terrible disguise artist. He's got a loving barcode tattoo on the back of his loving head. He never tries to put makeup on it to cover it up. He never holds his hand over it when he's walking around in incredibly suspicious places. He never covers it up with hats that go far enough down on his head. Hell, he tried to slice it off and it grew back, he straight up cannot get rid of it.

So I'm glad they don't care about that aspect, I think it makes the games better.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

CJacobs posted:

I mean, Hitman can 100% get away with that imo because they have brushed off the most important thing for years. He would be a terrible disguise artist. He's got a loving barcode tattoo on the back of his loving head.

So I'm glad they don't care about that aspect, I think it makes the games better.

How do you know Helmut doesn't have one on the back of his head too? What do you mean you can see the back of his head whenever you want, he's wearing make up he's probably hiding a bar code under that.

Edit: I actually saw someone today on campus with a barcode tattoo on the back of their neck, so maybe it's not all that weird. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe Helmut is one of those Agent 47 clones they introduced several games ago and then never did anything with! :iiam:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The barcode tattoo is just really popular in the Hitman universe. Blends him in anywhere he goes.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Enter A World of Being Accidently Priced at the Self-Checkout Counter

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

$47.00

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Dude, 00.47! ;)

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Helmut is actually another clone, but this one was designed to be the most fabulous hitman of all time. Agent 23: the master of fashion.

Also makeup. Lots and lots of makeup.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pyroi posted:

Helmut is actually another clone, but this one was designed to be the most fabulous hitman of all time. Agent 23: the master of fashion.

Also makeup. Lots and lots of makeup.

No joke, I think you could apply lots of tried and tested videogame mechanics to make a really fun modeling game.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

IOI loves that number. 47 was, well, 47 years old at the time of the first game. Pretty crazy he's like 60-something but his evaluation at the Gama facility describes him as having the body and overall health of an incredibly fit 20-something.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Come with me
And you'll see
A world of pure assassination~

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Fiber wire
Sharp attire
In a world
of pure assassination

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

IOI loves that number. 47 was, well, 47 years old at the time of the first game. Pretty crazy he's like 60-something but his evaluation at the Gama facility describes him as having the body and overall health of an incredibly fit 20-something.

I like the quote from one of the doctor reports.
"Mr. Rieper is like a one giant stem cell. Could we come up with something to make him stay here longer? I want to run some more tests."

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

poptart_fairy posted:

Just 47 in women's clothes, played entirely straight.
"Interesting. Your target is expecting the Countess to arrive to accompany him to the ball any moment, and the two have never met. How are you in heels, 47?"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
She has your eyes, 47.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Popoi posted:

"Interesting. Your target is expecting the Countess to arrive to accompany him to the ball any moment, and the two have never met. How are you in heels, 47?"

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

the experience is consummated
Pillbug
Anyone else making contracts? I've kind of drifted in and out of it - on the one hand, it's still limited and you're still throwing your finished work into an uncaring void to an extent, but on the other, building the things is a really good way of challenging yourself, especially when you go in with a specific goal in mind - all 5 a different kind of accident, or all targets with the same surname. Even building a sniper contract means you have to sneak across the map to mark the targets close-up. I know Sapienza back to front primarily through making a dozen contracts for it, and Colorado's going the same way. Plus, it's a reason to keep playing even after all the kit's unlocked.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Share some of those contracts in here then. I just finished SAing all the non-sniper featured contracts (nor that goddamn vampire drowning one that seems impossible or at the least very tedious without the vault glitch) and am looking for more things to do. You're right about that uncaring void though. I'm not the greatest, but I was still able to consistently place in the 20s and occasionally top 10 on all of those contracts, so I can only assume that practically nobody ever plays them.

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

Pillbug

Mondian posted:

Share some of those contracts in here then.

Searching for "Accident Man" will get you the last three I did - I'm trying to do sets of five different suit-only accidents for every level, some easy, some a little tougher.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If you get cleared during a frisk can you walk away, trouser a pistol then come back and be let through again without a second frisk? :v:

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Nah, the guards are smarter than that, but there are always methods to get around the frisk (either disguises or a physical way around), or use a concealable weapon.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Rats, time to be a bit sneakier then. :)

I'm working on the "shoot Dahlia after meeting her as Tobias Rieper" challenge. Maybe I can introduce myself to the guards and then sneak through a window to avoid getting risked, hrmm.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
You used to be able to do it, then at some point something changed and you either can't do it at all or have to do it in a very short timeframe.

