Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah, here's another video by that same guy that demonstrates that mechanic repeatedly... and also proves how great the smg can be, despite nearly everyone bitching about how useless it is. Its a great video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJoJNJLNX58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

47, you shot someone in the leg and then left them unconscious in a hamper to bleed continuously for God knows how long.

Yes, but I didn't kill them.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Mondian posted:

Compromised is weird. It doesn't always necessarily mean spotted. As explained by a notorious speed runner:

Similarly you can do frontal non-lethal attacks and get compromised, but not spotted. Same with the loud subdues that happen on staircases.

e: In this specific case, he saw him doing the suspicious act of throwing a non-lethal object, but was too busy eating a flying weapon to the face to spot him. If I understand correctly, however, if that was a lethal weapon being thrown he would be spotted. I might not be right on that last bit, but I think so.

So for spotted, does it mean they can't see me at all? I'm trying to better understand the conditions for the Himmipan Horror challenges in Banghok and also trying to understand the distinction for SA.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Lobok posted:

47, you shot someone in the leg and then left them unconscious in a hamper to bleed continuously for God knows how long.

Yes, but I didn't kill them.

I like the body sized freezers too...

Knock someone unconscious and stick them in a freezer? Non-lethal.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why would those freezers be people sized if people weren't to go inside them, smart guy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I like the body sized freezers too...

Knock someone unconscious and stick them in a freezer? Non-lethal.

I just noticed those for the first time in Bangkok the other day and thought the same thing. Like I know these games have to take certain Home Alone-style liberties with the resilience of human bodies in order to remain fun, but it's hard not to feel like an action is intentionally murderous when you are hiding the body.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I did the elusive target. I thought I had a decent shot at getting SA, but when I went to delete the security footage someone saw me putting a guy in a closet. I had already hacked the laptop so I couldn't reset, but I managed to throw the target over the railing by the stairs and change disguise without anyone shooting at me.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
47's Zone of Responsibility only extends a couple hundred meters from him. If that waiter he stuffed in the freezer dies an hour later after he's left the hotel, it's not his fault.

It's like how you still earn Silent Assassin if you leave a body out in the open but manage to reach a level exit five seconds before the body is discovered.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mzbundifund posted:

47's Zone of Responsibility only extends a couple hundred meters from him. If that waiter he stuffed in the freezer dies an hour later after he's left the hotel, it's not his fault.

It's like how you still earn Silent Assassin if you leave a body out in the open but manage to reach a level exit five seconds before the body is discovered.

It's how I did my Paris SASO. Took out Novikov and his bodyguard after they came outside for the fireworks and then hopped in the speedboat leaving them lying on the terrace.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Diana calls 911 the moment 47 leaves. It's all very safe and professional.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
General PSA for ETs: the kreugermeier subsonic pistol makes zero sound when you fire it and when you hit something. This means you can just shoot any security server anywhere, and as long as no one sees you fire, you're clean.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Discendo Vox posted:

General PSA for ETs: the kreugermeier subsonic pistol makes zero sound when you fire it and when you hit something. This means you can just shoot any security server anywhere, and as long as no one sees you fire, you're clean.

You can take out the basement door camera in the stairwell in Colorado with that gun as long as you stick to the left side and watch the guard who hangs out against the railing.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

So for spotted, does it mean they can't see me at all? I'm trying to better understand the conditions for the Himmipan Horror challenges in Banghok and also trying to understand the distinction for SA.

You know that white "I can see you" suspicion bar? You're spotted when that fills up, and it fills up at different rates depending on what you're doing. That's why you can get away with suspicious actions like throwing a branding iron or other tools, because they're legal items and its weird to throw them, but the bar doesn't fill up before they leave your hand. Brandishing illegal weapons (and comitting other crimes), on the other hand, fill the suspicion bar super fast/instantly depending on how well they can see you so aiming a gun or throwing a knife in view of someone will fill that bar and get you spotted.

