Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Allright I'm stuck on what I'm pretty sure is the infamous water part in TLG. I feel like I did it half right because I got trico to smash part of the floor out but I can't get him to actually get me out of here. Help?

Not sure what part people had trouble with, but his tail should be hanging down through a hole in the floor somewhere, you have to push the crate over to it to reach it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Allright I'm stuck on what I'm pretty sure is the infamous water part in TLG. I feel like I did it half right because I got trico to smash part of the floor out but I can't get him to actually get me out of here. Help?

Push the box to the corner where there's an opening, his tail should drop down if he's not too confused.

It bugged out for me on the first try.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Not sure what part people had trouble with, but his tail should be hanging down through a hole in the floor somewhere, you have to push the crate over to it to reach it though.

Yeah it's feeling like a bug then because he made a hole for it but it didn't drop down.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Push the box to the corner where there's an opening, his tail should drop down if he's not too confused.

It bugged out for me on the first try.

I'm in the corner. Did you reload or did it bug out and eventually fix itself?

Edit: got it. Polygon walk through has a great solution for anyone else who gets stuck there.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 15, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Montalvo posted:

I have no desire to play Horizon: Zero Dawn and don't understand the hype for it. It looks like another generic third person action adventure. I'm not sure mashing up genres (dinosaurs + science fiction) necessarily makes for a compelling setting.

It looks like MonHun but with robot dinosaurs. I don't know if that's going to be what it is but that's what it looks like and that concept sounds really really good. If you don't get that, well... :psyduck:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Montalvo posted:

I'm not sure mashing up genres (dinosaurs + science fiction) necessarily makes for a compelling setting.

You're not sure? You better loving get sure.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

robot dinosaurs...

are cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The robot designs look awesome and I don't hate Ubisoft open worlds so I'll be fine with that plus monster huntering robodinos with an improvised mix of ancient super technology and primitive stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HZD is going to look great and have interesting combat ideas so i'll put up with farcry style bullshit if only to send a message with my 60 buckos to sony that i don't want to see anymore killzone

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Of all the games to call the setting "not compelling" HZD is a weird one because it actually looks cool and original unlike most games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One thing I am really hoping from that game is that you get to explore the ruins of civilization and that they aren't just background flavor.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah honestly post post-apocalypse is a great setting but you only ever see it in JRPG's usually.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

HZD looks good, but I do agree that it gets crowded out by other things I'm exited about in this quarter...namely Nioh.

Props to Sony for starting to churn out the exclusives and new IPs tho. The PS4/XB1/Switch era is looking more and more like the PS1/Saturn/N64 era, with almost all the good poo poo on one console.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All of those consoles had good games on though so none of them are the Bone.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

All of those consoles had good games on though so none of them are the Bone.

:drat: :xbone:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

but its the "greatest game line up in xbox history"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As someone that only owned one sony console before the PS4 (a PSP fat and then the first slim). What are the chances on getting a Monster Hunter tittle for the PS4?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Guillermus posted:

As someone that only owned one sony console before the PS4 (a PSP fat and then the first slim). What are the chances on getting a Monster Hunter tittle for the PS4?
Japanese people want to play Monhun on portables, the console releases don't sell well. So the chances are bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guillermus posted:

Zero for the time being, MH's primary audience is still Japanese so it won't leave Nintendo handhelds until they stop selling the most.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guillermus posted:

Pretty slim at the moment since Sony basically let Nintendo have the IP.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

its called god eater or tokiden kiwami or maybe horizon zero dawn?

serious answer: now that capcom can't churn out cheap 240p versions of the game with decade old assets on 3ds anymore (well after XX anyway), they're going to have to spend actual money developing their cashcow series so its possible that unless nintendo helps them with the cost, they could break exclusivity with nintendo to make more sales to pay for all the hd art they need to make.

the game will of course be total crap with no content though because of having to start from scratch and its modern capcom we're talking about.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Guillermus posted:

That depends if Capcom makes a MH title for the Switch - they'll have no choice but to use HD assets for a Switch version which means it can probably get ported to PS4 pretty easily.

