Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

LongSack posted:

Just going to leave this here...

How did you manage to not notice the factory kept your roof before you signed the paperwork? :confused: Guess you're stuck with it now.

:D

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Holy poo poo, I'm not generally a fan of verts but that is one sexy loving car. I'd put my dick on it.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Dinurth posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm not generally a fan of verts but that is one sexy loving car. I'd put my dick on it.

Umm please don't?

I am very happy with how it turned out, even if it took a few days longer to get here due to snow in North Carolina. It drives like a dream, and the Shaker Pro audio is good enough that I don't feel the need to drop another $5k on a custom system. I will almost certainly drop a Borla Touring exhaust in it, assuming the local custom exhaust shop will install it since it's not one of the brands they sell.

Just LOL at the back seats, though. I think there's 2 inches clearance between the front and back seats on the driver's side. Good thing I don't care.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

LongSack posted:

Umm please don't?

I am very happy with how it turned out, even if it took a few days longer to get here due to snow in North Carolina. It drives like a dream, and the Shaker Pro audio is good enough that I don't feel the need to drop another $5k on a custom system. I will almost certainly drop a Borla Touring exhaust in it, assuming the local custom exhaust shop will install it since it's not one of the brands they sell.

Just LOL at the back seats, though. I think there's 2 inches clearance between the front and back seats on the driver's side. Good thing I don't care.

Sup NC mustang buddy :respek:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

LongSack posted:

I had a small man ride in the back of my car once. He did not want to do it again.

stealth edit: I'm not that big of a person myself. My seat is pushed pretty far forward for proper clutch use.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Rolo posted:

Sup NC mustang buddy :respek:

I'm in TN. The sales guy found a 99% match on what I wanted in NC and had it shipped here. FWIW, I have kin in NC though :banjo:

quote:

I had a small man ride in the back of my car once. He did not want to do it again.

stealth edit: I'm not that big of a person myself. My seat is pushed pretty far forward for proper clutch use.
1/14/17, 7:51 PM

I'm 6'1", mine is back all the way

LongSack fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 15, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The only way I could fit someone in the back seat of my mustang was by having them sit sideways.

VVV I own a new edge :shrug:

Cage fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 15, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Can you still do like New Edge seats where you put your knees around the seat in front of you?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Even if your legs fit, your head will be bent in the s550. There is 0 headroom, unless you have a vert I guess.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Buhbuhj posted:

Even if your legs fit, your head will be bent in the s550. There is 0 headroom, unless you have a vert I guess.

Not sure what the S550 is, but even with the lid up, I have a comfortable amount of head room :shrug:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

LongSack posted:

Not sure what the S550 is, but even with the lid up, I have a comfortable amount of head room :shrug:
Why are you sitting in the back seat of your own car?

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

vote_no posted:

Maybe, but I think getting a different car is the more cost effective option. I mean, would you buy a V6 Mustang and add $15-20k worth of stuff to it, or would you just buy a GT? If you really would consider the V6 route, then I'm all ears.

The stock GT handling isn't really any better than the V6. Maybe marginally better than the base V6 due to the slightly stiffer suspension, but it really isn't that noticeable.

Tires will make the biggest difference, get some 255s all around. You should be able to find some GT takeoffs for cheap.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

oRenj9 posted:

The stock GT handling isn't really any better than the V6.

The V6 Performance Package on that body style is equal to the GT suspension wise, and I was under the impression the Performance Pkg made a noticeable difference.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Cage posted:

Why are you sitting in the back seat of your own car?

I did this out of curiosity when I got my s550. I'm 5'11 and nope.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
poo poo I barely fit enough in the back of my 2012 to clean the rear window. I usually end up with the front seats pushed forward and my feet sticking out the door.

Also not everyone the same height has the same proportions of lower leg, upper leg, and torso lengths.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

poo poo I barely fit enough in the back of my 2012 to clean the rear window. I usually end up with the front seats pushed forward and my feet sticking out the door.

Also not everyone the same height has the same proportions of lower leg, upper leg, and torso lengths.
Same for me (6'0" and 30" inseam). I hate cleaning the rear window because of it.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Same for me (6'0" and 30" inseam). I hate cleaning the rear window because of it.

6'4" here for me (33" inseam if you must know).

I cant even clean the rear window. I make the wife do it cause shes 4'11".

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Q_res posted:

The V6 Performance Package on that body style is equal to the GT suspension wise, and I was under the impression the Performance Pkg made a noticeable difference.

