Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

People keep saying that and never, ever produce the evidence, so I doubt it. I think it's a mass hallucination on your guys' part.
Look, if a bunch of people whose MO is organized stalking, harassment and slander of women and POC tell me it's true, I believe them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Noyemi K posted:

oh gently caress, cheese it boys!

*the three eggplant people I'm made out of run to the four winds, leaving the thigh highs and a poofy mop*
Alright if I'm the t****y :cumpolice:, SegFault, how is she doing?

eric posted:

apologize
the word is "rupaulogize", cishet scum

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

VikingSkull posted:

this topic isn't about the act of cumming it's about cum theory you loving idiot!!!!1!

D&D: Cum Theory 101

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Who What Now posted:

It's particularly ironic when certain posters who talk about how much they want to be able to make jokes have real problems recognizing obvious ones.

It's hilarious because I've been posting jokes in threads (including this one) satirizing the angry black stereotype for ages and then they get mad me because they think I'm 100% serious.

It's doubly hilarious when it's in a thread where people are complaining that they want to be able to post edgy jokes about race.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

i am a white male

a loving white male

Sorry about your inferiority. You should feel ashamed of being born racist.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Homeless Friend posted:

Paid for the ability to report, but doesn't report. That's privilege!

I own a gun too and have shot exactly 0 people (that I remember)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Stroop There It Is posted:

oh hell no they do not get a rudemption arc :mad:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I cum when I own a fellow poster.

Am I racist?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Who What Now posted:

It's particularly ironic when certain posters who talk about how much they want to be able to make jokes have real problems recognizing obvious ones.

sorry they only mean racist jokes

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Stroop There It Is posted:

Alright if I'm the t****y :cumpolice:, SegFault, how is she doing?

she aight

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

VikingSkull posted:

I own a gun too and have shot exactly 0 people (that I remember)

I own a gun with a silencer so there's no report HAHAHAHAHAHA

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

FactsAreUseless posted:

More scientific racism is still racism. I think it's okay to start with a baseline of "you can't decide that all members of a race are bad, even with numbers to back it up." I mean we're talking about the kind of poo poo that's been debunked for decades. There have to be some ground rules. But at the same time, it's dumb to not be able to discuss why those kinds of statistics exist, differences in arrest and conviction stats, etc. etc. Those are valid political issues that go beyond "it's because they have a criminal nature." I don't know, it's difficult to have a forum that allows for all sorts of political discussion without it becoming a breeding ground for the more "acceptable" kinds of racism that groups like the KKK have moved toward. At the same time, you can't just assume that everyone is arguing in bad faith or trying to infiltrate the forums or some poo poo. Yes, we've seen that happen on other sites, but there's no reason to think it would happen here, because it tends to happen in places with lax moderation.

One obvious solution would be to have a conservative mod. And I don't mean conservative in the sense of "mainstream liberal that other liberals accuse of being a secret Republican." But I don't know who the good candidates are because I don't follow D&D closely enough.

I think it's why I used the Muslim example. I know a lot of people who like the people but hate the culture, and are willing to debate in good faith. I also know people who... uh, well you know.

You hit my concern exactly though. I'm worried that someone will show up with bullshit info and try to present it under the guise of "hey I'm just asking questions! I'm not attacking anyone!" and then everyone has to kind of go along with it. Granted that could be hilarious in its own way, but probably only for like two minutes.

More conservative viewpoints would be cool - it would at least make things more interesting. But I'm sure you see the worry on the whole "blanket statements" thing here.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Koalas March posted:

It's hilarious because I've been posting jokes in threads (including this one) satirizing the angry black stereotype for ages and then they get mad me because they think I'm 100% serious.

It's doubly hilarious when it's in a thread where people are complaining that they want to be able to post edgy jokes about race.

Joke s are banned in this most serious of halls.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

FactsAreUseless posted:

One obvious solution would be to have a conservative mod. And I don't mean conservative in the sense of "mainstream liberal that other liberals accuse of being a secret Republican." But I don't know who the good candidates are because I don't follow D&D closely enough.

I don't think anyone that actually posts in D&D would want though.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

Why the hell do people keeping thinking TB is slashie?

Why are you so sure she isn't?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Who What Now posted:

I'm looking at one right now bitch

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

VendaGoat posted:

I cum when I own a fellow poster.

Am I racist?

YOU

WILL

NEVER

REPRODUCE

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

but enough about your mother!!!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Koalas March posted:

Poe's law is one hell of a thing.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I am 100% serious for real making a reeducation camp thread for yall right now so we cleanse you from being wild white devils.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lowtax posted:

YOU

WILL

NEVER

REPRODUCE

Did you just cum?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, it can just be tough to tell when someone starts being like "blacks do more crimes!!!"

Then engage them in good faith and see if it leads towards suggesting policy or suggesting genocide.

We don't have to tell from exactly the very first post if a poster is irredeemable or not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

I am 100% serious for real making a reeducation camp thread for yall right now so we cleanse you from being wild white devils.
When they're white they're called Cruella deVils.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

VendaGoat posted:

Did you just cum?

vendagoat has a special fifth sense for when another poster cums

it's called taste

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Angepain posted:

I have to say I haven't actually seen on D+D the kind of Oppression Olympics SJW madness that a lot of people seem to be satirising here? Or at least never to the extent that I'd actually think it was the dominant culture. Again this is where some examples of specific bans/probes would have been useful in making us know exactly what we're debating the existence of and whether it qualifies as SJW Gone Too Far.

[I full understand how dumb and self-important this sounds] I'm fairly prominent in D&D, and while most threads are only besieged by about 3 posters (most reregs), theres a few problem threads that have been mentioned ITT.

While the problem posters usually get shouted down, theres not much a new reader can do if they wander into a Trap Thread, where the boundaries of D&D blur, text turns into images, and the chaos of tribalism reigns.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Why was GBS closed for being regular bad and now DnD is insanely bad and staying open?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Lowtax posted:

I own a gun with a silencer so there's no report HAHAHAHAHAHA

:thurman:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
rice crispies is a racist cereal, fight me about it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

vendagoat has a special fifth sense for when another poster cums

it's called taste

I'm glad I can bring so many people pleasure.

Now if only I could monetize it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Homeless Friend posted:

I'm looking at one right now bitch

Finally, somebody gets it! People say joking is forbidden here and yet I've been posting for years.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

I don't think anyone that actually posts in D&D would want though.

I've always suspected Amergin is actually just playing devil's advocate, but if he isn't I think he'd be suited for the job. If he's still here. I haven't been for a few months.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Arrhythmia posted:

Why was GBS closed for being regular bad and now DnD is insanely bad and staying open?

gbs wasnt just regular bad and if you think that then your giga-bad

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I think there it's the difference between claiming black people are more likely to suffer from circumstances that lead them to desperate actions, and claiming that black people have some sort of inherent defect in their base nature that lead them to desperate actions.

One is something that can be argued about existing and changed with proper political policy, and the other doesn't lead much of anywhere but discussing if they are worthy of obliterating or not. The first is not racist, the second is. Thus the second should not be allowed both because it's raw bigotry and because it isn't good for debate or discussion.

Yeah this is the distinction I was hoping would be made here. Thank you

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

White Privilege

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

[I full understand how dumb and self-important this sounds] I'm fairly prominent in D&D, and while most threads are only besieged by about 3 posters (most reregs), theres a few problem threads that have been mentioned ITT.

While the problem posters usually get shouted down, theres not much a new reader can do if they wander into a Trap Thread, where the boundaries of D&D blur, text turns into images, and the chaos of tribalism reigns.

Would you say you're also a prominent member of the MMO community?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Arrhythmia posted:

because the revenue from DnD red texts and account re-regs keeps lowtax and family sleeping indoors whereas everyone in GBS is broke and doesn't buy anything

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

D&D was never subject to a disastrous reboot we had to try and correct with another, slightly less disastrous reboot.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Koalas March posted:

haha jokes on you, now you have to put up with me constantly asking 110-level questions, refusing to understand the answers, asserting that well, i personally dont see race, and then restarting the whole dumbass cycle on a daily basis

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

because the revenue from DnD red texts and account re-regs keeps lowtax and family sleeping indoors whereas everyone in GBS is broke and doesn't buy anything

uh dude I've had like 6 different avatars in the past few weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

D&D was never subject to a disastrous reboot we had to try and correct with another, slightly less disastrous reboot.

how quickly we forget the lessons of LF

*stares solemnly at slate-gray horizon*

• Locked thread