Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

But mo-o-om, I don't wanna go to the reception!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Koala getting a CT scan.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

spasticColon posted:

I don't know if this has been posted in this thread yet but I think the video on Nintendo Switch Parental Controls is cute and funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bAayBtcb0

This made me realize for the first time that Bowser is some kind of monster turtle thing, and not a generic dragon monster thing.

I..... I need to lay down. My mind has been sufficiently blown.

:aaaaa:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This made me realize for the first time that Bowser is some kind of monster turtle thing, and not a generic dragon monster thing.

Well he's still a dragon, just one that has turtle as one of the main ingredients(an Ox is one of the others), I believe he's based off some kind of Chinese dragon, that or the Tarrasque

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

drrockso20 posted:

Well he's still a dragon, just one that has turtle as one of the main ingredients(an Ox is one of the others), I believe he's based off some kind of Chinese dragon, that or the Tarrasque

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvrgwiRQUk

To add cute pics - here is my Bowser Gamera tortoise Turbo:

Also pictured: Confused idiot dog.

Also also pictured: Cyber Mecha Turbo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

drrockso20 posted:

I think he's just a dragon turtle.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jagged Jim posted:

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw that.

I haven't seen that cartoon in decades and it still hits me right in the feels. :cry:

I've got those Looney Tunes DVD sets at home and this is one of my absolute favorites :3: I love how much they could do visually with so little dialogue

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Goddamn cloud-bear dogs giving me diabetes :kimchi:

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Some extra tiny beans:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLh2_NljC_x/

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

He's supposed to be an alligator turtle.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/821026348063924224

Now that's a good big, slow, dumpy 'zilla right there.
That alligator is real fat, yo.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzALllUee3A

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

That alligator is real fat, yo.

you tell him that

e: also I love Bowser's tiny phone :3:

e2: also here's some itty bitty babby turtles
https://twitter.com/austreptilepark/status/821286429237968896

McDragon has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Jan 17, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ogxndaQylU1taqrqt.mp4#_=_

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:)

From photographing cosplay...

There is nothing more cute then seeing a child's favorite character come to life. The smiles I have seen, and captured, from children meeting their favorite princess, it's worth it.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

spasticColon posted:

I don't know if this has been posted in this thread yet but I think the video on Nintendo Switch Parental Controls is cute and funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bAayBtcb0

I've been pretty critical of Nintendo but this is cute and a good way to show this to parents.

It is kinda' wild that parents nowadays are more likely to be sitting next to their kids playing video games. I think that wasn't as common in the 80s and 90s.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Three-Phase posted:

I've been pretty critical of Nintendo but this is cute and a good way to show this to parents.

It is kinda' wild that parents nowadays are more likely to be sitting next to their kids playing video games. I think that wasn't as common in the 80s and 90s.
We're in a weird transitional period when afaik there is nothing that young kids are all into that is completely beyond the conception of their parents, like video games were to my boomer parents.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Samurai Sanders posted:

We're in a weird transitional period when afaik there is nothing that young kids are all into that is completely beyond the conception of their parents, like video games were to my boomer parents.

Honestly it's been like this most of human history, the 20th century was just that full of change.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

Honestly it's been like this most of human history, the 20th century was just that full of change.
Yeah, that's true. Honestly I expected smartphones and social media to end up being that but adults and kids both went after them like crazy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, that's true. Honestly I expected smartphones and social media to end up being that but adults and kids both went after them like crazy.

Oh hell yeah. For all of the base instincts people love to indulge in.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Social media was the worst thing to ever happen to the world.

That's a pretty negative statement so here's a picture of my cat on his perch judging me.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stealing valor from the Switch thread:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Stealing valor from the Switch thread:

Now that's a drat good dog.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

VendaGoat posted:

:)

From photographing cosplay...

There is nothing more cute then seeing a child's favorite character come to life. The smiles I have seen, and captured, from children meeting their favorite princess, it's worth it.

I know exactly what you mean.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msY--EwxSgg

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/8PQy6cu.gifv

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

i'm dead :3:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Alteisen posted:

Social media was the worst thing to ever happen to the world.

That's a pretty negative statement so here's a picture of my cat on his perch judging me.

Where are the other 3?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rick_Hunter posted:

Where are the other 3?

Right here funny guy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alteisen posted:

Right here funny guy.

I'm the last good Metroid game

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Alteisen posted:

Right here funny guy.

Your kitty looks upset about you taking pictures of it

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SinineSiil posted:

Your kitty looks upset about you taking pictures of it

He's 13, he's always pissed about something unless its feeding time.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Today a good dog left this world and I'm gonna lionize her here, as she would have loved. This is Sophie and she is more awesome and bitchy than you could dream of being. She was so loved it hurt:

WALK. ME. NOW. This is my girl at her finest, demanding a walk. She never accepted excuses, you get out of bed and walk, Person. Ya Bitch.

She loved Sanrio more than me.

Her favorite angle for a photo. Maximum adorable:

Two days ago, she still had nothing but attitude. The best dog:

My blessed Grandmama told me that "We love dogs for their lifetime on earth, they love us for their's. Stop crying for a happy life!". I'm going to try that. I had My Sophie for over a decade, and I'm going to adore her for and eternity. I'm glad I was there for the best part of her time on this earth. She was 16 when we had to say goodbye, I spent more than a decade of that spoiling her. I wish I had more decades.

edit: I found my favorite photo of her. She would steal your shoes and lie on them if she liked you. For five years I had a green pair of flip flops I was never, ever allowed to wear.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Jan 19, 2017

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Rub my loving tummy!

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

nzbush.jpeg

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
I never imagined I'd see parrot laser goggles but here they are!

They are there to protect the bird's eyesight from the lasers that are used for particle image velocimetry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSAdkAI3hgc

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Bird goggles!

Boggles! :yayclod:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

fizzymercy posted:

Today a good dog left this world and I'm gonna lionize her here, as she would have loved. This is Sophie and she is more awesome and bitchy than you could dream of being. She was so loved it hurt:

Sincere condolences on your loss; she looks like a very excellent ladydog :). I lost my old lady dog a couple of years ago and it was pretty rough, I absolutely could hear her moving around the house for weeks after she was gone (not saying it was ghosts or anything, just that my memory was probably filling in sounds that it expected to hear).

It's probably going to sound incredibly nerdy but I really liked the analogy someone came up with that from a dog's prespective we''re like LOTR elves; we live basically forever, have superpowers of treat and toy creation, and for some mysterious reason we just choose to love and care for ordinary ol doggos just... because we do. It hurts that their lives are so much shorter than ours but on the other hand we do get to share our lives with many dog friends if we want to.

This is a very good video that everyone should watch and also reminds me of a story my Aunt's mother told me; She had a farm and had a clutch of duck eggs that she wanted to hatch, but the duck mother was very unreliable, so she put them under a very motherly hen. When the ducklings hatched, the poor hen was run ragged trying to keep the ducklings safe from the horrors of the pond. She was successful for a while, but then one day they heard a lot of panicked clucking and when they when to check they found the hen running around on top of the septic tank. When they got closer they heard the echoing sound of happy little ducks from inside the tank. They'd managed to get into it and were merrily paddling about on top of the liquid inside. The only access was a small vent hole so things were looking pretty bad until someone remembered a little fishing net they had, it took hours but all of the ducklings were eventually scooped out safely.

Happily all the ducklings were perfectly unharmed. They were washed and put in a nice safe enclosure with their hen mother :3:

Pookah has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Jan 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

He's a bigger Koopa!