Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
gently caress you Sony,

People around me are getting e-mails with 10 or 20% discount codes. All I got was a e-mail stating that the sales are ending soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Wamdoodle posted:

At the risk of dredging up screen debate, I ended up getting a used Vita 2000 with a near flawless screen and it looks just as good as my Vita 1000. I end up taking the 2000 with me for downtime while traveling more often.

I'm buying a replacement battery from Amazon here before I throw my hands up and call it completely dead here. I'd rather pay :10bux: for battery and maybe/maybe not have it work than to buy a new system outright.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm buying a replacement battery from Amazon here before I throw my hands up and call it completely dead here. I'd rather pay :10bux: for battery and maybe/maybe not have it work than to buy a new system outright.

A solid plan. I'm surprised they didn't try to make the battery a complete pain in the rear end to get to. I guess they were pretty confident they had the Vita locked down against piracy.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Sefal posted:

Wow Future tone is a bit more difficult than the other miku games I've played. Barely scraped by on hard difficulty with a 61%.

the 4 buttons presses line thing really is throwing me off. I have to press em all the same time?
Just need to get used to it I think.

So something about Future Tone that I think is new for Project Diva:

All the buttons are remappable.

Meaning, you can assign the four-button combo, or any other combo, to a single button in the customization menu.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Nothing is better than hearing that weird wub-wub transform sound effect slightly distorted due to how fast I'm going as I transform into a flying drop kick into Starscream's stupid face.

It can be a very satisfying game :hfive:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I am so bad at this Miku game. Like man am I bad at it.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Crossposting from the main thread because it got buried, but I'm looking to upgrade my launch PS4's hard drive. Is this guide from the last thread's OP still the best guide for installation? And is the Seagate Backup Plus still the goon recommended drive? I've only casually been looking at these, anyone have experience with them going on sale/below $80 anywhere?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

Crossposting from the main thread because it got buried, but I'm looking to upgrade my launch PS4's hard drive. Is this guide from the last thread's OP still the best guide for installation? And is the Seagate Backup Plus still the goon recommended drive? I've only casually been looking at these, anyone have experience with them going on sale/below $80 anywhere?

Yes on both counts, the panel removal varies if you have a Slim or a Pro, but otherwise it's the same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

melodicwaffle posted:

So something about Future Tone that I think is new for Project Diva:

All the buttons are remappable.

Meaning, you can assign the four-button combo, or any other combo, to a single button in the customization menu.

Ooooooo!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

In Future Tone, I'm finding it's easier to play when you leave the button prompts as is instead of changing the arrow prompts to square and triangle. Double button presses combined with having to hold the buttons down means you need to use the D-pad waaaaaay more than in the Diva games, and keeping the arrow prompts helps me fight my muscle memory. This game is freaking hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't comprehend the extreme charts.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This is a public service announcement:

Do not purchase Randal's Monday.

Do not purchase it for its discounted price. Do not purchase it at all. Ignore the presence of Jason Mewes and Jeff Anderson, this game is atrociously unfunny and it never stops talking.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This is a public service announcement:

Do not purchase Randal's Monday.

Do not purchase it for its discounted price. Do not purchase it at all. Ignore the presence of Jason Mewes and Jeff Anderson, this game is atrociously unfunny and it never stops talking.

duh

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The PS4 version of Malicious is coming overseas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y5aB1zY84Q

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

That game looks insanely cool.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hype

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So which section of the site has PS1 classics? I'm looking to pikc up a few older things to go and download on my PS3 when i unmod it back to the OFW but i can't see anything on the store for them?

Are they even still available or is it region locked or something (i'm in the UK).

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Kin posted:

So which section of the site has PS1 classics? I'm looking to pikc up a few older things to go and download on my PS3 when i unmod it back to the OFW but i can't see anything on the store for them?

Are they even still available or is it region locked or something (i'm in the UK).

They're still around but I think they hosed with the store and now it's harder to find them all in one spot.

Do a search for "PSone Classic" and they should all come up.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Discount Viscount posted:

They're still around but I think they hosed with the store and now it's harder to find them all in one spot.