The UI doesn't really give you much feedback on any of this so the results are often nebulous until you get to the score card.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Mondian posted:

You know that white "I can see you" suspicion bar? You're spotted when that fills up, and it fills up at different rates depending on what you're doing. That's why you can get away with suspicious actions like throwing a branding iron or other tools, because they're legal items and its weird to throw them, but the bar doesn't fill up before they leave your hand. Brandishing illegal weapons (and comitting other crimes), on the other hand, fill the suspicion bar super fast/instantly depending on how well they can see you so aiming a gun or throwing a knife in view of someone will fill that bar and get you spotted.

The UI doesn't really give you much feedback on any of this so the results are often nebulous until you get to the score card.

Oh I see. So based on your previous explanation, I could do something suspicious and get compromised, but if I KO the civie and hide them, I can still get SA because they didn't report me but I would fail the 'never seen' criteria?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

No, because failing "never seen" means you were spotted and that also means you won't get SA. Being spotted is permanent even if you were spotted by someone a millisecond before they died and you immediately hide the corpse before anyone notices.

e: The thing before is about npcs witnessing crimes, not spotting you. In the kneecap example, shooting a guy in the leg from behind will result in compromised status because the npc witness a crime, but they didn't see you do it. Because this is a video game, however, if you let them approach a guard they will magically say to them "Some bald guy is shooting people!" even though they never actually saw you. If they actually see you commit the crime you're just hosed.

ee: If this all sounds arcane to you, it's because it very much is, we're basically discussing weird AI exploits with all this.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 16, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just don't be seen, that's the easiest rule of thumb. Even in that example with the guard in the barn getting the wrench/pipe thrown directly into his face, that relies on gaming the animation. But don't do it if you're not well-versed in that stuff. I've taken out those same two guards before without being seen and didn't need to resort to that trick.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

^^^ What he said. If you're trying to replicate things GuLe, CJ, or FortheSeven do in their videos you're messing with AI exploits. If you want to learn by watching a pro play the game as its meant to be played, watch Freeze2244

e: That said, it's impossible to SA any of the Sapienza featured contracts involving the cyclist without doing leg shooting

Mondian fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 16, 2017

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hmm okay this is all very confusing indeed. I guess I'll revert back to 'if NPC gasps and reacts to me I hosed up better reload'. Which is quite annoying given that I can't save on a contract :argh:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mondian posted:

e: That said, it's impossible to SA any of the Sapienza featured contracts involving the cyclist without doing leg shooting

What are the conditions of the cyclist contracts? I've runs in Sapienza where I took out the two delivery guys, the cyclist, and the tourist who wanders over. They end up being a pile of unconscious bodies beside the driver side door of the van and I was never seen nor were any bodies found.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

There's one where you need to kill the cyclist dressed as the cyclist, another where you kill him with a sniper dressed as the bohemian. I guess now that I think about it you could use coin/distraction lures to separate them, but its much easier to just choke out the guy on the phone and leg shoot the other two.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is there a list somewhere of the various suits/gear one can unlock and the means to do so? For instance, the Santa suit and the jaeger 7 lancer (I have both, I want to find more stuff)

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It' s the "career" tab.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

where to get this gun? i am using the no-frisk one atm

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lobok posted:

I just noticed those for the first time in Bangkok the other day and thought the same thing. Like I know these games have to take certain Home Alone-style liberties with the resilience of human bodies in order to remain fun, but it's hard not to feel like an action is intentionally murderous when you are hiding the body.

47 turns off all the freezers obv

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

where the red fern gropes posted:

where to get this gun? i am using the no-frisk one atm

Get to level 20 in Bangkok and you get it automatically.

