Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Oh drat, I thought it only couldn't be an explosion. I don't really care one way or the other. I find it really weird how this is the first time they're doing it, because every target ever before this has had "with any weapon/disguise". I was confused why they included that if they'd never actually give any requirements and just put the special escalation/contract requirements somewhere else on the ui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
People butthurt about the kill condition are the pettiest of manchildren and should not be spoken of. Anything they can do to help elusive targets conform to the idea behind their design is fine with me. I like that you have only one shot (sort of) at a target which doesn't recur. I used the fire extinguisher trick on the Food Critic but would welcome anything that doesn't make that the go-to easy method.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
The trick bounce-throw with the fire extinguisher and duck for the Food Critic was ridiculous and awesome, but the overall method of using an FE as a portable and easy-to-use Silent Assassin tool is being abused. I say that as someone who has been starting to abuse it during escalations.

I'm looking forward to this ET specifically because it can't be an explosion accident. I really get a kick about of those whining about the restrictions, because I believe they're less interested in truly mastering all the tools and tricks available to them in a map and more interested in finding out what they can do with a fire extinguisher/car and a remote explosive. There's more to the game than those two things, if only the complainers would try and explore them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Odobenidae posted:

Oh drat, I thought it only couldn't be an explosion. I don't really care one way or the other. I find it really weird how this is the first time they're doing it, because every target ever before this has had "with any weapon/disguise". I was confused why they included that if they'd never actually give any requirements and just put the special escalation/contract requirements somewhere else on the ui.

When I first started playing the game, I saw how it said Novikov and Margolis could be killed in any way and assumed the next levels would introduce all kinds of conditions.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tippis posted:

That would be Absolution. Hitman 2016 is commonly considered Blood Money II, with larger maps, more if not outright sandbox elements then at least more free-form mechanics, and larger allowances for screwing around. Many special kills from H:BM have been turned into universally applicable mechanics that you can now try to use against any target, and a lot of the game logic has been made… well… logical, or at least more clearly communicated, all to make it easier for you to play with a framework of rules rather than a specific scenario set up for the map.

Oh that sounds great and just want I wanted. I'll get it whenever its on sale again. Did the episodes end for this one or they still releasing new stuff?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So close to finishing my SASO run on Bangkok. Turns out when I said the hotel was a hard-fought battle for every inch, that was just the one wing with Cross' people. But he's dead now.

I also managed to take out almost everyone on the second floor. The hotel staff are all piled high next to the bed in Morgan's room and the sound crew and a couple guards are piled high in the other room. I got into the security room with the master key card and with the other two guards standing there I took out the third guard and stashed him in their locker. Then I destroyed the evidence and left.

I thought with Morgan being the only thing left I'd have a cakewalk ahead of me but he is a tough nut to crack. When I poison the food he tastes at the sushi bar he sometimes goes to puke in the washroom and sometimes in a trashcan near reception. If he reliably went to the washroom things might be easier. But his bodyguard is on him like glue, too. I could take out the guard with emetic but then I'd have none for Morgan.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lobok posted:

So close to finishing my SASO run on Bangkok. Turns out when I said the hotel was a hard-fought battle for every inch, that was just the one wing with Cross' people. But he's dead now.

I also managed to take out almost everyone on the second floor. The hotel staff are all piled high next to the bed in Morgan's room and the sound crew and a couple guards are piled high in the other room. I got into the security room with the master key card and with the other two guards standing there I took out the third guard and stashed him in their locker. Then I destroyed the evidence and left.

I thought with Morgan being the only thing left I'd have a cakewalk ahead of me but he is a tough nut to crack. When I poison the food he tastes at the sushi bar he sometimes goes to puke in the washroom and sometimes in a trashcan near reception. If he reliably went to the washroom things might be easier. But his bodyguard is on him like glue, too. I could take out the guard with emetic but then I'd have none for Morgan.

The garbage that he pukes in has some coconuts inconspicuously hanging above it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The garbage that he pukes in has some coconuts inconspicuously hanging above it.

Would those hit the guard, though? He stands pretty close. (I'm not at my PS4 to check.)