Do a search for "PSone Classic" and they should all come up.

Bah, no dice with the seach either.

Is there stuff that's still region locked too? Like I know Xenogears and Parasite Eve 2 are on the US store but not the UK one (i also saw that there's some half hearted statement from Sony basically saying it's never getting a Euro release).

Is there a way for me get Xenogears and whatnot on the PS3 short of leaving it modded and finding a workaround?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can just sign up for a US account but i dont know how hard it is to get us psn cards overseas

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EU Peeps: The Jan Sale ends on the 20th!

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Kin posted:

I don't know if it's comprehensive, but you could try checking out the Vita page. I seem to remember there being a classics section which listed PSOne titles.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kin posted:

Is there stuff that's still region locked too? Like I know Xenogears and Parasite Eve 2 are on the US store but not the UK one (i also saw that there's some half hearted statement from Sony basically saying it's never getting a Euro release).

Is there a way for me get Xenogears and whatnot on the PS3 short of leaving it modded and finding a workaround?

Yes, you can download them with an NA account as long as your PS3 is hooked up with HDMI, or your equipment fully supports NTSC when using analog video output.

- Create a North American account, U.S. is probably best and easiest for you to fund.
- Get U.S. wallet codes from wherever online.
- Buy and download the games to your PS3.

That should be it, although you won't be able to transfer them to a PSP, Vita or PSTV unless you set that NA account on there instead of your main U.K. account.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I tired played the PS3 version of Malicious and had absolutely no idea what was happening.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Just finished Steamworld Dig. What a great game. Clocked in at just under 6 hours. It's super cheap on sale and I definitely recommend it to platformer fans.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Sakurazuka posted:

I tired played the PS3 version of Malicious and had absolutely no idea what was happening.

I've only ever beaten a single stage. The difficulty is raised after every boss you defeat and the game doesn't screw around.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BadAstronaut posted:

Just finished Steamworld Dig. What a great game. Clocked in at just under 6 hours. It's super cheap on sale and I definitely recommend it to platformer fans.

get heist.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Where's the deals sony?!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

saltylopez posted:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, that new Power Rangers game looks so adorably lovely that I almost wanna get it.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
The past 3 weeks of no sales means I'm not buying anything which means I'm not playing anything and I realized a couple of days ago that I'm actually not really "in" to video games anymore but instead into just hoarding backlogs, and Sony's 2017 sales decisions have been the definitive factor in this realization

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

tenderjerk posted:

The past 3 weeks of no sales means I'm not buying anything which means I'm not playing anything and I realized a couple of days ago that I'm actually not really "in" to video games anymore but instead into just hoarding backlogs, and Sony's 2017 sales decisions have been the definitive factor in this realization

get rehab

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They're graciously giving you a dead period in order to clear your backlog before P5.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

saltylopez posted:

There's a sale on the series of Resident Evil

Movies :negative:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

tenderjerk posted:

The new game is to see how many years worth of entertainment you get out of your backlog if you were to theoretically play it. If you leave your backlog alone, you get more years! :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Timed trials are back! You can download Rise of the Tomb Raider and Watch Dogs 2 for free, and they will work for three hours each, with progress carrying over if you buy the full version. Watch Dogs 2 Standard Edition is 33% off and its Deluxe and Gold editions are 40% off. No RotTR discounts, by the looks of things.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

univbee posted:

Timed trials are back! You can download Rise of the Tomb Raider and Watch Dogs 2 for free, and they will work for three hours each, with progress carrying over if you buy the full version. Watch Dogs 2 Standard Edition is 33% off and its Deluxe and Gold editions are 40% off. No RotTR discounts, by the looks of things.

Nice! I played through RotTR on Xbone but now that I have a PS4 Pro I'm itching to try it in 4K-ish... this will serve nicely.

edit: TR is definitely not a three hour demo... regardless of time played, it ends after you have your first encounter with Trinity.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 18, 2017

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Extremely important question: do you get trophies in the timed trials

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
The way it worked on PS3 is that trophies would pop but not show on your account until you purchased the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

but both of those games were already half off on disc sales online :confused: