Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the speeds and the framerate look super varied. look at ryu/chun walkspeed and jump speed vs like the tiger shot tiger knee part. i think they just showed the game has a ton of slowdown or its just the variable speed select (knowing capcom its both somehow)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

canoshiz posted:

Are those new voices?

edit: They're SF4 voices :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_1D5By-R98

lmao @ the motion controlled first person 3d ryu minigame

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Can we get a lovely photoshop edit of bad face SF5 short haired violent ken?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

this looks like a glorious mess and ppl are going to pay $40+ dollars for it lmao

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Booyah- posted:

this looks like a glorious mess and ppl are going to pay $40+ dollars for it lmao

+However much the switch is

Edit: +$150 for a switch fightstick

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Booyah- posted:

looks better than sfv tbh

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Jwong's tweets imply you can tech throws even when you're not in a neutral state a la KOF? Can't wait to see how that plays out

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I wonder if they fixed the input lag, I remember HDR being laggy as hell.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 14, 2017

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I wonder if they fixed the input lag, I remember HDR being laggy as hell.

capcom fixing something..

this happens?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Night Blade posted:

Can we get a lovely photoshop edit of bad face SF5 short haired violent ken?

Seconding this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Zand posted:

capcom fixing something..

this happens?

They fixed peoples' complaints about no [character xyz] in SF5 by making a game so bad noone wants their character to show up anymore

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
I wouldnt buy this poo poo even if i was gonna have a switch

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Can't wait to churn SPDs on my joycons against strangers at the airport :dukedog:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'll never play it, but it does genuinely look better than SFV. Not as good as (most of) third strike, but third strike is a high bar.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I personally rank Sf2turbo > 3rd strike. 3rd strike was only good because of parry system I feel

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
lmao at capcom now going out of its way to ruin super turbo. this is further proof that capcom can only succeed by accident/in spite of itself.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Zand posted:

ssf2 speeds apparently.. lol capcom

loving ugggh what???

I'm not too surprised, I guess. Even though ST is the competitive standard, USFII is pretty clearly not meant to be a real competitive entry in the series. Capcom probably knows they will never make ST heads (like me) happy so they're going for a nostalgia play by appealing to a demo whose best SF memories are of SSF2 on the super nes.

loving god dammit I'm still mad though

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Hence why it's a switch port and not ps4/PC port where the real fgc is

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

snes ruled

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Keegers posted:

Hence why it's a switch port and not ps4/PC port where the real fgc is

I mean if the game's good enough, people will go to any lengths to play it.

MvC2 was on the dead Dreamcast for like a decade.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Sade posted:

loving ugggh what???

I'm not too surprised, I guess. Even though ST is the competitive standard, USFII is pretty clearly not meant to be a real competitive entry in the series. Capcom probably knows they will never make ST heads (like me) happy so they're going for a nostalgia play by appealing to a demo whose best SF memories are of SSF2 on the super nes.

loving god dammit I'm still mad though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1HTlogm1E

LOOK HOW loving SLOW IT LOOKS aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAGH

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1HTlogm1E

LOOK HOW loving SLOW IT LOOKS aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAGH

wtf whyyyyyyyy lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
"it feels like super turbo"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this game is like half the speed of st and the walking is still faster than sfv lmao

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
how did games end up with "normal" and turbo speeds to begin with

it's just asking for misunderstanding and bad feelings

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

how did games end up with "normal" and turbo speeds to begin with

it's just asking for misunderstanding and bad feelings

The America guy who designed Hyper Fighting wanted it to be fast, the Japanese designer wanted it to be slow and instead of conceding anything they added a bunch of different speed settings.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

wtf whyyyyyyyy lmao

Its an snes nostalgia cash grab

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why don't they just add a choice to use different speeds in the game?

The America guy who designed Hyper Fighting wanted it to be fast, the Japanese designer wanted it to be slow and instead of conceding anything they added a bunch of different speed settings.

So why was Super Turbo still fast?

Was that because the updated speed was proven to be so popular?

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Capcom japan hates that super turbo is the most well received iteration of SF2 apparently so I guess this is their attempt at revisionism?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why don't they just add a choice to use different speeds in the game?

there were a bunch of bootleg ce games being made where it was faster and everyone in america flocked to them because going fast is fun and capcom doesnt understand that video games should be fun

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Yeah, pretty much. The Japanese designer and the other guys who were against the changes checked out and moved onto other games once it became clear that people overwhelmingly preferred the faster version.

That designer is the guy who founded Arika and made EX/EX2, by the way.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Yeah, pretty much. The Japanese designer and the other guys who were against the changes checked out and moved onto other games once it became clear that people overwhelmingly preferred the faster version.

and Fighting Layer? That was a pretty cool fighting game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Night Blade posted:

and Fighting Layer? That was a pretty cool fighting game.

Arika made that one but I can't remember if that particular designer was directly involved with it.

I remember liking the Evil Knieval shoto, maybe he sucked, I dunno.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

regarding japans direction on SF speed, capcom tried to revert a lot of speedy stuff from HF with Super SF2 and everyone hated it. ST was a last ditch effort after capcom basically destroyed the arcade scene they had built up with the release of SSF2. luckily even though ST had a bunch of pro-newbie mechanics like throw softens it still got a big following

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat the blazblue story and i think i prefer not having the fights like in guilty gear. Or maybe i just like robo ky's scenes.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Zand posted:

regarding japans direction on SF speed, capcom tried to revert a lot of speedy stuff from HF with Super SF2 and everyone hated it. ST was a last ditch effort after capcom basically destroyed the arcade scene they had built up with the release of SSF2. luckily even though ST had a bunch of pro-newbie mechanics like throw softens it still got a big following

Man calling throw softening a "pro newbie" mechanic feels so weird in light of the fact I haven't played a fighting game in forever without outright throw teching.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Throw softening, super moves, and juggles were all considered "scrubby" and pandering by the WW/HF OGs back in the day.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

God I love the taking our ball and going home with it stories that come out of stuff like this.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Shiki Dan posted:

Throw softening, super moves, and juggles were all considered "scrubby" and pandering by the WW/HF OGs back in the day.

Supers are understandable, I do random deejay super in St and win because of it, it's sort of dumb but that game has plenty of dumb stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNRPiSQ1E-8

Probably on the Anime Topic that I don't follow but rev2 and BEST GIRL BAIKEN