Oh wait, if lethal poisoning doesn't count against SASO then I'll use those.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 13, 2017

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yeah I dunno if you want to completely restart your run but you can totes malotes just lethally poison the food. There's no one even watching if you run there right at the start.

edit: I take a small measure of pride that I didn't go the poison route, and painstakingly cleared out the back area to kill him with the tuk-tuk SASO.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Chexoid posted:

edit: I take a small measure of pride that I didn't go the poison route, and painstakingly cleared out the back area to kill him with the tuk-tuk SASO.

why would you clear out the tuk-tuk area and not escape in the tuk-tuk

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Does it count as SASO if you hit him with a poison needle and no one sees? When he and his guard walk all the way to the isolated table at the lounge outside there is a point where the bodyguard has his back turned and you can hit Morgan with a syringe unseen.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Does it count as SASO if you hit him with a poison needle and no one sees?

Yes. Poisoned corpses can be left in the open just like people killed in an accident.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Cease to Hope posted:

Yes. Poisoned corpses can be left in the open just like people killed in an accident.

Wow, so Morgan is a completely negligible part of that SASO run if you're willing to blow a loadout spot or pickup on a poison syringe.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Wow, so Morgan is a completely negligible part of that SASO run if you're willing to blow a loadout spot or pickup on a poison syringe.

It's even easier to sprint to the plate he eats from in the kitchen (furthest right plate in the middle section) and dose it with ingested lethal poison. Nobody's looking before the first time he gets there.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i was really excited to watch videos of people doing elusive targets but most of the shitbags just use propane/fire extinguisher 'accident' kills which is really boring to watch

that food critic one was hilarious but it was the exception that proves the rule. i'm really glad that for my first elusive target i won't feel even slightly compelled to use an explosion 'accident'

wonder where he'll patrol... knocking him out then dropping a hay bale on him or something might work?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

f#a# posted:

I've been clearing out masteries to unlock everything for season 2 (only Marrakech to go!), but does anybody have a full list of the challenge-related unlocks? I got the Gold Coin, see the Antique Lethal Syringe, got the Santa outfit...what else is there?

I have this old list, which lacks the Santa suit, the later ET unlocks, and the sniper challenge…

Paris mission mastery levels
      5: Jaeger 7 (sniper rilfe)
    10: ICA Silverballer (pistol)
    11: Sedative poison vial
    15: TAC-SMG (SMG)
    20: HWK 21 Covert (pistol), ICA remote explosive

Sapienza mission mastery levels
      5: Remote breaching charge
    10: ICA remote audio distraction, Lethal poison vial
    15: Enram HV (shotgun)
    20: Jaeger 7 Lancer (sniper rifle), Proximity explosive duck

Marrakesh mission mastery levels
      5: Combat knife
    10: ICA19 F/A (pistol), Emetic poison vial
    15: Remote explosive duck
    20: TAC-4 AR Stealth (assault rifle), Proximity CX demo block
Challenges
    Master Fortune Teller: TAC-AR Desert (assault rifle)

Bangkok mission mastery levels
      5: Nne Obara's machete
    10: Enram HV (shotgun), ICA explosive phone
    15: Jaeger 7 "Tiger" (sniper rifle)
    20: Krugermeier 2-2 (pistol), "Mixtape 47"
Challenges
    Tuppence a Wish: Gold coin
    Redrum: Antique lethal syringe

Colorado mission mastery levels
      5: Modern emetic syringe
    10: RS-15 (assault rifle), Concealable baton
    15: Disposable scrambler
    20: TAC-4 S/A (assault rifle), Remote CX demo block

Hokkaido mission mastery levels
      5: Custom 5mm (pistol)
      7: Shuriken
    10: Okinawan tonfa
    15: Explosive compound
    20: Concealable knife, Sieger 300 (sniper rilfe), Loadout slots

Elusive targets (numer of completed contracts)
      5: Absolution suit
    10: Blood Money suit
    13: 47's signature suit with gloves

Bonus episode challenges
    Mission Mastery (The Icon): The iconator
    Mission Mastery (A House Built on Sand): Janbiya

Non-specific challenges
    Escalating the situation (10 full escalations): TAC-SMG Covert (SMG)

Aug 24, 2011

i'm looking for the opposite of super suits now

hokkaido has a lot, baseballer, ninja, motorcyclist

bangkok has the stalker (which is really funny)

colorado has the default suit (boring but ok)

sapienza does not have one? plague doctor said trespassing, so i don't think it is a full-hostile suit

paris i think also does not have one

marrakesh should be the prisoner, haven't checked this one

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

sapienza does not have one? plague doctor said trespassing, so i don't think it is a full-hostile suit

