Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

At first glance I thought Crobberts was slyly spying on his wavy hands competition , but not he was falling asleep lol

Remember this is the result of scheduled video shooting , that they could have easily re shot or edit the cut to get rid of Cribblers falling asleep

But no this is what they choose to publish online to show the world yes we are worthy of your millions

The Chairman can barely stay awake listening to his own employees spout nonsense about his movie game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

That cat is really tempting fate.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zqdq9Ay_Q&t=840s

Erin is broken, and gets no respect from the ~wavey hands~ brigade

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tokamak posted:

That cat is really tempting fate.

There's clearly a sheet of hardboard under it's butt

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
http://nerdsontherocks.com/151-proof-movies-wing-commander-drinking-game/

1.Commedic – Whenever someone shouts “medic,” take a drink.

2.Wings on Fire – For every explosion or ship destruction, take a drink.

3.Any Ole Commander – Whenever someone is given an order, take a drink. Take 2 drinks whenever someone disregards those orders. Take 3, if someone listens to the orders and ends up dead anyhow.

4.Wing Commanders – For every reaction shot of the pilots in their cockpits, take a drink.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Just make it easy and chug the whole bottle the first time Cribblers appears on screen

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

http://nerdsontherocks.com/151-proof-movies-wing-commander-drinking-game/

1.Commedic – Whenever someone shouts “medic,” take a drink.

2.Wings on Fire – For every explosion or ship destruction, take a drink.

3.Any Ole Commander – Whenever someone is given an order, take a drink. Take 2 drinks whenever someone disregards those orders. Take 3, if someone listens to the orders and ends up dead anyhow.

4.Wing Commanders – For every reaction shot of the pilots in their cockpits, take a drink.

For watching Wing Commander the "movie", the only logical drinking game to play would be:

Down a shot everytime something dumb/stupid/nonsensicle happens.

That way you'll only have to endure about 20 minutes or less depending on alcohol tolerance. :)

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Ecosystems and planet terrain: Chris: "We're planning to have..." "The concept is that..." "We're definitely going to have..." "And I think that'd be cool, and longer term we're hoping to make it so there will be..."

Implementing ArcCorp, a planet entirely covered in factories: TonyZ: "We've talked about this in the past and basically the idea is that..."

Handling disconnections in multicrew scenarios or players logging in and out on long-term guild run campaigns: Chris: "The concept we're going with is that..."

Ship security: TonyZ: "Eventually we're going to have..." "I can see..."

Stealing ships: Chris: "We will have those systems in." "We wanna make it so..."

Scaling mission difficulty: TonyZ: "Yeah, what we have right now is actually far simpler than what we're gonna have very shortly..."

Environmental or manmade risks in the PU: Todd Papy: "From a design standpoint we want to be able to create..."

Ship maintenance, components wearing out: Chris: "We're also gonna have..." "We've talked about -- it's not in..." "The idea is that..."

Throughout: TonyZ: "Y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know..."

STILL EARLY DAYS

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

Chin posted:

Ecosystems and planet terrain: Chris: "We're planning to have..." "The concept is that..." "We're definitely going to have..." "And I think that'd be cool, and longer term we're hoping to make it so there will be..."

It's more than that even - Just in that first question, he veers all over the place, starting with "the jungle planet, the ice planet", then realizes that's a bit one dimensional and boring, so he says it will be more than that. They'll have magic zones! Where you need the right magic boots, or you can't go there. Yes. But wait! Hand-wavy junior here goes on about all the great tools they have to sculpt entire planets by hand, as if that were remotely plausible. Chris reminds us that planets are real big guys. Just think about how long it's taken us to explore earth, and we're going to have 100 systems!

Keep feeding those ~dreams~, Chris, they need more bullshit to thrive!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Chin posted:

Implementing ArcCorp, a planet entirely covered in factories: TonyZ: "We've talked about this in the past and basically the idea is that..."

Handling disconnections in multicrew scenarios or players logging in and out on long-term guild run campaigns: Chris: "The concept we're going with is that..."

Stealing ships: Chris: "We will have those systems in." "We wanna make it so..."

Scaling mission difficulty: TonyZ: "Yeah, what we have right now is actually far simpler than what we're gonna have very shortly..."

Environmental or manmade risks in the PU: Todd Papy: "From a design standpoint we want to be able to create..."

Ship maintenance, components wearing out: Chris: "We're also gonna have..." "We've talked about -- it's not in..." "The idea is that..."

Throughout: TonyZ: "Y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know..."

STILL EARLY DAYS

Yea I was going to post something similar to this. How is poo poo like this still in idea mode? The gently caress? Going on 6 years now, and things are still on paper as "Well, what if we did this.." Unbelievable. How are people still giving this idiot money?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Breetai posted:

So my best friend who is a huge fan of bad movies (we've seen The Room together like 4 times) is coming to Adelaide (home of the best arble garble since she was a whatever) to visit me, and I feel like completely ruining our friendship entirely by watching Wing Commander with her, completely blind (apart from having seen the bulldozer scene).

A bottle of Captain Morgan will be involved.

Does anyone have any suggestions for drinking games for the movie that will leave us emotionally vulnerable and weeping, but not to the point of insensibility (because that way we can't feel the pain triple every second)?

just get stoned and watch the big lebowski

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sandi'ng intensifies

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Xaerael posted:

There's clearly a sheet of hardboard under it's butt

I wanted to believe

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Gabe Newell posted this on reddit, as advice to someone looking for tips on video game development:

quote:

The most important thing you can do is to get into an iteration cycle where you can measure the impact of your work, have a hypothesis about how making changes will affect those variables, and ship changes regularly. It doesn't even matter that much what the content is - it's the iteration of hypothesis, changes, and measurement that will make you better at a faster rate than anything else we have seen.