It does, but like 90% of the handing upgrade is due to tires. I have a 14 V6PP and it's great on the pirelli tires, but pretty awful/sketchy on my winter setup.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

oRenj9 posted:

It does, but like 90% of the handing upgrade is due to tires. I have a 14 V6PP and it's great on the pirelli tires, but pretty awful/sketchy on my winter setup.

The 15-16 PP suspension is a pretty decent difference from the older bodies.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Dinurth posted:

I'd put my dick on it.

:fuckoff:

Don't do this.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dick Burglar posted:

:fuckoff:

Don't do this.

Worried it will devalue the dick before you can steal it?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYTapi2s9DY

Supposed 18 refresh. I kinda like the back but not sure I like the new angles on the front.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Feel free to call me crazy here, but if you squint just right... does this look like they stole some styling cues from the new Camaro? Are they converging into one car, starting with the transmission?

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Buhbuhj posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYTapi2s9DY

Supposed 18 refresh. I kinda like the back but not sure I like the new angles on the front.

Glad I decided not to wait for the '18 model. Although I will say that at least the spoiler on this looks like an actual spoiler.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I like the spoiler, I don't like the extra pinch on the headlights. The actual projectors themselves look nice though.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Looks a little softer to me.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

That definitely gives of a focus vibe on the front end.

Glad I did not wait.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

So, apparently my car has nitrogen in the tires. When I played paintball, there was a thing of HPA vs CO2, but I'm not familiar with the arguments for tires. Can someone enlighten me or point me to a site that will? TIA

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

LongSack posted:

So, apparently my car has nitrogen in the tires. When I played paintball, there was a thing of HPA vs CO2, but I'm not familiar with the arguments for tires. Can someone enlighten me or point me to a site that will? TIA

All cars have nitrogen in the tires. Air is 78% nitrogen.

At some point, some marketing dickweed figured out people will pay to make another 20% of that more nitrogen by convincing them the oxygen inside the tire is rotting the tire from the inside and sneaking out and rusting wheels and all kinds of dumb poo poo like that.

There's an argument if you're driving a race car where the tires can vary by hundreds of degrees, and you need more consistent rises and drops in pressure with temperature. You're probably not driving a race car.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Powershift posted:

All cars have nitrogen in the tires. Air is 78% nitrogen.

At some point, some marketing dickweed figured out people will pay to make another 20% of that more nitrogen by convincing them the oxygen inside the tire is rotting the tire from the inside and sneaking out and rusting wheels and all kinds of dumb poo poo like that.

There's an argument if you're driving a race car where the tires can vary by hundreds of degrees, and you need more consistent rises and drops in pressure with temperature. You're probably not driving a race car.

Ok, that's about what I figured. Thanks. While the HPA vs CO2 thing is a valid issue in paintball, it seems to be marketing BS for tires :cheeky:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Nissan started it with the GTR and it was bunk then and is bunk now.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Doesn't it deflate slightly less in winter or some poo poo? I mean I won't pay for it but costco uses it for free. I work next to a costco.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
You get nitrogen so you can be a part of the elite with your green valvestem caps.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
I run helium for that sweet weight reduction.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

H2SO4 posted:

I run helium for that sweet weight reduction.

Hydrogen is lighter, game set hold the match.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I started taking my fender off this weekend to replace my door hinge. Everything went great until I got to the bottom 2 bolts. Snapped the head off the first one because of some rust. Been spraying the other one with pb blaster. Not a huge deal if I snap both of them Ill just drill them out but I really wanted that fender popped off to feel like I accomplished something. :sigh:

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Elephanthead posted:

Hydrogen is lighter, game set hold the match.

That's for the burnout competitions.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

H2SO4 posted:

That's for the burnout competitions.

Oh that explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfFTOUfhOu8

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

oRenj9 posted:

Thanks everyone for continuing to talk about this. I am leaning toward getting some 18" wheels now, but I did notice that at 235/45R17 there are a lot of options, including Pilot Super Sports.

That seems pretty far off the stock requirement (225/60R17) but I'm an idiot and have no idea what is too much of a variance in width or height.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

vote_no posted:

Thanks everyone for continuing to talk about this. I am leaning toward getting some 18" wheels now, but I did notice that at 235/45R17 there are a lot of options, including Pilot Super Sports.

That seems pretty far off the stock requirement (225/60R17) but I'm an idiot and have no idea what is too much of a variance in width or height.
Good news you just unlocked MORE SPEED.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

You should be okay if you dont mind your tires looking slightly meatier and a slightly off-speedo.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 17, 2017