The mime?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

i'm looking for the opposite of super suits now

hokkaido has a lot, baseballer, ninja, motorcyclist

bangkok has the stalker (which is really funny)

paris i think also does not have one

marrakesh should be the prisoner, haven't checked this one

Sapienza and Paris have large public areas so there's nothing that is totally disallowed. The closest you get in Sapienza are the non-special suits like the street performer, the plague doctor, the bohemian (although that one has some town hall access, so it doesn't really count), and the cyclist. In Paris, the vampire magician is as good (bad?) as it gets.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Blowjob Overtime posted:

You won't have to, there's lethal poison on premises in Bangkok.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chexoid posted:

Yeah I dunno if you want to completely restart your run but you can totes malotes just lethally poison the food. There's no one even watching if you run there right at the start.

I found lethal pills already in the level so I'm good to go. It's emetic poison I've yet to find but I retrieved emetic pills from the Agency Pickup in 47's room.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Lobok posted:

I found lethal pills already in the level so I'm good to go. It's emetic poison I've yet to find but I retrieved emetic pills from the Agency Pickup in 47's room.

There are several rat poisons scattered around the level. I know there's one in the basement, and I think there are a few scattered around upstairs, too. Those are on-site emetics for poisoning food and drink.

Aug 24, 2011

haha director kill on yamazaki is pure 47

"in the meantime... watch your back"

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Less boring: scarecrow.

Aug 24, 2011

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Less boring: scarecrow.

is scarecrow a starting location?

also i am trying out the elusive guy now. actually quite nice that he doesn't show up in red - feels more like a hitman game now

Aug 24, 2011

also i am trying out the elusive guy now. actually quite nice that he doesn't show up in red - feels more like a hitman game now

i take it back where the gently caress is he. must be in the mansion

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

is scarecrow a starting location?

I turned off Instinct as soon as I first launched the game and haven't looked back. To me, not touching instinct just takes it closer to Blood Money.

Aug 24, 2011

i am probably wrong but

one of roses guards looks sorta like him? my graphics are turned low and i am not willing to risk this... yet

e: its the same guy not in elusive so nevermind i guess. he is hiding really well drat

e2: the only missing starting spot is hacker disguise so he is almost certainly in the house somewhere

e3: ok yeah he's in the upstairs hacker room doing roleplay. i got in really easily by starting as a militia in the greenhouse, grabbed emetic from the orchard agency drop (i am new to this game so i dont know if this is good), ran into the little trailer and grabbed the elite guard outfit. i got some white static attention but nobody busted me (did this twice in 2 runs, so it does work) then ran into the house. camera saw me (again, i am new to this)

i'm behind some boxes since he's got a single personal guard that goes onto the balcony periodically (if this is the black guard that patrols along the corridor, the route was changed - he just patrols between the hacker room and the balcony). the two hackers might give me some grief for the hit, but if i can emetic him (he sits down to roleplay, but stands up as well) he should go throw up. he drinks from his water bottle as well but i only have injected, not rat poison - plus he'd see me for sure

the data is in the hacker area as well, in the room adjacent to the target

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 13, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wizard of the Deep posted:

There are several rat poisons scattered around the level. I know there's one in the basement, and I think there are a few scattered around upstairs, too. Those are on-site emetics for poisoning food and drink.

Yeah, it's just a matter of finding one. There is rat poison on every map (so far) but my route through this one just hadn't brought me near any. I was looking for some last night before I had to save and go to bed and I had just started looking around the basement. I don't need it now, though, since I can use the lethal pills.

Chexoid posted:

Challenge accepted. I'm going to kill him with the poison then reload my save and do this.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I think I spotted him through the window so I'm pretty sure he's in the house. I switched over and saw mrfreeze2244 doing a livestream on YouTube and he had already killed the target and was working on the laptop intel, which is on the 2nd floor in the hacker room. He was seconds from getting SA when someone in chat told him to get the tape in case he got seen and he got spotted shutting off the server, wrecking his SA :/

He's got multiple accounts so he can make multiple attempts but I think that was his main. I'm sure he'll have some good tips by the time I get home tonight.

