Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
We had some really pissed off 1st LT doing AIT bedcheck as the duty watch and he was doing same poo poo in a different company the night before. So sounds like someone is on a punishment tour. It's a cruel fate chasing fireguard at night, though.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

The Rat posted:

Same. Contracting is rad.

Only way I'd go back in the army would be if I could get power armor or mech pilot in my contact.

Power armor would suck.

"Corporal, my leg actuator isn't working"

"Corporal, I'm missing a codpiece"

"Here's Your armors. The batteries are old and need to be replaced twice a day. How many soldiers you got, 10? We only have 5 suits, 7 arms and 21 legs, so you're gonna have to spread them around your section. Right. Everyone hold up your right pauldron tangent screw and lens cleaning brush or expedient shaving brush..."

*step out of FOB, air conditioner fails*

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vahakyla posted:

We had some really pissed off 1st LT doing AIT bedcheck as the duty watch and he was doing same poo poo in a different company the night before. So sounds like someone is on a punishment tour. It's a cruel fate chasing fireguard at night, though.

do the drill sgts still do bedcheck

we'd all strip for ladies night

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jaguars! posted:

Power armor would suck.

"Here's Your armors. The batteries are old and need to be replaced twice a day. How many soldiers you got, 10? We only have 5 suits, 7 arms and 21 legs, so you're gonna have to spread them around your section. Right. Everyone hold up your right pauldron tangent screw and lens cleaning brush or expedient shaving brush..."

Statement of charges for mech parts you were never issued.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Jaguars! posted:

Power armor would suck.

Man, you think turning a weapon into the arms room sucks? Think how bad Joe would get hosed over turning in power armor.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

mlmp08 posted:

RCP is RCP, man.

But they're only going to bust an NCO multiple levels down for serious poo poo, not for a body comp chapter.

Not really.

And true.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

bird food bathtub posted:

Man, you think turning a weapon into the arms room sucks? Think how bad Joe would get hosed over turning in power armor.
Wash rack, yo. Hell, I cleaned a lot of my TA-50 at the car wash on post. A little bit of soap, scrubbing, and rinsing, and voila!

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
The one dude I know who loved Korea was the kinda guy who never went outside. He was stationed with like 3 other dudes and a dogge, played video games most of the day, and occasionally poo poo himself in panic when NK started acting up. Like everyone else said though, you do your year and then gently caress off.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

do the drill sgts still do bedcheck

we'd all strip for ladies night

AIT Sergeants do them everytime and act as duty NCOs, so seeing a 1LT do them was reilly weird

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Okay so in 68W AIT the most people recycle, reclass, or chapter out during the test week, which is for us the coming week.

You'd think having some time to study would be nice and beneficial for everyone. Nope. Breakfast formation and breakfast took 3 hours. We got back into rooms at around 0950, and next formation is 1100 for lunch, but you have to be 15 minutes early. That'll also take roughly 2-3 hours, as will dinner.

A mile long march to DFAC, plus only 2 lines out of 8 open on the weekend, and every company hitting it at the same time means that despite only having 10 minutes to eat, you will stand outside the company for an hour, then march, then wait for an hour for three companies to go through, then go through and quickly eat, and then form outside, and march back.

It's kinda hilarious in how 6-8 hours of the day is spent in eating related activities. You would imagine letting people study on the last weekend would help. I'm all set, but more than 50 people have already dropped, and 92 failed the last test while managing to keep their GPA high enough.

Having notes in formation is "unprofessional."

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 14, 2017

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Vahakyla posted:

The word "unprofessional" is one of my favorite Army-isms.

Putting your hands in your pocket? Unprofessional! Put them down your pants, instead.
Wearing an assault pack in formation when nobody else is? Unprofessional! Carry it in your left hand, instead.
Someone in formation forgot their wet-weather top? You better take yours off so we can all look profesional (in our mismatched uniforms).

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Gotta love volunteer army still stuck in draft army since Vietnam

Here's a quick army translator for you:

Professionalism : stupidity
Discipline : stranglehold control by higher rank
Common sense : literally the very opposite of common sense
Leadership : inserting the dick
Training : words and actions without any understanding
Uniformity : more stranglehold control with a touch of OCD.
Responsibility : the able to throw someone under the bus at a moment's notice.

Basically all army bullshit words boil down to either control, or loving. And they are all used to gently caress and control YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
LOYALTY!
DUTY!
RESPECT!
SELFLESS SERVICE!
HONOR!
INTEGRITY!
PERSONAL COURAGE!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Don't trigger me bro

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Those words mean so much to a man who scrubs garbage cans

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Soulex posted:

Not really.

And true.

People got punted in the Navy for this reason pretty regularly when masted.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

People got punted in the Navy for this reason pretty regularly when masted.

That's really hosed up. And I had a coworker RCP and he got hosed with them trying to send him to loving Korea for 6 months to finish up his contract.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

That's really hosed up. And I had a coworker RCP and he got hosed with them trying to send him to loving Korea for 6 months to finish up his contract.

I just talked to a guy today who got orders to Korea and he was supposed to report there in January 2016.

His ets was one month later.

It might be stdh but like Trump, I wouldn't put any stupid poo poo past the army.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

Okay so in 68W AIT the most people recycle, reclass, or chapter out during the test week, which is for us the coming week.

You'd think having some time to study would be nice and beneficial for everyone. Nope. Breakfast formation and breakfast took 3 hours. We got back into rooms at around 0950, and next formation is 1100 for lunch, but you have to be 15 minutes early. That'll also take roughly 2-3 hours, as will dinner.