Made me think of this game.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Raised by Hamsters posted:

It's more than that even - Just in that first question, he veers all over the place, starting with "the jungle planet, the ice planet", then realizes that's a bit one dimensional and boring, so he says it will be more than that. They'll have magic zones! Where you need the right magic boots, or you can't go there. Yes. But wait! Hand-wavy junior here goes on about all the great tools they have to sculpt entire planets by hand, as if that were remotely plausible. Chris reminds us that planets are real big guys. Just think about how long it's taken us to explore earth, and we're going to have 100 systems!
And then try and reconcile that with what they say about ArcCorp.

Tens of millions of square kilometers of factories covering an entire planet, but there'll be a few landing zones and air control will give you a designated flight tunnel so you can pop into the shops.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Breetai posted:

What's the lesnick challenge again?

eat until you no longer move and an eye goes crooked

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

eat until you no longer move and an eye goes crooked

Otherwise known as the homer Simpson moo moo stage

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anyone have any good citizen ~dreams~ posts? Or crazy theory crafting? Those are always fun.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Chin posted:

STILL EARLY DAYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Chin posted:

And then try and reconcile that with what they say about ArcCorp.

Tens of millions of square kilometers of factories covering an entire planet, but there'll be a few landing zones and air control will give you a designated flight tunnel so you can pop into the shops.

I think the best part is combining this with 9 million NPCs with an AI equivalent to the HAL 9000 but saddled with human emotions and bodily functions. There will be six degrees of separation of course, with NPCs remembering how they were paid and how you treated them. Then they talk among themselves in regards to your reputation. Fortunately for CIG, this level of detail can be housed on the Jesuscloud.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I wonder if this will get pulled when someone notices there a drawing a nekkid woman on the anatomy book?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Viscous Soda posted:

I wonder if this will get pulled when someone notices there a drawing a nekkid woman on the anatomy book?

Christ, they posted tweets with poop on a whiteboard.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Otherwise known as the homer Simpson moo moo stage

The fingers you have used to type this comment are too fat. To obtain a special typing wand, please mash the keyboard with your palm now

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

just get stoned and watch the big lebowski

You're not wrong, you're just an rear end in a top hat

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Calling Sandi's acting wooden is an insult to wood

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
MoMA: Please whisper to us the sweet sounds. The ones which will sooth the harsh mental buzzing of CIG's complete lack of a plan - and their contradictory, impossible promises.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Raised by Hamsters posted:

MoMA: Please whisper to us the sweet sounds. The ones which will sooth the harsh mental buzzing of CIG's complete lack of a plan - and their contradictory, impossible promises.

You should watch the townhall. Theres clearly a plan in place.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Subscribers should feel good about themselves to fund these. I mean they got a new space tree for their hanger in January. Never mind the 10K in air fare costs to facilitate the meeting of the minds and Roberts dozing off.

necroid
May 14, 2009

lmao that's the face I make when I'm shitfaced

gj crobs

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

the worm is turning?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

necroid posted:

lmao that's the face I make when I'm shitfaced

gj crobs
it's 100% my "blacking out in a meeting due to boredom" face.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i know those eye and head movements all too well

crobbers is one sleepy, sleepy boy

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

i know those eye and head movements all too well

crobbers is one sleepy, sleepy boy

Coding at midnight will do that to ya.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Coding at midnight will do that to ya.

Doing lines and lines of code.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Doing lines and lines of code.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

For gently caress sake CIG. You're 4 years into development and you have nothing to show. A 30 minute video of 4 middle-aged nerds sat in director's chairs talking about vague ideas of 'this might happen' or 'we're thinking it could be like...' or 'maybe it works like...'.

You've blown through ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!!! Stop loving talking. Go and show me these systems, show me the work in progress, show me the proof of concept, hell show me the loving design documents.

You're promising to make the most ambitious and complex game ever created and you're still talking about concepts for basic functionality like a loving logoff timer... or fuel rods for ships... after 4 loving years!

Do you know what I thought of when I was watching that? Those 'Relay' nerds or whatever they're called. Tell me, what is the difference between Crobbler and Tony Z sitting there talking you through their ~~DREAMS~~ and Dolvak or bowtie dude talking you through his? Neither are gonna loving happen! It's pie-in-the-sky, 'imagine how cool in would be' bullshit which they ask you to pledge hundreds of dollars to prove that you believe.

Don't give them any money. If you've ever given them any money apply for a refund to get it back. This is my Star Citizen meltdown and you can have it for free.

gently caress Chris Roberts.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chrisp Robberts is like that guy that got caught pretending to be a sign language interpreter, he knows gently caress all about what he's talking about but projects himself onto the world stage and hopes no one will see him for the lying sack of poo poo he is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpPvGP_GUXs

I really wish one of these web shows like Bat Girl would just bring Chris on and straight up ask him the hardest questions there are in relation to this farce of a game, and see what he mumbles out

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
What the gently caress is the point of a planet covered by factories? Real state is never the issue, it's always logistics.

Is it because Coruscant and Trantor already took up housing and office space?

Goddamit, and here I am putting more thought than Crobbers into this non-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Tokamak posted:

the worm is turning?

That feel when you realize that the cultists are JUST realizing that these guys are just theory crafting.

e: bart tax

Goobs fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 18, 2017