Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Hav posted:

Progress is usually better understood through seeing the scrum board, like this;

https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

Each card is a task and they're using the lanes to indicate the release that they're shooting for. it's not a customer facing tool that only provides surface detail, but something that allows visibility into the development of the game in the near, mid and longterm. This is pretty much the gold standard of transparency in development. The light purges all doubt.

SC uses updates to create buzz, and as such they're a marketing tool, because it's a Ponzi scheme that is surviving on the new money to allow the things that the old money bought to be built. Utterly Flarpy.

has anyone ever attempted to make a reddit post asking for CIG to do something similar?
I'm sure the shitizens would be all over it, most open development ever etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

aleksendr posted:

Its a "slow and snow" day over here, not even a 1/4 of the staff showed up. Need to entertain myself somehow so making noise with "Troll 101" is better than nothing.

Nice self-doxx Lando

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TrustmeImLegit posted:

That's honestly just your uninformed opinion. You've clearly had a bad customer experience with CIG and its coloring your """"analysis"""" of the project. Look at what you posted, it clearly assumes so many things including what the motives of CIG are and whether or not we are in a dunkin donuts drivethrough. I'll try to parse through the rest of it but I can see you called Chris a fraud. Something so laughably and demonstrably wrong I won't even dignify it with a rebuttal. 300+ employees man.

Ad hominem isn't a real defense, and the number of employees is not proof of legitimacy. At its peak Theranos had around 850 employees. Back in October they fired about as many people has CIG has working for them, and this month they're laying off the rough equivalent of every CIG employee outside of Manchester. Having twice as many employees as CIG didn't make Elizabeth Holmes any less of a fraud.

AP posted:

You dumb arseholes are so easy to troll I'm actually embarrassed.

I enjoy it. I know it's meaningless, but it's still fun.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What do you think Ben's office chair smells like?

this is the debate we need

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Gradis posted:

this is the debate we need

This is a new and very curious definition of "need" that I would like to hear more about.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://vimeo.com/129662453

I'll watch this and let you guys know if it's worth it

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Tippis posted:

This is a new and very curious definition of "need" that I would like to hear more about.

getting some sample chairs in and i will pass the numbers to statistics cow to crunch.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I also have Derek's screeds bound as hotkeys

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

It's a mixture of curiosity and nausea.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

cool new Polack jokes posted:

are u derek smart

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I only have the one bound but it's a pretty good summary

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

SC is clearly Agile. We get constant updates, buildwise and information wise on a near daily basis. A project like SC is going to take a long time to iterate to the final product to be sure. But to say this isn't Agile is really ignorant about what is being released on this project on a regular basis.

If SC was agile, they would deliver many vertical slices with minimal feature changes that were Stable and On Time. So far CIG has done exactly the opposite.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm more of fan of the '67 style versus the '70.

With that said, FIL had a white '70 W-30. Complete with red inner fenders.

most violent car I have been in was a 440 road runner. I have been in tt911-lambos,ferr,vettes,audis etc. No vipers or buggs,paganis yet. S8with v10 is a beast.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

lol It's never going to court and the financials will never be public. This is how it's going to end: They will run out of money, Chris will say "Welp we tried but it was just too ambitious and we faced constant antagonism from the (haters/media/big publishing), sorry." and then he and Sandi ride off into the sunset in matching limited edition 911s.

I guess the docu will be like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPOGxUtZvk

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I only have the one bound but it's a pretty good summary

Tbqh I was genuinely hyped when he posted that, it was like a week after I started following the thread

I now see that rather than a Challenger-esque CATO for us to warm our hands by, SC is more like Columbia on a long slow atmospheric descent, gradually disintegrating and more sad than shocking.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ad hominem isn't a real defense, and the number of employees is not proof of legitimacy. At its peak Theranos had around 850 employees. Back in October they fired about as many people has CIG has working for them, and this month they're laying off the rough equivalent of every CIG employee outside of Manchester. Having twice as many employees as CIG didn't make Elizabeth Holmes any less of a fraud.

