Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

I'm amazed Funpub never did anything with the concept

So am I.

But honestly I'm just kind of hungry for a Beast Wars material that doesn't throw back to the show. Nothing they do that's set in the same world and time frame captures what made Beast Wars WORK.

FunPub's Beast Wars Uprising stories are actually pretty good, and exactly what I want in this regard but on a larger scale. But they're over now so that train is completely stopped I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
New Thew.

Also he lets us know what the good albums from 2016 were, I don't disagree.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

drrockso20 posted:

I'm amazed Funpub never did anything with the concept

Actually that makes me think if they did another Transformers vs GI Joe style comic any time soon it should be between early toy continuity Beast Wars and the 90's era GI Joe stuff

That would actually be kinda interesting.

Also I think the bat Optimus Primal and gator Megatron were literally meant to be G1 Optimus and Megatron.

Remember those mutant heads the first few waves had?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Any Canadians out there who have an idea of when wave three of the TR line hits our stores?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gammatron 64 posted:

That would actually be kinda interesting.

Also I think the bat Optimus Primal and gator Megatron were literally meant to be G1 Optimus and Megatron.

Remember those mutant heads the first few waves had?

They were. Mutated Transformers in the modern day

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Is the Generations set of Kup, Ratchet, and Perceptor worth shelling out around $140 for?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

pubic works project posted:

Is the Generations set of Kup, Ratchet, and Perceptor worth shelling out around $140 for?
That sounds about $80 too expensive to me. My understanding is that the Ratchet mold sucks (don't own one), Kup is fantastic, and Perceptor is nice too but you'll probably be replacing it with TR Perceptor in the near future.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TheDK posted:

That sounds about $80 too expensive to me. My understanding is that the Ratchet mold sucks (don't own one), Kup is fantastic, and Perceptor is nice too but you'll probably be replacing it with TR Perceptor in the near future.

Sounds like I'll just get TR Kup and Perceptor (or find a Generations Kup online) and then get MP Ratchet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

New Thew.

Also he lets us know what the good albums from 2016 were, I don't disagree.

That level of metal is beyond what I really want. But he has perturbator on there and perturbator is godlike, so all is forgiven

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Any Canadians out there who have an idea of when wave three of the TR line hits our stores?
Like a month ago I think? Check cybertron.ca for local sightings

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yeah, I've seen Voyagers and Leaders at Walmart, but no deluxes outside of specialty stores.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen or heard of anyone seeing any deluxes since wave 2 on store pegs in the GTA, I found the latest bunch of titan masters at Walmart once but everything else was cleared out

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wrist swivel!

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Blackheart posted:

Wrist swivel!

I was checking this the other day for you guys and I forgot to post about it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
CERTIFIED GOOD TOY 15/10 200/100 BEST BEE BEST BEE

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I was checking this the other day for you guys and I forgot to post about it

Do you have a prototype/test shot?

Did you get to transform it?

Is it as amazing as I hope?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

DoctorWhat posted:

Do you have a prototype/test shot?

Did you get to transform it?

Is it as amazing as I hope?

No to the first two - it was on a co-worker's desk (and he had to beg another coworker for it)
But yeah, it's pretty awesome

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/generations-2017-book-mp-36-megatron-article-translated.1096818/

Speaking of awesome, translated MP-36 article!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh my loving god I need this.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Seductive.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Wrist swivel!
You people actually want to pay money for this thing? It is the hideous Movie Bumblebee. You realize that right? This is an abomination.

e: This is a secret santa joke gift at best

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
An expensive Secret Santa joke gift.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I doubt I'll actually buy it but it seems like a very fun toy.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TheDK posted:

You people actually want to pay money for this thing? It is the hideous Movie Bumblebee. You realize that right? This is an abomination.

e: This is a secret santa joke gift at best

Movie Bumblebee is a cool design that features dynamic proportions and an effective use of vehicle mode mass.