A mile long march to DFAC, plus only 2 lines out of 8 open on the weekend, and every company hitting it at the same time means that despite only having 10 minutes to eat, you will stand outside the company for an hour, then march, then wait for an hour for three companies to go through, then go through and quickly eat, and then form outside, and march back.

It's kinda hilarious in how 6-8 hours of the day is spent in eating related activities. You would imagine letting people study on the last weekend would help. I'm all set, but more than 50 people have already dropped, and 92 failed the last test while managing to keep their GPA high enough.

while the military fits the definition of being professionals, the people in the military have no loving clue what that word means

real definition of professional:
-self regulation
-monopoly of service
-social contract with society
-prestige exchanged for services
-education and training that makes you uniquely qualified for the job

army definition of professionalism:
-matching clothes
-haircuts
-identical walkings

what would really be professional is if they afforded every opportunity to their troops to get the best possible scores and having the highest possible test average, but they're retarded so that won't happen. if you are reading, mr AIT instructor, yes, I am specifically saying you are retarded, for making there be 6 hours of food-related activities in the army medical school, you individually, and personally, are retarded

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 14, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kaliber posted:

Demoted back down to LTC after 3 months for forging his APFT's for almost 3 years. gently caress that fat gently caress who had to get goddamn liposuction because all his NCO and a few of his officers filed IG complaint after IG complaint about him being an overweight piece of poo poo who never ever took an APFT.

He must have been a huge rear end in a top hat.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TBeats posted:

I just talked to a guy today who got orders to Korea and he was supposed to report there in January 2016.

It might be stdh but like Trump, I wouldn't put any stupid poo poo past the army.

Do orders OCONUS for army also come with free tickets back to the states? Did he just have to PCS there and back and spend two weeks doing INDOC before separating?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

I wouldn't discount this happening due to clerical error, but such an ETS, especially an RCP, should cancel all orders-cutting, save ETS ones.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I saw a guy stabilized against his will for like a year due to a dental clinic thinking he might maybe need a new crown or some poo poo 9 months down the road.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Would Korea be worth it without the curfew?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah as a civilian tourist.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like I'm going to ranger school, gently caress me I guess

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

I spent 10 days over there on mid-deployment leave from Japan and it was loving awesome, not just because I was away from my detachment and the navy but it was legit loving rad. The only low point of the trip was actually being in Busan, which is a giant trash heap of a port city, but other than that I can't wait to have a chance to go back that hopefully doesn't involve war. Incredible food, history, the girls are hot, they drive on the correct side of the road, things aren't too ridiculous price wise, Seoul has a crazy easy train system...place loving rules.

Make sure to do the DMZ tour, A+ super depressing would be bummed out again

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Korea as a country is pretty drat awesome and I'd take a job to go back there as a filthy civvie contractor raking in filthy civvie contractor bucks in a heart beat. Korea in a uniform is just an endless pile of suck camouflaged as a pile of poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

maffew buildings posted:

I spent 10 days over there on mid-deployment leave from Japan and it was loving awesome, not just because I was away from my detachment and the navy but it was legit loving rad. The only low point of the trip was actually being in Busan, which is a giant trash heap of a port city, but other than that I can't wait to have a chance to go back that hopefully doesn't involve war. Incredible food, history, the girls are hot, they drive on the correct side of the road, things aren't too ridiculous price wise, Seoul has a crazy easy train system...place loving rules.

Make sure to do the DMZ tour, A+ super depressing would be bummed out again

Make sure you touch the guard. He lets you take his sunglasses off and put them on your own face for pictures.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
They're very well disciplined. Touch them. Touch them EVERYWHERE

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

cravius posted:

If your surname begins with S or later probably not.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

cravius posted:

loving lol. If you thought the weenie was bad before, you're in for an unpleasant surprise!

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

I'd probably die on the return flight midway over the Pacific as the cumulative hangover hit me. So... yes?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

cravius posted:

You're probably going to get dropped on push ups like everyone else.... "48, 48, 48, 48....."

Hopefully you at least have ARC as well because you won't get a scout platoon without it.

Have you found out which BDE you're going to? I guess ARC doesn't matter so much at an ABCT but in an IBCT or an SBCT you will never get a platoon without it.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Lugnut Seatcushion fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 18, 2020

Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016

cravius posted:

Well I'm going to Campbell so gently caress me I guess. Just RSLC for now

You can rendezvous with my destiny...

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

cravius posted:

Well RSLC is more or less treated like ARC in regards to getting a scout Platoon, you just need one or the other. However RSLC is known as the 4th phase of Ranger School. 11 guys from my class went and only 3 passed the course. Most of the guys that failed made it to the last day and didn't find out until then that they didn't pass. So they sat there on graduation day and watched their 3 buddies get their certs and diplomas. They went through a month long course for nothing. I'm sure they learned a lot but as far as the Army is concerned they may as well have never have gone.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Also, Campbell has a higher population of field grades that will care about that poo poo. If you need motivation to pass Ranger school, think of it as the last and only hard work you'll have to do in the army.

You'll get a pass for everything else if you show up as a tabbed, non-infantry lieutenant.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

cravius posted:

Have fun in Clarksville pause not

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Clarksville sucks but if you need meth it's a good spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

TBeats posted:

Clarksville sucks but if you need meth it's a good spot.

tbh this describes a disturbingly large percent of towns around army bases.