Aug 24, 2011

weird claus just stared at his empty safe and became sick. easy drown achieve i guess. gonna try for the oil barrel double burn now... i sent zaydan down to the tunnels, now i am gonna pull the fire alarm and get claus down there too. hope that does it

e: pushing it updated the opportunity and revealed that i can get both keywords. oops

Aug 24, 2011

trying to do the dance til you drop kill and it's not unlocking :mad:

i got the easter egg up and running no problem (except for some fuckwit waiter who walks right into the school to turn the intercom off... repeatedly) and i killed zaydan but no unlock

e: ended up restarting (at my shiny new school starting location) and it worked properly this time. really awesome easter egg.

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 17, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
man I have been playing too much HITMAN, I just imagined Diana saying "Welcome to DC 47"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Uhhhhh

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Remember kids, don't assassinate people in real life.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Oh boy, Lowtax is going to get another phone call isn't he.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

No no guys don't worry, it's a mission about that pizza place!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
rip me

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Mondian posted:

Compromised is weird. It doesn't always necessarily mean spotted. As explained by a notorious speed runner:

Similarly you can do frontal non-lethal attacks and get compromised, but not spotted. Same with the loud subdues that happen on staircases.

e: In this specific case, he saw him doing the suspicious act of throwing a non-lethal object, but was too busy eating a flying weapon to the face to spot him. If I understand correctly, however, if that was a lethal weapon being thrown he would be spotted. I might not be right on that last bit, but I think so.

I noticed that the 'Compromised' tag disappeared once put the guard in the box (I assume since guards don't check boxes, so it effectively removes the enemies once they're placed inside). Does that mean that if you're compromised, you can just hide the knocked out guard in a box and still get SA? Guards seeing me as I throw stuff at their head is the one problem I seem to have the most.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

All compromised means is that someone has seen you and if they reach a guard, you'll become hunted. Since boxing up sleeping witnesses takes them out of the level, there's no longer a possibility of their relaying your disguise to a guard and so you stop being compromised.

But yes, getting compromised will deny you an SA even if you knock out and hide the witness. No compromise, no suspicion, no video footage, those are the rules.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So the new 101 trailer revealed a new DLC pack called the "Blood Money Pack" for the physical release. Given how the Hitman Twitter account has already confirmed digital players like myself will get the OST, have we heard anything about that?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

GoneRampant posted:

So the new 101 trailer revealed a new DLC pack called the "Blood Money Pack" for the physical release. Given how the Hitman Twitter account has already confirmed digital players like myself will get the OST, have we heard anything about that?

Could that potentially be the pre-order stuff? I mean, the suit was from Blood Money.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

But yes, getting compromised will deny you an SA even if you knock out and hide the witness. No compromise, no suspicion, no video footage, those are the rules.

Wrong. Being spotted compromises you. Being compromised does not necessarily mean you were spotted. See all the posts above that you ignored for details.

Max Wilco posted:

I noticed that the 'Compromised' tag disappeared once put the guard in the box (I assume since guards don't check boxes, so it effectively removes the enemies once they're placed inside). Does that mean that if you're compromised, you can just hide the knocked out guard in a box and still get SA? Guards seeing me as I throw stuff at their head is the one problem I seem to have the most.

The compromised tag going away doesn't erase your past mistakes, like I said before, being spotted is forever. So like that GuLe video, if you weren't spotted as part of your compromising action (confusing, I know) then you're safe just stuffing that idiot guard in a totally-not-gonna-kill-him freezer.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

GoneRampant posted:

From their site's post about the physical release:

quote:

Included with HITMAN: The Complete First Season box is bonus downloadable content:

- 3 Bonus Missions from the Summer Bonus Episode, which includes 'The Icon' and 'A House Built on Sand' missions, plus the brand new upcoming 'Landslide' mission

- Original Soundtrack featuring the original game score

- The ‘making of’ HITMAN documentary charting the journey from showing the game to our fans for the first time before E3 2015, through to the digital launch in 2016

- HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack which includes the signature Blood Money white suit, white rubber duck and chrome ICA pistol

- The PlayStation®4 version includes 6 additional exclusive The Sarajevo Six contracts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

White rubber duck, I wonder what could trigger you.