Aug 24, 2011

i emeticed him and he vomited in... the trash can, next to the bathroom. the knockout was trivial, but i need to find a window to toss him out since he won't go to the toilet to be drowned

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

i emeticed him and he vomited in... the trash can, next to the bathroom. the knockout was trivial, but i need to find a window to toss him out since he won't go to the toilet to be drowned

This annoyed me in Marrakesh. I got the General in the printing press room and with nobody around I knocked him out and thought I could feed him into the machine, but no. Even having the machine on and luring him to it doesn't bring up any prompt. Killing the General with the printing press has to be done only after you've convened the poster boys in that room and the General gives his speech. He goes to the machine to inspect it and that's when the kill prompt becomes available.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

put a coin on the toilet seat

Aug 24, 2011

ok, i killed him, but apparently even though it was an accident, them finding the body (i dropped it out a window) counts as body found and no SA rating

Pennfalath posted:

put a coin on the toilet seat

yeah poo poo i should have tossed a thing into the bathroom and just drowned him. gently caress

my route was:

militia in greenhouse

run to elite guard outfit in trailer, put it on, ignore static noise

run up the ramp, go left, hug the fence so the camera doesn't see you

there's a window on the left side of the house, leading into the camera recording room, and a guy who sees through your disguise, just run past and upstairs

emetic the target when nobody is looking

lockpick the bathroom door (facing out of the hacker room, go left, then it's the first door on the right)

he'll barf in the trash can next to it

do whatever the gently caress you want at this point

to get the documents, go back into the hacker room, wait until they're both out then get it - or if only one of them is in, go outside the room and toss a coin to the left, then go in and retrieve

exit house same window you came in, exit mission via bridge

very easy mission and i would SA it if i knew the mechanics beforehand lol

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 13, 2017

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Started near the greenhouse, grabbed the elite militia gear in the truck, then walked through the front door and lured the security guy away with the vacuum and destroyed the tapes. Did what I usually do and cleared out the top floor, at which point the dude figured his hacker friend was doing some other poo poo and went to have a smoke. Went to go push him over the edge, but Graves and Rose decided to show up at the exact same moment, so I decided to pull back and wait for Rose to be in his room before pushing the target. Went like it was supposed to, and I was ready to leave, when I realized I never figured out where the intel was. Good thing it was right there, could you imagine if you had to go somewhere completely different to find that poo poo?

Anyway, I liked the whole gimmick in theory, but it did kinda feel like I was being railroaded along a specific series of tasks. He definitely wasn't being particularly elusive, just sitting in his chair.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I wound up not getting an SA, but I did it first try. As always, patience in watching the target helps a lot. If I knew how to hide enough bodies on the upper level, I would've gotten SA- I don't know how to crack the videogame pair.

A general tip for ETs- bring the kreugermeier pistol. A subsonic round makes zero sound when it, for example, destroys the footage, and no one cares- even if there's a guy standing there staring at it.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
The Winter Suit is mine!

Started in the garage with coins (not necessary in retrospect) and the emetic syringe, put on elite soldier uniform in the truck, picked up lockpick in the laundry room of the house. Lockpicked the door to the basement, took out the guard there and stashed his body. Went up, took care of the guard on the balcony and moved his body a bit to the right. Syringed the target, he went to the trashcan, subdued him. Subdued the two hackers, took the face mask. Everything ready to complete the objectives. Took the laptop data, moved target's body to the stairs and just as I threw him over, someone entered the room downstairs! But they didn't see me! Ran to the basement and exited the level. SA

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Killed him and got the files perfectly, then got spotted by one guy on the way out cause I'm an anxious doofus.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'd forgotten that SA involves no bodies found so it seems like drowning is the way to go for this one since he's too likely to be found after pushing him over a railing or whatever. Looking forward to trying this tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'd forgotten that SA involves no bodies found so it seems like drowning is the way to go for this one since he's too likely to be found after pushing him over a railing or whatever. Looking forward to trying this tonight.

Bodies can be found as long as they're killed with an accident. You could drop a chandelier on top of the Sapienza target and as long as nobody actually saw you specifically set it off, it still counts. You can poison a target's food and they can drop dead in front of a bodyguard and it counts. You could kill the last target with an exploding fire extinguisher in front of his security guard and it still counts. But you can't, say, shoot them in the head and then have the body be discovered, because then it's obvious that someone murdered them.

Unlike, say, dropping a fire extinguisher and an explosive charge next to the target and then running away seconds before it explodes. That's just a tragic coincidence.