Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Crazy Ted posted:

I know I'm way late but holy lol at the Chargers playing in a 27,000 seat MLS stadium on a college campus for two years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crazy Ted posted:

I know I'm way late but holy lol at the Chargers playing in a 27,000 seat MLS stadium on a college campus for two years

At least this way they might get 50% attendance

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Is there a reason why the new logo just looks like a hosed-up 44? I thought it might even be an entry to the union reference, but nop, CA was 31st. It's just... a hosed up 44. Some secret blame of our 44th President? Who knows. The truth is out there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There's just no logic to this whole things unless ya know the owner expects the team to be worth 1 billion more

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Is there a reason why the new logo just looks like a hosed-up 44? I thought it might even be an entry to the union reference, but nop, CA was 31st. It's just... a hosed up 44. Some secret blame of our 44th President? Who knows. The truth is out there.
Because they're blatantly ripping off the Dodgers?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It'd better be worth at least $650 million more lol

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Is the owners box in Stubhub field close enough to throw a slushi at? Asking for a friend

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

It'd better be worth at least $650 million more lol
This whole thing is Spanos thinking he can sell the Chargers for two billion or more. If that's what the L.A. Clippers could get that much after being an NBA laughing stock for 30 years, that amount is probably the floor for an NFL team in Los Angeles.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
If only the 49ers were good so the Rams and Chargers could both be last place teams for the next 5 years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just can't get over a thirty thousand seat stadium

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Crazy Ted posted:

This whole thing is Spanos thinking he can sell the Chargers for two billion or more. If that's what the L.A. Clippers could get that much after being an NBA laughing stock for 30 years, that amount is probably the floor for an NFL team in Los Angeles.

So you're saying we should blame Steve Ballmer for the Chargers leaving?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Amy Pole Her posted:

There's just no logic to this whole things unless ya know the owner expects the team to be worth 1 billion more

Well he gets to rent the $2.6 billion stadium for $1 per year and even get's ~9% of the non-football event revenue, so uhm, that's a very good deal?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

it would be cool if they mount davis'd a dumbass soccer stadium doing renovations after the first year

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

FizFashizzle posted:

I'll be shocked if they can even fill that for an entire season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao the Chargers you dumb fucks

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Their primary ones still pretty much are, aren't they?

No that would imply they were good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'll be shocked if they can even fill that for an entire season

Maybe 44 represents their expected average attendance?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

Well he gets to rent the $2.6 billion stadium for $1 per year and even get's ~9% of the non-football event revenue, so uhm, that's a very good deal?

... what do you think he gets if he stayed in San Diego and sunk that $650mm into the stadium there, exactly?

I did not know he got 9% of the stadiums non football revenue but even then, that's a few million at most. Even you know that's a terrible investment.

It's gotta be because he's got strong evidence that his team will double in value from move

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

They're accounting for the number of fans in LA that will rooting for the Chargers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What's Matt Ryan been up to this season?

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/24874/he-doesnt-need-it-anymore-but-glove-now-part-of-matt-ryans-routine

Christ, is he really this god drat boring?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I'll be following this team specifically because of Philip Rivers but once he's gone, I'm loving done.

The NFL isn't getting a goddamn dime of my money

Sorry, bro.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

He's been up to having an MVP season and leading a historically good offense who cares what he wears on his now throwing hand? It's working! :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Kansas City might have close to an inch of ice on the ground by kickoff time on Sunday so good luck getting to your home playoff game Chiefs fans

Yeah KC's under a winter storm watch from noon tomorrow until 2PM Sunday, it's supposed to be freezing rain tomorrow evening possibly constantly until gametime.

The good news for travel is it never gets super cold, so road salt and stuff will work. Things get just hopelessly miserable when it's icy and under 15 degrees.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/819628587712126979

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
LOL, other sports franchises' twitter styling on the chargers is the best unexpected outcome here.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

after getting ticket upgrades reviewing the video tape....

quote:

The District Attorney has reduced the charges against Steelers OLBs coach Joey Porter after reviewing surveillance video.

Originally charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, resisting arrest, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct, Porter is now only facing the final two, relatively minor, charges. It's unclear if this will be enough to get him back on the sideline for this weekend's Divisional Round game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Joey Porter getting off easy boy thats weird

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

FizFashizzle posted:

after getting ticket upgrades reviewing the video tape....

What a joke.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

I missed Baron, but that's not making a compelling case for taking a Safety in the top 10. I'm still not convinced we'll see 3 safeties go before pick #28, particularly if this year's CB class is strong.

2015 may have been a "weak" class for safeties, but it still produced Landon Collins at the #33 pick.
Eric Berry went 5th overall.

kiimo posted:

Chiefs fans were bitching still until this year that the Chiefs took Berry at 5.

At the beginning of the year almost all the fans and media unilaterally decided the Chiefs made a major mistake keeping Berry over Sean Smith who went to the Raiders.

Sean Smith doesn't even start for the Raiders any more.
Berry was an All-Pro twice before this year, and that's with a year lost to Hodgkin's. I think more Chiefs fans were angry that they didn't give him a huge extension this offseason.

Spring Break My Heart fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 12, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Eric Berry went 5th overall.

Berry was an All-Pro twice before this year, and that's with a year lost to Hodgkin's. I think more Chiefs fans were angry that they didn't give him a huge extension this offseason.

I wasn't going to respond since it was pages and pages ago, but all my interaction with Chiefs fans these days comes from two places: Chiefs Planet and 810 podcasts. At the beginning of the year all the guys on 810 agreed they should have kept Smith over Berry. Adam Teicher wrote this article after being on 810 and agreeing they'd made a mistake choosing Berry over Smith. The CP idiots were all over trashing Berry as a guy who could only tackle and wasn't fast enough to be a game changer in pass defense to justify the price tag or a long contract or paying him like a top 3 safety. Maybe these people are outliers but I didn't just pull it out of thin air. That said they should pay the man. He deserved it before this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Arrowhead Pride was also basically everyone saying it's stupid to pay big for a safety and they should have let him walk

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yo people. The Dallas Cowboys are hosting a playoff game this weekend, which guarantees Dez Bryant will be involved in some kind of game changing play that gets overturned.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/819651966381019137

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

you know it's a schefter tweet when it starts with "and so"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah KC's under a winter storm watch from noon tomorrow until 2PM Sunday, it's supposed to be freezing rain tomorrow evening possibly constantly until gametime.

The good news for travel is it never gets super cold, so road salt and stuff will work. Things get just hopelessly miserable when it's icy and under 15 degrees.

that would be cool if they'd been salting the roads at all this year, but no they "pretreat" them and then leave them to the elements for 48 hours before bothering.

e: can't wait to die on my way to arrowhead on sunday morning

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

YOUNG POPE

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lane Kiffin 2.0

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Very much looking forward to McVeigh bomber jokes when he falls flat on his face thus season

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Metapod posted:

Very much looking forward to McVeigh bomber jokes when he falls flat on his face thus season

His father is named Tim which made my first google searches really hard//funny.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

His father is named Tim which made my first google searches really hard//funny.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
hahaha omg

https://twitter.com/LizHabib/status/819642167006138368

• Locked thread