Kolnikov
Mar 25, 2016

Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm working on the "shoot Dahlia after meeting her as Tobias Rieper" challenge. Maybe I can introduce myself to the guards and then sneak through a window to avoid getting risked, hrmm.

That back drainpipe that goes right up to the auction is extremely useful for most situations, and I'm pretty sure you could reach it without getting spotted, especially with an invite. Unless I'm misremembering where the searches happen...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

poptart_fairy posted:

The balcony that the auction room opens out onto has a guard posted at one end. On the other end is a pipe that goes all the way down to ground level, so if you make it past the guards and waitstaff you can skip all of the frisks and take whatever weapons you want up to your seat as Rieper. You can even pick up something along the way if you use the Shed as your Agency Pickup.

Edit: I'm playing through Bangkok for the first time, and like with Marrakesh, I'm trying to make my first run the SASO run. You have to really focus and fight for almost every inch of ground in this map. So far there's been a real lack of places to dump bodies and each section of hallway is laid out so that there are lots of angles to be seen from. Having to watch out for guests and guards spotting you from over railings on floors above has been annoying. Though it is nice being able to shoot out cameras from the floor below.

Also, I equipped my lockpick but I haven't been able to use it or a crowbar on any door so that was a bit of a waste. Everything is either already open or requires a key card. Luckily that room of Morgan's the staff is cleaning up has a master keycard that I just picked up.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 12, 2017

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

You're going to love Colorado.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Lobok posted:

Luckily that room of Morgan's the staff is cleaning up has a master keycard that I just picked up.

You got that keycard SASO? God you're pro...

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

poptart_fairy posted:

One of the highest mastery unlocks starts you undercover at the auction so you can always go for other challenges until you have that one.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That occured to me just as I posted. Thanks for the advice anyway guys. :haw:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Discendo Vox posted:

You got that keycard SASO? God you're pro...

I wouldn't go that far! Without any ways to open doors I was more or less stuck at that end of that hallway unless I wanted to backtrack or load an earlier save but the other routes I had seen so far didn't seem any easier. So Morgan's suite was really the only option. There's actually a window of time large enough after you hear the two workers talk about Morgan being a shitbag where they go back into the suite (I think the guy goes to the washroom) that you can sneak into the bedroom of the suite, close the door, and start picking off the staff one by one. Though if someone ever actually ends up going into the bedroom I'm screwed cuz it's piled with bodies but that entire suite has no dumping areas.

Then it was just good fortune finding out that the suite has both the master keycard and a balcony pipe to take me up to higher floors.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Is there a trick to the cheevo for shooting novikov on the runway? I clearly plugged him with the 5mm in the head, get the ballistic kill msg but nothing happened :mad:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It specifically has to be done when he's giving a speech in Sato's absence. Bizarrely, you can trigger this by turning on the coin-activated Napoleon diorama behind Sato in the stylist area

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Is there a trick to the cheevo for shooting novikov on the runway? I clearly plugged him with the 5mm in the head, get the ballistic kill msg but nothing happened :mad:
He has to be the one making the speech, not Sato.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

does every level have a super suit? bodyguard could go anywhere in paris (though got IDed by a couple of upper stairwell guards), i sorta wanna run around in a biohazard suit in sapienza

and i have to do colorado for the first time so i have mastery for the elusive man from mass effect, which is totally who that guy is

this games pretty great, i am killing people with toilets

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^I'd say the super suit in Paris is Krueger. Access to all floors and no frisking IIRC. I'm not sure if he can get into the surveillance parts of the attic but those are easy enough to navigate anyway even if you're Trespassing.

Are all of the drinks/food in a level worthwhile to poison or are lots of them there as decoys so it's not immediately obvious which one your targets will use? Some are used by guards or people who have useful disguises but there seem to be way too many even for that purpose and that you'd be wasting a poison.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Lots of them seem to be placed with contracts or elusive targets in mind. You're better off observing where a given person goes if you want to poison them and make note of it for later.