Real hurthling! posted:

the game will of course be total crap with no content though because of having to start from scratch and its modern capcom we're talking about.

Isn't there some China-exclusive MH MMO that actually has really nice graphics?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They'll just give it to western devs to ruin like all their once good properties

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Real hurthling! posted:

but its the "greatest game line up in xbox history"

What MS means by that is that the numbers following the titles of their exclusive IPs are greater than previous entry in the series.

One-note motherfuckers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

What MS means by that is that the numbers following the titles of their exclusive IPs are greater than previous entry in the series.

One-note motherfuckers.

they should just make a 3rd person cover halo game where you drive lambo's and call it Gears of Halo: Horizons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Don't be shocked when the Switch Monhun is the same quality assets running at glorious 720p.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

dick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5zHVFPiqvE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah it's feeling like a bug then because he made a hole for it but it didn't drop down.

That bugged for me literally yesterday. His tail was stuck on the wall for ages.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they want you to be as far in the corner as you can get because he is going to drop a chunk of ceiling and won't do it if you would get hit but you have no way of knowing this will happen so you stand under him yelling for a half hour and then go look it up online.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

they want you to be as far in the corner as you can get because he is going to drop a chunk of ceiling and won't do it if you would get hit but you have no way of knowing this will happen so you stand under him yelling for a half hour and then go look it up online.

Don't look poo poo up online for TLG. Just take a break.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beyond that his tail gets caught in the rafters, but swimming around the room will make him look around and it will fall through in a few seconds.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Don't look poo poo up online for TLG. Just take a break.

Ehhh. That's clearly a bug. It's the first time I looked something up and I am glad I did.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I didn't look anything up but it took me AGES to figure it out. I could see the tail clipping against the wall and then the narrator tells you you should be climbing the tail so I figured there was something going wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I looked up two things and they were both because I'd missed something completely and utterly obvious.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Sakurazuka posted:

I looked up two things and they were both because I'd missed something completely and utterly obvious.

You aren't the only one. I tend to overthink puzzles and tend to forget to use the game's rules or things it taught and instead try ragdolling or do something that is beyond the obvious solution.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm not asking for a spoiler i just want to know if i missed something i should go back and look for

is there any proof or reference to who clogged up the whole game with breakable wooden debris? it feels like deliberate sabotage of whats going on in the game and not just like ruins or whatever.

cause the thingy on the roof of the final boss is blocked up, putting a hold on the whole child snatching operation and there's no good reason for that as far as i could tell.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm not asking for a spoiler i just want to know if i missed something i should go back and look for

is there any proof or reference to who clogged up the whole game with breakable wooden debris? it feels like deliberate sabotage of whats going on in the game and not just like ruins or whatever.

cause the thingy on the roof of the final boss is blocked up, putting a hold on the whole child snatching operation and there's no good reason for that as far as i could tell.

It's not really blocked, as evidenced by how one of the Trico use it anyway. Looks like something tried to build a nest there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

It's not really blocked, as evidenced by how one of the Trico use it anyway. Looks like something tried to build a nest there.

oh see i thought that since the tower reactivates after you clear the debris and how the statue's mouth is actually open afterwards but sealed beforehand, that the hole where the barrels eject from had gotten clogged and the trico's weren't able to feed the machine and that finishing the game involved fixing the problem that had ruined the valley and re-empowering the tower before destroying it

but i guess people are gonna get mad if we keep spoiler chat in the general thread so thanks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No spoilers plz 😇👍

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

I got the pro version for Christmas with Uncharted 4. So far, i am loving the system. Uncharted 4 might have some of the prettiest scenery i have seen in a game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

The robot designs look awesome and I don't hate Ubisoft open worlds so I'll be fine with that plus monster huntering robodinos with an improvised mix of ancient super technology and primitive stuff.

Me neither but the overworld in HZD more resembles Uncharted/Tomb Raider than Ubisoft games to me which I find much more manageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

TLG needs a co-op mode, one player is the kid, one is Trico.