Furthermore, most Movie designs, especially when simplified to plastic, also accomplish this feat. Optimus is tall and athletic, built for brawling with leverage Ironhide, stocky and solid, artillery on legs; Starscream broad and imposing.

The movie designs are good.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
It's more that the ILM designers managed to make some of them good despite being confined by the terrible junkyard aesthetic chosen for the films. Certainly Hasbro early on did phenomenal work translating many of those designs into $15-$40 toys. Most of the designs in the first film are good, and the success rate declines with each subsequent film.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorWhat posted:

Movie Bumblebee is a cool design that features dynamic proportions and an effective use of vehicle mode mass.

Furthermore, most Movie designs, especially when simplified to plastic, also accomplish this feat. Optimus is tall and athletic, built for brawling with leverage Ironhide, stocky and solid, artillery on legs; Starscream broad and imposing.

This is the most offensive thing I have ever read on these forums, and I've read d&d.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

Counterpoint: they all look like poo poo due to being essentially humanoid scrap metal sculptures.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The first couple pages of Lost Light #2 are up on the iTunes page, but they're teeny weeny.
Not sure if you can get them at a decent size, since I don't use iTunes, is anyone able to advise?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Ehhh, sorry to have wasted any of your time Rhyno, but i'm gonna' pass on that Voltron set.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

mehall posted:

The first couple pages of Lost Light #2 are up on the iTunes page, but they're teeny weeny.
Not sure if you can get them at a decent size, since I don't use iTunes, is anyone able to advise?

these are a little bigger but god I wish IDW would take the baby previews off iTunes

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

This is the key thing that made those designs work for me, on screen they're a jumbled mess of CGI even in the later films.

I wish the lovely old mustang version of Bumblebee had gotten a better deluxe like the modern version, I love the classic car vehicle mode but the engineering of the figure is terribly disappointing compared to the updated alt mode figure.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tighclops posted:

This is the key thing that made those designs work for me, on screen they're a jumbled mess of CGI even in the later films.

I wish the lovely old mustang version of Bumblebee had gotten a better deluxe like the modern version, I love the classic car vehicle mode but the engineering of the figure is terribly disappointing compared to the updated alt mode figure.

lovely old Camaro.

And "seductive thighs" was the best part of that article, but it was all really interesting. Is this Oshima character a new design lead to the MP line? I dig that they're highlighting the attention to detail and how the joints are located to maximize range of motion.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorWhat posted:

"Dynamic proportions" is a hilariously accurate description of all the Bayverse robots. It's surprising you were using it to be complimentary.

If you find movie Starscream "broad and imposing" you should never go into a kite shop, you'll poo poo your pants.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

Ehhh, sorry to have wasted any of your time Rhyno, but i'm gonna' pass on that Voltron set.

Don't even sweat it. I set it up next to Fort Max, leaning towards keeping it for now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't think Movie Starscream is a bad design for a robot, just not for Starscream. That's one design I never liked from the first movie. I think almost everyone liked Blackout however. I'm not against different proportions per se, as I've said I like most of the movie 2 Constructicons because of how crazy they are.

Bumblebee is a very solid design save for the strange face, I don't know what they were going for but it looks like some weird fetish mask or something.

e: whoa, the reprolabels set for Galvatron includes a brand new helmet.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 14, 2017

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Movie starscream is a metal dorito with arms and legs.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The 07 movie designs are fine, aside from everyone's face looking like the business end of a woodchipper

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

Don't even sweat it. I set it up next to Fort Max, leaning towards keeping it for now.

Go grab a Rewind or Stripes in tablet mode and have Fort Max keep the individual lions on a lease, and make a shelf "Fort Max's shopping day." Bonus points if you get your Titan masters running in terror from him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

e: whoa, the reprolabels set for Galvatron includes a brand new helmet.

Whoa, indeed. I'm glad my Shapeways parts didn't mutilate my Galvatron, because I need this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bought myself a KOMP Ironhide off eBay, so we'll see how that turns out in a few weeks.