I enjoy it. I know it's meaningless, but it's still fun.

I think I have the proof I need. The person I represent has had his business financially damaged with your slander and its very possible there will be very real consequences. I'd be careful in the future bandying about accusations of fraud.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

As promised! lovely programmer art incoming.

The Titanic posted:

And the last for now.

This is by no means lovely. It brightened up my rainy and windy morning. o9

This is seriously funny / good / terrible if you haven't seen it.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 18, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tbqh I was genuinely hyped when he posted that, it was like a week after I started following the thread

I now see that rather than a Challenger-esque CATO for us to warm our hands by, SC is more like Columbia on a long slow atmospheric descent, gradually disintegrating and more sad than shocking.

Derek threatening legal action and then doing nothing is as old as the internet, it's what earned him his reputation.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lol, so many retards replying in earnest to SurfaceDetail :v
ArfJason this dude is better at his craft than you've been so far haha

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think I have the proof I need. The person I represent has had his business financially damaged with your slander and its very possible there will be very real consequences. I'd be careful in the future bandying about accusations of fraud.

That and about $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee at your local Starbucks son. I am sure we will all be more careful in the future with this open ended limp dicked threat you just made.:dong: By the way? What fedora wearing bitch uses the term "bandying about" and expects to be taken seriously? Because you sure as poo poo aren't a "lawyer" and you aren't representing anyone. :downsbravo:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The same business that accused me of committing corporate espionage in official correspondence?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Slander is spoken. When it's written it's libel.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The same business that accused me of committing corporate espionage in official correspondence?

Have you ever officially denied it? For the record?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

Slander is spoken. When it's written it's libel.

Be pedantic if you like. I'm sure the judge will love that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

Have you ever officially denied it? For the record?

Wouldn't I need to have a business first?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You did though. You took information from their business and gave it to a direct competitor in the same field. I'm just playing though I'm not a lawyer haha. But you really should be more careful throwing the word fraud and scam around.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What are you goddamn goons doing in here?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Be pedantic if you like. I'm sure the judge will love that.

You raise a good point - judges are notorious for hating getting into technicalities regarding matters of law.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You did though. You took information from their business and gave it to a direct competitor in the same field. I'm just playing though I'm not a lawyer haha. But you really should be more careful throwing the word fraud and scam around.

Wrong. I never took information from CIG.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

That's Agile dev for you. Constant iterations. Basic software dev honestly.

As a scrum master, I say you're full of poo poo!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wrong. I never took information from CIG.

Thankfully that won't be up to either of us to determine soon.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

HycoCam posted:

Holy crap!! If there is ever a Star Citizen book--this needs to be right there on the inside of the cover.

If there ever is a star citizen book???

:negative:

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

:stonklol:

This troll is really weird can we just see your nuts now?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Polish Avenger posted:

Same.

Meridian posted:

What are you goddamn goons doing in here?

Beautiful damned goony things. How about yourself?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wouldn't I need to have a business first?

OBJECTION!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Polish Avenger posted:

This is starting to constitute harassment of a sexual nature. I can have someone draw up a C n D later or you can stop demanding that I expose my genitals on the internet.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
oh hey sweet, more people, including a mod trolling themselves to the stone age.

Hey guys. Star Citizen is good. Please quote this 20+ times and hit me with 40,000 words in response, thank you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TrustmeImLegit posted:

This is starting to constitute harassment of a sexual nature. I can have someone draw up a C n D later or you can stop demanding that I expose my genitals on the internet.

post a pic of the CnD, it will be like where's waldo

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

oh hey sweet, more people, including a mod trolling themselves to the stone age.

Hey guys. Star Citizen is good. Please quote this 20+ times and hit me with 40,000 words in response, thank you.

I was hoping to have more backup by this point but I think SC is pretty good now as it is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fat Shat Sings posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Decoded. Show us your nuts.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Seems legit.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 18, 2017