Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I don't really like Kashs attitude here. It seems like Kash doesn't care about birds alignment and instead he just doesn't want to deal with a second replacement. Neither AR or bird have said very much, so it's not like there's some massive change in tone.

I'm unlikely to free lynch bird at this time because if bird and whoever else gets flipped today are both town then I think we end up in a very bad position, assuming there are two more town kills in the night.

Yeah this. I'm not super happy with the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##for the birds

This is admittedly more of a "fun factor" call than a strategic one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
we wouldn't be so lost if we killed tobbs instead of going for the trash lurker lynch at day 1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I don't really like Kashs attitude here. It seems like Kash doesn't care about birds alignment and instead he just doesn't want to deal with a second replacement.

this is actually correct.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

##for the birds

This is admittedly more of a "fun factor" call than a strategic one.

Ughhhhhhh

Maybe it would be fun to smash my fingers with a hammer, even if strategically it would be bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Why is it such a problem to deal with replacements? Read them like you would anyone else

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Why is it such a problem to deal with replacements? Read them like you would anyone else

Especially when neither AR or bird have said all that much.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If Ecco is going to modkill let that happen. If not, let it ride and don't throw out a probable town because you can't get your rocks off soon enough on a pet case

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kashuno posted:

a player that isn't around to read/play mafia/vote isn't useful you jackass.

popping in on my lunch break to say that, since he's confirmed to be being replaced, this is a dumb argument bc we have no idea how active/useful their replacement will be

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

cats bad

Atomic Soda has disappeared from the face of the earth and as such has been replaced by IllegallySober.

say hi!

deadline remains the same, bird votes are at 3.

Hi everybody, I have lunch in half an hour and have been reading the game since the beginning but now will reread the last ten pages or so on my break :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Chic Trombone posted:

popping in on my lunch break to say that, since he's confirmed to be being replaced, this is a dumb argument bc we have no idea how active/useful their replacement will be

Clarifying I was the replacement for AS, NOT for bird.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

Is he?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

If Ecco is going to modkill let that happen. If not, let it ride and don't throw out a probable town because you can't get your rocks off soon enough on a pet case

Ecco doesn't modkill the fact this is even happening is probs the closest I've seen Ecco get to a modkill ever

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if a replacement steps forward for bird I will happily replace him and this double-flip idea will fly the coop, as it were. but I am doubtful. I dare say his goose will soon be cooked.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Ecco doesn't modkill the fact this is even happening is probs the closest I've seen Ecco get to a modkill ever

I don't believe this is true in my experience

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

if a replacement steps forward for bird I will happily replace him and this double-flip idea will fly the coop, as it were. but I am doubtful. I dare say his goose will soon be cooked.

EccoRaven posted:

EccoRaven posted:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I considered replacing out too when I first got sick :/

Chic Trombone posted:

a request is out but nothing is confirmed. agree with this and taste though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The idea of having a town player who is literally non-existent is the most :psyduck: thing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

The idea of having a town player who is literally non-existent is the most :psyduck: thing.

Do you not believe town can lurk?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

##unvote
##vote Kash

You know that's a false statement.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If kash is viable you know I'm down.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Do you not believe town can lurk?

We believe a town player that IS NOT PLAYING is worse than a lurker.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

If kash is viable you know I'm down.

y'all got some time to see if people are as stupid as you are :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

We believe a town player that IS NOT PLAYING is worse than a lurker.

At least you've clarified your idiot opinion

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

y'all got some time to see if people are as stupid as you are :)

Considering you're in this game I should be safe by a mile

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
letting a town player that is not playing be replaced by someone who will is objectively better than killing said town player

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this is a stickup posted:

letting a town player that is not playing be replaced by someone who will is objectively better than killing said town player

sure that's trivially true.

I don't think it holds if you remove all instances of "town" from that sentence.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm against the bird freekill. Any replacement would have all of N2 to get caught up, and hopefully would be able to give some significant contribution to the game in D3. I'm totally aware that there's no guarantee of replacement usefulness, but I was reading bird as town before he disappeared, so I'd rather roll the dice.

Kashuno posted:

counterpoint: 90% of imgay games, for starters

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

There's no way to have a legitimate scum read on birdo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is a stickup posted:

Ecco has already said no one is coming forward for the double replacement and we have no way of knowing they're town

People are p sure AR was town when they both said pretty much nothing. Pretty sus.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote kashuno

Like everything he's done all game is anti town and self preserving

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

sure that's trivially true.

I don't think it holds if you remove all instances of "town" from that sentence.

I mean, you've already laid down a permanent vote here, but this post implies the vote should be dependent on people's alignment reads on bird, at least to me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im just gonna patiently wait for a replacement

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##vote kashuno

Like everything he's done all game is anti town and self preserving

lmaooooo yes spearheading a modkill is totally self preserving

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Flying Leatherman posted:

I mean, you've already laid down a permanent vote here, but this post implies the vote should be dependent on people's alignment reads on bird, at least to me.

Insofar as "I think keeping bird alive is only defensible if you have a positive town read on him" is dependent on alignment reads, sure.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
pmom...is right?????

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

Insofar as "I think keeping bird alive is only defensible if you have a positive town read on him" is dependent on alignment reads, sure.

Did you have a read on him based on his posts?

Actually, I'd like to pose that question to everyone voting for the modkill right now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also lol at the people conflating lurker with not playing at all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kashuno posted:

lmaooooo yes spearheading a modkill is totally self preserving

Pardon me, the vast majority of things you've done are self preserving while this is merely anti town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Flying Leatherman posted:

Did you have a read on him based on his posts?
no

• Locked thread