Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

mysterious frankie posted:

stardew valley needs to come to 3ds because I can't imagine sitting in front of my tv playing it. seems like something I'd play for variable bursts on a little screen that I take with me everywhere I go.

It's coming to the Switch I believe so your dreams can come true!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu

oh you literally just said that lol

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Quidthulhu posted:

oh you literally just said that lol

lol

I'm prolly not buying a switch for a long long time tho, a bloooo bloooo blooooo

plus I'm not super sure about that ol' switch being any good for mobile gaming yet. I spend 90% of my time with my ds on trains and buses.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Quidthulhu

well we'll find out in 7 minutes, switch live event starting soon!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

BIRDCON 2017

thank you nintendo and your army of developers for providing us with Original Games Content

Quidthulhu

my god that console looks amazing i am loving ready now

ScrubLeague

I'm going to need to see how much zelda you can play on the handheld before the battery dies before I can get too interested in that thing.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

vanisher

Just finished watching the video, I'm curious how the HD rumble feature feels

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

every time I visit Hong Kong and see all the cool 3ds variants I want to buy, I am disappointed that it's region locked.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Senior Management

I know that Nintendo hardware is normally pretty durable but all I could think about when I first saw the Switch is confusion over how many insertions it would be rated for.

:jerry:

joke_explainer

Vynar posted:

I know that Nintendo hardware is normally pretty durable but all I could think about when I first saw the Switch is confusion over how many insertions it would be rated for.

What, like atmospheric? Looks like hard plastic. It would probably melt even with a heat shield...

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
I just bought the Steve Jackson sorcery series for PC then remembered that I have a daughter so won't have time to play video games for the next 15 years. Has anyone played it on an iPhone, would it be worth refunding on steam and buying the iOS version instead?

tao of lmao

Pocket Card Jockey is the best 3ds game.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

tao of lmao posted:

I only played the demo but I played the heck out of that demo

NyetscapeNavigator

tao of lmao posted:

:agreed:

Also it's on sale right now I think.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I can't stop playing battle brothers, someone help me.

----------------

drilldo squirt

It's medieval fantasy where the town screen background mutter has someone yelling bababooey.

----------------

Moola
can you please record the bababoooey

mysterious frankie

drilldo squirt posted:

It's medieval fantasy where the town screen background mutter has someone yelling bababooey.

bababooey never gets old. I bet romans wrote bababooey on those walls that were like their ancient version of web forums.

----------------

tao of lmao

fafa flooey
tata toothy

drilldo squirt

Moola posted:

can you please record the bababoooey

I don't know how.

----------------

Scaly Haylie

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't know how.

http://www.howtogeek.com/217348/how-to-record-the-sound-coming-from-your-pc-even-without-stereo-mix/

Hereyago, drilldo.

Music Theory

there he is

the font is super janky because i made it

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Playing cities skylines again, I find it hard to make nice layouts of towns and cities that aren't just one giant megalopolis. Restraint and an aesthetic touch for making quaint desert towns eludes me. That said, taking hours to plan and create spiderwebs of skyways and tunnels to funnel traffic through downtown is fun.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

SIDS Vicious

hello everyone I've been getting way back into playing video games since I stopped smoking weed last month and would love it if you guys have any suggestions for cool pc platformers especially of the metroidvania variety I got axiom verge and it basically perfectly scratches that itch but I'm always looking for more. I finally beat hotline miami yesterday after about a year and a half of banging my head on it over and over again

a bone to pick

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

hello everyone I've been getting way back into playing video games since I stopped smoking weed last month and would love it if you guys have any suggestions for cool pc platformers especially of the metroidvania variety I got axiom verge and it basically perfectly scratches that itch but I'm always looking for more. I finally beat hotline miami yesterday after about a year and a half of banging my head on it over and over again

shovel knight bro, someone suggested it to me earlier and it kicks rear end.

but you should go back to smoking weed.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SIDS Vicious

a bone to pick posted:

shovel knight bro, someone suggested it to me earlier and it kicks rear end.

but you should go back to smoking weed.

sadly weed was literally killing me so I won't be returning to it any time soon and by God I love shovel knight I've beaten both it and plague of Shadows but neither on new game plus yet

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hey Sid try 20XX, it's a procedurally generated Mega Man X style roguelite platformer and the devs update it so often and consistently on time that there's literally a countdown to the next update on the title screen

Scaly Haylie

Sid Vicious posted:

Play Little Samson if you're willing to do emulators, it is a fantastic Mega Man clone

mysterious frankie

Sid Vicious posted:

dragon quest 8 is coming out tomorrow on the 3ds. people over in games have gotten me super hyped for it.

edit: it's not really what you asked for and for that I apologize.

----------------

SIDS Vicious

dragon quest 8 is coming out tomorrow on the 3ds. people over in games have gotten me super hyped for it.

whoa like the old ps2 game? I loved that game I can't believe this is happening hell yes!

Scaly Haylie

Salt & Sanctuary is out on Steam too I believe. It's a 2D Metroidvania that apes Dark Souls in a lot of ways from what I hear.

mysterious frankie

Sid Vicious posted:

whoa like the old ps2 game? I loved that game I can't believe this is happening hell yes!

yeah man, there's supposed to be a bunch of quality of life improvements too and some bonus dungeons, but they say the soundtrack won't be orchestral anymore :(

----------------

Historical Wizards

Wait its not out yet? Heads are going to roll at the Target I was just at.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

mysterious frankie

Historical Wizards posted:

Wait its not out yet? Heads are going to roll at the Target I was just at.

tomorrow man. well, my preorder unlocks tomorrow.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

Is there any particular reason not to play the original? Because I already have it and haven't really played it yet.

mysterious frankie

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is there any particular reason not to play the original? Because I already have it and haven't really played it yet.

Not sure yet. The soundtrack on ps2 will be better. On the other hand the ds version is going to have some unique content and qol stuff, like avoidable enemy encounters and ui improvements. Plus you can take it with you to the White House or the terlet or the bus or wherever!

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

I just remembered I don't have 3DS just a DSi :lol:

Quidthulhu

food court bailiff posted:

hey Sid try 20XX, it's a procedurally generated Mega Man X style roguelite platformer and the devs update it so often and consistently on time that there's literally a countdown to the next update on the title screen

dude whaaaaaaaat?????? i am loving all over this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

posting smiling posted:

i have a copy of their last game spacechem that i'll give you on steam if you can prove that you're smart

I'm a music prodigy please contribute to the cause